PDA

View Full Version : Deadworld

Pages : [1] 2

Fouredged Sword
2010-05-09, 06:41 PM
The Farm has been tense for the last few days. Everyone has gone about thier chores and training normally, but it's the elders that seem... distracted. It's like they are having an argument that knowbody knows what it's about.

DC 10 Sense Motive
Paul and Shana seem to be trying to convince Simon of something
DC 15 Sense Motive
The elders are arguing about something big. They have been looking at you and a few other of the children closely, especially those who have been showing a lot of talent in training. Paul and Shana have been doing the most looking, Simon seems to almost be afraid to look. Raz-ja looks... curious.

It went on for several days... Finally the silent argument built up until the air was thick with tension. Then something changed.

DC 15 sense motive
The argument ended, nobody won. Paul, Shana, and Raz-ja look worried, Simon looks terrified.
DC 20 Spot
One of the posts of the fence has started to rot at the base, just a little, but it will spread

Then, when the assignments for the day were being doled out, Shana, the elder normaly in charge of the schedule, called the five of you out and told you to gather your gear and go to the church right away.

Each of you dawns your armor and takes up your spears, slings, bows, and clubs you had used in training so many times before and headed up the hill to where the elders sat and planed each day before the midday service to Palor. The five of you stand before the doors to the church, armed as much as you have ever been. You see the others, people you have grown up with as close as brothers, with all the rivalry and comradeship that can entail, armed to fight as well. Something is about to change, something epic. Before you stands the church doors. Everything is quiet. You each take one look at the others, then look forward to the massive oak doors. Your future awaits.

DC 15 listen
the church really is silent. Normally you would be able to hear muffled noise through the door. Whatever the elders are doing in there, they aren't talking

Ilriyn
2010-05-09, 08:47 PM
First sense motive:
[roll0]

Second sense motive:
[roll1]

Spot:
[roll2]

Listen:
[roll3]

senrath
2010-05-09, 08:50 PM
Sense Motive 1:[roll0]
Sense Motive 2:[roll1]
Spot:[roll2]
Listen:[roll3]

Jallorn
2010-05-09, 09:25 PM
Sense Motive 1: [roll0]
Sense Motive 2: [roll1]
Spot: [roll2]
Listen: [roll3]

Duskranger
2010-05-10, 01:05 AM

Sense Motive 3 [roll2]
Spot 1: [roll3]

Listen 1: [roll4]

Edit: Would've enjoyed switching sense motive 1 with 2 :smallbiggrin:. Anyhow, sense motive 1 and listen are available for me.

Critical
2010-05-10, 07:09 AM
Rolls:
Sense Motive 3: [roll2]
Spot: [roll3]
Listen: [roll4]

EPIC FAIL! xD

Fouredged Sword
2010-05-10, 09:36 AM
I was trying to have the first two sense motive checks be one check with two success levels. In the future if I have two of the same check like that, roll once and open up all of the boxes you roll over. I will mark a new check with "new check" before the DC. For now take the highest of the two rolls you all made. Not that inportant at this point.

Ok, now roleplay. You stand before the door, waiting for someone to open it.

Jallorn
2010-05-10, 09:58 AM
Something is wrong, the elders are very agitated, Aral mirrors the elder's worry as he speaks.

senrath
2010-05-10, 11:32 AM
"Perhaps it has something to do with the fence starting to rot." Blythe said, as he glanced out towards said fence.

Duskranger
2010-05-10, 11:37 AM
"I need them because one of the sheep got sick. Do you think now is a good time to ask them. I mean it's so quiet at the moment. Should we go in?"Ivario reaches for the doorknob with more than a little bit of hesitation.

Ilriyn
2010-05-10, 01:03 PM
Kaylee looks as if she is lost in some other thought, but upon the others beginning to speak, she looks around and says: "We might as well go in, they called us here for a reason." And she tentatively opens one of the massive oak doors.

Duskranger
2010-05-10, 01:06 PM
Ivario pulls open the second. He thinks that if one of them is open anyway, opening the second won't be a problem. Still slightly hesitating he walks inside.

Jallorn
2010-05-10, 01:07 PM
Well there's no sense in being timid about it, Aral says as he pushes through and throws the door wide open.

Fouredged Sword
2010-05-10, 02:01 PM
The massive door swing open with ease. Before the alter stand the elders. Paul and Shana look stern, but proud. Raz-ja looks deep in thought. Simon is worrying his hands. They all are looking expectantly at the door.

They all look up as the door opens. Paul motions for the five of you to come closer.

Paul stands taller today than ever before. The stoop in his back he has had all your lives is gone. For the first time you can see the massive warrior he was before he lost his leg. In each hand he holds a Masterfully crafted Greatsword, lightly supporting his massive torso upright. Keyleen and Blythe recognize the blades as the swords of your respective fathers. Paul has held them for all of these years telling you, "Practice with your fathers old sword, save his legacy until the day you truly can wield it"

Shana looks fierce, like a falcon. In her one arm stands a beautiful longbow. You have never seen this bow before. She is looking directly at Aral. In your years of being trained by Shana she has never shown you this bow, having you practice with a bow she made for you.

Raz-ja motions in towards the group. "Aeon, come here. I have something for you. Come here where I can see you." he calls in his normal absent mindedness. Despite that you hear a tinge of worry in his voice. He fingers the straps of a case he has slung on his shoulder

Simon stands off to the side of the others. He holds a case of something, inscribed with the symbol of Palor. He looks furtively at Ivario, as if he doesn't want to face what is to come.

Jallorn
2010-05-10, 02:21 PM
Aral approaches Shana, bowing his head slightly in respect as he waits for her to speak.

senrath
2010-05-10, 02:51 PM
Awed by the image of Paul as he once was, Blythe bowed his head as he approached the old warrior. It had to be something of grave importance for Paul to have brought out the blade of Blythe's father. And so, he held his tongue, waiting for the elder to speak.

Critical
2010-05-10, 03:02 PM
"Yes, teacher." - Aeon says, approaching the old man without hiding his curiosity, after all, the old man was blind. Unlike the others, he, for some reason, didn't bow. Perhaps, the reason was the old man's blindness, but who knows?

Fouredged Sword
2010-05-10, 05:08 PM
As you all start to approach the elders there is a brief moment that the elders all trade a set of glances. Shana glares at Simon, Simon cringes and looks at Paul. Paul looks apologetically at Simon and turns to address the five of you.

"Alright then, lets let the cat out of the bag shal we?" Speaks Paul. "The fence is failing and, as we are, we are all going to die. We cannot hope to hold the force that destroyed everywhere with sticks and stones. The only people we have who have any experience really fighting are me and Shana, and both of us are crippled. Raz-ja is blind, and Simon is an old cleric who never left the church in all his years. None of us are in any shape to hope to survive out there."

there is a pause as all of the elders take a breath.

Shana breaks the silence. "There is hope. I pushed for training you lot from the start. It's time to do what I wanted to do for the last two years."

Paul waves his hand to quiet her. "We need you to go out into the city and bring back some coal." Paul continues calmly "If we can get some coal I can get the forge working again. Then we can get swords and axes into every hand and a breastplate on every back. If we can do that we may have a chance."

He lets that sink in for a second. "There is a cart of coal not five streets from the edge of the fence. Luckily the fires that got set during the siege of the fort didn't go past the trade road, bless those wide cobblestones, so it should still be there. I have spent the past ten years trying to find a way to go out there and get it myself, but there are just to many undead."

"It's sitting in the storage area of my old friend Fredric's forge. It's a heavy wagon, around 500lbs. It should hold around 1000lbs of coal. That's heavy, but two or three of you should be able to push the thing back. The problem is the undead."

Shana breaks in "See, if we had started sending them out in groups to fight and come back they would have experience in this by now, we could have had the coal last year!"

Simon speaks up with anger "I would not have you sending out children into a city full of undead to die! Not ever!"

Raz-ja cuts in coldly. "They are not children any more, besides we have little choice now. we may have been right to wait, or maybe not, we cannot change that now." He turns to Aeon. "Listen child.. No Listen Aeon, you are a wizard now, not an apprentice. One with more talent than I ever had. Here is a chance to go out and see what lies beyond. Just.. watch yourself, and don't become overconfident. You count on talent far to much. Take this." He hands you the case he was holding. "Here are some scrolls to help you. You always did fail to attend me talking of divination. I for one know the necessity of sight."

Aeon gains a scroll case with 10 scrolls
-Detect Secret Doors X2
-Comprehend Languages X2
-Detect Undead X2
-True Strike X2
-Mount X 2

Shana looks back to Aral. She shrugs gruffly. "Here" she hands you the bow "This was my bow back from when I could fight. Take it, you will need it. Break it and I'll break your skull got it?" She raises her hand and wipes something away from her eye. She looks away mumbling about dust.

Aral gets a Masterwork Composite Longbow (+2 Str mod)

Paul looks to Blythe and Keyleen and holds out the handles of the greatswords he carries. Expertly carved on the base of the blades are carved the name "Eltidas" on one and "Marken" on the other. "Here you are then" He speaks proudly. "I knew your fathers, they would be proud of how the two of you have grown. Take their swords and put them to good use, let them be the gift your parents' always intended them to be."

Blythe and Keyleen both get their fathers' swords, two Masterwork Greatswords.
Lastly Simon walks over to Ivario. "Here" he hands you the pouch. "This is the last of the holy water in the church. I can't make any more without some silver to bless. Find me some and I will make more. This should help you when you face the undead. This is all I can do for now, but return if you get injured. May Palor go with you."

Ivario gains 10 flasks of holy water.

After the brief exchange between the elders and their students Paul once again speaks.

"Take today and prepare. Others have been set with your duties, and will from now on. You have more important tasks ahead of you. Tomorrow You cross the fence. Our hopes and prayers cross with you."

Jallorn
2010-05-10, 05:40 PM
Simon, would you wed myself and Thia today, in case I should not return?

Fouredged Sword
2010-05-10, 05:43 PM
Simon looks a bit suprised. "Yes" he stammers. "Yes of course. I haven't done a wedding in years."

Jallorn
2010-05-10, 05:45 PM
Thank you sir, she is with child and we do not wish our child to be born a bastard. I will go and tell her the good news... and the bad, Aral leaves and looks for Thia to that very thing.

Fouredged Sword
2010-05-10, 05:53 PM
Simon sputters as you leave. "Pregnant!"

Shana scoffs "Kids these days. Oh, well, can't watch them all of the time. It explains why you pulled her out of sparing though doesn't it Paul?"

Simon looks shocked at Paul. "You knew! And no one told me!"

Paul shrugs. "boy's will be boy's, and so will girls. Besides, few enough of us as is. It won't do if we survive just to die out. People must be people, baby making and all."

senrath
2010-05-10, 07:16 PM
Blythe took his father's sword with a nod and a bow. "I hope to make both you and my father proud."

Fouredged Sword
2010-05-10, 07:26 PM
Paul places his big hand on your sholder and smiles. "You will lad, you all will. Just try not to get eaten while you fetch that coal, ya hear. I want that head of yar's in one piece tommorow night."

Ilriyn
2010-05-10, 09:49 PM
Kaylee slowly walks up to Paul, awed by his changed appearance. She reverently took her father's sword from him and cradled it in her arms. "Thank you.. Very much" was all she managed to say.

She stepped back, still cradling the sword, inspecting it's every nook and cranny. As she waits to be dismissed, she can't help but smile at Simon's dumbfounded response to Aral's revelation. "I thought almost everyone knew about that", she thinks.

Duskranger
2010-05-11, 01:16 AM
I can not take that Simon, keep the bottles. I will only, if you want to give that to me at least, your blessing. I will try to come back in one piece and than give you the materials. You need any means you have to defend yourself against the hordes. But what about the herd? Ivario pushes the box back to Simon. Than he looks at the rest.

Let's hope that Aral doesn't have any hard feelings about the time I let one of my friends chase them out of the bushes while he was wooing Thia. I never saw a person by the way run that fast without any pants. And all that just because a wolf came sniffing around. Ivario smiles.

Fouredged Sword
2010-05-11, 09:30 AM
Paul gives off a chuckle. "Simon grew up in a monastery. He never really... dealt with girls much. But, what are you lot waiting around for. Keylee, be off with you. Go, see your friends, take the day off, prepare for tomorrow, but be off with you, no use hanging around here with old men."

Simon looks embarrassed, but composes himself and preforms a formal blessing of Palor over Ivario. "May you walk in the sun child." he concludes. He then looks at Ivario and smiles brightly. "You shal be in my prayers, all of you." He then turns to Keyleen, and hands her the pouch. "Then you take these, they do no good sitting behind the fence, take them and do some good with the power of Palor."

Critical
2010-05-11, 10:11 AM
Aeon accepted the case, and observed it, looking slightly dissapointed. "How about your spellbook, master? With all due respect, I think you won't need it... soon."

Fouredged Sword
2010-05-11, 10:40 AM
Raz-ja fumbles in his robes for a time and pulls out a old leather bound tome. "Here," he says. "Learn what you will from the book tonight. Prepare any spells you think will help you, but I will need this back in the morning, I have one last trick up my sleeves to aid you. Tomorrow, after you have memorized what you want bring the book back here, I will be meditating in my room. It is unfortunate that we lack any gem dust to scribe a copy of it for you to keep. If you find any gems, do bring them back. The index is on the first page."

Aeon gain Raz-ja's spellbook.

