PDA

View Full Version : Deadpool; The Greatest Character Ever?

Jibar
2006-08-01, 02:27 PM
I recently started reading up about him, and if I had access to el comics, I would read every issue.
But, needless to say, I believe he may be the greatest character ever.
He's almost immune to the space-tragic-comedic-drama going on around him. He's like a version of Wolverine with lots of insanity thrown in.
Plus, he breaks the fourth wall in the best ways possible.
Look here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadpool) for more.

Yuki Akuma
2006-08-01, 03:43 PM
"Do I still think in those little yellow boxes?"

"Ooooh, I missed you, little yellow boxes! What fun we shall have together!"

Deadpool is odd.

Alchemistmerlin
2006-08-01, 04:33 PM
Deadpool is king of comics.

Then again I love blatant parody.

Artisan
2006-08-02, 10:53 AM
Deadpool's funny, true, but I still prefer the righteous indignation of Mr. Spider Jerusalem

Alchemistmerlin
2006-08-02, 10:58 AM
I really find Transmet to be over-rated. But whenever I say that I get accused of being stupid for "not getting it"

No, I get it, I just don't ENJOY it.

Jibar
2006-08-02, 11:19 AM
Who is this Trasnmet of which you speak?"

Alchemistmerlin
2006-08-02, 11:23 AM
Who is this Trasnmet of which you speak?"

Transmetropolitan is a comic about a journalist, named Spider Jerusalem, who fights corruption and whatnot in a dystopian world.

Artisan
2006-08-02, 11:27 AM
Well, it was one of the first comics I read (I've only just gotten into comis in the last couple of years), so it will always hold a special place in my heart

NinjaFish
2006-08-02, 06:10 PM
I am currently attempting to hunt down the old deadpool comics...so far I've found one...

Mine the task eternal!

Cornugon
2006-08-03, 01:33 AM
I've got the entire Deadpool Series, and I just picked up the first 16 issues of Cable vs. Deadpool. He's easily my favorite comic book character, and is quite hilarious. I don't think I've gone through a single comic without at least chuckling.

He even yell Hadoken in one comic..while doing a Dragon Punch.

And remember "There is a man with a typewriter..."

Skyserpent
2006-08-05, 05:20 AM
That Yellow Boxes panel was actually from an issue of Agent X which was just plain odd. Then he and X just start eviscerating eachother. But yes Deadpool is awesome

Agent X was a short lived but actually GOOD spinoff of Deadpool which takes off from the ending of Deadpool and links his return into Cable and Deadpool

G. I. Jesus FOREVER!

menkent
2006-08-09, 03:14 AM
he's good for a laugh, but i never thought anything rob liefield did was worth much beyond that (though he was really nice at a convention i went to (last fall? this spring?)).

Diakos
2006-09-01, 10:13 AM
Best thing is where he "teams up" with Lobo, oops sorry i mean "Madd Wulff" (like any Lobo fan wouldn't recognize that big brutal lump of hate anywhere)

M.A.T.E.S5
2006-09-01, 11:48 AM
The only deadpool I've read is the parody over at Year One http://www.webcomicsnation.com/snufflymonkey/yearone/series.php?view=single&ID=40443 and the civil war issue of Cable Deadpool. C'mon, the GLA? there is something wrong when a hero as amusing as deadpool has to fight squirrel girl. I have a friend who simply worships the book, though, so I guess it can't be all bad

Dalius
2006-09-01, 12:27 PM
I agree, Deadpool is the greatest Marvel character to ever exist. I hadn't read anything about him until the first C&DP to come out for the Civil War series, and now I'm hooked. I'm picking up all the back issues, and probably going to look for older stuff as well.

He's apparently an unlockable character in the PS2 game Xmen Legends 2. I found this out, and immediately went and bought a copy of it yesterday. Supposedly, Deadpool is also a boss in the game, and if you have Deadpool in your party when you fight him, they have a long, pointless conversation about who is the real Deadpool. ;D

Also, in the new Marvel: Ultimate Alliance game that's coming out in a few months, he'll be a playable character as well. What can I say, I can't get enough of him!

"I love duct tape. I love the way it looks, I love the way it tapes... I even like saying it. Duct tape, duct tape, duct tape..."

Old_el_Paso
2006-09-11, 07:16 PM
Yes

Skyserpent
2006-10-05, 02:30 AM
Yes

I agree

TimeWizard
2006-10-05, 11:42 PM
What other hero randomly says "chimichanga"?
Besides his awesomeness in general, my favorite moment of his is when he lands on the car Parker and that guy... (moon knight) are in. He throws Peter parker out a window and off the brooklyn Bridge.

Spiderman: You're lucky I caught that guy you through off the bridge

Deadpool: Good, when the cops show up I can tell them i knew you were there to catch my hackey sack distraction, you can tell from my mixture of surprise and relief. Did I just say that out loud?

He goes on to tell spiderman the only reason he'd win is "because the fans love you and can't get enough of your Toby doe eyes"

And he has a back ally thai doctor give him table surgery to fix his internal monolouge.

Best ever.

The Demented One
2006-10-06, 06:31 PM
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/450/deadpooldieclownsdiedf4.jpg

Skyserpent
2006-10-08, 01:34 AM
I love that during the Spidey Deadpool fight they end it with a merchandising fight.

Though I must say, the fight with Agent X that ended with him graciously returning a pancreas in exchange for a draw was fun as well.

bosssmiley
2006-10-12, 10:31 AM
In any universe where 2000AD exists (Slaine, Judge Dredd, DR & Quinch, Rogue Trooper, the ABC Warriors, Durham Red, Nemesis the Warlock and Torquemada, Nicolai Dante, etc.) Deadpool will only ever be a distant 2nd in inherent cool.

Tharg the Mighty broke the 4th wall first and best Earthlets. ;)