PDA

View Full Version : Mutants and Masterminds Power Problem

FatherMalkav
2010-05-09, 01:51 AM
After inheriting a library of Mutants and Masterminds books and thought I'd take a look at it. I read the core book over and glanced through some settings and I thought I'd take a crack at designing a character. I've hit a snag in the design though and thought I'd ask any fans for suggestions.

The Fluff
The hero is named Stitch due to his almost ragdoll like ability to take an beating and keep moving. In fact his limbs can even detach at need be, but then must be physically held back into place.

The Crunch
Powers so far are easy:
Anatomic Separation Rank 4 with the bonus Variable Split (+1) and the flaws Permanent (-1) and Noticeable (-1) due to the fact that his limbs must be physically held back to his torso and you can see the work keeping him together.
Immunity Rank 10 for Life support and Aging. The process that left him in this condition made him something of a pseudo-undead.
Protection Rank X (all spare points after creation) This is to reinforce the 'indestructible' idea.

The Problem
I can't figure out how to do the healing power. The idea is he heals normal wounds as a human but if his arm is wrecked he can attach anyone else's and after enough time it will begin to resemble his old body (though keeping tattoos and birth marks to add a patchwork quality) and regain function. I found the Regeneration power and the Source Flaw to make him need 'replacement parts' but I wasn't sure if this got the same idea across in the end.

Thanks for any and all suggestions and help. Like I said, it's a 'test run' character so Power Points don't really matter.

wadledo
2010-05-09, 02:02 AM
You don't need Regeneration, really. M&M doesn't have a sophisticated enough damage system to have what you're looking for (which is immunity to crippling injuries).

You might also want Immunity to Critical hits as well, though, and you might just want to put some ranks in Disabled and Staggered Regeneration, to help the bounce back factor.

kamikasei
2010-05-09, 04:51 AM
Healing + Total - Self Only - Limited (only with appropriate replacements available) with the Regrowth power feat. The relevance of Regrowth will pretty much be at DM discretion.