Index -
Lvl 1 - Magic Missile, Grease, Shield, Comprehend Languges, Mage Armor, Unseen Servent, Floating Disk, Identify, Detect Undead, Detect Secret Doors, True Strike, Mount
Lvl 2 - Locate Object, Continual Flame, Whispering Wind, Arcane Lock,
Lvl 3 - Arcane Sight, Tounges

Ilriyn
2010-05-11, 10:53 AM
Kaylee accepts the pouch from Simon as she chuckles at Paul's comment. She thanks the elders again, then brightly runs out of the church to bid her friends farewell.

Critical
2010-05-11, 11:02 AM
Aeon studies the spellbook, and replies: "I think I will use this day to copy Identify spell into my spellbook, who knows what kind of stuff is going on up there. Thank you, master. One last thing, if you have a pearls needed for the spell - give them to us in the morning, they could come very handy." With that, Aeon swiftly went into Raz-Ja's room to copy the spell.

I assumed, Raz-Ja has a room and components for inscribing a spell. Copying Identify from Raz-Ja's to Aeon's spellbook, spellcraft check to be made at the end of the day.

Duskranger
2010-05-11, 11:36 AM
I will say my farewells to everyone here and will pet the animals. Who will take care of them while I'm away from here if I may ask? Ivario asks while looking a little bit thoughtfull.

Fouredged Sword
2010-05-11, 11:39 AM
Out of Character - You know this already
There are only components for the 100gp per page cost of copying a spell worth one page, so you can copy Identify, but to copy any more spells you need more components. This is in the form of gem dust, and can be made from any gems you find while adventuring. The cost of enchanting an item you make yourself must also be paid in gems, as they have a connection to arcane magic in this setting.

Also to prevent the craziness of finding spell components everywhere in a world with little or no shops, all material components for spells are in the form of gems of equivalent value, ie Identify takes gems worth 100gp, and thus is on the standard loot tables.

Gold, silver, and platinum act the same for Divine magic. Coins have a use when there is no shops. Also both gems and coins now have intrinsic value, so are more likely to be used as currency everywhere

Aeon takes 10 on the check and succeed.

Shana looks to Ivario, "Donald will look after the herd. He is good with a sling and has the makeings of a gleaner about him. Don't worry to much, the farm can get by while you are away."

Duskranger
2010-05-11, 11:51 AM
It's not that I am afraid that the herd will die out, but there are more than only Donald who I would trust with the herd. It was more out of interest than out of fear. Even though I will be sad that they will be without me for a while. I will go now. How late shall we leave. Ivario asks the persons that are still in the room.

Fouredged Sword
2010-05-11, 12:21 PM
Shana speaks with the sound of experience. "Best to leave not long after dawn. That way you have the longest time until dark, if you get cut off from the Farm, it may take some time for you to circle around a group of enemies to large to fight.”

Duskranger
2010-05-11, 12:25 PM
Ivario smiles, and starts to say something but than rethinks and keeps silent. He waves and walks out of the door in the direction of the herd.

Fouredged Sword
2010-05-11, 01:57 PM
Paul looks to Blythe, the last remaining one of the group. "Anything you need doing before tomorrow lad?"

senrath
2010-05-11, 05:18 PM
"No. I am ready." Blythe said, as he hefted his father's greatsword, testing its weight. It was heavier than the weapon he had been using, but it was also much better balanced, and was in much better condition.

Fouredged Sword
2010-05-11, 07:13 PM
The day passes quietly. There is a simple and beautiful wedding attended by all who could get away from the tasks of the farm. There was much talk about what was to come. Fear was present, but so to was hope. The dawn would bring a new era for the farm. One less safe and secure than the last, but one with greater hope for the future.

The night passes quickly, each of the adventurers preparing themselves and saying words to those they care for. When sleep finally filled each mind, the rest was deep and fulfilling. Dawn came, the light of Palor filled the world, and our adventures found themselves once more at the gates to the church, wondering what is to come.

Duskranger
2010-05-12, 01:05 AM
Guys, before we go I have something I need to confess to all of you. Or actually more show it. This so you won't be scared when we will be seeing combat. Ivario says while looking at the others and especially to the elders.
A long time ago I found out that I had a certain gift so to speak and because actions speak lopuder than words here comes it. Before their eyes where Ivario stood a big (oke medium:P) grey wolf stood there, tongue out of his mouth and two rows of big teeth in the mouth. After a short while he changes back.
Sorry to have hided this from you, my apologies.

Ilriyn
2010-05-13, 11:54 AM
Kaylee jumps slightly when Ivario transforms, but then regains her composure. "Thank you for sharing that information, I'm sure it will come in handy as we retrieve the cart."

She turns to the others, "Do we need to talk to the elders again before we go? Or should we just leave?"

Jallorn
2010-05-13, 01:40 PM
We should at least tell them we're leaving. But quickly, we need to move as fast as we can.

Jallorn
2010-05-14, 05:27 PM
Stay, I will let them know we are leaving, Aral goes and does just that, returning soon.

OOC: Felt this might need a slight prod to move along.

Fouredged Sword
2010-05-14, 09:32 PM
As you reach for the door it burst open. The elders all are walking out of the building. They look surprised to see everyone gathered at the door, waiting. Shana is carrying a sack on her back.

Paul raises an eyebrow, "We where just going to look for you. Why are the lot of you just standing in front of a door. Kids these days. If we had left it up to you, you could spend two days waiting at a door for somebody to open it!"

Raz-ja looks focused, he walks over to Aeon and retrieves his spellbook. He then walks back into the church and closes the doors.

Simon speaks. "You have to excuse him. He is always non-social until he memorizes his spells for the day. We will have a few minutes until his return. We have some last second advice."

Shana sets down her bundle heavily. "about that" she jumps in "Undead hunting one oh one. Carry a second weapon or two. Everyone needs to carry a club and a sling. These are light and good weapons on skeletons. Every one you kill at range won't be clawing at your face. Zombies are harder. You really need to cut into them to make a kill. Ranged attacks are likely to be infective. Knock out the skeletons, then go for a quick kill by ganging up with swords. Ether that or fire. Nothing out there will resist a good scorching from a spell or two if you can manage. You may want to save the powerful damaging spells for zombies, they can take a lot of damage."

"Beyond that use your heads. All I have seen are mindless drones. Ambush, tactics, and foresight will give you an edge on their numbers. Rush in and you will end up overwhelmed and quickly dead. I will stress again the need for a variety of weapons. I got slings, stones, and clubs right here. Take one of each before you go. Club in one hand, sling in the other is a fine way to fight. We haven't trained you in their use for the last ten years on accident. I want all of you to come home alive. Stay smart and stay cautious."

Paul picks up after she tappers off. "The town is set up in four rings. We are south and a little east of town. East to west through the center of town is the trade road. Smack dab in the middle of town, right over the trade road is the market, try to stay out of it, there was a battle there and where there was fighting there will likely be undead. East and west on the road are the town gates. Stay away from them for now, there was fighting there as well. The north side of town burned bad during the siege, and I don't know how well it could have stood up. You won't be going there, lucky, that was the side closest to the fort, and is likely the worst part of town for undead. The fort itself is in the northern tip of town, stay away from there. You are not ready to take that challenge on."

"Now, getting to the forge. It's just one street south of the market, so you need to go in three streets, but first you got to get past the outer wall. In the time it has fallen into disrepair, so there are two gaps that we can see from the top of the church. One just west of here, the other more to the far west of town. The near gap opens into what should be what is left of the poor section of town. The streets should be cramped and twisted. the wagon should fit through most streets, but that may not leave you any room to maneuver. That could be used to your advantage, but keep a eye open in there. You may not see a group of undead until they are right on top of you. The far west gate opens into what was a row of inns. It's near the west gate, so stay south of that if you go that way. The streets are broad there, so you should have room to move around, but so will any undead, and there may not be much room for sneaking around. Climbing the wall may also be possible, but be careful, you would be seen by anything looking at the wall. On the other hand you would have good ground to fight off a horde."

"You lot know your skills best. Talk among yourselves and see what you think. I trust you to have wisdom to guide you right. Feel free to ask questions if you have any. I'll answer to the best of my memory."

Simon chimes in hesitantly. "I feel bad to ask this, but we do need supplies. There may be valuable supplies in the buildings we need, like jewels and precious metal. I hate to loot the dead, but our survival may depend on anything we can find."

Shana scoffs. "I don't advise that. Undead may retreat into buildings during the day. Palors light drives them away, even the mindless ones feel his wrath and shy away."

"Choose your way well." She continues. "Us old warriors can't do the fighting for you, and there is nothing we can do but advise. Take a moment to talk among yourselves, ask us any questions you need. We have a few more minutes before Raz-ja finishes. He said he had one last trick up his sleeves."

Duskranger
2010-05-15, 03:34 AM
So you know what I can do. I am not really a ranged fighter. On the other hand I can do a lot of damage when I come in close. I have the plus of being a wolf at that moment, and man can they bite if they want. But if there's a map that we can take, can you mark the position where our target probably is. Ivario says while looking at everyone.

Critical
2010-05-15, 07:07 AM
"I'm only an apprentice wizard, so I'm pretty limited at the moment, however, I still may help. I can enlarge one of you, melee fighters, so you could reach more undead and, of course, hit it harder. Also, I can summon some grease, making the undead slip, giving us an advantage. With some gems, I can identify magic items. Also, I can summon some smoke, in case we get outnumbered or will want to get away. And at last, I can switch two creatures, including myself, places, I will use it to send in the melee fighter and send myself back, I'm not particularily suited for that, you know. As we get more experience, I could do much more." - as Aeon finished describing his large repertoire of abilities, he observed the team, making sure everyone got it.

Jallorn
2010-05-15, 12:01 PM
Enough talking, we should get out there as soon as possible.

Ilriyn
2010-05-15, 12:36 PM
In ranged combat, I have a small group of spells that I could use to damage the undead, and I have also become quite proficient in the use of these javelins. I am far more effective in melee combat, as one swing from my greatsword ought to bring a zombie down. I also have a close ranged spell that will make undead flee from us for a sizable amount of time.

Critical
2010-05-18, 04:12 AM
"Aral has a point. Lets move."

Duskranger
2010-05-18, 07:01 AM
In short, travelling now, talking later. Shall we. Ivario asks while looking at the rest. If they don't reply he transforms into a wolf and start to go to the border of the farm.

Critical
2010-05-18, 09:19 AM
Rorl takes out a quarterstaff, and starts following the wolf, using the staff as a walking stick. He was glad that he was finally out of this place.

Fouredged Sword
2010-05-18, 12:04 PM
As you start to walk off, Raz-ja comes out of the church. He calls you all over and casts a spell on each of you. "This should help keep you safe. The mage armor spell will last five hours on all of you. It should keep you alive long enough for you to get back with the coal, and Paul can make you some real armor. Watch yourselves, and come back alive."

Everyone gains a Mage Armor buff, +4 armor bonus to AC, does not stack with armor granted from worn armor.

Ilriyn
2010-05-18, 12:08 PM
"Thank you" says Kaylee as the shimmering magic encases her. "We'll be back soon, don't wait up!"

Duskranger
2010-05-18, 12:10 PM
Ivario barks as soon as the spell takes hold and his fur shimmers with small blue lights. Than he looks again towards the horizon and walks towards the unknown.

senrath
2010-05-18, 07:34 PM
Blythe nodded at the mage as the spell was cast, then continued to walk. Gripping his sword tightly, he prepared himself for the unknown.

Fouredged Sword
2010-05-18, 08:36 PM
The party set out across the Fence. As you cross, you can see the large wall that lies, crumbling with age, around the city. The wall is no more than a few hundred feet from the edge of the Fence. You can see the first break in the wall another few hundred feet west, down the wall. You know beyond that, down the wall further is another break.

Outside the wall is rough tall grass, broken up by dense clumps of bushes and small stands of trees that have grown in the rich farm soil in the last ten years. The party will have to weave around the stands of bushes if they want to avoid rough terrain

Do you enter the first break and try to cross through the tightly packed poor district alive, or do you risk the open roads in the west trade district through the second break?

Or do you have another idea? A sharp mind is better than a sharp sword at times.

Jallorn
2010-05-18, 08:49 PM
Before the Party leaves:
Aral's armor glows, and then dims to normal. Turning wordlessly, he heads for the exit from the compound, stopping there to speak, Friends, we now embark into dangers, the likes of which none of us have ever faced, yet all of us have known might some for us. I freely admit that my childhood fears grip me even now, threatening to reduce me to a gibbering pile of flesh, yet I stand strong, because we have survived this long. Nothing is hopeless, whatever horrors we may see outside this gate, remember that. So speak all the old stories, and so too will speak our own.

After:
We should head for the far gap, and move into the wider space. Our strengths lie primarily in fighting, and it is entirely possible that we will give away our position long before we know of the enemy in the tightly packed areas.

Critical
2010-05-18, 11:40 PM
"Agreed." - Aeon replies.

Duskranger
2010-05-19, 02:38 AM
Ivario transforms back into a person.

Even though I agree with both ofyou I think I will go in as a front scout, staying about 20' before you. If I see anything I will howl. I hope that the monsters won't think a wolf is so strange to see. If you all don't mind that is. I will try to sniff them out and if I find a pocket of them I will come back to you. Ivario looks at the rest of the group while also looking with sad eyes to the destruction of nature.

Jallorn
2010-05-19, 09:54 AM
That is a sound strategy.

Critical
2010-05-19, 11:26 AM
"Sounds good." - Aeon says, thinking about something else.

