PDA

View Full Version : Who Wants to Be a Superhero?

CelestialStick
2006-06-17, 10:04 PM
It's a new tv show coming to Sci Fi this summer, staring famous superhero creator Stan Lee!

Tarlonniel
2006-06-17, 10:10 PM
Ooooh! Me! Me! M... waitaminute - Stan Lee? Maybe not then. Stripperella totally soured me on that guy :P

CelestialStick
2006-06-17, 10:17 PM
Ooooh! Me! Me! M... waitaminute - Stan Lee? Maybe not then. Stripperella totally soured me on that guy :P
Oh wow, did he do Stripperella too! Woo-hoo!

I'll take you in your cute little sailor suit over Stripperella. ;)

Tarlonniel
2006-06-18, 12:16 AM
I'll take you in your cute little sailor suit over Stripperella. ;)

One of the Navy's best benefits: guys totally dig a chick in uniform. ;D You should see me with my dress blues on, those are great for the female figure. If I ever became a superhero I'd definitely consider basing my costume on 'em.

Navy girl to the rescue! Fear my nuclear-powered might! :D

CelestialStick
2006-06-18, 12:34 AM
One of the Navy's best benefits: guys totally dig a chick in uniform. ;D You should see me with my dress blues on, those are great for the female figure. If I ever became a superhero I'd definitely consider basing my costume on 'em.

Woo-Hoo! I love it. What do you do in the navy? Are you in the Austrialian Navy?

Paladinone
2006-06-18, 12:43 AM
In the Navy, yes you can sail the Seven Seas.....

;D

Shoot me now...please...

Tarlonniel
2006-06-18, 01:06 AM
To get even further off-topic, no, I'm in THIS Navy:
http://photos.signonsandiego.com/gallery1.5/albums/031105nimitz/JG_NimitzAir001.sized.jpg
And very soon I will be tooling around on this:
http://www.wallpapergate.com/data/media/184/US%20Navy%20-%20Aircraftcarrier%203.jpg

Not flying those bothersome planes, though. I will be qualifying to operate the ship's electric plant... and its gas pedals ;D

CelestialStick
2006-06-18, 03:08 AM
In the Navy, yes you can sail the Seven Seas.....

;D

Shoot me now...please...
LOL. I don't think they'd let her in THAT navy--it's bois only. ;)

CelestialStick
2006-06-18, 03:22 AM
To get even further off-topic, no, I'm in THIS Navy:
http://photos.signonsandiego.com/gallery1.5/albums/031105nimitz/JG_NimitzAir001.sized.jpg
And very soon I will be tooling around on this:
http://www.wallpapergate.com/data/media/184/US%20Navy%20-%20Aircraftcarrier%203.jpg

Not flying those bothersome planes, though. I will be qualifying to operate the ship's electric plant... and its gas pedals ;D

Well I suppose a plant should have petals, right? ;)

Anyway the first photo looks like the Nimitz, and the second looks like the Stennis sporting part of its compliment of F/A-18 Hornets. I don't care way anyone says--the F-14 Tomcat is still cooler. I named my second car the Tomcat.

So you're really going to be on board the Stennis? Back in the 1980s I applied for and eventually, after a big bureaucratic mess, got a direct commission in naval intel, signed by President Reagan and everything. Turned it down though after all that mess. :(

Anyway though I think it's so cool that you're going to be serving on the Stennis! When do you report? Darn, I see that the Stennis has its homeport on the opposite coast from me. :(

Durin
2006-06-18, 03:25 AM

Who's your commanding officer? Mine is Captain Eisenbarger

CelestialStick
2006-06-18, 03:28 AM
Who's your commanding officer? Mine is Captain Eisenbarger
Well if she's going to be a superhero she shouldn't really have a commanding officer, and if she inconveniently happens to have one, she sure shouldn't follow his or her orders. ;)

Tarlonniel
2006-06-18, 09:56 AM
I''l be reporting on August 2nd - which means I get about 5 weeks of leave :D Course I have to spend some of that moving across the country, finding a place to live, etc., etc.

