PDA

View Full Version : D&D4E: Shadow of the Dragon Goddess (IC)

russdm
2010-05-09, 06:26 PM
Characters
{table]Name|Race|Class|Role|Player
Brin|Goblin|Rogue|Striker|Shuler
Tyle|Deva|Sorceror|Striker|Jokes
Karash|Half-Orc|Warden|Defender|WarBrute
Tzel-Okim|Doppleganger|Bard|Leader|Garnuk
Klagaar Skragin|Dragonborn|Fighter|Defender|Koboldshroud
[/table]

Your presence has been requested by a mage named Razr. He has requested that you come to the Septarch's Tower, the Mage's Tower in town, to meet with him. He would like to meet with you at Dusk this day.

It is currently 9:30 in the morning.

(Each of you has received a separate letter from Razr. You do not know each other quite yet)

WarBrute
2010-05-09, 07:58 PM
Karash

Karash steps out of the Nentir inn, which he staid at the previous night, and looks around at the surrounding area. After a several day journey from the Winterbole forest he had finally arrived in Fallcrest late last night. It had been some what of a shock to see an area so packed with people. People of all different races as well! Through out his 19 years on the world he had seen little more than humans, orcs, half-orcs and the occasional elf.

The letter had been a surprise as well. These city folk work quick, he thought to himself. Of coarse he hasn’t the slightest clue to who this Razr is, nor where this “Septarch's Tower” stands. Well, at least he has all day to find out where he needs to be.

Might as well start now, he thinks. Adjusting the massive shield strapped to his back and placing his hand over the pommel of the axe that hangs from his belt the half-orc looks up and down the street for anyone he might be able to ask for directions.

Shular
2010-05-09, 10:14 PM
Brin

Brin read, again, the letter that Orest had handed him. The tiefling had been curious, but didn't pry sbout the contents. After making sure he understood the contents, Brin smiled up at his "boss". "Looks like someone out dere appreciates my skills," he says. "But dat's for later. You got anyting for me to do dis morning?"

Assured that Orest has nothing for him to do, Brin decides to wander around town a bit. While most townsfolk have become familiar with the goblin, some still glare at him distrustingly. His wanding brings him to the foot of the bridge leading to the hill upon which the Septarch's Tower stands. An uneasiness stirs in him as he contemplates what sort of magic goes on inside, and what he will be confronted with when he enters.

With nothing else to do, the goblin turns and begins walking to the Nentir Inn. It's on the other side of town, and perhaps doesn't serve the best food, but the clientelle are often interesting enough to make it worth-while. He looks at the sun. If he times it right, he can arrive at around noon, just in time for a meal.

reason
2010-05-10, 12:44 AM
Khressik

Khressik moved steadily through the press of people on the streets. He strode purposefully, heading towards the next tavern on his list to check. He had arrived yesterday in town and reported to the church of Pelor, as were his standing orders as a Knight of the Order. Within hours of arriving, the note from Razr had been delivered, surprising the big knight. He determeined not to worry unduely over how news of his arrival had spread so rapidly, and instead set out to use the day to gather information from the locals. He had hours till his meeting with the mage, no need to see it wasted.

Diplomacy to gather info at the nearest tavern from the church [roll0]

russdm
2010-05-10, 01:22 PM
Karash

You saw a variety of people going about their day.

Khressik

You hear that Lord Markelhay is looking for adventurers, also that Teldorthan Goldcap is looking for adventurers. You hear that there has been Kobold trouble around town.

OOC: Gather Information would be a streetwise check more than Diplomacy one. So I am counting your result on streetwise. Also many of those you talk to act more politely to you.

WarBrute
2010-05-10, 01:41 PM
Karash

Karash frowns and looks around at the people. He felt uncomfortable around the sheer amount of strangers. He walks near the road and asks aloud to the people, "Cud some-un poin' me in the direction of the...uhh" He checks the letter "the uh.. 'Septarch's Tower'" His voice is rough and carries a bit of an accent. He tries to put on a friendly smile

Streetwise
[roll0]

russdm
2010-05-10, 02:00 PM
The townspeople you speak with give you good directions, though its confusing. A traveling dwarf merchant with a cart overhears you asking while he is directing his cart and stops. He leans out towards you. "If you be wanting a ride, traveler, I can take you close to it. You will have to walk the rest of the way." He says.

Hafnium
2010-05-10, 03:30 PM
E'neil

E'neil walked the streets of Fallcrest idly flipping the letter over in his hands. He'd only been in town a few days, not nearly enough time to make a name for himself. He pondered why this mage, Razr, would have requested him. "Welp guess there's no use in wondering." he said aloud, to no on in particular. Besides, it was still early, might as well grab a bite to eat and a drink or two. Smiling he headed off toward the Blue Moon Alehouse. He'd had great luck so far there, after all halflings loved stories and weren't stingy when it came to food. And maybe he could learn a bit about this Razr character while he was there.

[roll0] Diplomacy (attempt to get a free meal and drinks)
[roll1] Streetwise (to find out about Razr and the reason for the summons)

russdm
2010-05-10, 04:20 PM
The halflings at the Blue Moon Alehouse treat you to free food and drinks. Also you hear about Razr some.

You learn that Razr is wizard, a male, and a Dwarf. You learn that he likes to dress in black. You also learn that the last group he hired disappeared under mysterious circumstances.

WarBrute
2010-05-10, 04:26 PM
Karash

Karash smiles relieved that someone is willing to help him. "Ah, that wud be great!" He pulls himself up into the cart. "I'm called Karash of the Krygar-Winamus tribe."He says as he sits down. "What do they call you?"

Jokes
2010-05-10, 04:27 PM
Someplace else

Tyle swings his axe down, barely missing the dragonborn, who nimbly sidesteps and twirls his daggers in his palms. "I can see it, now you are only fighting because you don't want to admit you were wrong."

"And I can see you aren't even trying to kill me, Drett."

"What, and have you come back as something worse?"

