PDA

View Full Version : Paladin/Wizard Build <3.5>

Reynard
2010-05-10, 01:32 PM
Any PrC that advances casting becomes full casting (hence spellsword)

This is a silly brilliant house rule, and you should exploit it mercilessly make sure to thank your DM.

Person_Man
2010-05-10, 01:36 PM
Here's the house-rules:

Wait, what? So what level of spells do you end up with?

Also, what are your attributes and books allowed?

And you actually going to see level 20? Because there are viable Paladin/PrC Gish builds out there, but they tend to top out at ECL 15ish.

Quirp
2010-05-10, 01:37 PM
I don`t know what high one warrior-wizard does to the wizard, but perhaps you should consider going sorcerer instead since you can hardly afford great intelligence, strength, constitution and charisma (if you havenīt rolled really well or use high point buy). You should also take these classes in another order so you can get into spellsword earlier. I donīt know if it is an issue in your group, but your character seems to be the only caster in your group so you should pay attention to the powerlevel the other players are aiming for.

For more and better tipps for your build you might consider telling us what sources you can use, how high powered you want to be and what you want to do with your character.

Kylarra
2010-05-10, 01:39 PM
Yeah it seems like you might want to go with sorc over wizard due to cha synergy at least, barring ungodly stats I suppose.

Reynard
2010-05-10, 01:54 PM
But if you don't have at least 19 Int, you won't be able to cast 9th level spells.

Person_Man
2010-05-10, 02:38 PM
High one Wizard adds paladin to a spontaneous casting, decreases ASF by 20%, and stacks Mount and Familair into a single powerful animal.

and the way this is, my character gets full 20th level casting from Wizard (Sword of the Arcane Order), Holy Warrior's Bonus Feats, a Greater Dispell per day instead of the Disease thingy per week, and Casting in fullplate and a heavy shield with no ASF

So, basically gestalt Paladin//Wizard with no armor spell failure? With the exception of MAD, sounds awesome (as long as everyone else is playing Tier 1ish builds). Honestly, with full spell progression, you don't really need optimization advice. "Use your spells" is pretty much all you need to do. Take Arcane Strike (PHBII) and your choice of Domain and Metamagic feats, and you're set.

PId6
2010-05-10, 02:44 PM
:smalleek:

Have you thought about Swiftblade or Jade Phoenix Mage lately?

DragoonWraith
2010-05-10, 03:23 PM
Yeah... Oh man. Swiftblade.

Kylarra
2010-05-10, 03:26 PM
Swiftblade would be delicious

taltamir
2010-05-10, 04:17 PM
But if you don't have at least 19 Int, you won't be able to cast 9th level spells.

headband of int +6 means you need a base int of 13.
You get 5 points from leveling... and up to 5 points from tome.

Tinydwarfman
2010-05-10, 05:29 PM
:smallconfused:... Am I missing something here? Where did the original post go?

Reynard
2010-05-10, 05:34 PM
Why am I the topic starter?

Wait, is it because he called himself Joland St. Rude and used an inverted version of Roland's Avatar?

Mongoose87
2010-05-10, 06:05 PM
Why am I the topic starter?

Wait, is it because he called himself Joland St. Rude and used an inverted version of Roland's Avatar?

Sounds like a bannable offense, to me.

Reynard
2010-05-10, 06:07 PM
He hasn't just been banned. He's been scoured from the boards.