PDA

View Full Version : vs. thread in the playground

ShipWrecked
2006-08-31, 02:42 PM
I havent really seen any vs. threads and in my opinion they are quite fun.

So Im going to kick a vs. thread off and see how it goes.

Vs. : The Hulk vs. The Thing

I bring this one up because I really lack knolege about the thing and would find this battle interesting.

for information on the two Wikipedia is the best resource.

POWERS AND ABILITYS

the Hulks powers:
The Hulk is easily one of the physically strongest characters in the Marvel Universe. The most well-known incarnation, Savage Hulk, possesses limitless superhuman strength which increases proportionally to his level of anger or emotional distress. During the Secret Wars limited series, he is shown supporting a 150 billion ton mountain.

The Hulk is depicted with a high resistance to physical damage. He is shown withstanding the impact of high-caliber artillery shells, falls from orbital heights, and powerful energy blasts without sustaining injury and resisting extreme temperatures, poisons, and diseases with no ill effect. In addition, the Hulk's body regenerates damaged or destroyed areas of tissue at an accelerated rate. Similar to his strength, his durability increases with his emotional stress.

In addition to his physical power and healing ability, the Hulk demonstrates the ability to "home in" on the desert base where he was empowered.

He can also see and hear spectres, such as the astral form of Doctor Strange. There is further evidence that the Hulk is highly resistant to telepathic abilities; for instance, he is the only being in the Marvel Universe who still remembered the Sentry after Robert Reynolds wiped all memories of himself from the world.

The things powers:

The Thing possesses vast superhuman strength, endurance, and durability. The cosmic ray bombardment caused his musculature, bone structure, internal organ composition, soft-tissue structure and skin to greatly increase in toughness and density as a rock like substance.

The Thing can exert himself at high levels for about a day before being significantly weakened by the effort. The Thing's lungs are of greater volume and efficiency than a normal man, enabling him to hold his breath underwater for several times longer than a normal human. The Thing's five senses can withstand greater amounts of sensory stimuli than he could when he was a normal human being, with no reduced sensitivity save in his sense of touch. The Thing's body is able to withstand temperature extremes for some time before feeling the effects. He can withstand the effects of armor-piercing shells against his skin with no injury. He is still susceptible to colds, disease, and emotional stress.

Unlike the Hulk, the Thing has suffered no loss in intelligence nor change in personality in his transformation to his monstrous form.

The Thing is typically able to hold his own amongst the strongest superhumans due to his indominitable resolve, tough rocky hide, and exceptional fighting skills he learned as a normal human. Grimm has admitted to spending "countless" hours in his campus' boxing ring while in college, and has demonstrated advanced knowledge and skill with that style of fighting. Characters with superhuman strength tend to lack real fighting skills, having always had the luxury of relying on brute force alone, which gives him an edge against other super-strong opponents.

It has been been put forth by some that the Thing's strength may be in the class 100 range by now, but it remains the province of speculation as all official sources still list his strength in the 85 ton range. What is fairly certain is that despite any increases, his strength is still inferior to beings such as Hulk, Thor, Gladiator

now I understand that the thing could never beat the hulk in a strong man contest but. he lacks no itelligence while the bruce in the form of the hulk lacks a whole lot.

refferences are greatly aproved. and may be asked of.

Elurindel
2006-09-02, 05:30 AM
ok, I've seen plenty of Batman vs threads, and the argument is that if Batman had time to prepare, he'd beat everyone. Well, get this:

Batman vs Lord Vetinari

Batman is self-explanatory, but Lord Vetinari ALWAYS has some extra plan hidden up his sleeve. He's the kind of person who spends three hours examining the board before he even begins a game of chess. If he looks like he's losing, it's only to lull his opponent into a sense of false security. How could Batman beat somebody like that?

InaVegt
2006-09-02, 06:33 AM
Batman vs Lord Vetinari

Batman is self-explanatory, but Lord Vetinari ALWAYS has some extra plan hidden up his sleeve. He's the kind of person who spends three hours examining the board before he even begins a game of chess. If he looks like he's losing, it's only to lull his opponent into a sense of false security. How could Batman beat somebody like that?
Well, by taking him by surprise.