Tyle swings at Drett again, this time connecting a glancing blow that knocks the paladins helmet off. Out of reflex, Drett opens his mouth and blasts Tyle with his lightning breath, stunning the deva long enough for Drett to plunge a dagger into Tyles chest.

The pair look at each in confused silence.

Tyle presses the dagger further into his chest, and the deva slowly begins to break apart. "See you in the next life, brother." A bright flash and Drett is left standing in the room alone.

"I swear on Bahamut, if you make the same mistakes in your next life," he twirls a dagger, "I'll find a place for this one too."

It'll take him a few hours to reform, so it's probably going to time with when all of you are in the Tower. What can I say, I like interesting entrances. But I just wanted to make an IC post :smalltongue:

reason
2010-05-10, 07:24 PM
Khressik

Having spoken to a number of patrons at the Nentir Inn, Khressik returned to the House of the Sun to speak to the priest Grundelmar.

He approached the gruff dwarf and bowed low in respect to one of his standing within the church. "Greetings again, Holy one. I have been making enquiries within town about my family but so far nothing has come up". He moved to assist the dwarf with his preparations for the days services, carrying a large urn of incense to the corner so the Dwarven priest wouldn't have to exert himself.

"However, I did find that at least two factions are trying to recruit sellswords for jobs, and I recieved a letter last night for a meeting with the mage Razr." He turned his green eyes to Grundelmar, sincere curiosity burnign in them, "Can you tell me any reason why so many people would need mercenaries in a town of this size. What troubles this place that a great mage and a noble lord would need the help of one such as I?"

Diplomacy if needed to get the priest on my good side [roll0], Stretwise if that's needed [roll1]

russdm
2010-05-11, 11:39 AM
Karash

The dwarf merchant studies you then speaks, "I'm known as Graz Thunderfist, former adventurer. Now I am a merchant. If you are a member of that tribe, then i fought alongside your kin against the Bloodspears. Your tribe helped hold one of the dwarven outposts against the Horde. After their charge, the one the tribe's members did, we thought they destroyed because of how messy the fight was. It is my great honor to meet you." Graz says to you.

Khressik

Grundelmar glances at you from doing his preparations. "The Lord Mayor is probably wanting someone to take care of the kobold problem. Teldorthan wants someone to get back something that the kobolds stole from him. As for this mage Razr, you watch yourself lad, he is dangerous and not to be trusted. He works magic and that should not be reason enough i know, but I don't like him. His last three adventuring groups he hired disappeared. He hired them to retrieve something from somewhere. Probably dangerous. And, lad, I have heard rumors about him. Disturbing ones..." Grundelmar concludes ominously.

Shular
2010-05-11, 04:10 PM
Brin

Brin finishes his meal at the inn, disappointed at the lack of interesting patrons this day. In fact, the lizard-man riding in the cart with a dwarf, which passed him while he was walking to the inn, was the only real "out-of-the-ordinary" thing he'd seen all day. Well, besides the letter. Taking it out, he reads it once again, but can discern nothing new.

On his walk back to the tower, he stops to pick up a small loaf of bread and some meat. Arriving at the bridge, he sets himself up to the side of the road, where he can observe peoples' comings and goings. Munching idly on his food while he watches, he waits for dusk.

WarBrute
2010-05-11, 06:02 PM
Karash

Karash smiles running a finger along a long scar in the right side of his neck. "It is honor to meet you too, Graz Thrunderfist. It true. My tribe is much smaller than before the wars. I have heard tales of our warriors fighting 'long side the dwarfs. Though none of them remain, us of Orc and human blood not being as long lived as your race..." He looks off in to the distance a finger on a tooth that jutted from his lower jaw. "I'm first of my of tribe to come to the valley after the war. Many think us gone, but I'm here to show the world that the Krygar-Winamus tribe still lives!" He sits proudly as he says these words

reason
2010-05-11, 09:57 PM
Khressik

The big knight nods his head in understanding at the clerics words. "Thank you for your council, holy one. I will keep your words in mind when I deal with Razr."
He spends the rest of the day affering to assist in the church duties, taking a break around midday for a light meal and some training with his weapons.

As the afternoon wears on, he gathers his gear and heads towards the mages tower, having gotten directions from Grundelmar. Walking through the streets he surveys the motley assortment of people who call this place home. At one point his eyes widen a little in surprise at the sight of a goblin sitting non chalantly on the stonework near the road. Lookin gfor all the world as if he owned the place.

Khressik smiled to himself and muttered "Wonders never cease." The happy smile faded again as he turned his mind to the clerics words. Kobolds causing the Lord trouble, and evil wizards making sellswords disapear.

Something smelled off in this situation, and Pelors edicts were clear on how evil was to be dealt with. Without mercy.

russdm
2010-05-13, 02:49 PM
So what else were people doing? or should i just move to the meeting with Razr?

Karash

Graz nods to your words.

reason
2010-05-13, 03:15 PM
I'm for moving forwards to the meeting with Razr. From what I'm reading everyone is now heading there

Hafnium
2010-05-13, 04:19 PM
E'neil

Out the tavern window E'niel notices that the sun is starting to approach the horizon. "About time for me to be headed out" he says. Then, standing up slightly unsteadily, he bows to his hosts and thanks them for their generosity. As he leaves he thinks to himself that maybe he should have refused that fifth round of drinks. Then again it would look awfully ungrateful.

Whistling a tune as he walks he heads out to the tower, and to this Razr character.

E'neil has just been in the tavern all day. Ready to move on to the meeting with Razr whenever.

russdm
2010-05-13, 04:27 PM
It becomes time for you to visit Razr. You walk up to the Septarch's Tower and ring the doorbell/doorgong. The door opens and a nicely dressed halfling gestures for you to follow him.

You do and he leads you to a large room with a fireplace at one end with several chairs by it. He directs you to the chairs, motioning you to sit down.

Standing before the fireplace as you get close, you see a Tiefling dressed in black robes with red magical runes. He studies each of you turn.