Duskranger
2010-05-19, 11:29 AM
Ivario takes the lead if no one is complaining and walks in front of the party keeping everything in the eye. Sometimes he stops and sniffs the air and looks around a little bit more.

Fouredged Sword
2010-05-19, 05:41 PM
The party goes forth with little problem. Ivario takes point actively looking for danger, with Kaylee and Blythe walking side by side back ten feet, followed closely by Aral and Aeon.

Knowledge Nature DC 10
The forest seems sick, it is worst near the wall. As you get further and further from the Farm, the sickness becomes more evident.
Knowledge Nature DC 15
The town is making the land sick. The forest in the distance seems fine. The blight isn't covering the whole land, just the town. Made Knowledge Nature DC 15 check and Knowledge Arcana or The Planes DC 15
The town must be radiating Negative Energy. There should be a root cause of it in the town somewhere.

The party passes the first opening in the wall with no problems. The second opening comes into sight. It is surrounded by tall grass, around three feet tall, as is most of the land around the wall. The wind is a light breeze, blowing the grass in waves.

Spot DC 10
three Black objects fall from the wall. They turn before they hit the ground and skim over the top the grass at you
Spot DC 15
The three black objects are ravens. They look molted and half their feathers are missing. They will reach the party in six seconds
Spot DC 20
Some of the grass is not moving with the wind, something is coming at you through the grass
Spot DC 25
There are four tiny bone creatures running through the grass at the party. They will reach the party in three seconds
Listen DC 15
You hear rustling in the grass coming towards you
If you made the Spot DC 15 - Then Knowledge Religion DC 10
The Ravens are Zombie Ravens
If you made the Spot DC 15 - Then Knowledge Religion DC 15
Zombie Ravens - 1/2 D12 HD, Extra tough, slow to act DR 5/slashing.
If you made the Spot DC 25 - Then Knowledge Religion DC 10
The small bone creatures are Skeletal Rats
If you made the Spot DC 25 - Then Knowledge Religion DC 15
Skeletal Rats - 1/4 D12 HD DR 5/bludgeoning

Make one check of each type, open any relevant boxes. Roll first, then state your actions. Feel free to roll by hand before posting, just state your results. Make any rolls you think you should to react to what you see and hear, (ie. initiative).

Oh, and those complex knowledge checks. The second part can be attempted by someone who does not pass the first if they are filled in about the first part later by someone who did, so you can still get the full picture even if the knowledge are spread around multiple characters, if you have time to talk.

Jallorn
2010-05-19, 06:03 PM
Knowledge (Nature):[roll0]
Knowledge (Religion):[roll1]
Knowledge (The Planes):[roll2]
Spot:[roll3]
Listen:[roll4]
Knowledge (Religion):[roll5]

Aral suddenly moves his spear into a position to be ready to strike, Foes, be ready!

senrath
2010-05-19, 06:21 PM
Heading Aral's warning, Blythe swung his sword out in front of himself, holding it in a defensive position. He was ready for the enemy to come, whatever they might be.

Not enough to figure anything out. Joy. Anyhoo, taking a Total Defense action.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Fouredged Sword
2010-05-19, 08:19 PM
Ok, since the first two people didn't roll initiative, I will just roll it for everyone when combat starts. That will take the least number of posts anyway.

So the turn order is

Blythe - 20 - roll 18 +2
Ivario - 12 - roll 4 +8
Aral - 14 - roll 12 +2
Aeon - 13 - roll 6 +7
Kaylee - 10 - roll 9 +1

Blythe - your granted maneuvers are "Leading the Attack" and "Vanguard Strike"

DM notes for personal use - do not look please

Zombies -
Bird 1 - HP 9 -0
Bird 2 - HP 9 -0
Bird 3 - HP 9 -0
Skeletons -
Rat 1 - HP 3 -0
Rat 2 - HP 3 -0
Rat 3 - HP 3 -0
Rat 4 - HP 3 -0

True Initiative

Rat 2 - 21 - roll 14 +7
Rat 1 - 20 - roll 13 +7
Blythe - 20 - roll 18 +2
Rat 3 - 18 - roll 11 +7
Ivario - 12 - roll 4 +8
Aral - 14 - roll 12 +2
Aeon - 13 - roll 6 +7
Kaylee - 10 - roll 9 +1
Bird 2 - 4 - roll 2 +2
Bird 1 - 3 - roll 1 +2
Bird 3 - 3 - roll 1 +2

Ilriyn
2010-05-20, 12:29 AM
OOC: I rolled with my own dice at home because, I like to roll myself when I can, and its quicker. If there is a problem, just tell me and I'll use the forum roller.

Rolls:
Knowledge religion: Roll 16 + 7 (23)
Knowledge Arcana: Roll 1 + 7 (Fail)
Spot: Roll 20 + 2 (Success)
Listen: Roll 8 + 2 (10)

Kaylee is surprised to see the creatures moving towards the party. A thrill of fear runs through her, followed by a determination to defeat the threat. Knowledge gained from reading dusty tomes rushes unbidden to her mind, and she is confident that by knowing their weaknesses, she will prevail."Four skeletal ravens are inbound, followed by three zombie ravens. The Ravens are vulnerable to our blades, while the rats are vulnerable to our clubs. Prepare yourselves!"

Kaylee unsheathes her sword, and readies her mind for magic use.

Duskranger
2010-05-20, 02:28 AM
My rolls:

Know: Nature: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]
Spot: [roll2]

Even if I make the spot knowledge religion is impossible, only classskill is knowledge nature.

Initiative if I rolled it myself: [roll3] sadly this doesn't count, init of 19 is good :(

Ivario howls when hearing the sound in the grass. And even though the rest of his party was allready aware he stands ready to attack.

Critical
2010-05-20, 06:19 AM
K(Nature) DC 10: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]
Listen: [roll2]
If Spot 15<, K(Religion): [roll3]

Noticing the black objects, Aeon immediately readied himself. "Well, well, well... Looks like we have our very first real battle." Waving his hands and waving some words, Aeon decided to enlighten the situation.

Actions: Cast Light on one of the black objects. Move behind some meaty party member to protect him. :smallbiggrin: Preferably, so the black things couldn't charge at Aeon or would get an AoO doing so.

Jallorn
2010-05-20, 03:45 PM
Aral moves forward, ready to spear any undead that gets too close. Stay close together everyone.

Ready an action to attack the first undead enemy to come into melee range.

Duskranger
2010-05-20, 03:47 PM
Ivario (in his turn) readies an attack if the opponent is not yet near enough for him to attack, to attack them as soon as they come in bite-distance.

If the enemy is within teethrange he will attack.

senrath
2010-05-20, 09:11 PM
Blythe positioned himself between the approaching undead and his allies, holding his sword in a defensive posture as he did so. "Ready for a trial by fire, everyone?"

Move to next to Ivario, and take a Total Defense, pushing my AC to 20, thanks to Mage Armor. Also, I have Extra Granted Maneuver, so I start with 3 maneuvers, instead of just 2.

Ilriyn
2010-05-20, 09:50 PM
Kaylee moves forward, standing close behind Ivario. She readies her sword to strike at the first foe within her reach.

Take move action to draw sword, 5 ft. step towards Ivario, readies standard action to hit at foe

Fouredged Sword
2010-05-21, 01:26 AM
OOC : senrath, didn't see the feat, sorry. You also have "Crusader's Strike" granted
OOC: Aeon, light is a touch spell, and you don't know it anyway, it's evocation. Post your spells memorized on your sheet so I know what you have.
OOC: Aral, I am guessing that you have the power aura up.

IC :

The party takes a T shaped battle formation, with Ivario taking point, Blythe to his left and Aral to his right. Kaylee stands directly behind him. Aeon stands in the back behind her, putting as much pointy between him and the foes.

There is a slight lull before anything happens, then four skeletal rats burst from the grass at you feet. Ivario and Aral both strike at the oncoming beasts. Ivario (Roll 15, 11 +4) Crunches one in his jaws, feeling the shattering of small bones as it crumbles to pieces (dmg 11). Aral misses his target (roll 6, 3 +2).

The Rats charge past the attack unheeded. Blythe, Ivario, and Aral all gain attacks of opportunity as the rats run past your blades. Blythe strikes the rat charging him solidly, (Roll 20, 15 +5) shattering it to pieces with the heavy blade (dmg 10). Ivario catches the rat charging him in his jaws, (roll 14, 10 +4) once more shattering the frail creatures (dmg 6). Aral misses his target with his spear (roll 12, 10+2). The rat claws viciously at him, but he steps nimbly out of the way of the clumsy attack.

As the rat turns Kaylee sees her opportunity. She slashes at the rat that just missed Aral, hitting it, (roll 15, 10 +5), destroying the last of the creatures. (Dmg 5)

The Ravens fly closer.

Listen Check DC 15
There is still movement in the tall grass
Spot Check DC 15
There are still more skeletal rats in the tall grass, maybe four more. They reach you next turn.

Critical
2010-05-21, 01:35 AM
OOC:
Ow, right, sorry about that. The spells are and were at the "Other Notes" section of the sheet.

Rolls:
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

"Oh, come on, just some rats! I'm not wasting any spells for now." - Aeon says, lifting up his crossbow and shooting at a raven.

Critical
2010-05-21, 01:39 AM
Sorry for the double post. Also, can we get an OOC thread, please?
[roll0] [roll1]

EDIT: Okay, I'm waiting for the OOC thread to roll a crit confirm, if the raven's not immune to criticals. I don't want to triple post. :smalleek:

Duskranger
2010-05-21, 02:14 AM
Spotcheck: [roll0]
Listencheck: [roll1]

OOC:

Well, that's two for me. Maybe I am going to keep me a kill score :smallbiggrin:

Ivario barks loudly and readies again another action to strike as soon as something reaches bitingdistance (sometimes you wish animals could speak common, I mean what does he mean:smallbiggrin:)

Fouredged Sword
2010-05-21, 08:48 AM
OOC thread here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8535254#post8535254).

senrath
2010-05-21, 07:26 PM
Blythe held steady, grinning as he easily destroyed one of the undead rats. While he knew that these were only the weakest of undead, and likely not of the sort that caused his parents' demise, it still felt good to rid the world of them.

Ready an action to attack the first undead that comes within range.

Current AC: 16
HP: 13
Delay Damage Pool: 0/5

Jallorn
2010-05-22, 06:57 PM
Aral growled, frustrated. Even after all his training, he had missed not once, but twice, right when it really mattered. Still, he had another chance, and this time he would hit.

Again, ready action to hit the next undead enemy in range.

Ilriyn
2010-05-22, 07:40 PM
Rolls:

Listen: Roll 14 + 2 (16)
Spot: Roll 15 + 2 (17)

Kaylee grimaces as she beheads the last of the rats. While she was thrilled to have beaten her first real foe, no matter how small it might have been, she still didn't enjoy killing.

As she readies herself for the incoming ravens and rats, she calls to the rest, "more rats are coming through the grass, look!"

Ready action to attack the first undead within range, unless an undead moves to attack Aeon, in which case she will move and intercept the undead, hopefully before it can attack Aeon.

Fouredged Sword
2010-05-22, 09:20 PM
The Rats attack charge mindlessly forward. The four of them all dash directly at the first line in a suicidal rush. The party was ready for such a predictable attack. Blythe, Ivario, and Aral all strike out at their foes. (rolls Blythe 8 - 3 +5, Ivario 7 - 3 +4, Aral 14 - 12 +2). Blythe and Ivario fail to strike the nimble rats, while emboldened by his past attempts Aral strikes home with his spear.(Dmg 6) dashing the bones to the ground to stay there.

The rats charge forward heedlessly past the danger. The warriors strike again as the rats advance. Blythe misses his strike again (roll 7, 2+5), Ivario strikes cleanly dashing a rat to pieces.(min damage =9, not gonna roll). Aral strikes another time with his spear hitting a rat slaying it (roll 13, 11 +2)(dmg 4)

The last rat charges past the wall of blades to strike at Blythe. It claws at him savagely striking past his armor. The claws of the rat strike with the momentum of it's reckless charge(Dmg 3)

Kaylee sees her opportunity again to strike at the last of the rats. She swings her great sword, but she stumbles on a branch and is rendered flatfooted until her next action (Nat 1 attack roll)

"Oh, come on, just some rats! I'm not wasting any spells for now." - Aeon says, lifting up his crossbow and shooting at a raven. Rolls((1d20+3)[23] (1d8)[6])(dmg 1) His bolt flies through the air striking one of the ravens. The bird doesn't even flinch as the bolt comes to rest in it's body, flying on relentlessly.

The ravens fly directly at the party striking the first targets that they see, the first three party members. Two miss their targets, but the bird that targeted Blythe attacks strongly, striking him a blow (3 DMG)

One raven is in the squares of Ivario, Blythe, and Aral. Blythe also has a rat. The Ravens will sail past in their next turn. Blythe has taken 6 damage.
The next round of combat begins.

OOC. I didn't grant Blythe a maneuver last round, so he gets both of his remaining maneuvers now.

Jallorn
2010-05-22, 09:33 PM
Aral concentrates for a a second, and suddenly, everyone in the group is bathed in a red glow. At the same time, he strikes at the raven.

Swift action to switch auras to Energy Shield, then Standard action to attack the raven.

senrath
2010-05-22, 09:33 PM
Growling, Blythe quickly shifted his stance, and struck out at the bird that had injured him. These things were more nuisance than menace, but they still hurt.

