PDA

View Full Version : need help with [3.5e] Shaper class (Geneforge variant)

Iron Ultima
2010-05-09, 05:29 PM
Okay, I'm trying to make a Geneforge shaper class, but I do not know how to start off. any ideas?

Iron Ultima
2010-05-11, 05:48 PM
......any ideas at all?

...possibly from anyone who has ever worked on a Geneforge campaign setting?

Iron Ultima
2010-05-22, 07:59 AM
:smallsigh: well i guess someone can delete this since no one either knows anything about the said subject or doesn't care to answer :smallannoyed:. besides i have the basic layout to start with anyway.

EdroGrimshell
2010-05-22, 08:40 AM
i am actually interested in this as well, i will be downloading the demo for now and will get back to you ASAP

Dragon Elite
2010-05-22, 09:11 AM
It seems like they should have d4 hit die, a special power points system renamed "Essence" and at higher levels be able to create more powerful creatures.

The Mentalist
2010-05-22, 06:17 PM
Thank you Lappy.

Pretty much agreed, as much as I believe that this is the internet and anyone can be informed, you get more useful responses if people know what you're asking for.

I thought I was looking at something for warforged.

Iron Ultima
2010-06-16, 07:09 AM
Well okay...

Geneforge is a Rpg game created by Spiderweb Software. The game series has already been completed (so far as I know) with 5 different games. Any descriptions of gameplay or iformation beyond that I can't really describe/ tell becuase I am to lazy to go to a different page. for more info befor reading on go to this thing (http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/) . There are three different classes that you can become in Geneforge 1; the Shaper, the Guardian, and the Agent.

Shaper: shapers are basically the more suggested class for most of the Geneforge series mainly because they are the easiest to play, they are the ones that do most of the shaping. Shapers have minor spell casting abilities, weak fighting skills, and awesome-tastic shaping abilities.

Guardian: guardians are the combat ops people in the series. they are not really difficult to play, it just depends on your preference of close/ long range combat. Guardians have weak spell casting abilities, awesome-tastic fighting skills, and minor shaping abilities.

Agent: agents are the spec op and recon people. they are perhaps the most difficult to play because they can barely shape at all. Agents have awesome-tastic spell casting abilities, minor fighting skills, and weak shaping abilities.

Creations:
Creations are basically most to all of the biomass in the game series. and some of them even turn out to be main antagonists.
the list of base creations are as follows:
Fyora (small fire-spitting lizard), Artilla (small acid-spitting caterpillar), Thahd (medium humanoid that resembles bigfoot), Roamer (small dog/lizard crossbreed), Clawbug (dog-sized scorpion), Vlish (intelligent psionic squid), Gazer (Beholder rip-off), Rotgroth (really strong zombie), Drayk (medium dragon) Drakon (large bipedal dragon), battle alpha (naked red thahds on steroids) Glahk (weird large green bipedal thing with a big stinger)

The Geneforge:
The Geneforge is an illegal shaping mechanism that was created for the sole reason of gaining power by altering one's DNA. There are specific side affects to using it, such as going insane. somewhere along the line, your character has the option of using the geneforge for his/herself.

and Lappy, there is a fine line between asking and demanding, and I'm pretty sure I was one the asking side of that line.

as to mentalist, I guess you could consider it a version of warforged if you allowed the shaper to shape his own body :wink:.

Iron Ultima
2011-01-03, 06:53 PM
It seems like they should have d4 hit die, a special power points system renamed "Essence" and at higher levels be able to create more powerful creatures.

well i figured that since they were a spellcasting-based class they would need a d4 HD, but I'm not sure how much essence they should have, or what the cost of casting spells and making creations would cost. what I have figured out that the shaper needs to be any non-lawful alignment, unless he actually plans on keeping his creations. and what fun is that? especially if you have no more room for extra creations and you have the option of creating a Battle Alpha with the cost of sacrificing your Thahd.