Shular
2010-05-13, 05:31 PM
Brin

Brin stares at the tiefling nervously. He's obviously uncomfortable with his surroundings, as evidenced by his constant shifting in his seat. Occasionally his eyes will dart elsewhere, as if trying to get a feel for the room.

Brin will make a perception check (+8) to examine his surroundings. His insight is only +3, but he still try to determine the level of honesty he's dealing with (once the tiefling starts speaking). Growing up in a Thieve's Guild has instilled a natural suspicion in him.

Hafnium
2010-05-13, 07:12 PM
E'neil

E'neil sits back in his chair, trying to appear casually relaxed. He gives the tiefling a once over, studying the runes on its robes. After getting a good look he glances over the rest of the room looking for anything of interest magical or otherwise.

E'neil is trying to see if he recognizes the runes the tiefling is wearing. He's also trying to see if there's anything that looks interesting around the room, whatever it may be.

Arcana +7
Perception +4

reason
2010-05-13, 08:12 PM
Khressik

Khressik moved confidently into the room, his armour lending strength to a situation that may prove tense. He too took the opportunity to study those near him, particulalry lloking over the Tiefling who had summoned this group to see him.

Eventually, realising an uncomfortable silence could be gin here, the big knight bows slightly to their guest, as was customary when a knight of his order met someone of an unkown standing.

"Greetings Magus Razr, I am Khressik of Melor. I believe you have summoned me here. May inquire as to why?". He watches the mage carefully, trying to judge him by his responses throughout this discussion. He was unsure of the correct title this man deserved so he again fell back on a general term of respect. Time to find if this mans reputation was deserved or not.

Passive insight is 17, if a roll is needed [roll0]. Diplomacy for first impressions if required [roll1]

WarBrute
2010-05-13, 09:07 PM
Karash

The half-orc bids the Dwarf goodbye and heads towards the imposing tower. He enters the room just as Khressik is introducing himself. He is somewhat taken aback by the number of people in the room, believing this was to be a personal meeting between this Razr person and him about his tribe.

He stands back behind Khressik and looks Razr over. So this is a tiefling He thinks to himself A man with demon blood. He has never seen one of their kind before. His tribe warned him to be on his guard around them.

russdm
2010-05-13, 09:11 PM
OOC
If you are going to look around the room or try to see what the runes on Razr's robes are, then you will need to roll. If you say that you are looking around, then you need to roll.

Khressik, I will take the roll.

Brin, need to roll

E'neil, need to roll

Will send PMs for those who roll well enough...

Hafnium
2010-05-13, 09:20 PM
I've had DMs in the past who'd prefer that all perception and knowledge checks are done secretly, so we're not sure if there's just nothing to see or if we just missed it.

Rolls ahoy

Arcana for the runes on the robe - [roll0]
Perception for looking around - [roll1]
Arcane if there's anything in the room - [roll2]

russdm
2010-05-13, 09:44 PM
I like to have the players roll. It lets everyone see the result and and if there is something to be seen, i usually pass notes over to those players. It keeps suspension, and is less likely to have the player stop to make sure he didn't see anything when rolling behind the screen as it were.

For all of you

The room is decently sized. A table stands off to one side with objects on it of some sort. As the fire in the fireplace is the light source in the room, it is hard to see what else is in the room. It looks well furnished though, the signs of someone that had wealth.

Shular
2010-05-13, 10:10 PM
Brin

Perception: [roll0]

OOC: I honestly believe it's better for the DM to roll perception and insight checks privately for players. If they roll well and you tell them they don't notice anything, they'll know there's nothing to see. If you roll privately and tell them they don't notice anything, they won't know if that's true because they don't know what their roll was. If anything, "behind the screen" rolling is more suspensfull than players rolling. The same goes for skills like stealth and bluff. Players shouldn't know if they've succeeded until they see the ramifications. (If I roll a 1 for my stealth check, and KNOW I rolled a 1, I'll react differently than if I knew I rolled a 20.) But all of that, of course, is just my opinion. :smallbiggrin:

reason
2010-05-14, 04:21 AM
Khressik

So Razr was keeping secrets. Well for now the knight of the Order would keep that information quiet. It was always useful to know when a person was lying and hiding information so you could use it during a negotiation. He stood quietly now, awaiting a response from their host.

Jokes
2010-05-14, 10:18 AM
Tyle

A bright blue flash and a crack of thunder interrupts you for a moment. Now standing in the centre of the room is a blue man, who looks around quickly and settles his eyes in the tiefling. "You there, fiendspawn, where in the hells am I?" He looks down at his chest to notice a dagger sticking from his heart. He frowns, then pulls it out. "Now what did I do to deserve that? At least it wasn't in the back..." The wound heals itself, the Deva's restoration complete. Tyle looks over the dagger, then begins twirling his hand about making sure it is on the right way. "Well, seems I was good enough in my past life for that not to happen."

"I'm sorry, am I interrupting something?"

russdm
2010-05-14, 02:37 PM
I will be rolling for that from now on. I didn't know on hand what the modifiers were. I would like that info in the OOC, along with what languages people speak.

Razr looks a little suprised at the appearence of the new person, then speaks. "We were just begining to discuss employment for these ones, perhaps you are interested in joining them?" Razr says.

Jokes
2010-05-15, 08:12 AM
"Employment?" Tyle looks around again. The assortment of people in the room, plus the tiefling makes it difficult to figure out if he is on the Material or is in fact in the Nine Hells. "If this is what I have been called to do, then I offer my services."

Shular
2010-05-15, 10:44 AM
Brin wonders what he's gotten himself into, when insane spell-casters with daggers in their backs teleport uninvited into private meeting and are offered the same work he's being offered and accept without knowing what it is.

He starts calculating whether he is stealthy enough to escape this asylum unnoticed.

WarBrute
2010-05-15, 02:30 PM
Karash

Karash is utterly bewildered at this point. None of this is making any sense. So he voices his opinion, "None of this is making any damned sense!" He says exasperated. "Excuse me mister Razr, please just tell us why we here!"

elfavalon
2010-05-15, 02:33 PM
suddenly an ithid appears, and forces the wizard to rip out his own spine. Then the ithid sucks on the wizard's brain. Rest of the party is fine.:smallbiggrin:

russdm
2010-05-15, 04:05 PM
OOC: Ignore Elfavalon's post. How do i remove it?