Swift action to move into Martial Spirit stance. Then using Crusader's Strike on the raven that's in my square. Also taking a -1 on the attack to gain 2 temp HP, which is then immediately lost to the damage taken previously. So the attack is made at a +5. Here's a roll for it, as well as damage. Feel free to disregard and use your own rolls if you want to.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Assuming the attack hits, I'll heal 2 from Martial Spirit, and an additional 1d6+1 from Crusader's Strike (since I seriously doubt that these undead are CG).

[roll2]

HP: 9/13 (before healing)

Duskranger
2010-05-23, 02:13 AM
I attack the raven in our square:

Attack: 1d20+4
Damage: [roll0]

OOC:

Yo senrath where did you get the information that martial spirit gave temp hp it's just healing, temp hp goes over you max hp this one not. Same with crusaders strike which also heals 1d6+IL of hp

Critical
2010-05-23, 06:13 AM
Aeon steps back and shoots one of the ravens again. "Oh, come on! I could train better hitting those dummies in the farm!"

[roll0] [roll1]

Duskranger
2010-05-23, 06:15 AM
Reroll of the attackroll:

[roll0]

Ivario barks at the opponent (long live a AC of 22:smallbiggrin:).

Ilriyn
2010-05-23, 05:19 PM
Kaylee shudders as the raven and the rat bite and claw at Blythe. Yelling, she steps closer to him, and strikes at the rat by his feat.

Move action to walk to the square to the left of Blythe, attack action to attack the rat.

Attack: Roll 6 + 5 (11)
Damage: Rolls 6 & 4 + 4 (14)

Fouredged Sword
2010-05-24, 01:58 PM
Blythe acts quickly, slicing the raven flying past clean in two, destroying it utterly. His blow sends a cascade of positive energy down his blade, instantly healing his wounds completely. He stands even taller than he did a the start of the fight. (Hp 13(2)/13)

The rat at his feet attacks, biting through his boot. (DMG 1)

Ivario Attacks the Raven above him with his jaws. (Dmg 2) Coming back with a mouthful of foul feathers.

Aral Strikes at the raven in his square as well, striking the clumsy bird (roll 12, 10+2)(DMG 1). It doesn't seem to even react to the spear.

Aeon fires his crossbow at the raven over Ivario's head and misses, the bolt sails off into the tall grass.

Kaylee moves around to Blythe's right and strikes at the rat in Blythe's square, missing the quick little skeleton.

The two remaining ravens fly past their current targets, charging at

The ravens fly past their current target and attack the next target, Aeon. the two remaining ravens invoke attacks of opportunity from Blythe, Ivario, and Aral.

Blyhte Strikes the Raven over Ivario as it tries to move, Cutting the bird in twain once more with his massive sword.

Ivario jaws miss their target, the last raven.

Aral Strikes at the Raven over his head as it continues past him, strikeing it with his spear, once again piercing it with little effect.(roll 13, Dmg 1)

The raven charges Aeon. His crossbow grants him no melee protection. The raven strikes viciously at his face, the claws leave three deep cuts along his face, just missing his eye. (DMG 3)

END OF ROUND

Blythe looses all his strikes and gains Vanguard Strike and Leading the Attack.

Duskranger
2010-05-24, 02:00 PM
Ivario attacks the last raven after spitting out the feathers he has in his mouth.

Attackroll:[roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

senrath
2010-05-24, 06:43 PM
Grinning broadly, Blythe struck at the rat that had bitten through his boot. They needed to finish this quickly so they could get moving before more threatening undead appeared.

Using Stone Bones on the rat, directing the healing from Martial Spirit to Aeon, if I hit. Also taking -1 on the attack to activate Stone Power and gain 2 temp HP.

[roll0]
[roll1] (I forgot to include the +1 damage from Furious Counterstrike last time. Not that it really matters)

HP: 13(2)/13
Delayed Damage: 1/5
Gain DR 5/Adamantine if I hit.

Ilriyn
2010-05-24, 07:09 PM
Frustrated at the dexterity of the little rat, Kaylee yells, and swings at the little creature again.

Standard action to attack rat in Bylthe's square.

Attack: Roll 5 + 5 (10)
Damage: Lol no

Critical
2010-05-26, 03:12 PM
"Arrgh! Damn it!" - Aeon says, taking defensive posture to avoid more blows coming his way, his friends were doing just fine.

Actions: Full Defense, 21 AC Total.

Jallorn
2010-05-26, 03:44 PM
Aral strikes at the raven again.

Standard action to make a melee attack

Fouredged Sword
2010-05-26, 06:17 PM
Blythe - 20 - roll 18 +2
Rat 3 - 18 - roll 11 +7
Ivario - 12 - roll 4 +8
Aral - 14 - roll 12 +2
Aeon - 13 - roll 6 +7
Kaylee - 10 - roll 9 +1
Bird 2 - 4 - roll 2 +2

Blythe Strikes the rat under his feet and misses. The rat retaliates with it's jaws, missing as well.

Ivario lunges at the raven over Aeon, rending it savagly (DMG 6), and destroying. His jaws feel the taste of partly cooked rotten reaven.

Aral seeing his target destroyed steps into the space left by Ivario and strikes at the rat (roll 13 +2)(DMG >1) killing it with his spear.

The rest of the party takes a breath. You have survived combat for the first time. You feel proud of yourselves and hopeful of the future. You feel cautious though. If this is what lurks around the town, who knows how dangerous of a foe lurkes within.

OOC: Da Da Da Daaa daaa daaa dut de da! You gain 60 EXP!.

Jallorn
2010-05-26, 06:21 PM
Aral takes a breath, just one, then says, We should get moving, it's not safe to stop.

senrath
2010-05-26, 06:37 PM
"Agreed." Blythe said, as he wiped off his sword. He didn't want to stay still any longer than necessary.

Duskranger
2010-05-27, 01:27 AM
Ivario barks and nods his wolven head while spitting out some feathers. You see him shudder a little bit and than take again the front with 20'feet between you and him. Sometimes he puts his nose in the air and keeps watching al sides, but normal like a wolf would do it.

Critical
2010-05-27, 06:03 AM
"Aren't you going to treat the wounded?" - Aeon says, attracting attention to the scars on his face.

Jallorn
2010-05-27, 11:28 AM
Minor scratches will have to wait. Without further conversation, Aral proceeds towards their goal.

Ilriyn
2010-05-27, 11:30 AM
Kaylee cleans her sword on the grass, but keeps it in her hand, ready for whatever might come next.

Fouredged Sword
2010-05-28, 08:43 AM
The group reforms it's marching formation and advances twards the gap in the wall. The gap is fairly wide and easy to get through. Once you pass the wall you look out into the city. The cobblestones of the street are still perfect. Much of the city is still in pristine condition, still and silent.

Knowledge Nature or Spot DC 15
There are no plants or any other signs of life anywhere. No wonder there is no decay.

The wide (20ft) cobblestone street is lined with inns and other buildings like shops. Inside the buildings is dark, and you wonder what wealth could lie inside these wealthy looking inns like Simon had mentioned.

Further down the road you see a problem. An overturned wagon with a badly broken axle blocks the middle of the road. You could walk past, but comeing back through with the wagon will be imposible as things are.

By the wagon there is an alley going off to the right. It is dark and at a sharp angle to the street, so you cannot see down it.

Duskranger
2010-05-28, 08:45 AM
Know: Nature check: [roll0]
Spot (in case one of them flunks): [roll1]

Ivario transforms in his human form and looks at the others. This village is completely unnatural, no plantlife, not other creatures except for those rats and ravens we faced, which tasted bad, thanks for your worries, But I think a couple of us need to overturn the wagon, after inspecting it and the surroundings, while an other couple of us keep the guard. I think that if someone has a rope I can help with the overturning of the wagon, we need the room in this street if we want to get the objective through here. I for one wouldn't enjoy going around the city instead of through it. After the overturning of the cart maybe we can scavenge some things out of the building, if we search there are maybe items we can use to fix this wagon. Ifwe can fix it we have two wagons. The repairs don't need to be perfect, but fast and it needs to work, for as long as we are here. At the Home we can fix it and do it right.

Jallorn
2010-05-28, 10:05 AM
Maybe there's an axe somewhere around here, without further explanation, Aral wanders into a nearby building, looking for useful items, but also keeping his eyes and ears open for danger.

Spot:[roll0]
Listen; [roll1]

Critical
2010-05-28, 10:33 AM
Spot - [roll0]

"Minor-freaking-wounds? I feel exactly half-DEAD!" - Aeon responds in anger to Aral. - "...I wonder if that makes me a pessimist. Anyway, lets continue our way, searching and repairing would take too much time."

Ilriyn
2010-05-28, 10:46 AM
Know. Nature: Roll 10 + 7 (17)

I don't think we have time to fix it if we intend to search some of the buildings and get the coal. Let's just get it out of our way, and continue down the street.

She strides towards the wagon, before seeing Aral walk into a building. "Aral! Be careful, we don't know what could be inside these structures" She yells as she runs towards him.

Looking for/listening for anything abnormal or threatening as I walk with Aral into the building.
Spot: Roll 12 + 2 (14)
Listen: Roll 9 + 2 (11)

Fouredged Sword
2010-05-28, 12:21 PM
Aral pushes the door of a nearby large building open carefully. as the door opens he sees 6 skeleton's in plain view. The look like the remains of a city patrol. Five of the skeletons are in breastplate. Three of them carry crossbows, the other two carry spears. The last skeleton is a impressive figure, dressed in half plate and carrying a morning star and heavy shield.

As the door opens they turn immediately to face the opening and Aral.

Aral is standing just outside a five foot door that will only allow for a single creature to stand in front of it, all creatures striking through the door not directly in front of it will be blocked by part of the wall (striking past cover)

Kaylee has just caught up to Aral and is standing just behind him. Aeon is standing ten feet back towards the city wall, and Ivario and blythe are standing ten feet the other direction.

like this

_ _ _ 1 + + + + 1
+ + + 1 + I B + 1
S + + 1 + + + + 1
C S + 0 A K + + 1
K + + 1 + + + + 1
C S + 1 + a + + 1
_ _ _ 1 + + + + 1

Initiative

Aeon 17 -a
Kaylee 12 -K
Blythe 11 -B
Ivario 10 -I
Aral 6 -A

S = spear user
K = Leader
C = Crossbow

Blythe has Crusader's Strike, Vanguard Strike, and Stone Bones Granted

Declare you actions

DM Notes - Do not look

True init

cb 1 25
sp 2 25
Kn 1 23
sp 3 18
Aeon 17
sp 1 13
Kaylee 12
Blythe 11
cb 2 10
Ivario 10
Aral 6

Hp Atk Dmg Def Init
Skeleton Troop 1
1 12 +1 1d8+1 18/11 5
2 12 +1 1d8+1 18/11 5
3 12 +1 1d8+1 18/11 5
Skeleton Troop 2
4 12 +1 1d8 18/11 5
5 12 +1 1d8 18/11 5
Skeleton Fighter
6 12 +2 1d8+2 22/11 6

Duskranger
2010-05-28, 12:31 PM
Ivario transforms in wolfform, and moves towards and in front of Aral. If it's possible within one move action he readies also an action to attack the first skeleton that reaches bite distance (he moves until his movement (50') is up, but he wants to reach at least a 5' distance of Aral, so others can also move around.

Critical
2010-05-28, 12:34 PM
"...I'm surrounded by idiots..." - Aeon says, looking at the new enemies. - "Okay, I'll help you, *******s, this time. Make sure you heal me when it's over." As he finished talking, he swiftly showed his hands from underneath his robes and started casting some kind of spell. When the last gesture and word was done, the grease appeared under the skeletons legs, hopefully, tripping some of them over. "Now, can I actually get some healing?!"

Actions: Move, so I see what the room, cast Grease at the area skeletons stand in, I assume 10-feet area is enough to affect 4 of them who are closest to Aral and Kaylee, or everyone, if they ended up in the same square. Reflex Save DC 15 for them or they fall prone.
EDIT: Throwing it so it affects the leader and the two skeletons above him.

Jallorn
2010-05-28, 12:53 PM
Aral drops his spear and lifts his club, the glow fading from his party members as he does.

Swift action to switch to my aura that grants Fast Healing, move action to draw my club, and ready an action to hit the first skeleton that moves into range.

senrath
2010-05-28, 07:19 PM
Dropping his sword, Blythe moved in closer to the undead threat, drawing his club as he went. Squeezing past Aral, he entered the building and struck at the closest spear holder.

Moving into the door, then diagonally up to the left. Swift action to engage in Martial Spirit stance. Using Stone Bones on the closest Spear holder. Taking a -1 to the attack to get 2 temp HP. Heal Aeon 2 if I hit.

Delayed Damage: 0/5
Gain DR 5/Adamantine if I hit.

Fouredged Sword
2010-05-28, 07:42 PM
OOC: by the way, there is more stuff over at the OOC thread that I could use input for, in case you missed it. I need a loot wishlist for you guys

Ilriyn
2010-05-29, 11:30 AM
Kaylee draws her sword, and raises her free hand towards the spear-wielding skeleton directly in front of her. A ray of positive energy darts out of her hand towards the skeleton.

Move action to draw my sword, standard action to use disrupt undead.

Ranged touch attack: Roll 19 + 2 (21)

Fouredged Sword
2010-05-29, 12:10 PM
A Crossbow bolt thunks into the doorframe near Aral's head. He is then charged by a Skeletal spearman, takeing a spear to the gut. (DMG 7). He then dodges a morningstar and another spear as the armored skeleton and another spearman take positions at the sides of the door. The door helps defend him from harm.