Captain Johanson is in charge of the Stennis. But Navy Girl would report to the Commander in Chief alone! I'd be my own branch of the military! ;D They would have to make a new cabinet-level position: the Secretary of the Navy Girl. And he'd better be cute.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v383/Tarlonniel/5bcd9b77.jpg

CelestialStick
2006-06-18, 02:04 PM
I''l be reporting on August 2nd - which means I get about 5 weeks of leave :D Course I have to spend some of that moving across the country, finding a place to live, etc., etc.

Captain Johanson is in charge of the Stennis. But Navy Girl would report to the Commander in Chief alone! I'd be my own branch of the military! ;D They would have to make a new cabinet-level position: the Secretary of the Navy Girl. And he'd better be cute.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v383/Tarlonniel/5bcd9b77.jpg
Woo-hoo! What a hot babe! She could be my "commanding officer" any time! :D

Did you draw that yourself? That's a professional-quality drawing!

Tarlonniel
2006-06-18, 02:27 PM
Did you draw that yourself?

Unfortunately no. HeroMachine 1.0 + GIMP 2.0 = no-talent bums like me can use computer magic to actually create something cool. ;)

CelestialStick
2006-06-18, 02:34 PM
Unfortunately no. HeroMachine 1.0 + GIMP 2.0 = no-talent bums like me can use computer magic to actually create something cool. ;)
But you created it yourself on your computer? Still very cool!

So do you look more like the Navy Girl drawing, tall and curvy, or more like the sailor girl avatar, short and sassy? :D

Edit: Actually whenever I see your avatar I half expect to hear it burst into one of the songs from South Pacific. Have you ever seen the musical or heard the music from it? It's really quite excellent.

InaVegt
2006-06-18, 02:36 PM
But you created it yourself on your computer? Still very cool!

So do you look more like the Navy Girl drawing, tall and curvy, or more like the sailor girl avator, short and sassy? :D
Heromachine does all the work, the only thing you have to do is pick equipment and give colors

Wukei
2006-06-18, 02:36 PM
Does anyone else think Queen ("Who Wants to Live Forever?") When they read the title of this thread?

(Hey, I can ask this...it's far enough off topic already...)

Tarlonniel
2006-06-18, 02:46 PM
Heromachine does all the work, the only thing you have to do is pick equipment and give colors

HM 1.0 is good but rather limited - I usually have to touch up or add things with GIMP. I'd love to buy their full 2.0 version, but I just can't justify spending the money.

I sure I wish I looked like Miss Super Sexy up there. I'm much more like
<------ her, though :P Thankfully this is the internet and you can envision me as whichever one you prefer ;)

So, in hopes of possibly returning to on-topic territory, anyone else thought about what kind of superhero they'd be?

Edit: oh yes, I've seen South Pacific. I think I've seen every musical Hollywood ever made. ;D

CelestialStick
2006-06-18, 02:46 PM

Spoil sport! :( I still say it's cool! :)

Does anyone else think Queen ("Who Wants to Live Forever?") When they read the title of this thread?

(Hey, I can ask this...it's far enough off topic already...)
Nah, that's a sad song, featured in Highlander when Mac's girlfriend dies and so forth, and when I see the title of the thread I think of something upbeat, like that song, "Holding Out For A Hero" by Bonnie Tyler. I especially get a kick out of how in the pilot of Lois and Clark they juxtaposed this serious song with scenes of Clark trying on various goofy costumes.

