PDA

View Full Version : First Divine Character

EdroGrimshell
2010-05-10, 06:27 PM
The title says it all, i'm making my very first divine spellcaster. The character is a cleric (no deity) with the knowledge domain as one of her domains. The character will mainly be getting Divine and Devotion feats, is true neutral.

I need advice on a good build because, frankly, the party relies on a bit of optimization (transmuter, bard, spellthief, and a paladin[going for bone knight]) and i'm unsure how to build a decent cleric.

Race is a human
scores are as follows; 10 (N/A), 12 (N/A), 14 (N/A), 15 (Cha), 16 (Int), 18 (Wis)
The rest is fairly mutable

Gnaeus
2010-05-10, 06:39 PM
Cloistered Cleric 20
Domains: Travel, Planning, Knowledge
Trade Knowledge Domain for Knowledge Devotion
L1 Persist Spell
L3 DMM Persist
L6 Travel Devotion
Other Feats: Extra Turning

If you have flaws available, or are human, shift all those feats up.

Max Wisdom, then Charisma.
Spend money on Reliquary, nightsticks.
Use most of your turn attempts to persist buffs so that they last all day. Some good ones to look at are: Divine Favor, Divine Power, Mass Lesser Vigor, Righteous Wrath of the Faithful.

EdroGrimshell
2010-05-10, 06:43 PM
DM banned divine metamagic

IonDragon
2010-05-10, 07:23 PM
Cloistered Cleric 20
Domains: Travel, Planning, Knowledge
Trade Knowledge Domain for Knowledge Devotion
L1 Persist Spell
L3 DMM Persist
L6 Travel Devotion
Other Feats: Extra Turning

If you have flaws available, or are human, shift all those feats up.

Max Wisdom, then Charisma.
Spend money on Reliquary, nightsticks.
Use most of your turn attempts to persist buffs so that they last all day. Some good ones to look at are: Divine Favor, Divine Power, Mass Lesser Vigor, Righteous Wrath of the Faithful.

Also, Persist requires Extend.

Go for melee cleric, make sure you spontaneously heal. Prep one cure lt. and a handful of cure minors. Take the war domain and get Martial Weapon Prof. (Greatsword). Wear Full Plate because you have no ASF. Take Power Attack, but probably not Cleave, prep some fun buffs and have at!

Il_Vec
2010-05-10, 07:54 PM
Planning Domain gives you Extend Spell as a bonus feat.

dextercorvia
2010-05-10, 09:49 PM
Also, Persist requires Extend.

Go for melee cleric, make sure you spontaneously heal. Prep one cure lt. and a handful of cure minors. Take the war domain and get Martial Weapon Prof. (Greatsword). Wear Full Plate because you have no ASF. Take Power Attack, but probably not Cleave, prep some fun buffs and have at!

If he can spontaneously heal, why would he want to prepare a CLW?

Icewraith
2010-05-10, 10:29 PM
Some people throw all of their spells when they don't really need to, sometimes it helps to have a cure spell or 2 prepped in case you get carried away. Especially when you're figuring cleric out.

gbprime
2010-05-10, 10:36 PM
DM banned divine metamagic

I like this DM. Divine Metamagic is done to death.

What do you want to DO with the cleric? Buff, bash, healbot, summoner, blaster?