After that Aeon moves to see through the door and pauses for a second. He allows time for the last skeleton spearman to move twards the door, and then catches the armoed skeleton, the spearman at the door, and the newest spearman with a spell, coating the ground with slipery goo, causeing all of them to fall to the ground.

Kaylee points to the fallen skeleton at the door and chants, a ray springs from her fingers twords the skeleton in the doorway, missing the prone form.

Blythe rushes next to Aral and strikes at the fallen skeleton, hitting it squarely with his club, smashing it. (DMG 8), and activateing his stone bones DR and healing Aeon (Heal 2)

A Crossbow bolt strikes Blythe, but deals only paltry damage due to his DR (DMG 1)

Ivario runs around Aral to the left and strikes at the prone skeleton as well, crushing it back into death with his jaws.

Aral, seeing his foe downed and himself wounded, takes a five foot step back and waits for the first undead to step through that door.

Dm Notes

True init

cb 1 25
sp 2 25
Kn 1 23
sp 3 18
Aeon 17
sp 1 13
Kaylee 12
Blythe 11
cb 2 10
Ivario 10
Aral 6

Hp Atk Dmg Def Init
Skeleton Troop 1
1 12 +1 1d8+1 18/11 5
2 12 +1 1d8+1 18/11 5
3 12 +1 1d8+1 18/11 5
Skeleton Troop 2
4 12 +1 1d8 18/11 5
5 12 +1 1d8 18/11 5
Skeleton Fighter
6 12 +2 1d8+2 22/11 6

Duskranger
2010-05-29, 12:13 PM
Ivario attacks one of the closest skeletons, if necessary the biggest armored one (I mean I have 22 AC +) one of the good things of havind no armor in wolf form).

Jallorn
2010-05-29, 12:36 PM
Aral waits just outside the door for a skeleton.

ready action to hit the first skeleton that enters range

Critical
2010-05-29, 02:03 PM
"So, you actually healed me? Why didn't you do this earlier, damn it?!" - Aeon says, feeling the healing from the aura. - "Blythe, prepare to get BIG!" He says, moving to the crusader while chanting a spell, touching him on the shoulder, making him much larger. "You know what to do!"

Actions: move next to Blythe and cast Enlarge Person on him.

Ilriyn
2010-06-01, 12:25 AM
Kaylee moves to the side of the door opposite Aral, raising her sword above her head as she moves.

Move action to move near door, ready standard action to attack first skelly in range.

senrath
2010-06-02, 10:18 PM
"Because I can only heal while in combat. If I can't hurt something that's a threat to me, I can't heal people." Blythe called, as he struck out at the nearest skeleton that was still standing.

Crusader's Strike on the nearest undamaged Skeleton. I have 10-ft reach, thanks to being Enlarged, as well as gaining a +1 to damage and a -2 to AC. Directing any healing from Crusader's Strike to Aral, and any healing from Martial Spirit to Aeon. Taking a -1 on the attack to gain 2 temp HP.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2] (only if the attack hits)

Current AC: 14
HP: 13(2)/13 (goes to 13(1) immediately after my turn)
Delayed Damage: 1/5 (goes to 0 immediately after my turn)

Fouredged Sword
2010-06-02, 10:49 PM
cb 1 25
Kn 1 23
Aeon 17
sp 1 13
Kaylee 12
Blythe 11
cb 2 10
Ivario 10
Aral 6

The skeleton with the crossbow reloads his crossbow and fires at Aral, strikeing him in the sholder (DMG 4)

The Armored skeleton tries to stand, causing an attack of opertunity from Blythe and Aral. Blythe Strikes the standing skeleton with his club, smashing it soundly. The healing energy from his stance heals the gravely injured Aral.(Heal 2) Aral attacks as well, but misses.

The Armored skeleton then tries to move twards the door, but it cannot move in the grease.

The spear skeleton that is still standing attemts to move into the doorway, but it falls down in the grease. It attempts to stand. Aral and Ivario attacks at the opertunity. Ivario's jaws meet with the crunch of bone, destroying the skeleton.

So, you actually healed me? Why didn't you do this earlier, damn it?!" - Aeon says, feeling the healing from the aura. - "Blythe, prepare to get BIG!" He says, moving to the crusader while chanting a spell, touching him on the shoulder, making him much larger. "You know what to do!"

The last spear skeleton atempts to stand in the grease. It is out of reach of anyone who can react. It also atempts to reach the door, manageing to slide forward in the grease. It attacks Aral, but it's spear is thrown off by it's lack of footing.

Kaylee rushes forward, darting past Aral into the room. She sidestepts the skeleton who strikes at her, missing and almost falling over. She raises her sword and smashes the skeleton with the blade. (DMG 6)

Blythe strikes at the skeleton before him with his now massive blade, but he misses.

The second crossbow skeleton fires at Kaylee, but the bolt goes wide.

Ivario snaps his jaws at the skeleton in the door, but he cannot find his mark. Aral then strikes at it with his club, also missing.

Blythe is granted Charging Minotaur.

Jallorn
2010-06-02, 10:56 PM
In great frustration, Aral tosses his club at one of the crossbow wielding skeletons, snatching his spear up fro the ground immediately afterwards.

Ilriyn
2010-06-03, 12:25 AM
In a complex weave of feints and strikes, Kaylee slashes at the last spear wielding skeleton.

Standard action to attack spear skelly, ready move action to move towards the closest crossbow skelly IF the spear user is dropped.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Duskranger
2010-06-03, 03:31 AM
Ivario will try to attack the closest skeleton with his bite attack. If necessary he attacks the one that is dressed in the most armor.

Critical
2010-06-03, 05:17 AM
Aeon steps back and takes a defensive posture. "Blythe, it's all on you now!"

5-feet step towards the door, full defense.

senrath
2010-06-04, 08:07 PM
"No pressure, right?" Blythe called, as he struck out against the nearest skeleton once more with his enlarged club.

From now on, unless I specify, assume my healing is going to the most injured person in the group. Taking a -1 to my attack to gain 2 temp HP.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Fouredged Sword
2010-06-04, 10:45 PM
cb 1 25
Kn 1 23
Aeon 17
sp 1 13
Kaylee 12
Blythe 11
cb 2 10
Ivario 10
Aral 6

The grease spell weares off. The crossbow skeleton fires another bolt, this time at kaylee, who dodges avoids the bolt nimbly. The armored skeleton steps around the spear skeleton in the door and attacks her. It strikes her with it's morningstar. (DMG 6)

Aeon steps back and takes a defensive posture. "Blythe, it's all on you now!"

The spear skeleton strikes at the now large Blythe, but misses.

In a complex weave of feints and strikes, Kaylee slashes at the last spear wielding skeleton, smashing it soundly (DMG 5).

Blythe strikes at the skeleton as well, missing badly.

The other crossbow skeleton fires at Kaylee, missing her.

Ivario closes into the doorway jaws flashing, strikeing the skeleton down.

In great frustration, Aral tosses his club at one of the crossbow wielding skeletons, strikeing it solidly with the blunt stick. (DMG 4)
He snatches his spear up from the ground immediately afterwards.

Duskranger
2010-06-05, 04:35 AM
Ivario will in this turn charge the crossbow wielding skeleton. Since the melee skeletons will be easily handled by his allies and he has the greatest speed.

senrath
2010-06-05, 10:44 PM
Cursing himself, Blythe struck out once more at the nearest skeleton.

Taking a -1 to my attack to gain 2 temp HP.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Ilriyn
2010-06-06, 04:50 PM
Crying out in pain, Kaylee steps to the side, trying to evade future attacks from the skeleton leader. She again attacks the spear-using skeleton, frustrated that she has not succeeded in downing it.

5-foot step away from the armored skeleton, standard action to attack spear skeleton.

Attack: [roll0]

Jallorn
2010-06-06, 04:59 PM
Aral strikes out at the nearest skeleton he can reach with his spear. If none is within reach, he stands ready to dodge or deflect an attack.

standard action to attack or full round action to take the total defense action.

Critical
2010-06-06, 05:43 PM
"Hm. Note to self: Don't enlarge Blythe anymore, cause he can't hit a dead thing." - Aeon said, going around the corner, and leaning against the wall, waiting for the battle to be finished.

Assuming, there are no skeletons who can reach him, Aeon goes around the corner, leans against the wall and waits until the party's finished. :smalltongue:

Fouredged Sword
2010-06-06, 09:44 PM
Kaylee nimbley avoids another crossbow bolt and morning star from the last two skeletons

"Hm. Note to self: Don't enlarge Blythe anymore, cause he can't hit a dead thing." - Aeon says, going around the corner, and leaning against the wall, waiting for the battle to be finished.

Crying out in pain, Kaylee steps to the side, trying to evade future attacks from the skeleton leader. She again attacks the crossbow skeleton. (DMG 4)

Cursing himself, Blythe struck out at the armored skeleton, missing.

The other crossbow skeleton fires form his position down the room, strikeing Kaylee a glancing blow.(DMG 1)

Ivario moves to the crossbow skeleton, doging a swin from the armored skeleton. He strikes with his jaws. (DMG 7)

Aral strikes at the armored skeleton, but his spear skidds off the armor.

Duskranger
2010-06-07, 01:33 AM
Since Ivario now sees that the crossbowskeleton had two succesfull attacks to handle he gives it another bite. If in his turn the skeleton is already downed he will attack the leader.

Jallorn
2010-06-08, 04:17 PM
Aral strikes once again at the nearest skeleton.

Critical
2010-06-08, 04:24 PM
Aeon drums some kind of melody on the wall with his left hand, waiting for the battle noise to be over.

senrath
2010-06-09, 11:53 PM
Sighing, Blythe struck out once more at the nearest skeleton. He was getting tired of his constant misses.

Taking a -1 to my attack to gain 2 temp HP.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Ilriyn
2010-06-11, 09:40 PM
Limbs trembling with fatigue, Kaylee again strikes at the skeleton in front of her.

Standard action to attack nearest skeleton, unless I can move/5 ft. step to help flank a skelly without provoking an AoO.

Fouredged Sword
2010-06-12, 09:21 AM
cb 1 25
Kn 1 23
Aeon 17
Kaylee 12
Blythe 11
cb 2 10
Ivario 10
Aral 6

Blythe shrinks back to normal size

The crossbow skeleton tries to walk south to line up a shot. Instead he is savaged by Kaylee and Ivario. As the skeleton tries to move they both spring at it (DMG 9), (DMG 7), destroying it.

The armored skeleton moves to strike at Blythe, but falls on his face tripping over the body of one of the spear skeletons when he tries to attack.

Aeon drums some kind of melody on the wall with his left hand, waiting for the battle noise to be over.

Limbs trembling with fatigue, Kaylee moves to the last crossbow skeleton and strikes at it with her sword (DMG 3)

Blythe Strikes at the skeleton before him, but his club clanks off the armor.

The last crossbow takes a five foot step away from Kaylee and reloads. He then fires his crossbow at Ivario, missing.

Ivario turn to the armored skeleton and charges, catching the armored skeleton in his jaws, finishing it. (DMG 12)

Aral moves into the building and hurries over to the last skeleton, strikeing at in with his club. (DMG 4)

Blythe's strikes reset and he is granted the following, Crusader's strike, Charging Minotaur, and Vanguard Strike.

Duskranger
2010-06-12, 09:38 AM
The last skeleton gets also a bite from Ivario. Better to help his teammates and leave the skeleton well dead.
If possible he attacks the last one if necessary with a charge if not necessary he transforms in humanform instead (if all skeletons are killed/destroyed)

Critical
2010-06-12, 02:33 PM
Um, Enlarge Person is 1 min/lvl...

Aeon started whistling in addition to his tapping, stopping for a moment to say: "Oh, come on, it shouldn't be THAT hard!" Afterwards, he continued on with the tune.

Fouredged Sword
2010-06-12, 02:36 PM
OOC: sorry, Blythe is still big.

Jallorn
2010-06-12, 03:55 PM
As he stabs at the last skeleton, Aral says loudly, You think you could do better?

senrath
2010-06-13, 05:35 PM
Moving forwards, Blythe did his best to take out the final skeleton, drawing power through his weapon.

Using Crusader's Strike on the last skeleton. I'm not using Stone Power this time, since I really want to hit and heal people. I'm also not going to roll myself, since I've been doing really badly with that.

HP: 13/13

Ilriyn
2010-06-14, 10:40 AM
Moving into a flanking position, Kaylee yells as she slashes at the last remaining skeleton.

Move action to step towards the skeleton, preferably where I can help flank. Standard action to attack it.

Fouredged Sword
2010-06-15, 07:59 AM
Aeon 17
Kaylee 12
Blythe 11
cb 2 10
Ivario 10
Aral 6

Moving into a flanking position with Aral, Kaylee yells as she slashes at the last remaining skeleton. (DMG 4)

Moving forwards behind Aral to flank as well, Blythe did his best to take out the final skeleton, drawing power through his weapon. Strikeing it into pieces with the force of his blow. (roll 15 + mod)(DMG 6)

The battle is finaly over. Blythe may now direct the last bit of healing. You have 2 points from your stance and 5 points from your strike.

EXP 180
EDIT : Each

Searching the room you find
Light Crossbows x 2
Brestplates x 5
Spears x 3
Halfplate x 1
Morning star x 1
Strange Belt with three pearls on ether side with a buckle shaped like a radient sun of Palor. x 1

Duskranger
2010-06-15, 08:04 AM
Ivario changes back and looks at what the skeletons left behind.

