PDA

View Full Version : A naughty vampire and a un-nice paladin.

Souhiro
2010-05-10, 05:57 AM
Well, To make a long story short.

An anoying players plays an anoying paladin.
GM, players and PCs grew a lot of hate of him.

PC Vampire Girl of the enemies group (It is a multi-party game) lure the paladin into a trap, Flesh-To-Stone him, and beheads him. All the parties are happy (horray!) But the (forced) companions of the paladin meets with the obligation to search him. Since he was wearing an standard armor, and hasn't any special characteristic (no special pome on the sword, nor his glyph on the shield, nor a cool logo on the armor, the headless statue were just "one vulgar statue among all the others")

The Player of the paladin gives up his pitiful live and made a new character (a semiorc monk girl)

Now I want to know. If he had friends (he had forced friends), would they had been able to...
1) to use Scrying or other divination spell to find the Stone-Paladin-Body and the Stone-Paladin-Head?
2) Make Whole the SP-Body and SP-Head=
3) and finally, Stone-to-Flesh the result, without any level loss?

It is just to add insult to the injury.

PD: The Vampire Girl is now our hero!

Drekk
2010-05-10, 06:31 AM
Maybe. Depends on the type and level of divination.

If you're worried the DM is going to bring him back as a vengeful NPC, simply dust the status and head, rather than letting them remain whole. It will be practical AND a cathartic release; good luck collecting even a fraction of the dusty remains scattered by the four winds. :smallamused:

Boci
2010-05-10, 06:46 AM
Maybe. Depends on the type and level of divination.

If you're worried the DM is going to bring him back as a vengeful NPC, simply dust the status and head, rather than letting them remain whole. It will be practical AND a cathartic release; good luck collecting even a fraction of the dusty remains scattered by the four winds. :smallamused:

Isn't the proper response here stone to mud, then purify water? They aren't dead, so they cannot be raised, but they will never bother you again.

KillianHawkeye
2010-05-10, 07:33 AM
use Scrying or other divination spell to find the Stone-Paladin-Body and the Stone-Paladin-Head?

I don't think scrying will work on the stoned Paladin, since he's not really a creature anymore and the spell doesn't work on objects. Maybe some other divination, though.

As for make whole -> stone to flesh, that should work as long as they've got all the pieces of him.

DragonBaneDM
2010-05-10, 10:47 AM
So his semi-orc, what are your plans for that? Does he seem better or are you gonna have to bribe the other party to take him down?

Cogidubnus
2010-05-10, 11:19 AM
Possibly the best take down I've read in a while. As for your question, I guess it depends on the DM.

ScionoftheVoid
2010-05-10, 12:16 PM
1) to use Scrying or other divination spell to find the Stone-Paladin-Body and the Stone-Paladin-Head?
2) Make Whole the SP-Body and SP-Head=
3) and finally, Stone-to-Flesh the result, without any level loss?

1) A Divination that works on objects would be needed to find them.
2) A subject restored from petrification has whatever damage was inflicted on the statue they became, Make Whole may or may not fix said damage sufficiently (though it probably would). Ask your DM.
3) Anyone being Stone-to-Flesh-ed makes a Fortitude save (DC 15), if they pass they return to normal with no negative effects apart from any damage that their statue took. If they fail they do not survive the process.

Edit: Cruel suggestion: Locate and Make Whole the statue. Cast Animate Object on it (Permanancied). You now have the Paladin's help in combat without the attitude. Evil laughter is optional but recommended.

Oracle_Hunter
2010-05-10, 12:17 PM
Isn't the proper response here stone to mud, then purify water? They aren't dead, so they cannot be raised, but they will never bother you again.
Gosh, that's cruel.

On the downside, this may create Schrodinger's Paladin - he is neither alive nor dead, so you can't gain the satisfaction of killing him :smalltongue:

krossbow
2010-05-10, 12:17 PM
Now, why is it that its such a cause for cheering because a paladin dies?

ScionoftheVoid
2010-05-10, 12:23 PM
Now, why is it that its such a cause for cheering because a paladin dies?

It sounded to me like this particular Paladin was being unpleasant, I didn't see any hate for the Paladin because they were a Paladin. I did read the OP before having dessert whilst typing my reply though so I may be misremembering it.

Kurald Galain
2010-05-10, 12:33 PM

Sure, but that's a technicality. I'm reasonably sure most DMs would rule this combination of spells to, you know, kill the poor pally.