Where have all the good men gone
And where are all the gods?
Where's the street-wise Hercules
To fight the rising odds?
Isn't there a white knight upon a fiery steed?
Late at night I toss and turn and dream
of what I need

[Chorus]

I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night
He's gotta be strong
And he's gotta be fast
And he's gotta be fresh from the fight
I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the morning light
He's gotta be sure
And it's gotta be soon
And he's gotta be larger than life

Somewhere after midnight
In my wildest fantasy
Somewhere just beyond my reach
There's someone reaching back for me
Racing on the thunder end rising with the heat
It's gonna take a superman to sweep me off my feet

[Chorus]

Up where the mountains meet the heavens above
Out where the lightning splits the sea
I would swear that there's someone somewhere
Watching me

Through the wind end the chill and the rain
And the storm and the flood
I can feel his approach
Like the fire in my blood

InaVegt
2006-06-18, 02:48 PM
I'd be the Evil, Mad, Insane, Braineating MINDFLAYER

Were-Sandwich
2006-06-18, 02:52 PM
When I saw the title of this thread I also thought of a queen song:
Flash - a-ah - saviour of the universe
Flash - a-ah - he'll save everyone of us
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Flash - a-ah - he's a miracle
Flash - a-ah - king of the impossible

He's for everyone of us
Stand for everyone of us
He'll save with a mighty hand
Every man every woman
Every child - with a mighty flash

Flash - a-ah
Flash - a-ah - he'll save everyone of us

Just a man
With a man's courage
He knows nothing but a man
But he can never fail
No one but the pure in heart
May find the golden grail
Oh oh - oh oh
Flash

I'd be the insane evil bad guy, but I'd be smart, I wouldn't monologue, I'd always send out War Rocket Ajax to retrieve the body.

Tarlonniel
2006-06-18, 03:04 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v383/Tarlonniel/Flayer.jpg

CelestialStick
2006-06-18, 03:06 PM
Is Miindflayer and existing superhero?

That whole exposed brain thing looks like a rather nasty vulnerability! :D

Tarlonniel
2006-06-18, 03:22 PM
Is Miindflayer and existing superhero?

Don't think so (I made the guy up myself). I'm suprised that some comic company hasn't used the name - maybe they want to avoid stepping on WotC's toes.

That whole exposed brain thing looks like a rather nasty vulnerability! :D

Nobody's perfect ;) There actually was a supervillain on the Powerpuff Girls cartoon show with a similar "do." Can't remember the monkey's name.

CelestialStick
2006-06-18, 03:30 PM
Don't think so (I made the guy up myself).

Very creative!

I'm suprised that some comic company hasn't used the name - maybe they want to avoid stepping on WotC's toes.

I wonder. There's a rock group called Mindflayer. Wizards might own the right to the mindflayer monster, but I wonder if they could enforce a copyright to the name itself.

Nobody's perfect ;) There actually was a supervillain on the Powerpuff Girls cartoon show with a similar "do." Can't remember the monkey's name.
LOL. Not another simian supervillain! :D

Spit_Dog
2006-06-18, 04:56 PM
Celestial, a few more superhero pics from Tarlonniel and you won't even need you ED medication any more! ;)

Krytha
2006-06-18, 11:27 PM
Loose lips sink ships!

Umm... I think being a super villain would be less of a hassle as long as you weren't stupid...

Tomb_Raven
2006-06-19, 01:32 PM
Supervillain: Monologue Man (i love monologues cos the evil plan is always so insanely complex that there is no other way to know what is going on or why... and if they dont monologue then they r just plain mean and so on...) with the power to talk people to death

Superhero: Vincent Vindaloo... member of the Tabasco Team.

Raven

Saithis Bladewing
2006-06-19, 01:37 PM
There actually was a supervillain on the Powerpuff Girls cartoon show with a similar "do." Can't remember the monkey's name.

What, you mean MoJo JoJo?

lunar
2006-06-19, 01:39 PM
I would create a simian superhero, to get rid of the racial sterotype that all hyperintelligent apes have a grudge against their bipedal oppressors.

Saithis Bladewing
2006-06-19, 01:40 PM
I would create a simian superhero, to get rid of the racial sterotype that all hyperintelligent apes have a grudge against their bipedal oppressors.

What, like Monkey from Dexter's Laboratory? ;D

lunar
2006-06-19, 01:50 PM
Of course, the real question is: when is the show Who Wants to be a Supervillian? Now that's something I'd sign up for.