I do not get how dogs can eat bones. They taste terrible. Really, do not try that at home. Eating those things not good for you. Anyways, what are we going to do with the stuff we found. I like the belt, I mean the symbol means power and stuff. And where are the bolts for the crossbow. Or did they fire them all.

Ivario says that while looking again round the room.

And now, what are we going to do now. Are we going to pull that cart out of the way or are we going to track around the village as soon as we find the orecart?

Fouredged Sword
2010-06-15, 08:39 AM
There are 40 bolts for a light crossbow scattered around the crossbow skeletons bodies.

Jallorn
2010-06-15, 11:20 AM
Shoot, no axe, Aral hefts the moringstar, This might do the job though. It'll be much slower though.

I'm assuming we already searched the entire place

Fouredged Sword
2010-06-15, 02:28 PM
You have found only what was in plain sight. Noone has made any kind of search check.

Jallorn
2010-06-15, 02:35 PM
I'll have a look around.

search check then: [roll0]

Fouredged Sword
2010-06-15, 02:57 PM
You find a small till behind the bar of the inn containing a few (3) small gemstones, 7 silver, and 16 copper pieces.

Ilriyn
2010-06-15, 04:40 PM
"Well, that went well." Kaylee says, as she surveys the torn up room and looks at her bruises and cuts. "One second Aral, I'll help you look."

Search: [roll0]

Hah! One higher!

Critical
2010-06-15, 05:32 PM
As everything got much more quiet, Aeon entered the building. "See, wasn't that hard, was it?" - he said, smiling. His glance immediately turned over to the belt. "Interesting belt..." - Aeon says, picking the belt up and observing it more closely. - "I'll leave it at me and I'll identify it next morning. Most likely, magical." - he says, stuffing the belt into his little backpack. "Ow, and the gemstones might be useful to me as a spell component, so hand them over as well." - he added, noticing the found gemstones. "Shall we carry on then?" - he asks, observing the group.

Fouredged Sword
2010-06-19, 08:09 PM
You move the wagon blocking the path without problem. The two greatswords make short work of the rotting wood.

OOC: blythe did some healing last round. Please state who was healed.

senrath
2010-06-19, 08:23 PM
((Whomever was the most hurt gets the healing.))

Blythe wiped his forehead of the sweat that formed at cutting through the wagon. "We should hurry. That made enough noise to be heard at home."

Duskranger
2010-06-20, 02:20 AM
I'm sorry Aeon, since you were gone I called dibs on the belt. I do not really care if it's magic or not. I just like it the way it is. If it's magic and the magic has some potency maybe we could give it to the person with the most to win by it, but for now I will keep it. And you are not the only spellcaster, I can also cast some spells. Even though mine are much more used in the care taking of herds and the healing of people. Instead of the destruction of things. Ivario says while taking the belt and putting it around his waist. After that he looks again at the others.

Shall we go on in the same way we did before this. I will take the lead. We need the cart to be in the village as soon as possible, so if we start now, maybe we'll be there in time. We can check the rest of the village later and find out why there is no life here. Ivario changes his shape again and moves forward while snuffing and checking for enemies.

Fouredged Sword
2010-06-20, 07:51 AM
New Hp Totals due to Blythes healing
Blythe 11/13
Aeon 5/6
Aral 11/12
Kaylee 8/11

Critical
2010-06-20, 09:30 AM
"Sure, I'm not the only spellcaster here, but I'm the only spellcaster able to identify the thing. Or am I mistaken?" - he says, looking Ivario. - "Oh, and putting unidentified items on is just plain stupid. It may have Pelor on it and stuff, but it might actually be cursed. Don't come to me when it tries to strangle you at night." As he finishes, he takes out his walking staff again and slowly follows the shapechanged druid. "Tch, imbecile." - Aeon says, following Ivario with his gaze.

Jallorn
2010-06-20, 02:42 PM
Both of you be quiet, we need to move and bickering doesn't help. Let's move forward, reserving his opinions for later, Aral heads down the road, towards their goal.

Ilriyn
2010-06-20, 02:50 PM
"Aral is right, we can sort things out later." Kaylee says as she continues walking down the road. "We've got to keep moving."

Critical
2010-06-21, 02:44 PM
"We're both quiet already, if you didn't notice." - Aeon said looking at Aral with not very pleasant gaze. He then turns to Kaylee - "And I do believe we're walking as well. Now, someone say something useful." The wizard continued his way, his right hand resting on the stafff he used to walk. He observed his surroundings both in disgust and admiration - obviously, magic was involved, but why should someone who did this cause such harm? It appeared that the young man was brainstorming more than ever now.

Fouredged Sword
2010-06-21, 03:26 PM
You continue walking along the street. Ivario keeps a sharp eye on every allyway you pass, but nothing moves in the darkness between the buildings.
You are about to turn a corner onto the final street, but when Ivario glances around the edge of the wall he jumps back and motions for the rest of the group to stop.

Ivario

Around the corner, in the shadow of a building there is a group of 4 zombies. Your keen eyes pick out strange runes stiched into the skin of the furthest away zombie.

The set up looks like this

1_____________
1++++++++++++
1+++++++++z++
1++++++++z+Z+
1++++++++++z+
1+++I1________
1++++1
1+ABK1
1++a+1

Letter = name
Z = special zombie
a = Aeon
A = Aral

DC 15 knowledge arcana
that is a spellstiched undead.
DC 20 Knowledge arcana
A spellstiched zombie can cast 2 first level spells a total of 4 times.

Remember that even if you don't have a knowledge you may relate what you know to others.

Duskranger
2010-06-22, 02:38 AM
I move back to where I think the zombies can't see me and transform. First I make the sign to let them all be quiet.

Sorry, but there are zombies there. And they look quite unfriendly. I wishd I could catch them with my powers of nature, but it's impossible without plantlife here. I could try it, but I am afraid that this town is really completely dead. But what do you think is the best solution. Aeon, can you please move silently towards them and check them out. I think one of them is more up in your alley. But stay on the safe side.
Than Ivario transforms back again and waits what Aeon does. If he moves for a position he can see the zombies he will move with him, as protection, if not Ivario will try to catch them all with an entangle (the zombies, not hius teammates off course)

Fouredged Sword
2010-06-22, 07:33 AM
There is enough plantlife to grow in the streets. It's weak, but it isn't completely dead.

Critical
2010-06-22, 07:54 AM
"So, you want to kill me off or something?.. That wouldn't be very wise - I'm a wizard, not a ninja. At least, my powers don't allow being one at the moment. Use your damn flower power, there should be enough plants over here." - Aeon said preparing for battle.

Ready an action to cast Caltrops on someone's way if it moves to us(and if it's not a flying opponent, of course), Cloudy Conjuration cloud right in front of Aeon as he casts it.

Duskranger
2010-06-22, 09:06 AM
I do not want that you fight I want that you look and maybe identify what's on the head of the zombie, but okay I will take care of the zobie than. Please pick up the crossbows and stay out of range of the spell and if possible hit them as much as possible. At this moment I wish I prepared the spell that let's me call up flames. But alas, I have not done that. So this should be enough. Ivario says while looking at the others if they agree with his statement of the actions.

Critical
2010-06-22, 09:24 AM
"Crossbows don't do much to zombies anyway, so forget it. Get out something slashing for them, they're just a huge mass of flesh. - he then turns his head to Ivario again. - "Describe what you saw, maybe I can figure it out."

Duskranger
2010-06-22, 03:14 PM
"I saw some strange runes engraved in one of the zombies. I can't precisely descripe them, since I am not schooled in that part. Where you are. On this part I must admit you are my master. Just like I am yours in matters like animalkeeping and housing. But I know they are not affected as much by crossbows as they are by weapons that slash of their bodyparts, but I will be useless. My teeth are made to rip and tear, not for the more accurate slashing of things. Maybe you could sneak a peek if you're carefull. I will protect you. Since I am more natural. Wolves are almost everywhere and they go to all places."

Critical
2010-06-22, 03:53 PM
"Interesting... How far away are they?"

Fouredged Sword
2010-06-22, 03:55 PM
Aeon

Knowledge Arcana DC 15
That sounds like a spellstiched undead you read about some of the books in the church.

Knowledge Arcana DC 25
A spellstitched zombie should have 2 spell level 1 spell-like abilities that it can use up to 4 total times

Duskranger
2010-06-22, 04:04 PM
If you're carefull you can peek around that corner and see them. Hopefully that is enough. Else it could be a bit dangerous. I will protect you and keep an eye on you. Guys to you too. If something goes wrong I will howl. Understood?

Critical
2010-06-22, 04:24 PM
"First things first, Ivario... I recall something about spell-stitched undead... Anyone else besides Kaylee and me knowledgable about Arcana? If so, tell what you have in mind about it, maybe I'll remember something, that's how I work." - Aeon said, turning to the group.

OOC: Asking everyone who has K: Arcana to Aid Another for Aeon with it.

Ilriyn
2010-06-22, 06:24 PM
"Spell-stitched? Nothing really comes to mind.. Wait a moment, I remember reading something about that back at the church." Kaylee pauses for a second, deep in thought as she tries to remember what she read.

I rolled a 16 on my aid another check, so that brings you to a 24 Aeon

Critical
2010-06-25, 11:55 PM
"Bah, it's just slipping away from me. Anyway, I appreciate your help, Kaylee." - he said looking at her and smiling. He then turned into position to see every member of the party and started telling them his strategy and turning to each member of the party separetely as he spoke about them. - "Alright, Blythe, you go after the zombie with the weird carvings on him. Kaylee and Aral go for the rest, while Ivario will aid you with guiding your attacks. I'll drop in grease at the right moment, so you might want to get into such position when zombies are close together and you not so much. Ready?"

Jallorn
2010-06-25, 11:59 PM
Yeah, I'm ready. Just one question: Who put you in charge? Aral smiles as he says this, clearly joking.

Duskranger
2010-06-26, 03:46 AM
Ivario looks at the group and asks: How do you expect me to aid them. I fight in wolfmode and talking is a bit impossible than. But that does not really matter. Aeon I think it's smarter that you lead the attacks from a distance. You can oversee everything ad lead us to our targets. Drop the grease just before we reach them. But further I agree with you battleplan. Let's do it.

Critical
2010-06-26, 04:17 AM
Aeon smiled at Aral's joke, but made it unresponded to. He then turned to Ivario. "I meant physically guiding their attacks, not mentally. That's my job, don't step on my toes, you know." - He smiled again, and caught himself on a thought that he actually cares about his companions. He quickly snapped out of it and returned to the battle plan. - "Oh, and they may be not so packed together to get them all into the spell's area."

Duskranger
2010-06-26, 05:01 AM
I could off course entangle them, but that's also something that would make the fighting more difficult for us. I will take your plan up and fight. First I will help with taking out the spellstistched one, whatever that is. If I flank him, the others have a bigger chance. I will distract him. So shall we do it. Ivario says while transforming.

senrath
2010-06-26, 10:25 PM
Blythe nodded and tightened his grip on his Greatsword. "Let's get this over with. And I'd like it if, in the event that the undead begin to overpower those of us up front, everyone who can flee does."

Ilriyn
2010-06-26, 11:38 PM
"I agree with Blythe", Kaylee says as she edges towards the corner, "Let's get this over with."

Jallorn
2010-06-27, 02:03 AM
Init: [roll0]

Duskranger
2010-06-27, 07:45 AM
Ivario nods in wolfform.

Critical
2010-06-27, 08:07 AM
"Good. Lets get it done." - Aeon said, nodded and prepared for battle.

Initiative: [roll0]

senrath
2010-06-27, 11:17 AM
[roll0] Please be high, please be high, please be high...

Duskranger
2010-06-27, 11:26 AM

On another totally OOC thing since we are ambushing them shouldnt we get a surpriseround and therefore have no initiative untill next round.

Critical
2010-06-27, 11:38 AM
Well, it'll go for the next round, then.

Jallorn
2010-06-27, 02:10 PM
Also, we need Init. for each other.

Duskranger
2010-06-27, 02:42 PM
I would say let the greasecaster go first and after that let the rest go. I mean the grease is an important part of the plan now isn't it. Well I think he will go first with his init though. Or second looking at mine. But that's maybe even better. I can get behind them and than he casts grease.

Ilriyn
2010-06-27, 10:48 PM
Initiative: [roll0] Whoop-dee-do... A natural 1

Fouredged Sword
2010-06-29, 03:32 PM
Init order

Ivario
Aeon
Blythe
Aral
Kaylee

State your actions. You go in this order during the suprise round, but may delay your actions as you wish. State your actions when you please.

Critical
2010-06-29, 03:40 PM
Can you describe what we see first? :smallconfused:

Fouredged Sword
2010-06-29, 07:00 PM
Sorry, forgot that I only told Ivario. Open the Ivario spoiler in post #162 on page 6.

Duskranger
2010-06-30, 02:59 AM
Ivario moves as fast as possible to the back of the spellstitched zombie. So that he will be in flanking position for his allies.

Jallorn
2010-07-06, 06:14 PM
Aral charges at the nearest zombie, spear held to stab.

Ilriyn
2010-07-07, 11:31 AM
Kaylee dashes out from around the corner, raising her greatsword above her head as she runs towards the nearest zombie. She viciously slashes at the zombie when she reaches it.

Move action to round the corner and move towards the zombie to the left of the spell-stiched zombie. Attack action to attack it with greatsword.

senrath
2010-07-07, 02:59 PM
Sighing slightly, Blythe charged at the spell-stitched zombie, his greatsword held high.

