PDA

View Full Version : Know any cool tiny humanoid creatures?

Gnosis
2010-05-11, 10:13 AM
Are there any tiny humanoid creatures? Especially cool would be one with a high flyspeed (or even landspeed) and maybe improved initiative and or hide bonuses).

Thanks!

Volthawk
2010-05-11, 10:26 AM
As far as I know, there are no tiny creatures with the humanoid type in existence. If you are willing to go non-humanoid type, there are loads more.

The Rabbler
2010-05-11, 10:33 AM
the closest thing would be a pixie, but it isn't humanoid.

HunterOfJello
2010-05-11, 11:08 AM
Tibbits are humanoids that can turn into cats at-will which are tiny size. They're in the Dragon Compendium.

That's the closest you're going to get.

~

Your other option is to pick a Small race and have Reduce Person and then Permanency cast on them. That would make a Tiny character.

nedz
2010-05-11, 11:23 AM
According to the Crystal Keep lists Humanoids are basically small or medium, though there are two large.
There are source books which the Keep doesn't cover so it would have to be from there.

There arn't even any Monstreous Humanoids.

Several Outsiders and 4 Fey though.

Volthawk
2010-05-11, 11:24 AM
According to the Crystal Keep lists Humanoids are basically small or medium, though there are two large.
There are source books which the Keep doesn't cover so it would have to be from there.

There arn't even any Monstreous Humanoids.

Several Outsiders and 4 Fey though.

And dragons, and an aberration.

Ravens_cry
2010-05-11, 11:34 AM
They are fey and 'cohort only', but try your DM anyway, but Petals from MM3 may be up your alley.
Off topic, what other races are 'cohort only'? It seems a rather odd restriction.

Volthawk
2010-05-11, 11:35 AM
They are fey and 'cohort only', but try your DM anyway, but Petals from MM3 may be up your alley.
Off topic, what other races are 'cohort only'? It seems a rather odd restriction.

A lot of magical beasts are Cohort Only, it seems to mostly be for non-humanoids.

CockroachTeaParty
2010-05-11, 11:58 AM
Jermlaines from the MM II are tiny fey. They don't have a listed LA, but maybe your DM can work one out, in case you want to play an awesome filth-midget.

Dr.Epic
2010-05-11, 11:59 AM
the closest thing would be a pixie, but it isn't humanoid.

Unless he means in shape and anatomy and not creature type. Trolls are humanoid but are listed as giants.

Ravens_cry
2010-05-11, 12:07 PM
A lot of magical beasts are Cohort Only, it seems to mostly be for non-humanoids.
How game breaking would a petal as a PC be, in your opinion? .

Volthawk
2010-05-11, 12:12 PM
How game breaking would a petal as a PC be, in your opinion? .

Hmm...

Well, for +2 LA, you'd get:

-8 STR
+10 DEX
+4 CON
+4 INT
+8 CHA
60ft fly speed (good manoeuvrability)
DR 5/cold iron
Low-light vision
Lullaby in 20ft radius
Tiny size

That is quite a lot, considering some other LA+2 races.

Learnedguy
2010-05-11, 12:12 PM
The Nac Mac Feegle.

'nuff said.

Lord of Syntax
2010-05-11, 12:16 PM
Jermlaines from the MM II are tiny fey. They don't have a listed LA, but maybe your DM can work one out, in case you want to play an awesome filth-midget.

In the 3.5 update they where stated to have LA +0.

Vizzerdrix
2010-05-11, 12:17 PM
THe Faen are from Arcana Unearthed. They start as a small race, but get the option to get ti tiny size. Good fly speed and racials too

PlzBreakMyCmpAn
2010-05-11, 07:28 PM
Being humanoid usually is a bad thing. Don't be one if you can.

also diminuitive is where the lolz are at :smallbiggrin:

Gnosis
2010-05-12, 01:51 PM
Yeah after doing some poking around i found pretty much the same thing you all did. Hmm...

Yeah the petals thing and other fey... not an option

I'm looking for an Alterself form for my whispergnome assassin (so the form must be humanoid - rather than fey).
And by the way Petals as a PC would be very broken. The reason I'm trying to get size tiny (without dipping into Wiz if possible) is that I will have Fight underfoot and Confound Bigfolk... for permanent Sneak attack, Sudden Strike and Iaijutsu damage on pretty much all attacks. I fight 2handed btw and have a SA, SS max build. Glass cannon but fun to play. Petals being able to fly too... wow that would be great! But Alterself states your type only... which is not fey :(

My W.Gnome has terrible strength so I was also looking for forms that give swim bonuses and or climb bonuses? If any of you know of good options for these two, post em and their book locations... I'll track em down if you dont have the specifics though.

Thanks for all the great help! (PS 3.5 standard only (no d20 books pls)

Gnosis
2010-05-12, 02:04 PM
Also @Tibbits from Dragon Compendium

... could it be a problem for AlterSelf that in the descritption of the race they specifically mention that spells that "target" humanoids wont target tibbets because they are "Monsterous Humanoids" with subtype (Shapechanger)...??

I mean im not targeting one... im trying to alterself into one. But... i think i could see how a dm might go either way there... i mean is a monsterous humanoid, not type humanoid for the purpose of alterself?