PDA

View Full Version : Requesting two new ToB Prestige Classes

Agrippa
2010-05-11, 12:53 AM
I have few martial initiator prestige class requests. See I'm not very good at making PrCs, so I'll leave that up to anyone who wants to help.

One requires Desert Wind and Diamond Mind but grants Iron Heart, White Raven and Devoted Spirit as well. Basically it's a swordsage/paladin PrC and thus requires Smite Evil.

The second requires Devoted Spirit but grants Diamond Mind and either Golden Saint or Silver Crane as well. This is in addition to the spell speak with dead as an arcane spell. Yes I allow arcanists to know and cast speak with dead. Crusader/arcane necromancer (wizard or sorcerer) and must be non-Evil.

So can anyone handle making them for me?

DracoDei
2010-05-11, 06:44 AM
More explaination of why you want them would be nice. You have given the bare bones of the mechanical details, which is fine as far as it goes, but anything more you can tell us about what you need them for, their role in the setting, or in moving your particular campaign forward would be nice.

Tibbaerrohwen
2010-05-11, 01:24 PM
I agree with DracoDel; more info is a must, even it is just fluff.
There is probably PrCs out there with most of what you're looking for and more information allows for more sources and resources to be found and a better PrC made.

Agrippa
2010-05-11, 11:12 PM
Shield Bearer of the Dead

When most people hear of necromancers they imagine foul sorcerers and wizards profaning the bodies, and sometimes very souls of the, or worse the still living. Yet that is a very narrow view of the necromancer's art. Some of them act as kind and gentle mediators between the living and the dead whille acting for the benefit of both. Others learn from death to better care for and prolong life, thus becoming very effective lay healers through such seemingly gruesome inquiries.
While this is all very well and good there is yet another branch of moral and socially responsible practiciners of these deathly and macbre arts. They combine martial training, millitary discipline and religious or almost religious ferver with the study of the necromantic sciences, specifically in relation to the understanding of and comuinication with the soul. These are the shield bearers of the dead or corpse guard, righteous necromantic guardians of the dead as well as the living. That is the purpose behind these noble warrior scholars, to stand against the degredation of the dead and abuse of the living.

Good enough flavor for the second prestige class? Though I would switch Diamond Mind with Stone Dragon and grant them access to Narrow Bridge too.

dspeyer
2010-05-12, 02:07 AM
I'll take a random stab at the first one. This might be a little overpowered.

Fiery Blade of Justice

Prerequisites
Skills: 8 ranks martial lore; 8 ranks knowledge(religion)
Maneuvers: 1 2nd level desert wind strike
Special: smite evil 2/day
Diety: Pelor
Alignment: Any good

Hit die: d8
Skills: 2+int
Class skills: ride, martial lore, knowledge(religion), knowledge(history), tumble, intimidate, concentration, jump, diplomacy, spot
Martial Disciplines: Desert Wind, Devoted Spirit, Diamond Mind, Golden Saint, Silver Crane, Stone Dragon, Tiger Claw, Twin Spirit, White Raven

Code of conduct:
A Fiery Blade must be of good alignment and loses all class abilities, including maneuvers from the Devoted Spirit, Golden Saint, Silver Crane, and Twin Spirit disciplines, if she ever willingly commits an evil act.

Additionally, a paladin’s code requires that she respect all good-hearted people, help those in need (provided they do not use the help for evil ends), and punish those who harm or enslave innocents.

BABFortRefWillMan KMan RStances
+1+2+0+0Smite evil +1, Lay on hands, Turn undead, Special Mount100
+2+3+0+0Fire to Light000
+3+3+1+1Swift recovery (lesser)110
+4+4+1+1Reaching hands001
+5+4+1+1Smite evil +1100
+6+5+2+2Swift recovery010
+7+5+2+2Maximal light100
+8+6+2+2Swift recovery (greater)001
+9+6+3+3Smite evil +1110
+10+7+3+3Flaming Ascension000

Smite evil: levels in this class stack with existing levels for smite damage. Also, gain an additional use per day at 1st 5th and 9th levels.

Lay on hands: levels in this class stack with existing levels for lay on hands.

Turn undead: levels in this class stack with existing levels for turn undead.

Special Mount: levels in this class stack with existing levels for special mount, but with two changes. Instead of Share Spells, you gain Share Counters. You may initiate any counter on your mounts behalf instead of or in addition to your own behalf. Use your own skill modifiers if relevant. Instead of Improved Speed, you gain Share Boosts: your mount gains the benefit of any boost you initiate instead of or in addition to yourself.