Charging, and taking a -1 to gain 2 temp HP.
[roll0] (+2 if it turns out I'm in a flanking position)
[roll1]

Current AC: 12

Fouredged Sword
2010-07-07, 07:53 PM
senrath

your roll to confirm that crit is....
roll 9, +5+2-1 soooo...

yeah, thanks for takeing out the miniboss in one hit.
just kidding. Max damage crit! Nice shot!

Very tired hands today. I will post the round tomorow morning.

Fouredged Sword
2010-07-08, 06:34 PM
The set up looks like this

1_____________
1++++++++++++
1+++++++++z++
1++++++++z+Z+
1++++++++++z+
1+++I1________
1++++1
1+ABK1
1++a+1

Letter = name
Z = special zombie
a = Aeon
A = Aral

Initiative

Ivario
Aeon
Blythe
Aral
Kaylee

Aeon has not stated his action, but we go ahead anyway.

Ivario moves as fast as possible to the back of the spellstitched zombie. So that he will be in flanking position for his allies. His quick wolvin form neatly avoids the slow zombies. When passing the spellstiched zombie, the retched creature throws itself off balance, and Ivario takes the opertunity to sholdercheck the abomination in the legs, tipping it off balance.

Then Blythe cuts the thing in half. IN HALF!!! His sword cleaves through the roten flesh like butter with the strength of his Blood and intestines fly, splattering Ivario and the other zombies. Eldrich energy crackles along Blythes blade as the last of the cursed life flows from the body, now finaly at rest.

Aral charges into a flanking position with Blythe and stabs at the zombie traped between them. The spear tip sinks into the body with good effect. Bloody icor drips from arround the haft of your weapon (5 DMG)

Kaylee takes the opertunity to charge in herself, slashing the zombie's arm from it's body. (DMG 12) Still the mindless beast stands to fight.

Aeon then cautiously looks around the corner and fires his crossbow. The bolt sinks into the zombies chest. (DMG 1) The zombie looks stuned for a second, then without any warning, falls over dead. There is a second that everyone stops to look at Aeon, who simply shrugs. "I didn't think we needed grease that badly."

New map

1_____________
1++++++++++++
1+++++++A+z+I
1++++++++++++
1+++++++K+Bz+
1+++a1________
1++++1
1++++1
1++++1

Now for the first actual round of combat. Blythe is granted Vanguard Strike.

OOC: This is suposed to be a CR 3 encounter you know! I hope you all stop rolling crazy. Nat 20 spot check on a high spot character. Then the boss creature rolls TWO natural ones in a row to botch the AoO, then to determine the effect of the botch! Max damage critical hit charge on the most dangerous creature with the parties hardest hitter. Oh, well, the dice gods must like this group. Grumble grumble grumble....

Jallorn
2010-07-08, 06:57 PM
Aral thrusts at the zombie again, aiming to drive his spear straight through it's neck to sever the spine.

Duskranger
2010-07-09, 02:07 AM
Ivario moves 5' forward and makes an attempt to bite the zombie. Allready disgusted by the ichor on him.

OOC:
And so you can see that with good teamwork even a CR3 encounter can be easily diverted with the right means. But FourEdged, don't forget if the zombie was not critted and still alive he would have caused mayhem with us for sure.

Fouredged Sword
2010-07-09, 02:26 AM
moving OOC conversation to OOC. I don't want to clutter up the actions too much. In the future I will make my sarcastic remarks there.

Critical
2010-07-09, 04:45 PM
Aeon claps his hands. "Good job everyone, even easier than I thought it would be." - he says, and shifts his view towards those with zombie pieces splattered across them. - "Make sure to clean yourself though, because these mindless abominations do not."

Ilriyn
2010-07-11, 04:49 PM
Kaylee stares at the fallen zombie at her feet, and says with a smile, "Nice teamwork Aeon." She then brings her attention back to the battle, and charges towards another zombie.

Full-round action to charge the zombie that Blythe is threatening, taking the path that would avoid an AoO from the other zombie.

AC dropped to 13 because of the charge.

senrath
2010-07-12, 06:09 PM
Whipping around, Blythe attempted to bisect the zombie standing next to him.

Shifting into Martial Spirit stance, since I keep forgetting to. Whomever is hurt the most gets the healing.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Fouredged Sword
2010-07-12, 06:24 PM
Kaylee heals two points due to the healing last turn. She is now at 10 Hp.

Fouredged Sword
2010-07-18, 07:06 PM
Ivario
Aeon
Blythe
Aral
Kaylee

Ivario bites at the zombie before him, catching it in the back of the neck with his jaws, tearing savagely at it's spine, dealing a weak, but criticaly placed blow! (damge 9)

Blythe, emboldened by his friends hit, strikes at his foe as well, cutting deeply into undead fleash, almost strikeing another critical hit himself. (damage 11).

Someone heals 2 HP

Aral steps forward to flank for Ivario, strikeing forward with his spear, sabbing dead, unresponsive fleash with the steely point! (damage 2)

Kaylee steps to strike the zombie that is being attacked by Ivario and Aral, trusting Blythe to finnish of his foe, she fails to get quite enough room to charge, but manages to cut deep into the zombie with her father's blade. (damage 12) sending it into it's final sleep once and for all.

Aeon claps his hands. "Good job everyone, even easier than I thought it would be." - he says, and shifts his view towards those with zombie pieces splattered across them. - "Make sure to clean yourself though, because these mindless abominations do not."

The last zombie strikes at Blythe, but the vile fleash slides of the magic protection that shields him.

And to finish up combat I will just rush through the last round.

Blythe uses crusaders strike to smash the last zombie dealing 9 damage. Someone heals 2 damage and someone else heals 5.

The zombie then dies as the rest of the party curb stomps it with everyone else. (seriously, between the lot of you, you can seal one more HP damage, I don't think I need to roll)

And with that I find combat to be over. The party gains 180 exp each.

With all of that healing The final HP totals for the party are as follows

Blythe 13/13
Aeon 5/6
Aral 12/12
Kaylee 11/11
Ivario 9/9

The party is free to continue onward, I will be back post more soon. It is time you lot got to the blacksmiths!

EDIT:

at long last the party reaches the blacksmiths. A rotting wooden sign hangs off rusty hinges and creaks in the wind. There are two entrences to the blacksmiths, the stable doors and the entrance to the smiths itself. The memories of the last time a door was opened is still freash in your minds as you move closer from the west.

_____0_1_..1___

0 is the door to the blacksmiths.

You hear the sound of a hammer on steel ringing in the forge, despite the lack of smoke from the chimny

DC 15 listen check
You hear a muffled voice from inside the blacksmiths

DC 20 listen check
the voice is a string of complaints about endless work, something about somebody named Ne-zar, and his endless demands for armor. There is only one voice, no replies to the complaints.

Duskranger
2010-07-19, 03:38 AM
Ivario changes back to human form and spits out a bit of rotten flesh from the zombie he has bitten.

That is the most disgusting thing I have ever tasted. Believe me guys, you do not want to bite in them. At this moment I wish I was like you Blythe or Kaylee. He says directly after the battle with the zombies, after some flushing with water from his waterskin he looks towards his friends and changes back. Than he moves forward keeping an eye and an ear on everything.

ListenChecks: [roll0]<- see fouredged you jinxed me:smallbiggrin:

Critical
2010-07-19, 03:40 AM
[roll0]

"Very well, shall we move on?" - Aeon says, getting his walking stick out and stepping forward to the rest of the party.

Fouredged Sword
2010-07-19, 09:47 AM
Remember that you all heard the sounds of the forge with no need to roll, it is very obvious.

Oh, and the hammering stops.

another
DC 15 listen check
The voice cuts short.

DC 20 listen check
You hear footsteps moving twards the door.

Critical
2010-07-19, 10:35 AM
[roll0]

Aeon suddenly wakes up from his thoughts and turns into the direction of the chimney. "...Undead blacksmith?.." That certainly intrigued him. "Hey, lets check the noise out."

Fouredged Sword
2010-07-22, 06:33 PM
The door to the blacksmith opens and a well dressed zombie walks out. He has on a well made suit of chainmail and a sickle is tucked into his belt. He is far more human like than any other undead you have seen and he clearly has his a mind behind his eyes. He looks very suprised to see the five of you standing in the street.

"Humans? what are you doing here. I didn't think any humans where left in this area. I thought the invasion killed all of you. Where have you been hideing all these years?"

Sense motive DC 16
He is not as friendly as he seems.

Jallorn
2010-07-22, 06:36 PM
Sense the Motive!: [roll0]

Ow, a 1...

We aren't from this area, we travel around a lot, Aral speaks up for the group first, It's dangerous, but we've killed plenty of undead in our time that the danger doesn't worry us much.

Initimidate check to be rolled.

Jallorn
2010-07-22, 06:44 PM
Intimidate Check: [roll0]

Critical
2010-07-22, 06:50 PM
Sense Motive - [roll0]

Aeon looks completely surprised when he hears speech. "An intelligent one? Interesting... How many more of you are here?"

senrath
2010-07-22, 06:57 PM
"I'm something of a blacksmith myself. Mind if I look at your work?" Blythe said, trying to look past the undead into the forge.

[roll0]
Blythe couldn't sense the motive of a person baring down on him with a weapon and saying "My motive is your death!".

Fouredged Sword
2010-07-22, 08:58 PM
"not from around here hu? My name is Malcovitch, nice to meet you." Says the zombie blacksmith. "well then I bet Ne-zar will want to talk to you pretty bad." He motions to the door of the blacksmiths and two zombies chainmail shamble out wielding micked looking scythes, followed by two skeletons in less restrictive chain shirts wielding longbows. They take up a formation around the blacksmith, with the skeletons in back and the zombies infrount of him to each side.

"It is nice to see you folks in these parts then." he continues, not bothering to hide the malice in his eyes. "I'd like you to come have dinner in the castle with me and meet Na-zar. To make things clear, I am not makeing a request."

Positions at the moment

______________0_1_..1___
.....K......Z...........
.......B......M.S.......
.....a.A........S.......
......I.....Z...........

a = Aeon
A = Aral
M = Malcovitch
Z = sythe zombie
S = longbow skeleton

Jallorn
2010-07-22, 09:16 PM
Init: [roll0]

Aral leaps at Malcovitch crying, For Bahamut!!!

Duskranger
2010-07-23, 01:54 AM
Sense Motive (in case):[roll0]

Initiative: [roll1]

Ivario howls and after that charges one of the longbow skeletons.
Sticks and stones may break your bones, but my teeth will grind them to dust. Ivario thinks while charging and howling.

Critical
2010-07-23, 04:12 AM
Aeon lifted his hands up releasing them from the cloth of the robe and got into defensive posture. "Gentlemen?" - he said with a smile on his face, while looking at the undead.

Init - [roll0]

Ilriyn
2010-07-23, 12:45 PM
"Maybe next time", Kaylee undertones as she prepares herself for battle.

Please don't be a 1, please don't be a 1... :D

Fouredged Sword
2010-07-23, 01:37 PM
Start of combat setup

Initiative

Aeon - 27
Blythe - 17
Ivario - 16
Kaylee - 10
Aral - 3

Combat positions

0abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwx
1______________0_1_..1___
2.....K......Z...........
3.......B......M.S.......
4.....a.A........S.......
5......I.....Z...........
6________________________

State your first round actions if you please. If you have done so already then wait a bit. I rolled Blythe's init to speed things along, so he can just post his action.

Critical
2010-07-23, 02:10 PM
Aeon, seeing the current disposition as ineffective, stepped forward and got into defensive posture.

5-foot step to the right, full defense. And you should label the grid with numbers and letters, for easing up telling where do we want our character to move.

Fouredged Sword
2010-07-23, 02:42 PM
Good suggestion.

senrath
2010-07-23, 04:38 PM
Roaring, Blythe charged forwards, body checking zombie blacksmith.

Maneuvers came up as Charging Minotaur, Leading the Attack, and Vanguard Strike.

Swift action to shift into Martial Spirit stance. Using Charging Minotaur on Malcovitch. This is a charge (and bullrush) that doesn't provoke AoOs, and does damage if successful. No attack roll, but instead an opposed Strength check.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Maneuvers left: Leading the Attack, Vanguard Strike

Fouredged Sword
2010-07-27, 08:51 AM
Ok, starting the first round of combat.

2.....K......Z...........
3.......B......M.S.......
4.....a.A........S.......
5......I.....Z...........

Aeon, seeing the current disposition as ineffective, stepped forward and got into defensive posture.

Roaring, Blythe charged forwards, body checking zombie blacksmith, throwing him back into the skeleton behind him. (DMG 4). You note he seems as resilent as a normal zombie to impact as he shrugs off the blow. (no attack roll, no healing though)

Ivario howls and after that charges one of the longbow skeletons.
"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but my teeth will grind them to dust." Ivario thinks while charging and howling. He easily passes through the attacks of the first line of zombies, and his jaws meet undead bone, shattering the spine of the skeleton (dmg 12), killing it.

Malcovitch swears and takes a five foot step north. He turns to face Blythe and casts a spell! Blythe is filled with fear and will be forced to run next round. (three rounds of fear)

Spellcraft DC 16
Cause fear

The remaining skeleton takes a step north as well and fires his longbow at Ivario, but the string of the bow snaps! (crit fail)

Kaylee charges the nearest zombie and slashes at it with her sword, slashing it deeply, cutting through thick chainmail. (dmg 14)

The zombie turns and returns the favor with his scythe, slashing her back, but misses as she nimbly dodges out of the way.

