PDA

View Full Version : Superman w/symbiote

LordOfNarf
2006-07-04, 12:45 AM
I know it's a horrid and ungodly mix of comic universes, what would happen if superman got a symbiote? If it does stuff like this http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d8/Venomlethal1.jpg/225px-Venomlethal1.jpg
to normal folk, what power does it grant the son of Krypton?

Adghar
2006-07-04, 01:09 AM
I don't think it would do much more, considering Spiderman merged with Venom once, I think, and he was only incrementally stronger. Think of it like being undead. Normal folk get turned into kickass ghouls or whatnot, but it's just a template on heroes.

Ralfarius
2006-07-04, 01:20 AM
I'd say the most profound effect the symbiote had on dear Peter Parker was the temporary warping of his personality. Spiderman rarely fights to kill, thugs especially. The symbiote made his attitude on manslaughter a little more... Liberal, shall we say?

Therefore, I think its safe to deduce that aside from giving The Man of Steel icky goo-reated powers, it would mostly likely temporarily override his boyscout sensibilites. This would lead to a shocking rise in the number of muggers thrown through concrete walls at 'splatterrific' velocities.

"This just in, piles of what can be best described as chunky salsa have been found all across Metropolis. More at 11!"

KayJay
2006-07-04, 06:04 AM
would the symbiote even be able to bond with Superman's cells at all? I can't see it being able to improve him that much, as it'd probably be the weak link in any symbiotic relationship.

Closet_Skeleton
2006-07-04, 06:53 AM
It wouldn't be making Superman herald of galactus or anything. The main thing would be that when he lost the symbiote then the next person to get it would take some of superman's attributes or gain a way to nullify some of his powers. I'd prefer to see Venom merge with that man-spider monster that was in one of the animated series

Bluelantern
2006-07-04, 03:56 PM
It wouldn't be making Superman herald of galactus or anything. The main thing would be that when he lost the symbiote then the next person to get it would take some of superman's attributes or gain a way to nullify some of his powers. I'd prefer to see Venom merge with that man-spider monster that was in one of the animated series
I guess that theory (give superman powers to the next person) is the most correct, I wonder if the heat vision would be copied.

Funny topic, I has been thinking in emerging super-heroes has been a time, lately was the Phoenix Force and other x-men/marvel characters

Example: Ananzi! (Spiderman + Phoenix)

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a5/th_ar_al/Anansimini1.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a5/th_ar_al/Anansimini2.jpg

I think it would be very cool see wolwerine + Simbionte, that would be totally wild!

Smashymcsmash
2006-07-04, 09:01 PM
There is a really sweet "What if?" where the suit takes over Spider-man fully then moves on to the Hulk and eventually Thor.

Bluelantern
2006-07-04, 11:59 PM
There is a really sweet "What if?" where the suit takes over Spider-man fully then moves on to the Hulk and eventually Thor.
he "eats" peter? O.o

Smashymcsmash
2006-07-05, 09:08 AM
No he just sucks him dry and spits him out in favor of the Hulk.

Bluelantern
2006-07-05, 11:29 AM
No he just sucks him dry and spits him out in favor of the Hulk.
ow

cute....

Does he actually manages to merge with thor? I mean he is the god of the THUNDER! (with has sound and heat)

Closet_Skeleton
2006-07-05, 12:20 PM
It's a 'what if' story, sense doesn't come into it. There's a 'what if' where Rogue absorbs Thor's power to become a god so I bet venom could.

Smashymcsmash
2006-07-05, 12:30 PM
Yeah it takes over Thor as well but by that point it has sucked dry both peter, leaving him the body of a frail old man, and the Hulk, spitting out Banner when it was done. The idea being that it had added their strength to its own.

Bluelantern
2006-07-05, 02:32 PM
Rogue don't have vunerability against heat and sound.

anyway, I she did that? just to be powerfull?

Anyway, Does anyone have any imagine of this Hulk+Simbionte or Thor+Simbionte? ;D

Skyserpent
2006-07-05, 05:25 PM
This would be bad if the Symbiote went after Taskmaster next. The guy who knows every martial art and can shoot as well as The Punisher, jump as well as Spidey and Daredevil combined, can use Caps Shield, drive like Jeff Gordon, shoot hoops like Shaq, be a ninja, and just about any other physical feat a Marvel character can pull off, just short of actual powers, which the symbiote would have packed.