Frosty
2010-05-10, 12:37 PM
I think in this case the most expedient course of action is to cast "Honest Exposition" to tell the paladin's player that no one in the group likes him ands he should leave and never come back.

DragonBaneDM
2010-05-10, 01:44 PM
I think in this case the most expedient course of action is to cast "Honest Exposition" to tell the paladin's player that no one in the group likes him ands he should leave and never come back.

I second this. However, if his semi-orc does better then I think he should get a second chance.

Souhiro
2010-05-18, 03:20 PM
Well, the orcgirl has been WORST.

She comes without any rations, and she met the rest of the PC in a dungeon. So, when she travelled back to the capital city, she rolled her survival skill, and rolled an 1. Fail.

The GM said that she found some mushrooms, and when she ate'em, well... those weren't poisonous mushroom, but hallucinogens! (A fail is a fail, but the GM wanted to be a funny fail) That would be a great situation to see...but the Player, instead, begun to cry and shout, saying that "He was being the PC".

When the party reached the town (two days later) the orcish girl still was shouting and acting like drugged (more than 48 hors had passed!) So, the Omnipotent, Omniscient, and Very Magnificent GM, in his Very Magnificent Wisdom, dicted that:
1.- The guards of the main gate of the city have the Orc Orc Girl arrested for the crime of being an Orc, a Drugged Orc.
2.- The magistrates sold her as a galley slave, for two eternities
3.- a wizard of the court permanent-maximiced-touch-of-idiocy her (using specially designed GM's spells)
4.- and invited the player to get out of his house and come back "When he will call".

He hasn't called him, yet.

-- Sorry about my grammar, Yo hablo español

Greenish
2010-05-18, 03:23 PM
Well, the orcgirl has been WORST.

She comes without any rations, and she met the rest of the PC in a dungeon. So, when she travelled back to the capital city, she rolled her survival skill, and rolled an 1. Fail.

The GM said that she found some mushrooms, and when she ate'em, well... those weren't poisonous mushroom, but hallucinogens! (A fail is a fail, but the GM wanted to be a funny fail) That would be a great situation to see...but the Player, instead, begun to cry and shout, saying that "He was being the PC".

When the party reached the town (two days later) the orcish girl still was shouting and acting like drugged (more than 48 hors had passed!) So, the Omnipotent, Omniscient, and Very Magnificent GM, in his Very Magnificent Wisdom, dicted that:
1.- The guards of the main gate of the city have the Orc Orc Girl arrested for the crime of being an Orc, a Drugged Orc.
2.- The magistrates sold her as a galley slave, for two eternities
3.- a wizard of the court permanent-maximiced-touch-of-idiocy her (using specially designed GM's spells)
4.- and invited the player to get out of his house and come back "When he will call".

He hasn't called him, yet.

-- Sorry about my grammar, Yo hablo españolYou know, not being jerks could have been an option, too.

Coidzor
2010-05-18, 03:26 PM
...You just cast your group in a very unfavorable light.

I mean, honestly, make him pay some kinda token gp cost to get rations from the other PCs if he fails rather than taking the character away from him, not giving the character back, and then going through this long and drawn out process of irrevocably destroying the character before kicking him out of the house.

Simply because he was upset about having his character taken away after you all ganged up to ensure that his previous character was permanently removed from play without even killing him, and made a rookie mistake of not having paid for rations during character generation.

Granted, we don't have the full details, but.. because of the information we do have... x.x gah

SlyGuyMcFly
2010-05-18, 04:31 PM
Gosh, that's cruel.

On the downside, this may create Schrodinger's Paladin - he is neither alive nor dead, so you can't gain the satisfaction of killing him :smalltongue:

Alternatively, you have a 50% chance at any given moment of feeling that satisfaction.

Or maybe you create two paralel universes, the you in one of them is feeling satisfied. The other isn't.

Mystic Muse
2010-05-18, 05:00 PM
stoned Paladin

wait. How did the Paladin get high after he was turned to stone?:smalltongue:

Pechvarry
2010-05-18, 07:15 PM
Yeah, this sort of "gang up" treatment results in a cycle of an unpleasant player becoming even more unpleasant. While I can't stand people who play paladins like it's their divine purpose to be a stick-in-the-mud, I hope this guy wises up and finds new friends.

