Evocation
Level: Brd 6
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: Full round action
Area: 30 ft. radius
Duration: See text
Saving Throw: Reflex partial
Spell Resistance: No

You begin a wild dance, and as you whirl from one place to another crimson light builds around you until you are surrounded by an expanding halo of fire, erasing and destroying all around you.

The Tandava, once started, may be continued every subsequent round if the bard spends their entire round dancing and doing nothing else. In this dancing they may move up to their speed during a round. All within 30 ft. of the dancer suffers 8d6 points of untyped damage. On a successful Reflex save this damage is reduced by half. Every round that the bard sustains the Tandava, they suffer 1 point of Constitution damage.

Material Component: A golden statue of a dancing figure ringed with fire worth at least 1000 gp.

Lasya (Dance of Creation)
Conjuration [Healing]
Level: Brd 6
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: Full round action
Area: 30 ft. radius
Duration: See text
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

You begin a slow calm dance, stepping smoothly and lithely from one movement to the next, as a deep white and gold glow begins to settle into your twirling form. As you dance this light begins to infuse those around you with a healing radiance.

The Lasya, once started, may be continued every subsequent round if the bard spends their entire round dancing and doing nothing else. In this dancing they may move up to their speed during a round. All within 30 ft. of the dancer heal 5d6 points of damage and one point of ability score damage in every ability score. This healing is not positive energy, but pure repairing essence: it will restore hit points to undead, constructs, and similar beings. Every round that the bard sustains the Lasya, they suffer 1 point of Wisdom damage. This damage cannot be healed by the Lasya.

Material Component: An ivory statue of a dancing figure worth at least 1000 gp.

[hr]

Hopefully this isn't too religious. The Inspiration is Nataraja (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nataraja), and its dance of destruction and dance of creation.

I mean, if there are worries of religion, I can change the names and it wouldn't be an issue. As simply dances of destruction and creation they are generic, but I generally prefer showing my source/inspiration and using the original wording.

Kuma Kode
2010-05-11, 03:29 PM
I like them, I think they're neat. They kinda remind me of Call of Cthulhu spells... fantastic effects, but they consume your ability scores. You might want to specify that a creature immune to Constitution or Wisdom damage either takes something else or cannot use these powers.