PDA

View Full Version : 4th ed undead monster classes

Stryke
2010-05-09, 05:04 PM
A simple enough question, do they existe. i have open grave and from a PC point of view found it very disappointing when compared to Libris Mortis.

Glyphic
2010-05-09, 05:09 PM
An undead race exists, somewhere. Revenant. I think it's Dragon material.

Mando Knight
2010-05-09, 05:23 PM
A simple enough question, do they existe. i have open grave and from a PC point of view found it very disappointing when compared to Libris Mortis.

Open Grave is one of the DM books, like the Monster Manuals and Draconomicons. They're not meant for PCs.

So far, getting in touch with your inner shambling carcass has been limited to only a few options. There's the bloodline feat for Dhampyrs (half-Vampires), the Revenant race, and the Arch-Lich Epic Destiny. Of those, only the Arch Lich isn't Dragon material.

KillianHawkeye
2010-05-09, 05:57 PM
i have open grave and from a PC point of view found it very disappointing when compared to Libris Mortis.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the material in those two books was purposefully designed to fulfill very different goals. Open Grave is not Libris Mortis 4E.

Stryke
2010-05-09, 06:12 PM
Open Grave is one of the DM books, like the Monster Manuals and Draconomicons. They're not meant for PCs.

So far, getting in touch with your inner shambling carcass has been limited to only a few options. There's the bloodline feat for Dhampyrs (half-Vampires), the Revenant race, and the Arch-Lich Epic Destiny. Of those, only the Arch Lich isn't Dragon material.

If i had gotten a definative yes i would have considered upgrading, would have been one of the few redeeming features for me. If its in dragon then maybe theres a chance of a libris mortis 4.0 but untill then guess i'll stick to 3.5

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the material in those two books was purposefully designed to fulfill very different goals. Open Grave is not Libris Mortis 4E.

not what i asked but point taken