PDA

View Full Version : Hafling Warrior Help

jguy
2010-05-08, 10:12 PM
The title explains it all. I want to make a halfling warrior with the adage of size doesn't matter but I didn't know if there were any feats or prestige classes to help them.

I was thinking of going barb 2 for imp trip with the concept is that he is taller than everyone when they are on their back. Sorry for not being able to go into more detail, this is still a new concept in my head.

Tinydwarfman
2010-05-08, 10:16 PM
Consider a Gnome (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19872846/I_May_Be_Tiny,_But_Youre_Dead:_the_other,_melee_Ki ller_Gnome,_for_your_pleasure.?pg=1)? Most parts of the build will still work for halflings I'm pretty sure. Doesn't get deadly until mid levels though.

Keld Denar
2010-05-08, 10:24 PM
Obligatory Swordsage reference.

Particularly if you focus on Setting Sun maneuvers that allow you to negate the MASSIVE size penalties you'll have for being small and trying to upturn large foes.

Runestar
2010-05-08, 10:25 PM
You may want to consider swordsage with a focus on setting sun maneuvers, some of them grant bonuses for you being smaller (which offsets the penalties for size disparities).

Random NPC
2010-05-08, 10:47 PM
Obligatory Swordsage reference.

Particularly if you focus on Setting Sun maneuvers that allow you to negate the MASSIVE size penalties you'll have for being small and trying to upturn large foes.

You may want to consider swordsage with a focus on setting sun maneuvers, some of them grant bonuses for you being smaller (which offsets the penalties for size disparities).

another +1 to the Setting Sun Swordsage. Trip them over and attack its weak point for MASSIVE DAMAGE!

Runestar
2010-05-08, 11:06 PM
Do take note that because setting sun maneuvers reference trip checks, you will likely be subject to the max+1 size category larger than yourself limitation, meaning you can affect only up to medium sized foes. So you may need to work with your DM to ensure your swordsage does not become too useless.

jguy
2010-05-08, 11:20 PM
Well, just to tell you guys, my DM has a -very- hard time allowing ToB. He hates it with a passion ever since a guy used it to wreck the golems he sent to kill us all.

Anything else you guys can suggest. If i remember correctly in Ebberon there was a race of dinosaur riding halfling barbarians. Anything special about them?

Lycanthromancer
2010-05-08, 11:28 PM
Well, just to tell you guys, my DM has a -very- hard time allowing ToB. He hates it with a passion ever since a guy used it to wreck the golems he sent to kill us all.That's what melee guys do.

Anything else you guys can suggest. If i remember correctly in Ebberon there was a race of dinosaur riding halfling barbarians. Anything special about them?Uh...duh. They ride dinosaurs. This already puts them up with gestalt healer//ninjas for their awesome-factor.

But they're halfling outriders. Mounted charging builds are great for increasing damage even if your Strength is a couple of points lower (though you'll pretty much always deal less damage than larger creatures with more Strength...unless you go swordsage or one of the other ToB classes...rogue for sneak attack...or factotum for Int-to-damage). Also look in Complete Warrior and Races of Stone to find things like Confound the Big Folk to increase bonuses to trip and such for smaller creatures, rather than decreasing them.

jguy
2010-05-09, 12:21 AM
Swashbuckler sounds good but Int-based fighter doesn't really fit my Barbarian idea, though I could always change that.