PDA

View Full Version : Shopping list help?

sonofzeal
2010-05-10, 10:29 PM
In one of my current campaigns, my character is "The Chosen One". The bad news is that we have maybe two sessions before the climactic battle, and the entire rest of the party just died. The good news is, my character got all their stuff and new characters are coming in, so we'll have bucketloads of gold to spend leading into the big battle.

ECL 11, all books allowed. We have close to 150,000 in spare gold. We will need to beat...

- A Blue Dragon of "Huge" size or larger.

- A powerful wizard who teleports all over the place.

- Unknown creatures capable of casually tossing out DC 30 Will saves vs Sleep, and of using Shapechange or something similar as a (Su).

- God. Well, not really, but someone with enough raw magical power to shape the world.

gorfnab
2010-05-11, 01:47 AM
Not exactly items, well you could by scrolls/wands/staffs of these, but here are some spell suggestions that might help.

A Blue Dragon of "Huge" size or larger - Shivering Tough (a.k.a. the Dragon Killer spell) spell from Frostburn

A powerful wizard who teleports all over the place. - Dimensional Lock, Dimensional Anchor, Anticipate Teleportation, Anticipate Teleportation Greater, Otiluke's Suppressing Field

Unknown creatures capable of casually tossing out DC 30 Will saves vs Sleep, and of using Shapechange or something similar as a (Su). - Mind Blank, Veil of Undeath, Draconic Might, Force Shapechange

God. Well, not really, but someone with enough raw magical power to shape the world. - Antimagic Field

Draz74
2010-05-11, 02:05 AM
- Unknown creatures capable of casually tossing out DC 30 Will saves vs Sleep, and of using Shapechange or something similar as a (Su).

The website "Elf Yourself" comes to mind. That, or Novice Rings of the Diamond Mind to give all characters Moment of Perfect Mind 1/encounter, so that (with maxxed Concentration skills) DC 30 won't be too scary.

Also, some non-crappy custom version of this (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/magicWeapons.htm#shiftersSorrow).

sonofzeal
2010-05-11, 11:30 AM
Scroll of "Antimagic Field" - 1,650 gp (arcane)
Scroll of "Force Shapechange" - 1,650 gp (UMD only)
Scroll of "Shivering Touch" - 375 gp (arcane)
Scroll of "Dimensional Anchor" - 700 gp (Divine/Arcane)
Scrolls of "Draconic Might" - 700 gp (Divine)

I don't see "Elf Yourself" anywhere, what's the source on that?

Eldariel
2010-05-11, 02:47 PM
I don't see "Elf Yourself" anywhere, what's the source on that?

The idea was that "become an elf" if high DC sleep is your problem. There's a website Elf Yourself (http://www.elfyourself.com/) he was referring to, though that's for slightly different elves.

sonofzeal
2010-05-11, 06:04 PM
The idea was that "become an elf" if high DC sleep is your problem. There's a website Elf Yourself (http://www.elfyourself.com/) he was referring to, though that's for slightly different elves.
Again, I don't see a good generic way of gaining elven immunity to sleep. Any suggestions?

The Cat Goddess
2010-05-11, 06:12 PM
Spell Immunity. As long as their Sleep effect is not a Supernatural effect, it works.

sonofzeal
2010-05-11, 07:11 PM
Spell Immunity. As long as their Sleep effect is not a Supernatural effect, it works.
I suspect it is. The creatures involved are very mysterious, but I suspect something of a fey or outsider bend. They seem tied to the fabric of the plane we're on, and I would be very surprised if the majority of their abilities weren't (Su).

sonofzeal
2010-05-12, 01:02 PM
Any word on obtaining Elven sleep immunity?

Eldariel
2010-05-12, 01:21 PM
This side of Shapechange? Hm, gonna be tough. I can't come up with anything off-hand. There's no "Elfform" spell far as I know.