PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Red wizard in trouble

weenie
2010-05-10, 05:16 AM
I'm in dire need of forum assistance. I built a lvl20 red wizard for an oncoming super optimized campaign and I was relying on 5 simulacrums of myself, to use all their spell slots to power my circle magic, but my DM has ruled, that simulacrums don't have spellcasting abilities. Is there any other way for me to get my daily dose of circle levels? Leadership is apparently also out :smallfrown:

Oh, books allowed are PhB, MM1, DMG and SpC.

Eldariel
2010-05-10, 05:20 AM
I'm in dire need of forum assistance. I built a lvl20 red wizard for an oncoming super optimized campaign and I was relying on 5 simulacrums of myself, to use all their spell slots to power my circle magic, but my DM has ruled, that simulacrums don't have spellcasting abilities. Is there any other way for me to get my daily dose of circle levels? Leadership is apparently also out :smallfrown:

Oh, books allowed are PhB, MM1, DMG and SpC.

Gate/Planar Binding, with doses of Programmed Amnesia or similars as necessary. PAO into Human to qualify, and make 'em take Tattoo Focus through Psychic Reformation or whatever.

Ernir
2010-05-10, 05:27 AM
Planar binding.

(It solves everything ever, by the way.)

weenie
2010-05-10, 06:05 AM
Ok, but which monsters should I bind? The only one I could find with wizard spellcasting in the mm1 is the aboleth mage. And if i polymorph him into a human, won't his int drop to 10?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2010-05-10, 06:12 AM
"It appears to be the same as the original, but it has only one-half of the real creature’s levels or Hit Dice (and the appropriate hit points, feats, skill ranks, and special abilities for a creature of that level or HD)."

Ask him if he's going to houserule any of the other characters' shick to not work, or if he's only going to pick on you.

weenie
2010-05-10, 06:25 AM
"It appears to be the same as the original, but it has only one-half of the real creature’s levels or Hit Dice (and the appropriate hit points, feats, skill ranks, and special abilities for a creature of that level or HD)."

Ask him if he's going to houserule any of the other characters' shick to not work, or if he's only going to pick on you.

I don't believe he's being unfair on purpose, he probably just doesn't want me creating an army of pseudo tarasques and destroy the world..

Ok, how about this: Instead of killing enemy wizards, I could capture a few mid-leveled ones(so they don't pose a threat if they escape), dominate them, and juice them for spells every morning. This should work, right?

KillianHawkeye
2010-05-10, 07:35 AM
Ok, how about this: Instead of killing enemy wizards, I could capture a few mid-leveled ones(so they don't pose a threat if they escape), dominate them, and juice them for spells every morning. This should work, right?

Definitely. Dominate person: when planar binding is just overkill. :smallwink::smallbiggrin:

Reynard
2010-05-10, 07:43 AM
I don't believe he's being unfair on purpose, he probably just doesn't want me creating an army of pseudo tarasques and destroy the world.

If he's nerfing simulacrum to stop you using circle magic, he might stop you finding other ways around it. Just tell him you won't break the game on purpose, and that if it happens by accident, you'll play as a monk next campaign.

balistafreak
2010-05-10, 07:49 AM
Just tell him you won't break the game on purpose, and that if it happens by accident, you'll play as a monk next campaign.

You have a sick mind, my friend, for suggesting that punishment. :smallwink: