PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] How to present it ?

zagan
2010-05-10, 03:13 PM
Okay, I think it's more appropriate to ask here but tell me if I'm wrong.

I'm working (nearly finnished in fact) on a campaign setting, fluff wise it's mostly standard heroic fantasy, with a dash of eberron.

What I need help with it's the various thing I've homebrew for it, my problem lie with the quantity.
I've create 15 template, 94 feat to go with the template and 1 Prc to go with that.

How can I gain feedback for all that ? It's not as big as some other project I'v seen on these board but it's still a lot and I'm afraid that people will be reluctant to read all of it and to comment.

Any advice ?

Vaynor
2010-05-10, 03:50 PM
Post separate sections bit by bit so people can critique it more easily, but I'd also provide a link to the entire thing so people can get the big picture if need be.

Mulletmanalive
2010-05-10, 04:29 PM
Post things in small chunks. I'd suggest one Template as a start, then putting in the feats a few comments later.

A picture or a nice piece of flavour text will encourage people to read, as would the use of small paragraphs.

Vaynor
2010-05-10, 04:39 PM
A picture or a nice piece of flavour text will encourage people to read, as would the use of small paragraphs.

This, a thousand times over. A nice picture helps a lot in getting people to read your creation. Try browsing DeviantArt.

Tibbaerrohwen
2010-05-10, 05:23 PM
Always double-check you items before posting. Organize it into small chunks, as mentioned by Vaynor and Mulletmanalive, to make it easier to read and properly critique.
A piece of flavour text and an image are excellent ways to draw attention to your work and give more clarity to the work without adding too much length.
As Vaynor stated, you want to make the total project available for the interested. It won't only peak interest and provide possible players for a PBP to test it, but also adds clarity to the work.
Add links to your threads in your signature. It'll gather more viewers and make it easier for people to find.

zagan
2010-05-11, 04:16 AM
Post separate sections bit by bit so people can critique it more easily, but I'd also provide a link to the entire thing so people can get the big picture if need be.

So one post with a serie of link to a separate post for each separate part. Yes that's a good idea thank you.

Post things in small chunks. I'd suggest one Template as a start, then putting in the feats a few comments later.

Flavour, yes I can try, picture probably won't be easy for some of them but i will try to find something appropriate thanks for the tip.

Always double-check you items before posting. Organize it into small chunks, as mentioned by Vaynor and Mulletmanalive, to make it easier to read and properly critique.
A piece of flavour text and an image are excellent ways to draw attention to your work and give more clarity to the work without adding too much length.
As Vaynor stated, you want to make the total project available for the interested. It won't only peak interest and provide possible players for a PBP to test it, but also adds clarity to the work.
Add links to your threads in your signature. It'll gather more viewers and make it easier for people to find.

Link in the signature is a good idea too thanks.