Razr holds his hand up. "Peace. I am interested in the acquirement of a Tome. It was placed inside a crypt. It is the only one in the crypt. I would like you to retrieve it for me. I will pay you well and I will provide a map so you can find the crypt." Razr finishes speaking. He waits to see what you say.

Shular
2010-05-15, 04:52 PM
Brin

Now THIS was more like it. Crypts Brin can do. "Go on," he says encouragingly. "Is de tome de only TING in de crypt, or de only TOME in de crypt? Who's crypt? Presumably it is trapped, otherwise you wouldn't need my skills. Most importantly, what's in it for us?"

reason
2010-05-15, 07:29 PM
Khressik

The appearence of the Deva out of nowhere had Khressik's nerves on edge. He had found his broadsward half out of its scabbard before he had gotten control of his reflexive action.

People were shouting and speaking rapidly now, questions being asked and answered without puase for thought. Taking a deep breath and controlling his own emotions, the big Knight spoke commandingly into the chaos.

"Peace, all of you. Let us take time to get our bearings here before things go too far and we make a pact for something which we know nothing of."

He turns to the new and most surprising arrival. "I have no idea who you are stranger, or what portent you bring in your appearence here. Your manner of arrival, and the implement you now hold have me concerned as to your motives and character. Please enlighten us to why you have appeared here, seemingly uninvited?"

ooc -Happy to hand wave that and assume Tyle explains himslef to everyones satisfaction. His background is great, but could take pages of play time trying roleplay out hehe. - end ooc

After he new arrival finishes his tale, Khressik then turns to the magos who had offered them employment. "Your desperation seems almost palpable friend Razr. Tell us what bits you have left out of your tale. What of teh others you have sent? Those that did not return. I would hear far more of this crypt and this tome before I can pledge my sword to your task."

Jokes
2010-05-15, 10:18 PM
[re: Elfavalon's post: you can ask him to remove it or you can click the little red and white triangle and report his post to a moderator and ask them to remove it. Or we can just ignore it.]

"Presumably." Tyle shows the knight the dagger, "I was killed. I am deva, blessed with an endless cycle of reincarnations, but never with any memories of who I was before."

"Oh, but my name is Tyle. Some things are never lost."

russdm
2010-05-17, 01:52 PM
Razr answers. "It is the only Tome in the crypt. The others who were sent failed that is all. The crypt belonged to a prominent wizard who was buried with his possessions. I need the Tome for further study. I would retrieve it myself, but my involvement in this must remain...secret. There are forces seeking to destroy everything I have spent a lifetime working on. Be wary, servants of Tiamat will also be seeking this Tome. The Tome is of ancient draconic lore that also deals with Arkhosia, the dragon born empire." Razr says. He takes a drink of something that looks like water.

He speaks on. "You may keep anything else you find in the crypt besides the Tome. I will pay you well." He says.

Shular
2010-05-17, 05:53 PM
Brin raises an eyebrow. "Define well."

reason
2010-05-17, 06:54 PM
Khressik

Khressik listens as the tiefling expands on the information prvided to the group. At the mention of the agents of Tiamat his interests piques. He would not allow the agents of that evil deity to gain any vantage if it were in his power. He resolved at that moment to retrieve the book from this place, if only to ensure those evil entities wouldn't obtain it.

The problem was wether this mage was going to be any better.

The knight sighed, better to deal with one problem at a time. Collect this book first, deal with who should be responsible for it later.

"I will work to retrieve this book for. However, like my companion here, I would know what form of compensation we'll be paid. The church here is need of funding to keep rebuilding, and I would add to its foundation."

WarBrute
2010-05-17, 09:50 PM
Karash

The half orc stands forward, "Well, as long as the adventure holds many glorious battles and a search for knowledge then I'm in!" he says his grin exposing his sharp teeth.

russdm
2010-05-18, 12:34 PM
Razr sighs softly then speaks. "I will play you 500 gold pieces each." He says.

Shular
2010-05-18, 12:42 PM
Brin smiles brightly. "Well why didn't you say so in de first place...boss!" He hesitates, then a bit more cautiously, "Wait, crypts are where dey bury dead people, right? We don't need to worry about corpses rising up and wanting to eat our brains, do we? (I like my brains right where dey are.)"

russdm
2010-05-18, 05:59 PM
Razr smiled. "You might have to..." He said.

WarBrute
2010-05-18, 07:45 PM
Karash

"Don't fret" the half-orc says says to the goblin, "I'll put them back where they belong... in the grund!" He flashes his sharp teeth again and pats the pommel of his axe.

russdm
2010-05-18, 08:52 PM
Razr spoke. "So...who is in?" He asks.

Shular
2010-05-18, 11:34 PM
Brin

Brin considers Karash's statement. "Well, technically, dey're already in de ground...we're de ones going to dem."

At Razr's question Brin begins to say something, then pauses, considering a question asked earlier. "I...I guess I'm in, but I'd sure like to know more about WHY de other groups you sent failed, which de shiny human mentioned. You kind of brushed past dat question."

reason
2010-05-19, 01:11 AM
Khressik

"I too shall go. This tome needs to be recovered, both to prevent the evil church of Tiamat, and to stop others dying in its pursuit".

Khressik turns to the goblin and smiles encouragingly "I fear we'll find the answer to that question when we enter this crypt, my friend. However rest assured, while the undead have died before, the half orc is right. We shall destroy them so their spirits find the rest they deserve."

He faces Razr and holds out his hand, "You have my blade in the venture. I shall speak to the High priest of Pelor here in town of our arangement. He shall be in contact with you as the proper form of payment to the church when the this deed is done."

russdm
2010-05-19, 06:01 PM
Razr shrugs. "As you enter the crypt, you should be able to figure out what happened to them. I do not happen to know." He says.

