PDA

View Full Version : Shin Megami Tensei in Exalted

Leliel
2010-05-10, 09:24 PM
For those of you who have played any of the games in the series-and if not, why haven't you-you will know that the SMT series has a lot in common with Exalted (social-battle conscious, awesome, mythic, awesome, morally ambiguous, awesome, and did I mention awesome?).

Anyway, I realized that Exalted is a pretty good system to run an SMT campaign with, whether it be a heavily-modified Creation or the modern-day-apocalypse setting of most Megami Tensei titles, albeit with my players more likely akin to the Demi-Fiend then random smucks with COMPs. Hey, if I can repackage Green Sun Princes as a more generalized form of those blessed by demons, I will.

And hey, wouldn't a Jack Frost look so cute on Chejop Kejack's desk?

So, what would your suggestions be for creating Shin Megami Tensei: Exalted (any general ideas or specific ones are fine-I'm still in the planning stage)?

holywhippet
2010-05-10, 10:14 PM
Which SMT games were you thinking of? If you have enough social interaction in the game you could try the Persona series - have boosts to certain arcana when you correctly deal with someone of that nature.

Gensh
2010-05-10, 10:41 PM
Alchemicals is probably more along the lines of what you're looking for. Since their excellencies are ability-based and they can swap out their charms at a vat complex (or the Velvet Room) to change their playing style, they lend themselves to replacing multiple demons quite nicely. They're actually a bit more modular than normal MegaTen but other than that, it's just refluffing everything and then it's a perfect match.

deuxhero
2010-05-10, 10:43 PM
Alchemicals is probably more along the lines of what you're looking for. Since their excellencies are ability-based and they can swap out their charms at a vat complex (or the Velvet Room) to change their playing style, they lend themselves to replacing multiple demons quite nicely. They're actually a bit more modular than normal MegaTen but other than that, it's just refluffing everything and then it's a perfect match.

Or cathedral of shadows or Victors lab.

TimeWizard
2010-05-13, 02:53 PM
Exalted huh? Damn, I was just about to Dust of my Tomb of Magic. Binder's need love too!