The second zombie moves and attacks Ivario, slashing at the nimble wolf and strikeing him, cutting deep into his sholder. (DMG 6)

Aral charges past Blythe screaming "For Bahamut!!!", stabing visiously with his spear, sinking the tip into unfeeling flesh. (DMG 4)

Ivario heals one point of damage due to Aral's healing aura. (current Hp 4).

Final positions

2...........KZ..MS.......
3.............BA.........
4......a........I........
5..............Z.........

Blythe recovers Crusader's Strike.

Duskranger
2010-07-27, 09:10 AM
Spellcraft: [roll0]

I hate it when the opponent crits. Or rolls at least very good. Since my AC is 22 (okay 20 because of charge).

Ivario moves towards the other skeleton and tries to take that one out in one bite (no charge, he needs his AC too much apparently).

Ivario will try to take out the skeletons first, after that he will move in flanking position and attack the big bad zombie. He will needto look out though since his body will not be able to take much of those hits. This is all because he can't talk. If someone has a better idea pleast state it IC. Your characters can talk. We need a strategy.

senrath
2010-07-27, 09:19 AM
Crying out, Blythe moved as fast as he could away from the source of his fear.

Using a full round action to Withdraw, so I can avoid AoOs.

Critical
2010-07-28, 06:58 AM
Spellcraft - [roll0]

"Get the mage!" - Aeon yelled as he saw Malcovitch cast a spell. Unfortunately, Ammon himself couldn't help out much in this situation, so he just stepped a little bit forward again in his defensive posture.

Action - same as last round.

Ilriyn
2010-07-28, 08:26 PM
Focused on the enemy before her, Kaylee hardly realizes what is happening to the rest of the party. She lunges at the zombie, slashing hard with her greatsword.

Attack action to attack the zombie in front of me.

Jallorn
2010-07-30, 10:55 PM
Aral continues to assault Malcovitch, his face set in a grimace of concentration.

Fouredged Sword
2010-07-31, 09:14 AM
3.............BA.........
4......a........I........
5..............Z.........

Zomb 2 - 6
Zomb 1 - 5
Aral - 3

"Get the mage!" - Aeon yelled as he saw Malcovitch cast a spell. Unfortunately, Ammon himself couldn't help out much in this situation, so he just stepped a little bit forward again in his defensive posture.

Crying out, Blythe moved as fast as he could away from the source of his fear.

Ivario takes a five foot step and attacks the last skeleton, but misses.

Malcovitch look iritated by being backed into a wall. He atempts to cast a spell, but fails to concentrate. Ivario and Aral get a chance to attack, but the attacks both miss. Malcovitch then reaches out and touches Aral. The touch burn with unholy pain. (DMG 9)

Spellcraft DC 16
Inflict Light Wounds

The skeleton archer uses his claw to swipe at Ivario, but the wolf is far to nimble.

Focused on the enemy before her, Kaylee hardly realizes what is happening to the rest of the party. She lunges at the zombie, slashing hard with her greatsword, but she fails to conect through the thick chainmail.

The Zombie retaliates and slashes at Kaylee with his scythe. The curved tip cuts through Kaylee's magical protection. (dmg 5)

The second zombie moves to Ivario and attacks as well, but this time the scythe fails to meet flesh, and the tip strikes cobblestones as Ivario dodges away.

Aral continues to assault Malcovitch, his face set in a grimace of concentration. He lands another heavy blow to unfealing zombie flesh. (Dmg 5).

Ivario, Aral, and Kaylee each heals 1 point of damage. HP totals are
Ivario - 5hp
Aral - 4hp
Kaylee - 7hp

Fianl positons

3..............A.I.......
4.B.....a.......Z........

Blythe recovers his last strike and is far enough away that he no longer needs to run.

Duskranger
2010-07-31, 10:15 AM
Ivario looks wild to the skeleton and attacks the skeleton again. Growling he tries to bite down on the bones.

Spellcraft: [roll0]

Critical
2010-07-31, 10:19 AM
The situation was looking much worse, so Aeon decided to jump in and help Kaylee, distracting the zombie. "Do it, Kaylee!" - he said, pretending to try and hit the zombie.

Spellcraft - [roll0]
Aid Another for Kaylee for +2 to attack - [roll1]

Jallorn
2010-07-31, 10:26 AM
Though in pain, Aral continues to hammer on Malcovitch, he knows that the pain isn't going away until the zombie does.

Fouredged Sword
2010-08-03, 09:35 AM
2...........K...MS.......
3..............A.I.......
4.B.....a.......Z........

Zomb 1 - 5

The situation was looking much worse, so Aeon decided to jump in and help Kaylee, distracting the zombie. He runs and gets into a flanking position. "Do it, Kaylee!" - he said, pretending to try and hit the zombie. The zombie ignores him.

Blythe continues to hold his position to afraid to join combat.

Ivario looks wild to the skeleton and attacks the skeleton again. Growling he tries to bite down on the bones. His bite conects, tearing the frail bones to pieces.

Ivario then takes a five foot step into the place the skeleton was.

Malcovitch cast a spell again (same as last spell). He cast defensivly and reaches out to touch Aral. His hand brushes him and Aral colapses into uncontiousness (DMG 8) Aral is not at -4 hp. He passes out and falls to the ground.

Kaylee sees her friend drop to the ground and attacks the zombie before her with renued vigor, cutting down the shambleing corpse.

The last zombie steps and attacks Ivario, but seriously, it's hard to hit Ivario.

Aral - For your eyes only

You fall and the pain overwhelms you. You feel as if you are in a deep dark cavern. You hear the breathing of a huge beast in the cavern with you. Out of the dark comes the giant platinum head of a dragon. You then know that you are in the presence of Bahamut.

Images flash before your eyes. You see an old brass dragon siting in a cave stoking a fire with his breath. He lifts a piece of armor out of the fire and holds it to an anvil. He then begins to forge it, using his bare hands as hammer and tongs. He looks at you with his metallic eyes before the image fades. You know that when you are ready, you are to come.

You see four others. A bronze wizard, a gold knight, a copper thief, and a silver cleric. Each bears his own destiny. You know that you will someday meet, but each bears his own path. You see five more. A red paladin, a black ninja, a green druid, a blue sorcerer, and a white barbarian. You feel a disgust for them, but know that they are not your fight.

These thing will be. Your place is among them, but you must have your own path. The last of the dragons depend on you. You must not fail them. There will be much uncertainty in your future you feel, but there is one thing you know for sure. You have been called, and your heart will answer.

Critical
2010-08-06, 08:26 PM
Aeon steps to Malcovitch, spinning his staff on the way. "Time for me to step in!" - he says, smiling.

[roll0] - Attack
[roll1] - Damage

Ilriyn
2010-08-07, 12:35 AM
With a cry of defiance, Kaylee charges the leader of the zombies, praying that Pelor will aid her attack.

Full-round action to charge Malconvich.

senrath
2010-08-07, 09:15 AM
Trying to shake off the fear that he he felt, Blythe held fast, focusing on defense.

Taking a total defense. Holding still.

Current AC: 20

Duskranger
2010-08-08, 11:18 AM
Ivario takes up a flanking position on Malcovitch and he tries to rip big pieces of rotting zombie meat away with his teeth.

Fouredged Sword
2010-08-08, 04:35 PM
2...........K.a.MI.......
3..............A.........
4.B.............Z........

Kaylee - 10
Zomb 1 - 5
Aral - 3

Aeon steps to Malcovitch, spinning his staff on the way. "Time for me to step in!" - he says, smiling. His attack misses a snarling Malcovitch.

Ivario then takes a hunk out of his leg while he is distracted. (DMG 3) The zombie Malcovitch looks in shambles, but his dark eyes show no fear.

Malcovitch turns and attacks his quick foe, but his sickle misses it's mark.

With a cry of defiance, Kaylee charges the leader of the zombies, praying that Pelor will aid her attack. She stands over her fallen ally and swings her sword with a mighty cry, cutting down Malcovitch.

But as his body falls a dark shadow lifts from his flesh. His dark eyes still gleam from his face. A malicious grin splits his transparent face.

"You will have to do better than that to kill me, mortals." He gloats. "I am one of the chosen of the Endless Night. You will fall before me, now or another day, but you will fall. The age of the living gods is over. You will fall before the Endless Night, you will fall before the Neverborn!"

The last zombie punctuates that speach with a slash of his scythe at Kaylee. She dodges, but you are all unsettled by a foe who will not fall.

Fouredged Sword
2010-08-08, 04:37 PM
2...........K.a.MI.......
3..............A.........

Aeon steps to Malcovitch, spinning his staff on the way. "Time for me to step in!" - he says, smiling. His attack misses a snarling Malcovitch.

Ivario then takes a hunk out of his leg while he is distracted. (DMG 3) The zombie Malcovitch looks in shambles, but his dark eyes show no fear.

Malcovitch turns and attacks his quick foe, but his sickle misses it's mark.

With a cry of defiance, Kaylee charges the leader of the zombies, praying that Pelor will aid her attack. She stands over her fallen ally and swings her sword with a mighty cry, cutting down Malcovitch.

But as his body falls a dark shadow lifts from his flesh. His dark eyes still gleam from his face. A malicious grin splits his transparent face.

"You will have to do better than that to kill me, mortals." He gloats. "I am one of the chosen of the Endless Night. You will fall before me, now or another day, but you will fall. The age of the living gods is over. You will fall before the Endless Night, you will fall before the Neverborn!"

The last zombie punctuates that speach with a slash of his scythe at Kaylee. She dodges, but you are all unsettled by a foe who will not fall.

Aral bleeds to -5 hp

Blythe's fear ends.

2..............aMI.......
3..............K.........

Ilriyn
2010-08-10, 11:57 PM
Not while I and my companions are standing, Kaylee yells. As she pulls two flasks of holy water from her belt, she whispers, "Now die, fiend." She also holds out an additional flask, unable to take the cap off, but hoping that one of her companions could make good use of it.

Ranged touch attack with Holy Water against Malconvitch.
Ranged touch attack: [roll0]

:smallmad: Epic Failure.

Duskranger
2010-08-11, 07:27 AM
Ivario changes into human form, and looks at Kaylee: Please give me also a flask, maybe I have more luck in taking the guy down. I hate the taste of their meat, so please guys can somebody else take the last piece of unnatural trash outside.
Ivario holds up his hand waiting until he will get the flask from Kaylee.

Delaying my turn to get a flask of Holy Water from Kaylee.

Healcheck: [roll0]

OOC:
FourEdged is it allowed to keep the heal check as a ranged touch attack in this case?

Critical
2010-08-11, 07:29 AM
Aeon's eyes widen as he sees what Malcovitch really is. Perhaps, it was a time for a retreat... Aeon takes a step back and attempts to stop Aral's bleeding at best of his abilities. "Don't die, you prick!"

5-foot step to N-3, heal attempt to stabilize Aral.

[roll0]
:cool:

senrath
2010-08-11, 01:14 PM
Carefully, Blythe moved back into the fray. "Hang on, I'm coming!"

Double move to N4.

Fouredged Sword
2010-08-12, 09:21 AM
Aeon's eyes widen as he sees what Malcovitch really is. Perhaps, it was a time for a retreat... Aeon takes a step back and attempts to stop Aral's bleeding at best of his abilities. "Don't die, you prick!" Aral stabalizes quickly.

Carefully, Blythe moved back into the fray. "Hang on, I'm coming!"

Kaylee then draws two vials of holy water and hands one to Ivario. Both splash the water at Malcovitch, but Kaylee misses her mark. Ivario's vial hit's it's target though, and a flash of steam hisses from the point of contact. (DMG 3)

Malcovitch then howels in pain. "I will kill all of you retched flesh sacks!" He moves to merge with the last zombie on the field. As the dark mist that is Malcovitch merges with the zombie it's fleash destorts and his face apears on it's head. It's limbs return some life like looks.

He attacks Kaylee with his new body, slashing hard with his scythe. He misses his attack in his reckless anger.

3.............aKI........
4.............B.M........

Blythe is granted Crusader's Strike, Vanguard Strike, and Leading the Attack.

Duskranger
2010-08-12, 12:54 PM
Ivario looks at Kaylee, he transforms and moves into a flanking position and than lets with a face filled with disgust sink his teeth into Malcovitch's body.

Ilriyn
2010-08-13, 12:00 PM
Channeling her arcane energy into her hand, Kaylee reaches out and tries to attack the possessed zombie. With her other hand, she reaches down to her belt and pulls an additional flask of holy water, holding it out to one of her companions.

Move action to draw a flask of holy water, Standard action to cast Chill Touch and attack Malconvitch with it.

Melee Touch Attack: [roll0] (:smalleek::smalleek::smalleek:)
Panic Duration: [roll1]
Will Save DC 14

Critical
2010-08-13, 12:23 PM
"Get the hell away!" - Aeon yelled, grabbing Kaylee's flask with holy water and throwing it at the last Malcovitch.

Ready action to grab Kaylee's flask and throw it at Malco.

[roll0] - Ranged Touch Attack
[roll1] - Damage

senrath
2010-08-15, 02:33 PM
Taking a step forwards, Blythe lashed out at the last zombie. "Die, you abomination!"

Five-foot step towards the zombie, then using Crusader's strike. Aral will get its healing and Martial Spirit's healing if I hit.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2] (Includes Martial Spirit's healing as well)