PDA

View Full Version : Mothers day loot?

Froogleyboy
2010-05-09, 04:23 PM
So, mothers in the playground, what did your offspring reward you with today? I bought my mother some Arby's roast beef, a 12 pack of beer, and a cactus (she said she'd kill an orchid, my original idea so she jokingly said "I won't kill a cactus" )she loved it and laughed for about an hour

GrlumpTheElder
2010-05-09, 04:26 PM
Call me stupid, but wasn't mother's day on the 14 March???

Edit: Oh, you have a different date in America.... My bad.

pinwiz
2010-05-09, 04:27 PM
not in america :smallbiggrin:

EDIT: gosh darn ninjas...

jlvm4
2010-05-09, 04:29 PM
I got some nice hand-made cards, a painted flower pot, homemade bath salts, and a plant. All in all a nice day. But the best part was being able to say 'go ask Daddy to handle that' all through the day :smallbiggrin:

Spiryt
2010-05-09, 04:32 PM
I need to be mother if they are giving beer for that.

It's not possible though, I guess.

YPU
2010-05-09, 04:34 PM
Today as well here in the Netherlands. There seems to be a lot of variety to the date around the world. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother%27s_Day)

Helanna
2010-05-09, 04:41 PM
My mom gets to have her day ruined by both her job and by my youngest sister, who's been an obnoxious brat all day. :smallannoyed:

And exactly nobody in my house has money to spare, so there aren't really any gifts . . .

Yeah, not a fantastic day. I really wish I could do more. I am attempting to cook a real dinner right now though, and my other sister and I cleaned a bit, so . . . not a total loss?

jlvm4
2010-05-09, 05:11 PM
Yeah, not a fantastic day. I really wish I could do more. I am attempting to cook a real dinner right now though, and my other sister and I cleaned a bit, so . . . not a total loss?

Speaking as a mom, no where near a total loss. I know I would appreciate the effort. Do not underestimate the power of cleaning and assistance, sometimes it's a better present than money. Especially after a trying day.

So great 'loot' choice.:smallsmile:

EmeraldRose
2010-05-09, 05:50 PM
My 7 yr old son gave me a card he made in school with this sort of fill in the blank message: My mother is the most beautiful mom in the world. She's as beautiful as rabbits. Her favorite food is chikin. When I'm at school she works. I wouldn't trade my mother for The lego Deth Star.

I am cooler than the Death Star. :smallcool:

I also got a handprint card from the 18 month old, tulips, and two dragon wing begonias.

Froogleyboy
2010-05-09, 05:53 PM
My 7 yr old son gave me a card he made in school with this sort of fill in the blank message: My mother is the most beautiful mom in the world. She's as beautiful as rabbits. Her favorite food is chikin. When I'm at school she works. I wouldn't trade my mother for The lego Deth Star.

I also got a handprint card from the 18 month old, tulips, and two dragon wing begonias.

That is so cute :smalltongue:

icastflare!
2010-05-09, 05:56 PM

D'awww!

That is very very very very cute!

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2010-05-09, 05:56 PM
Call me stupid, but wasn't mother's day on the 14 March???

Edit: Oh, you have a different date in America.... My bad.

That was my immediate response as well. I wonder why the dates are different.

Catch
2010-05-09, 06:11 PM
That was my immediate response as well. I wonder why the dates are different.

See here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8456454&postcount=6)

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/4439/themoreyouknow2.jpg

Amiel
2010-05-09, 11:15 PM

This is made of win and cute.

My mum received a present she bought herself; she apparently likes it a great deal. I seem to have exemplary taste in gift selection.

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2010-05-10, 02:23 AM
See here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8456454&postcount=6)

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/4439/themoreyouknow2.jpg

Oh, so the American one isn't otherwise known as Mothering Sunday, since it's not derived from it.

I was not aware there was another origin for Mother's day, you see.

Ravens_cry
2010-05-10, 02:32 AM
I got my mother a pot of Johnny Jump Ups (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viola_tricolor). This has a special meaning for us as I got her some over 10 years ago with my own funding.
Also, they are very pretty little flowers that spread well.

Lycan 01
2010-05-10, 02:37 AM
My mom is difficult to buy for, and I'm low on cash. So I just told her "Happy Mother's Day!" and gave her lots of hugs. And I didn't get on her nerves.

Everyone else, though, pissed her off. My little bro wasn't even home most of the day, nor did he tell anyone where he was going or when he left. Mia Madre was noooooot happy 'bout that... :smalleek:

thubby
2010-05-10, 02:38 AM
i got my mother a grill brush (odd, i know, but she needs one), and my siblings got her a necklace she has been pining over, and... something i can't remember.

ninjalemur
2010-05-10, 02:50 AM
I made an omelette. Turned out quite nicely.

Anuan
2010-05-10, 02:53 AM
I got my mum:
A purple AC/DC shirt
A pair of purple Ugg Boots
Purple slippers
A travel-mug for coffee (her old one's basically falling apart)
A big, green coffee mug.

She likes purple. And coffee. And AC/DC. And to a mildly lesser extent, green.

The Extinguisher
2010-05-10, 02:55 AM
I got my mom a card, mostly because I'm pretty broke and she knows it, and a card is more than enough to show her that I love her, in my opinion.

Zeb The Troll
2010-05-11, 03:50 AM
Pudding Troll got Alarra a deck of these (http://www.shadowscapes.com/Tarot/cardsmain.php?suit=0) tarot cards.

The Rose Dragon
2010-05-11, 11:12 PM
Considering Pudding Troll is still a toddler, that is some pretty huge accomplishment.

Lioness
2010-05-13, 03:24 AM
I got mum a Pfofferjee (sp!?) maker...Dutch pancakes, in case my (rather poor) attempt to spell it obscured the actual word I was trying to spell. I also got her some flowers

Borgh
2010-05-13, 04:06 AM
I got mum a Pfofferjee (sp!?) maker...Dutch pancakes, in case my (rather poor) attempt to spell it obscured the actual word I was trying to spell. I also got her some flowers

Poffertjes?

Delicious with powdered sugar. More of a Flemish tradition though, the real dutch pancakes are closer to the french crepes.

I got my mother a jar of Portuges honey and myself, that is, I got home from a three month internship abroad (yay azores) on mothersday.