Jibar
2006-09-02, 10:46 AM
I've only heard of this, but apparantly there was a comic about the Thing and Hulk having a conversation at a diner, and everytime he changed back, the Thing threw him through a wall.
So, basically, the Thing wins because he chats with the Hulk until he turns back, and then doesn't make Banner angry.
And Lord Vetinari is the kind of person who wouldn't need time to prepare. He'd have done it already.

Elurindel
2006-09-02, 01:05 PM
Well, by taking him by surprise.

You can never take Lord Vetinari by surprise. Even if you snuck up on him, he'd already have realised days ago that that's what you'd do.

Foeofthelance
2006-09-02, 11:37 PM
Batman unleashes his counter move to Vetinari's countermove, which was in response to Batman's 23492th counter move. At which Point, Vimes, having had enough of them playing games in his city, cold cokcs Batman and has Carrot toss him in a cell. Then threatens to do the same to Vetinari if he pulls a stunt like that again.

Vetinari apologizes, the basks in his victory by having a rare piece of buttered toast.

Dhavaer
2006-09-03, 08:23 AM
You can never take Lord Vetinari by surprise. Even if you snuck up on him, he'd already have realised days ago that that's what you'd do.

Lord Vetinari was once taken by surprise in The Truth. This was presumably because Mr Pin and Mr Tulip were new to the city and relatively unknown.

Closet_Skeleton
2006-09-03, 11:03 AM
Lord Vetinari would win.

He'd lose to Batman and then work out a way to make it in his favour, therefore coming out on top in the end.

The Lord Vetinari could only kill Batman by sending the assasins guild or the watch after them. Batman has beaten assasins before and he always comes on top over the police.

Poison_Fish
2006-09-03, 04:06 PM
*Glances at some of the Batman comics, especially the older stuff*

I'm sorry, Batman isn't your god. He can't figure out everything, and he could quite easily get taken out when put by himself by some more intelligent thinking beings. Which I assure you, there are plenty of them.

Now, Batman in a Tachikoma. That's a different story.

ShipWrecked
2006-09-04, 01:01 AM
*Glances at some of the Batman comics, especially the older stuff*

I'm sorry, Batman isn't your god. He can't figure out everything, and he could quite easily get taken out when put by himself by some more intelligent thinking beings. Which I assure you, there are plenty of them.

Now, Batman in a Tachikoma. That's a different story.

there are a few exceptions to the defeat of bat god, but when you look at all LOGICAL battles he could have honestly can't lose many, in the dc universe alone he is pretty high up there with the best.

Poison_Fish
2006-09-04, 02:24 AM
there are a few exceptions to the defeat of bat god, but when you look at all LOGICAL battles he could have honestly can't lose many, in the dc universe alone he is pretty high up there with the best.

Yes, logic being the key thing here.

Of course, logic is thrown out the window when you jump outside the DC universe and others start claiming he can take care of everything from different genres.

ShipWrecked
2006-09-04, 02:26 AM
Yes, logic being the key thing here.

Of course, logic is thrown out the window when you jump outside the DC universe and others start claiming he can take care of everything from different genres.

well that just isnt right, why cant the damn god bat stay in his own universe.. geez. lol/

Poison_Fish
2006-09-04, 02:36 AM
Exactly. I don't mind crossing series for the fun of discussion though.
Just his supposed invincibility from his fan boys annoys me.

ShipWrecked
2006-09-04, 02:37 AM
Exactly. I don't mind crossing series for the fun of discussion though.
Just his supposed invincibility from his fan boys annoys me.
yea the prep time thing.. it gets old after a while i must admit. i love defending him and trying to prove he wins but i try to stay away from that part of the disscussion.

ShipWrecked
2006-09-04, 02:38 AM
i d also like to know how the hell batman got onto this thread....

Dhavaer
2006-09-04, 03:34 AM
i d also like to know how the hell batman got onto this thread....

I can only assume someone gave him sufficient prep time. Also, on this board, Batman and vs. threads are like opposite poles of magnets.

ShipWrecked
2006-09-04, 03:47 AM
I can only assume someone gave him sufficient prep time. Also, on this board, Batman and vs. threads are like opposite poles of magnets.

lol i cant believe only like1 person acually replyed to fricken the real purpose of this thread.. geez..

Poison_Fish
2006-09-04, 06:28 AM
Beware of our Offtopic beam.