WarBrute
2010-05-19, 09:37 PM
Karash

Karash hits his chest in acknowledgment of the human's words towards him. "I'm sturdy like the evergreen tree! I stand where others have fallen. I do not yield!"

Jokes
2010-05-20, 07:07 AM
Tyle

The deva shrugs. "It's not like I have anything to lose."

reason
2010-05-21, 07:20 PM
Khressik

Khressik responds to the Half Orcs bold statement with a confident grin. "Aye sir, I believe you. I think between the two of us it would be an unwise creature that attempted to harm our little green friend here."
He then again turned his attention to Razr. Now that the group had agreed to the mages plan, all it took was for details on how to find the place and maybe some indication as to its history so they could better prepare. He said as much to the man, hoping to pry more information from the taciturn tiefling.

reason
2010-05-22, 04:42 PM
Khressik

Khressik pondered a moment before elaborating on his qestions.

"I guess the most pressing question at the moment is do you know anything about the defneses the wizard may have left in place and would still be effective?" He scatched his chin in deep though before going on.

"Do you know what types of magics this magus specialised in. Perhaps if we knew the energy forms he preferred to deal with we could prepare some better defenses for this"

"I also think it would be worth knowing if the place has been used for anything since his passing. Are there going to be some newer residents there that aren't going to be impressed with our turning up?" he paused for a second before turing towards the little goblin and adding "apart from the undead of course."

russdm
2010-05-25, 07:39 PM
Razr scratches his chin. "The mage used lightning and fire. There would be magical traps i believe. There have been some signs that goblins have been close by. I don't know if they have broken into the crypt though. As far as i am aware, the crypt has remained the way it was when the wizard was interred. Which one of you wants the map?" He says.

Jokes
2010-05-26, 09:17 AM
"I'll take it for now." Tyle accepts the map. He studies it briefly, to see if it jogs any memories, but it clearly doesn't. He goes to put it in his pocket, but realises he can't. "Uh, anyone know where I can buy some clothes?"

What, you didn't think I meant literally "just a dagger?" :smallamused:

WarBrute
2010-05-26, 11:07 AM
Karash

Karash smiles and scratches the back of his neck. "Sorry brother. I as new here as you. I wudn't know where to get a new set of cloths more than where to get a new sword."

Shular
2010-05-26, 01:05 PM
Brin

"Perhaps I should carry it. I've got some skill at dealing wit underground places. Unless eider of you knows your way around dungeons? If you have some way of detecting magic, dough, dat would be helpful in dealing wit magic traps."

Brin turns towards the mage. "And what do you mean by 'some signs dat goblins have been close by'? Just what are you trying to imply?"

russdm
2010-05-26, 01:10 PM
Razr smiles. "Merely that the other adventurers i had hired reported encountering goblins." He answers. Razr waves his hand through the air. A set of clothing appears by the Deva, with a series of weapons popping into the air beside the Deva as well. "Take your pick." Razr says. (You choose any clothing or weapons)

Jokes
2010-05-26, 09:19 PM
The deva picks the most ornate set of robes he sees and unabashedly puts them on. He waves away the weapons. "This will do." He runs his finger of the blade, which easily slices the skin. He looks at his finger, slowly turning it to keep the blood from falling from the floor. He is lost in thought for a few moments. When he snaps to, he sticks his finger in his mouth and smiles. "Should we be off then?"

WarBrute
2010-05-27, 12:23 AM
Karash

Karash tilts his head to the side, "You are a very strange man, Tyle" he says in a soft tone. He straightens to say "I'm Karash of the Krygar-Winamus tribe and yes I think we should be going."

Shular
2010-05-27, 09:07 AM
Brin

Brin grabs up the map while Tyle is getting dressed. He studies it to look for clues and to get a feel for the layout.

When the others are ready he smiles. "Call me Brin, and I'm ready to go."

Garnuk
2010-06-03, 05:07 PM
Tzel-Kim

"Yes, let us get going. I think we have learned all we can at this point." The sound of the voice came from the direction E'Neil, but it sounded a bit more like the mage Razr.

As you turn to look at E'Neil, you notice he has the same Tiefling charachteristics as Razr as well. As you blink a second time, you can not help but notice that there are now two Razrs in the room, and no E'Neil at all.

After a few moments and lots of blinking, the bard formally known as E'Neil says, "What? Whats everybody staring at?..." After glancing down at his hands you then here a muttered, "Oh Gawd, not again.. ". The look on the imposter mage's face lets you know exactly what he is thinking... "How am I going to explain this, this time."

Garnuk
2010-06-03, 05:11 PM
After some awkward silence, the bard speaks again... "I meant to do that!"

[roll0]

Jokes
2010-06-04, 09:02 AM
Tyle looks confused. He takes his finger out of his mouth and scratches his head, leaving a line of blood on his brow. "A shapeshifter? Or Illusionist? A handy trick."

Garnuk
2010-06-04, 01:56 PM
"I.. I am not sure. But it's more of a curse than a trick. Either way, we can talk more about it on our way to the crypt. The real E'neil was a but suspicious about all this and has gone off to his own adventure elsewhere I believe. You weren't supposed to find out untill long after we were out of the tower." Tzel-Okim says with a concerned look on his face, and hopes the real Razr does not mind seeing his double.

Shular
2010-06-05, 07:54 AM
Brin shakes his head, wondering what kind of oddball group he is a member of. He picks up his bag and moves toward the door, waiting there for the others to follow. "So let's go. I want to get to dat treasure!"

WarBrute
2010-06-07, 08:09 PM
Karash

Karash sighs as more odd things continue to happen among the group and says, "My tribe would call such happenings a bad omen, but I will move forward all the same. The small one is right, let us go to the ruins."

Garnuk
2010-06-07, 10:17 PM
Tzel-Okim

His nose becoming more flat, and his skin gaining a green tint, Tzel says, "Nothing odd or strange is happening brudders. We just need to get a move on."

And with that, Tzel starts to lumber out of the room towards the entrance to the tower, turning his head to wink at his companions.