I'd seriously consider physical violence towards your GM as an alternative to RPing with you guys. And I'm a wuss.

Flame of Anor
2010-05-18, 08:47 PM
Now, remember that we don't know the guy. It could be he's really horrible. Of course, if he's not, then the reaction was pretty nasty.

Greenish
2010-05-18, 08:48 PM
Now, remember that we don't know the guy. It could be he's really horrible. Of course, if he's not, then the reaction was pretty nasty.Even if the other guy is a jerk doesn't mean you should be, too.

…Or so my mommy told me.

Mystic Muse
2010-05-19, 12:15 AM
Even if the other guy is a jerk doesn't mean you should be, too.

…Or so my mommy told me.

Your mommy was correct.

Lycan 01
2010-05-19, 12:44 AM
The first one was funny. The second is kinda... I dunno. Sounds kinda like overkill, but we don't really know the whole story. This guy could be one of "those guys" who shows up to eat all the food, disrespect the other players, and powergame for his own enjoyment. Or it could just be a guy who has no idea what he's doing, made a few mistakes, and is now being ostracised, or however you spell the fancy word for shunned.

Coidzor
2010-05-19, 01:08 AM
Now, remember that we don't know the guy. It could be he's really horrible. Of course, if he's not, then the reaction was pretty nasty.

Indeed, the problem is that since we don't have... more information... it just... casts an unfavorable light on the group as a whole.

Greenish
2010-05-19, 01:12 AM
T…is now being ostracised, or however you spell the fancy word for shunned.Ostrichized. http://www.hedweb.com/animimag/ostrich-hotlinks.jpgActually, "ostracized".

rubycona
2010-05-19, 01:17 AM
Hmm... IMO, problems with players should be handled OoC, not in game. If a player is being a real problem to the group, it's the DM's responsibility to pull the player aside and have a chat about what is and isn't acceptable.

It's not responsible to rake someone over the coals like that. If he was bad enough to deserve it, then the party/DM, to me, seem foolish to endure him that long. If he wasn't bad enough to deserve it, then... well, rather obviously, it was overkill.

So yeah, basically, I kind of can't imagine any circumstance, as a DM myself, where I would ever let things get to that level, or anywhere near it. I mean, doing it once as a "I'm serious, don't mess with me," kind of thing, I can understand (the stone thing works in that regard). But both? It's too much.

Souhiro
2010-07-21, 02:59 AM
Well, I nearly forgot this thread.

In defense of my GM, I must say that all the parties played in said GM's house. The Final Session of the Orc Girl was a Sunday at the morning, and the GM's brothers hadn't slept at all the night before.

The GM said that nobody could shout nor cry, to avoid waking his brothers. If a character wanted to do it, they just had to declare "I shout my warcry" or "I scream". Before that day, the Orc Girl was hated from all the parties, and barely tolerated from the GM.

And the Orc Girl shouted "I'm so HIIIIGH!!!" "Hello, Mr Tree, Hello Mr Penguiiiiiiin!"

When the two brothers of the GM appeared in the room and said that they NEEDED to sleep, and the Orc-Girl keep shouting before they could leave the room, the punish had to come.

PD: Before having the "Stoned Paladin", he had another paladin who used an Elixir of Love on the summoner's Eidolon, and proceeded to rape it, and then he complained about his fall from paladinhood (and then killed his character, but not before trying to ruin another session) That will give you a glimpse of that Player...

PPDD: I remembered this thread, because that player have just said that someone could scry his statued-body. This forum is just GREAT!

PPPDDD: Sorry about my awful grammar. Yo hablo español

Simba
2010-07-21, 03:27 AM
Did the CHARACTERS know that the body of the paladin was turned to stone? Just asking...

Souhiro
2010-07-21, 10:08 AM
Nope. He was lured in a solo-session.

dps
2010-07-21, 10:16 AM
In defense of my GM, I must say that all the parties played in said GM's house. The Final Session of the Orc Girl was a Sunday at the morning, and the GM's brothers hadn't slept at all the night before.

The GM said that nobody could shout nor cry, to avoid waking his brothers.

Oh, that sounds like a load of laughs. "Ok, we're gonna play a game. But don't nobody get excited or have any fun."

The Glyphstone
2010-07-21, 10:20 AM
Oh, that sounds like a load of laughs. "Ok, we're gonna play a game. But don't nobody get excited or have any fun."

Fun = lack of volume control?