PDA

View Full Version : Red Dawn- D20 Modern

scout penguin
2010-05-10, 09:52 PM
I'm looking to putting together a "Red Dawn" senerio for D20 modern for a camp I'm going to. Are there any books that would help in this? I have the Core book and The Weapons Locker. I've also planed to use a wound/ vitility system, and increase damage by one die for all firearms. Any thoughts or sugestions? Thanks guys!

P.s. I also need a town to set it in, feel free to sugest one!

Noedig
2010-05-10, 11:23 PM
If it looks like I've actively researched this town, its because I have.

Use Muncie Indiana for a town. I suggest this because it has a logical start point for the players (college town+several nearby highschools), several good objectives/plot hooks (a large hospital/medical complex, water treatment plant, bridges, factories, railroads, ect.), a really cool theme bar for a tavern (Herot), and numerous other good features, like large residential areas, a river that cuts part of the city in half, and lots and lots of crisscrossing roads. Great for urban combat.

Its small enough that its not well known, but its large enough that you definitely wouldnt miss it if you drove near/through it. Lots of surrounding wooded areas and thousands of acres of farmland for people to hide in.
A short drive to a major interstate, and then only an hour away from Indianapolis Indiana. It also its between the state capitol and several other small towns along a major highway into Ohio. I think its perfect.