Jokes
2010-06-07, 10:52 PM
Tyle follows behind the Doppelganger. "Ooh, do me next, I want to see if I look different this time around." He stops and pauses. "No, wait, I don't remember what I looked like before..."

russdm
2010-06-09, 05:25 PM
(Moving things along)

You leave the tower and head over across the river to go find the crypt. After leaving town, you travel for an hour into the brush before finding a squat stone building. The doors for the building are lying on the ground. Inside the building are stairs leading down.

Its is approx 7:30pm ingame time. The sun is slowly setting.

Garnuk
2010-06-09, 05:44 PM
Tzel-Okim

Changing his form into that of an overly large man with a very small head, and limbs as hairy as a hoarydwarf, Tzel says to the group, "I-I uh th-th-think we should g-go down the stairs and camp-p for the nigh."

russdm
2010-06-10, 01:24 PM
The Wyrm Red Dragon tells you that this is a nice place to sleep.

So, is the party camping or exploring or what exactly?

WarBrute
2010-06-10, 09:25 PM
Karash

"The night is yet young" The half-orc says looking towards the skies. "And it's going to be dark in there no matter whether the sun or the moon hangs in the sky. I say we move forward."

Garnuk
2010-06-10, 09:29 PM
Looking around at his companions with a blank look on his face, Tzel says quietly, "A-After yous, I be right behind ya!"

Shular
2010-06-10, 09:41 PM
Brin

Brin looks at the others. "It seems kind of foolish to enter after we've been awake all day. I tink it would be better to rest here tonight, den head in first ting in the morning. If we take watches we should be safe enough. Plus, dere might be bad tings in dere dat don't like daytime. If we have to run away, I'd radder it be towards somting de bad guys don't like."

WarBrute
2010-06-10, 09:53 PM
Karash

The half-orc shrugs and drops his pack to the ground with a bit of thud. "Seems that I'm being overruled, then. We can camp here." He unrolls a bed roll all the while muttering something about running away.

Jokes
2010-06-10, 10:27 PM
Before leaving town, Tyle grabs a few things from the marketplace.

I figure I should at least have the basics. I also can't figure out how to get 100gp worth of stuff without actually having 100gp :smallwink: Short of stealing, anyway. So presume he can convince storekeeper he will pay them back, or Razr will pay the tab.

"Ah, yes, let's camp under the stars, maybe for the last time." He smiles, and it would be somewhat comforting if it wasn't coming from an immortal.

Koboldshroud
2010-06-11, 08:43 AM
Klagaar had heard that a Tiefling was hiring people to do -something- in a crypt somewhere out side of the town of Fallcrest. In her mind, Teifling an crypt did not go well together, and so she quickly left the town and made tracks to the nearest crypt she knew of. She made her way through the bush until she came out to the Building, seeing the adventurers she gets a fright and involuntarily yelps. She draws her weapons and takes a defensive stance.

And just what are you folksss doing here?
She says her sentance in an aggressive tone

Im just going to assume she knows where she needs to go to move the game abit faster. if this is a problem i will edit the post :)

WarBrute
2010-06-11, 11:53 AM
Karash

Karash quickly maneuvers himself so he stands between his allies and the newcomer. "Camping." He says roughly his eyes narrowed. "What is it to you."

Shular
2010-06-11, 10:19 PM
Brin

The sound of the heavily armored dragonborn stomping through the bushes warned Brin before the warrior appeared to threaten them with her weapons, and so he'd had time to pull out his dagger and conceal it in the palm of his hand, the blade resting lightly against his wrist.

He starts shifting to the side, in case combat breaks out, but is hoping that can be avoided. He nods at Karash's words. "Yeah," he says, "as far as I know we're not breaking any laws. On the udder hand, approaching strangers with weapons drawn is a good way to get yourself locked up...or worse."

Koboldshroud
2010-06-13, 02:13 AM
"Lawsss of ssociety ssay nozzing againssst attacking cryptssz? Ziss sshe doess find surprisssing! But even if it isss not a law of sssociety, it isss certainly a law of principle, raiding zat which belongsss to zeh dead!

Shular
2010-06-13, 12:47 PM
Brin

Brin smiles. "Ah, but we haven't attacked any crypts. Dis just looked like a pleasant place to make camp. But, in any case, dis is an EEEVVILLL crypt, with all sorts of monsters in it dat will eat babies and take merchandise from local shopkeepers widout paying. But, in any case, OFFICER, perhaps you could show us your badge."

Koboldshroud
2010-06-13, 02:53 PM
"Huzzah! Badgess have nozzing to do wiz authority and law. Alzo, people who "camp" outssside cryptss, attack cryptss.
But evil you zay?.. Where do you here sssuch zingss? Wait.. are you zeh peoplessz zeh Tiefling hired?"

She seems to have lost her defensive stance and his holding her weapons loosly, as if they are forgotten.

Garnuk
2010-06-13, 11:07 PM
"Sh-should, we smashes its?" Tzel says to his companions?

bluff check for silently winking at his companions, indicating he is enjoying this act a bit too much
[roll0]

WarBrute
2010-06-13, 11:23 PM
Karash

Karash grunts at the sound of his companions imitation. He looks to the dragonborn. "Yes ,we're employed by a Tiefling. We're here to put the dead back in deh grund and collect a book. But enough talk. If you're here to slay us what is stopping you?" The half-orc hits his axe against his own shield causing a load thud.

Jokes
2010-06-13, 11:52 PM
Tyle sits crosslegged on his sleeping mat, munching on some rations, watching the 'show.'

Garnuk
2010-06-14, 01:30 AM
encouraged by the Deva, Tzel continues, "W-we do big fights! Nn-ew p-person, you go to crypt and smash good. We f-f-follow." Taking a break from thinking so much, the large brute pauses, waits a few moments and then continues. "I-if-f yous st-t-ill alive, we not hurr-t yous."