Beleriphon
2006-06-19, 06:57 PM
Yer darn right. Supervillain powers. I'd have to go for Doctor Doom style supervillainy, but of course I'd not use any evil bad guy cliches. Shooting my arch nemesis at first sight is the right thing to do.

Dominic
2006-06-19, 10:44 PM
speaking of monkey super heroes any of you watch Captain Simian and the Space Monkeys?

CelestialStick
2006-06-19, 11:09 PM
Celestial, a few more superhero pics from Tarlonniel and you won't even need you ED medication any more! ;)

ROFLMAO! Actually, just hearing that she's going to serve on a Nimitz-class carrier was enough to get the old stick back up to celestial standards. ;)

Edit: As I recall, back during the Gulf War, one of the Nimitz-class carriers came back from an extended duty in the Gulf with so many pregnant women that people were calling it The Love Boat. :D

LOL.

Haggis_McCrablice
2006-06-21, 03:55 AM
Mojo's exposed brain was protected, first under a paper bag, then later under a glass dome.

Speaking of exposed brains, thanks to several failures and a couple of betrayals, Baxter Stockman of TMNT was reduced to nothing but his brain and eyeball floating in a tank. Imagine how gross that would be.

I already am a superhero (see avvy). I have the basic superpower package: super-intelligence, morphing, invisibility, invulnerability, telescopic vision, flight, and super-strength. I can crush coal into diamonds, just like Superman. Except I do it with my butt. :-[

Oh, and one of my crimefighting friends is a talking gibbon, by far the most underappreciated of the great apes.

OffSide7
2006-06-21, 04:44 AM
I wanna be a superhero, I've created a Marvel style superhero character, and DC style one...

Hmm, only art of the Marvel one I can find is chibi...

OffSide7
2006-06-21, 04:52 AM
I wanna be a superhero, I've created a DC style superhero character... (I attempted to draw her in a Bruce Timm style, he's my favorite artist.)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v63/OffSide7/CMAX/spookcolored.gif

and a Marvel one...
Hmm, only art of the Marvel one I can find is chibi...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v63/OffSide7/CMAX/chibikay.jpg
Then there was this angsty little character... sort of like a superhero...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v63/OffSide7/RPGs/ashangstpuppy.gif

Hoseki
2006-06-21, 01:16 PM
!!!

!!!

Those

Are

Really

Good!!!

If I could draw half as well as you can, I'd draw three times as well as I can!

CelestialStick
2006-06-21, 09:18 PM
Hmm. Those girls are rather too young for my taste. How about some adult superheroines?

Faticus
2006-06-22, 02:21 PM
Hold on Stan Lee made Stripperella........HE IS A GOD!

CelestialStick
2006-06-22, 07:54 PM
Hold on Stan Lee made Stripperella........HE IS A GOD!
Did Stripperella appear in comic books, or did he create her solely for TV?

OffSide7
2006-06-22, 10:14 PM
Hmm. Those girls are rather too young for my taste. How about some adult superheroines?

It's funny that you say that, because I realize you're totally right, they all do look quite young.

I think the first one's youth was more of a result of my inability to draw a Bruce Timm face. He draws a lot of his characters pretty cookie-cutterish, so a woman's minimum age can often be determined by her figure. (Ace had one figure, Supergirl and Batgirl have another, Wonderwoman and Hawkgirl a third, etc.)

In this case, I was trying to go for the standard figure for a woman of indeterminate mid-20s kinda age, like most of the characters, along with a standard face but I probably needed, at the very least, a better reference.

As for the second one, it's a chibi drawing, so it's meant to have those exxagerated baby proportions, though the actual character could be of any age.

The third was meant to be late teens, early 20s, but she does look pretty young. Ah, well.

Old_el_Paso
2006-08-11, 05:22 PM
I'm glad that cell phone girl is gone.

Dalius
2006-09-01, 12:47 PM
Anyone see the show last night? A winner has been declared, and the comic book and Sci-Fi original movie are in the works. Anyone hyped to see it? Anyone disappointed by the outcome?

The person I wanted to win was eliminated in episode 5, but this winner is alright.