Ing
2006-07-05, 05:29 PM
If this happened i suspect he will go Hentai with Lois.

and that's terrible

Haggis_McCrablice
2006-07-05, 07:06 PM
What about the Batman Beyond episode "The Call", with Starro the Conqueror (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starro)?

Perhaps I'm perverse, but I was looking at all those alien starfish and thinking, Y'Know, with Supe's heat-vision, a tanker of vegetable oil, and a couple tons of veggies, we got us a great stir-fry here!

Jarl
2006-07-06, 12:22 AM
I never realized that... "The Call" features an aquatic mind controlling evil alien bent on the conquering of the universe.

-For a while there, I thought I had clicked on the Batman Vs Cthulhu thread...

Ma3lstr0m
2006-07-06, 08:22 PM
I guess that theory (give superman powers to the next person) is the most correct, I wonder if the heat vision would be copied.

Funny topic, I has been thinking in emerging super-heroes has been a time, lately was the Phoenix Force and other x-men/marvel characters

Example: Ananzi! (Spiderman + Phoenix)
I think it would be very cool see wolwerine + Simbionte, that would be totally wild!
Both Spider-Phoenix and Wolverine-Venom have been done before in the comics ;D

Spidey in Spider-Man #25, and Venom was after Wolverine as his new host in the Venom mini-series.

Bluelantern
2006-07-07, 09:35 PM
Both Spider-Phoenix and Wolverine-Venom have been done before in the comics ;D

Spidey in Spider-Man #25, and Venom was after Wolverine as his new host in the Venom mini-series.
:o what happened? how did Spider-Phoenix happened? how did Wolverine-venon looked like?

RemoJr
2006-07-07, 10:51 PM
spider-phonix? wolverine-venom? must...have....pic

Bluelantern
2006-07-07, 11:30 PM
I made one, it is the first page, I was creating those phoenix-versions of some characters, I even made a little excuse so you could have a group called "Phoenix Factor"

Seraph
2006-07-08, 12:57 PM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/20/Wolvenom.jpg

Vaynor
2006-07-08, 01:36 PM
I know it's a horrid and ungodly mix of comic universes, what would happen if superman got a symbiote? If it does stuff like this *snip*
to normal folk, what power does it grant the son of Krypton?
Umm, Venom is insane....

Closet_Skeleton
2006-07-08, 03:48 PM
Letting Superman stick to walls would be pointless as levitation is a far better mode of travel.

The universe doesn't need more than one Pheonix!

Bluelantern
2006-07-10, 01:24 PM
Letting Superman stick to walls would be pointless as levitation is a far better mode of travel.

The universe doesn't need more than one Pheonix!

but imagine the toy line! ;D

Old_el_Paso
2006-07-31, 10:23 PM
Umm, Venom is insane....Not really, he just hates Spiderman alotalotalotalotalotalot. To some he's actually considered a nice guy. In my friend's Spiderman Encyclopedia (which has been at my house for over a year) it has a picture of him saving a baby from a burning building. (The ultimate sterotypical heroic act.)

Smashymcsmash
2006-08-01, 09:48 PM
Old school Venom's thing was protecting innocence. he hated spider-man because he felt spider-man/peter parker had violated both Eddie and the symbiote's innocence. He often saved those he saw as innocent however he was bat-guano insane. He once told a guard at the vault how sorry he was that the guard had to die so they could go after spider-man as he was smothering him to death.

Later they made him a good guy and... well that was just dumb.. then he got cancer.. no he already had it and that is why the suit bonded with him.. then he permanently bonded with the suit...until he auctioned it off.. now the scorpion has it.

Man Venom is such a terrible character now.

Old_el_Paso
2006-08-30, 10:22 PM
I've got more examples of symbiotes to possibly put up in the first post.

Carnage! (http://www.knightfall-sr.com/comics/marvel/spiderman/charactere/carnage01.jpg)
Contrary to my childhood beliefs, he isn't made of lava.

Toxin! (http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/Sept_05/TOXIN006_Cov_col.jpg)
He's the good guy.

Spiderman! (http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/MKSM019cover_col.jpg)
He got it in the first (and best) Secret War.