Tzel then changes again into the form of a cheerfull half-elf and says, "I'm just teasing. Come sit and tell us who you are, and what you have been up to. It should make for a good story and some good material! We have a lot ahead of us in the morning"

Koboldshroud
2010-06-14, 02:31 AM
The dragon born suddenly looks confused. She looks elft and right with a look of incomprehension on her face.
wh-where did you come from half-elf? you wasss not zere a sssecond ago...
She shakes her head as if disspelling an evil though. She then nods her head towards the half-orc
What do you mean, put the dead back in the ground? they have been... "defiled"?
She says the word defiled with a hint of disgust in her voice.

I not rolling to see if she saw him winking because it wouldn't change what she does:smallsmile:

WarBrute
2010-06-14, 09:05 AM
Karash

"The Tiefling suggested there may be Shamble-men down there. That and along with goblins and people serving the goddess Tiamat." Karash answers.

Koboldshroud
2010-06-14, 12:28 PM
Tiama- Ehem
She quickly puts away her weapon and shield. She then bows in a hopeful form of appology
[
I wasss not aware zat ssservantsss of zeh foul one wass down zere, inssstead of troubling you, alow me to help you in crussshing zem.

She then retains her full posture.

Garnuk
2010-06-14, 12:46 PM
"Where did I come from? I've been here the whole time.." Tzel then looks down at his hands and says, "Oh... not again!". Tzel then runs off to where the others are sitting and lets out a flustered... "why didn't you tell me!?" before sitting silently and getting ready to rest. "Wake me if you need me to be on the lookout.", he says at last.

WarBrute
2010-06-14, 02:05 PM
Karash

"Well that's sorted out we can rest for the night." Karash says lowering his shield. "I can stay up first to watch things... Also you have failed to introduce yourself Newcomer. I am Karash of the Krygar-Winamus tribe"

Koboldshroud
2010-06-14, 02:10 PM
The dragon born bows her head slightly
I am Klagaar Skagrin, and wake me sssecond, i will take watch zen.
She gave him a small false smile and went to sit a small distance off from the others, thinking of her beloved, destroyed, city.

Shular
2010-06-15, 03:08 PM
Brin

Brin sheaths his dagger as subtly as he drew it. He bows to the newcomer. "Call me Brin. We can continue our discussion on de finer points of lawkeeping anudder day. For now, welcome to our merry band."

WarBrute
2010-06-15, 04:13 PM
Karash

"Okay then" Karash says turning to face his group of companions. "I'll stand watch first. Then I'll wake Klagaar. Then New comer will wake Brin after a little over an hour. Brin, you then can wake Tzel after your watch and Tzel wake Tyle up for the last watch." He says pointing to each of them as he says each of their names.

Shular
2010-06-16, 08:51 PM
Brin

"Works for me! Wake me up when it's my turn." With that, Brin plops down on his bedroll, and promptly falls asleep.

russdm
2010-06-17, 02:45 PM
Karash

You take your place whereever you are going to and stand watch. You hear your comrades sleeping. You hear the sounds of animals doing things. You hear the wind blow.

Your watch passes uneventfully, nothing happens. You awaken Klagaar to take her watch. Then you go sleep.

Klagaar

You stand watch. You hear your comrades sleeping, the wind blowing, and animals settling down for night as well. Your watch passes eventfully and nothing happens. You awaken Brin to take his watch, then go to sleep.

Brin

You hear your comrades sleeping, and the wind blowing. You start hearing whispers around you as well as the sounds of great battle. You don't see anything however.

Looking to your left, you see a figure sitting by the fire. It is a black robed old man. When he notices that you have seen him, he stands and walks over to you. You find that you cannot speak for some reason.

The old man speaks to you. "Leave this place, mortal! Do not dare disturb the dead. You don't know the powers that you are tampering with! Leave this place!" He says strongly. He places a gnarled hand onto your shoulder.

You are thrown across the clearing by the cold energy that rips through your body. You see the old man vanish before everything goes dark.

Everyone else

You jerk awake at the sound of Brin screaming. The goblin is across the clearing from he was sleeping. He appears to be unconscious.

Koboldshroud
2010-06-17, 05:44 PM
This is what we get for camping out side a crypt! Why did i ever come here.
Klagaar is looking and feeling very paranoid. Before she goes to the goblin she packs up her weapons and equipment and puts on her armor.
Why do i get the feeling we are about to hack something up?

Garnuk
2010-06-17, 07:58 PM
"Don't be so dramatic! That's my job.", Tzel says.
"Lets spread out and see what caught our goblin guard sleeping."

WarBrute
2010-06-17, 10:07 PM
Karash

"Brin!" The half-orc yells bounding over to where the goblin lays. He kneels down to inspect him for wounds. "Are you injured?" He asks.

Shular
2010-06-19, 09:16 PM
Brin

Brin does not respond Karash...being unconcious and all.

Jokes
2010-06-19, 10:31 PM
Tyle wakes up and stretches while yawning. He looks around curiously at people running around the camp. He stands up and walks over to Karash. He prods Brin with the point of his foot. He shakes his head and 'tsks'. "Falling asleep on watch... Probably half drunk too."

WarBrute
2010-06-20, 07:29 PM
Karash

Karash shoots a look up at Tyle then looks back at the unconsciousness goblin. "No one I know screams in their sleep. Though you valley-folk are a bit odd." Still down on a kneel Karash looks around at his surroundings. "Plus when my tribe mates indulge in drink they leave behind clues of their act. I see none here."

Garnuk
2010-06-20, 09:47 PM
Tzel
"Well, we should wake him and see what he has to say for himself. Who wants to join me and do a search around the camp in case something is still out there?"

russdm
2010-06-23, 07:23 PM
You all hear several long screams. Then everything is quiet and you just hear the regular night noises. Brin seems to coming around and he shakes his head groggily.

Those who wish to search, make a perception check.

Garnuk
2010-06-23, 07:36 PM
"Thaaat doesn't soun' gud", said the zombie standing where Tzel used to be.

