PDA

View Full Version : need idea for atmosphere/etc for a location

cbs2186
2010-05-09, 03:22 PM
A friend is DMing a campaign set in a... well... basically an interpretation of Dante's inferno. She asked me to help with some ideas, and we're stuck on how to lay out a location that implies Lust.

Ruled out is the following:

Town full of prostitutes
BoEF (refuses to use, and I can't say I blame her)
Cliche one attractive woman flirts with the party til one member follows her home

Basically, the party is all travelling through another plane... and each area they travel through is based on a circle of hell. We've got limbo figured out... temporal abnormalities abound. Lust is a catch for us, though, as we don't want to be toooooooo cliche.

Any help is welcome. Thanks guys!!!

gdiddy
2010-05-09, 03:28 PM
Why not use the text?

Lust in the poem is a maelstrom of ash and pain. A great vortex of filth-filled infernal air that extends infinitely in all directions. People are torn around, always kept away from what they want most: The flesh of others. They may never approach one another as they are tossed through the air. Instead, they catch brief glimpses of those they lusted after, their voices, their scent on the wind, reminding them of the sin that put them in this horrible existence.

Failing that, Genital Torture for Everyone.

nyarlathotep
2010-05-09, 04:05 PM
How about a large city that seems normal at first glance, but when investigated further everyone seems to have some activity they like far too much, e.i. the surgeon is way too into invasive surgery and recommends it for even the most minor illnesses, the teacher is a pedophile, the barber is making a woman out of hair and pulled teeth, etc..