PDA

View Full Version : How would the tier-system work for a party consisting only of fallen characters

Calintares
2010-05-09, 06:22 AM
I guess the bard would be on top, but other than that I have no idea.

Greenish
2010-05-09, 06:28 AM
Fallen from where?

Wizards have Feather Fall!

2xMachina
2010-05-09, 06:32 AM
Like fallen paladins.

Or Wizards who disjunction an artifact...

Da Beast
2010-05-09, 07:01 AM
Not all of the classes can fall. If a cleric falls he could probably just shack up with an evil deity, so my money would be on the cleric. Otherwise, bard maybe?

Greenish
2010-05-09, 07:08 AM
Bards don't really "fall" as such. They keep all their class abilities, so obviously they'd be better than the classes that fall "for real" and lose their class abilities.

[Edit]: Second place would probably belong to barbarians. The loss of Rage hurts, but at least they keep everything else.

Boci
2010-05-09, 07:12 AM
Does the fall have to be mechanical? You could just play a martial character and say hyou were once a paladin in your background story.

A binder could be the result of a wizard who disjoined an artifact, ect.

EDIT: I assume that this is more than just a thought excercise and that you actually plan to make a party of fallen PCs. If not, then ignore this post.

Nerdanel
2010-05-09, 07:43 AM
Bards and monks lose nothing when they fall except advancement, which could actually be a positive for the monk...

So, I'd say the fallen bard would be by far the most powerful, followed by the fallen barbarian who as weak fighter would still be better than the rest. The fallen paladin would duke it out with the fallen monk, with the advantage going to the monk. The fallen cleric would be the one to fall hardest and suck utterly as a weak warrior, at least until he found a new god.

Coidzor
2010-05-09, 07:50 AM
Bards and monks lose nothing when they fall except advancement, which could actually be a positive for the monk...

So, I'd say the fallen bard would be by far the most powerful, followed by the fallen barbarian who as weak fighter would still be better than the rest. The fallen paladin would duke it out with the fallen monk, with the advantage going to the monk. The fallen cleric would be the one to fall hardest and suck utterly as a weak warrior, at least until he found a new god.

Druid's aren't too good either. Their proficiencies in armor and weapons are even more limited. Do have twice the skillpoints though.

Riffington
2010-05-09, 08:21 AM
can't the ex-druid just go Blighter? or Talontar Blightlord?

Optimystik
2010-05-09, 09:14 AM
can't the ex-druid just go Blighter? or Talontar Blightlord?

The ex-cleric can go Ur-Priest, which trumps all the others.

Though the others can too, really...

Flickerdart
2010-05-09, 10:01 AM
Party full of Ur-Priests, eh? Sounds delightful.