Fire to light: When you would deal fire damage from a manuever, you may instead deal light damage. Undead suffer double damage from light.

Swift recovery: As a swift action, you may spent one turn undead to recover some expended maneuvers. At 3rd level, you recover one desert wind maneuver. At 6th you recover all expended desert wind maneuvers. At 8th, you recover all expended maneuvers.

Reaching hands: You may use your lay-on-hands power on willing targets at ranges of up to 80 ft. When you do this, it is only half as effective as it would normally be.

Maximal light: When using fire-to-light, all light damage dice automatically role their maximum.

Flaming Ascension: You become an outsider with the fire, light and good subtypes. You gain immunity to fire and light, and dr 10/evil. You grow wings of solid flame, and gain a flight speed equal to your base speed with good maneuverability.

Agrippa
2010-05-12, 01:16 PM
I'll take a random stab at the first one. This might be a little overpowered.

Fiery Blade of Justice

Prerequisites
Skills: 8 ranks martial lore; 8 ranks knowledge(religion)
Maneuvers: 1 2nd level desert wind strike
Special: smite evil 2/day
Diety: Pelor
Alignment: Any good

Hit die: d8
Skills: 2+int
Class skills: ride, martial lore, knowledge(religion), knowledge(history), tumble, intimidate, concentration, jump, diplomacy, spot
Martial Disciplines: Desert Wind, Devoted Spirit, Diamond Mind, Golden Saint, Silver Crane, Stone Dragon, Tiger Claw, Twin Spirit, White Raven

Code of conduct:
A Fiery Blade must be of good alignment and loses all class abilities, including maneuvers from the Devoted Spirit, Golden Saint, Silver Crane, and Twin Spirit disciplines, if she ever willingly commits an evil act.

Additionally, a paladin’s code requires that she respect all good-hearted people, help those in need (provided they do not use the help for evil ends), and punish those who harm or enslave innocents.

{table=head]BAB|Fort|Ref|Will||Man K|Man R|Stances
+1|+2|+0|+0|Smite evil +1, Lay on hands, Turn undead, Special Mount|1|0|0
+2|+3|+0|+0|Fire to Light|0|0|0
+3|+3|+1|+1|Swift recovery (lesser)|1|1|0
+4|+4|+1|+1|Reaching hands|0|0|1
+5|+4|+1|+1|Smite evil +1|1|0|0
+6|+5|+2|+2|Swift recovery|0|1|0
+7|+5|+2|+2|Maximal light|1|0|0
+8|+6|+2|+2|Swift recovery (greater)|0|0|1
+9|+6|+3|+3|Smite evil +1|1|1|0
+10|+7|+3|+3|Flaming Ascension|0|0|0[/table]

Smite evil: levels in this class stack with existing levels for smite damage. Also, gain an additional use per day at 1st 5th and 9th levels.

Lay on hands: levels in this class stack with existing levels for lay on hands.

Turn undead: levels in this class stack with existing levels for turn undead.

Special Mount: levels in this class stack with existing levels for special mount, but with two changes. Instead of Share Spells, you gain Share Counters. You may initiate any counter on your mounts behalf instead of or in addition to your own behalf. Use your own skill modifiers if relevant. Instead of Improved Speed, you gain Share Boosts: your mount gains the benefit of any boost you initiate instead of or in addition to yourself.

Fire to light: When you would deal fire damage from a manuever, you may instead deal light damage. Undead suffer double damage from light.

Swift recovery: As a swift action, you may spent one turn undead to recover some expended maneuvers. At 3rd level, you recover one desert wind maneuver. At 6th you recover all expended desert wind maneuvers. At 8th, you recover all expended maneuvers.

Reaching hands: You may use your lay-on-hands power on willing targets at ranges of up to 80 ft. When you do this, it is only half as effective as it would normally be.

Maximal light: When using fire-to-light, all light damage dice automatically role their maximum.

Flaming Ascension: You become an outsider with the fire, light and good subtypes. You gain immunity to fire and light, and dr 10/evil. You grow wings of solid flame, and gain a flight speed equal to your base speed with good maneuverability.

First, I'd remove Tiger Claw, Stone Dragon and re quire you to choose between Golden Saint and Silver Crane. I have some more critiques, but I'll save those for later.