[roll0]

WarBrute
2010-06-23, 08:25 PM
Karash

"By my Ancestors..." Karash says staring into the dark. He sets his face and pulls his massive shield in front of him. "If anything attacks stay behind me"

WarBrute
2010-06-23, 08:27 PM
Forgot my perception check :smallsigh:

[roll0]

I also have Low-light vision if that helps at all.

russdm
2010-06-23, 10:34 PM
You don't find anything. You notice the footprints by the fire though.

Shular
2010-06-24, 07:23 AM
Brin

Brin shakes his head, still groggy from the ordeal. "Unh...old man in black...said we should leave...some kind of mind power...couldn't move or respond...so cold." Shakingly he grabs for his water skin and takes a couple swallows. A bit more settled, he describes what happened.

"I don't know what he was," Brin finishes, "but as soon as I saw him I was paralyzed, couldn't react or shout a warning or respond in any way. Don't care...I'll find a way to make de bastard pay."

Garnuk
2010-06-24, 11:02 AM
"Blaaargh, let go in. Nobody paralyzessessess our watchguards!" mumbles the shambling zombie...

WarBrute
2010-06-24, 01:33 PM
Karash

"It's lucky your clothes don't change along with you Tzel. Otherwise you would be headless right now." He turns to Brin and says, "A man who would attack unprovoked sounds no gud to me. I don't aim to be pushed arund by such a man."

Garnuk
2010-06-24, 01:55 PM
"awwwghhh, you no like zombie Tzel?", Tzel asks as he slowly shambles his way into the crypt. "I'll blend right in!", he says with a wink.

russdm
2010-06-24, 05:11 PM
So? What do you do?

Koboldshroud
2010-06-24, 06:37 PM
Klagaar looks o the talkong zombie and says it
// Talking zzzombie? sss

She shakes her head.
Sszo what? we go in? or no?

Garnuk
2010-06-24, 07:45 PM
"Hopefully you can move faster than a shambling zombie, and you will make it into the crypt before me... erm I mean... Fooouuuuud" Tzel says to his companions as he continues to shuffle towards the crypt entrance.

WarBrute
2010-06-24, 08:56 PM
Karash

"Well, there doesn't seem like we can do much now besides head into the crypt."

Shular
2010-06-25, 12:46 PM
Brin

Having shaken the last of the cobwebs from his head, Brin stands up and collects his gear. "No way I'm getting any more sleep tonight. If we're going into a haunted crypt at night, den we might as well be about it."

Slinging his pack on his back, he draws his dagger, and moves to stand near the entrance, staring into the darkness.

While waiting for the others, spot and listen checks for the crypt. Perception Skill +8

Jokes
2010-06-25, 12:53 PM
Tyle sighs. "I guess I won't get to see my first new dawn..." He follows into the crypt.

WarBrute
2010-06-25, 01:12 PM
Karash

The half-orc tilts his head to the side gives Tyle a sympathetic look, "Tis odd not to have seen your first dawn." He straightens and continues, "Then use this as your motivation and inspiration. When you feel hopeless, when you have fooght with all your might or when you are from an inch from death, think of the sunrise. Push on knowing you cannot stop nor rest until you see the sun in all it's glory rise over those mountains and hang above this beautiful vale" He waves his axe in arc above his head.

Garnuk
2010-06-25, 04:09 PM
"Hoooah... Sorry I can not tun myself into a sunrise, but if you want, I can turn myself into a bloody mary.." Tzel says, as his zombie physique turns girlish and full of lacerations.

russdm
2010-06-29, 03:31 PM
(So what is the party order entering the crypt? what letters do you want to represent you?)

Garnuk
2010-06-29, 07:05 PM
Ignore me!

russdm
2010-07-01, 04:29 PM
http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q436/russdm/Shadowcryptcopy.jpg

Shular
2010-07-02, 01:26 PM
(What is the X?)

Koboldshroud
2010-07-02, 04:56 PM
(i am the X, check OOC thread)

Klagaar moves slowely down the stairs, Stopping at the bottom of the second flight.

Shular
2010-07-03, 09:19 AM
Brin

Having spotted no initial trasps, Brin moves alongside Klagaar, peering around carefully. At the bottom of the stairs he'll again examine the floor for traps.

((Again, Perception +8))

russdm
2010-07-14, 06:55 PM
You don't find any traps, and there are torches lighting the room you have entered. You don't see anything inside though.

(Will get map posted up soon)

russdm
2010-07-15, 03:17 PM
http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q436/russdm/Shadowcryptcopy-1.jpg

Garnuk
2010-07-15, 06:25 PM
"Whats the rule... always turn right?" Tzel says with a glimmer in his eye.

WarBrute
2010-07-15, 08:52 PM
Karash

Karash shrugs. "Well, we're lookin for a book right? We'll just have to explore each room till we find it." He strides into the room. "So, right hallway first?"

Shular
2010-07-16, 12:13 AM
Brin

Brin shrugs. "Right's as good as any," he says quietly, "but I tink de rule is to stay to de left...dat way de wall's on your left side and your weapon hand is free."

He sighs quietly as Karash, not so stealthily, strides into the room. At least if anything is there, he thinks to himself, they're more likely to attack him. He, himself, moves more stealthily, moving along adjacent to the wall on his right, until he reaches the double door.

Stealth skill: +14 for moving quietly (apparently there is nothing to hide behind or that provides concealment)

russdm
2010-07-22, 05:36 PM
(I will post up the map)

Karash and Brin enter the room. When Brin gets close to the double doors to the east/right of the stairs, something bursts out of the pool and attacks!!!

Monster's Initiative, [roll0]

(I need to finish making my monster. I believe that its initiative modifier is correct)

Map:

http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q436/russdm/Shadowcryptcopy-2.jpg

Shular
2010-07-23, 08:21 AM
Brin

"Gah!"

Initiative: 1d20+5

Shular
2010-07-23, 08:23 AM
Ooops. Forgot the "/". Editing didn't work.
Initiative: [roll0]

Jokes
2010-07-23, 09:47 AM
Tyle

"Gah, indeed!"

[roll0]

WarBrute
2010-07-26, 12:09 PM
Karash

"What is that!"

Initiative- [roll0]

Garnuk