PDA

View Full Version : Willow-Mistt Adventures

Yuki Akuma
2010-05-11, 12:09 PM
Tuesday, 13th of April

07:12 AM

It's far, far too early for any sane child to be up. And yet, practically the entire school is already awake, because witches are not, strictly speaking, particularly sane by mortal standards. Plus, if you get up too late you have to make do without breakfast, and performing magic on an empty stomach is never fun.

Today is Tuesday, of course, so everyone is a little more energetic than on Monday - but as it's Tuesday, basically everyone is dreading first period - two hours stuck in the same classroom! Tuesdays and Thursdays suck.

Today is a day like any other, really. Nothing particularly exciting going on - a new notice has been posted notifying the student body that they're hosting a soccer game against Chiron Academy, but that's hardly news. They play each other at least four times a year.

UglyPanda
2010-05-11, 12:37 PM
Margaret

The little girl was sitting in front of her vanity desk, brushing her hair.

"Today will be a good day. Today will be a good day. Today will be a good day." she mutters every few brushes.

She gets dressed and does a double-check of the her supplies (Books, wand, other books, hairclips) and prepares to leave.

"Bye, Tony Shalbear. Bye, Rowan Bearkinson. Bye, John Bearrowman. Bye, Paul Bearanasio. Bye, Punny McLonggag."

She then blows the plushies a kiss and leaves. She double-checks that her door is locked, then heads over to the cafeteria.

Savannah
2010-05-11, 01:52 PM
Rhiannon

Ria is still in bed, wishing she could sleep in. After a moment, she realizes that it is Tuesday, meaning that she has curses, not potions, as her first class. She smiles and pokes Jinx, "Hey, wake up. Wake up if you want breakfast." The huge tomcat's eyes open a slit and he sits up in the bed.

Ria crawls out of bed and quickly pulls on her clothes and runs a comb through her hair. She grabs her school supplies, picks up Jinx, and walks towards the cafeteria.

Dogmantra
2010-05-11, 04:20 PM
Lloyd

Lloyd slowly opens his eyes, and quickly shuts them again, blinded a little by the light. He rolls over, facing away from the window and slowly opens his eyes. Once he's got used to the light, getting out of bed is easy, and Lloyd throws the covers off with such zeal that he rolls onto the floor. Slipping reluctantly out of his pyjamas and putting his school uniform on, Lloyd looks in the mirror, checking that his short dark hair is at least sticking up in random directions neatly. After wrestling with a particularly unco-operative tuft of hair for a minute and a half, Lloyd gives up and begins to get things ready for the day. Once he notices that he's going to miss breakfast, he stops getting things ready and starts to dash to the cafeteria, wondering which books he'll be missing and if it was really worth forgetting them just to have something to eat. By the time he reaches the cafeteria, he is strongly in favour of never remembering his books again.

Eternal Kanus
2010-05-11, 08:25 PM
Mia

An energetic little girl ran around her room, rushing to ready herself. Rather ineffectively, at that. She was go through her morning routine without magic, and found it surprisingly difficult. Without being able to speed up time, clean herself magically, and float objects to her, Mia was taking a lot more time than normal to prepare herself. This was the first time she was trying this without magic entirely. She wanted to try this in case she needed to spend time around mundanes, but didn't realize how rushed it made her. Finally getting everything together, she rushed out the door and ran to the cafeteria, exhausting herself before the day even began.

senrath
2010-05-11, 08:34 PM
Bobby

Unlike most of the other kids, one boy in particular looked forwards to Tuesdays and Thursdays. Not only were some of his favorite classes on those days, but there was also Equestrian Training later in the day. And so, Bobby McKillik was up even earlier than he had to be, and spent that extra time with his Starsilver, his pony.

When it was time, he bade farewell to his familiar, and headed to the cafeteria to get something to eat.

Yuki Akuma
2010-05-12, 12:16 PM
This school doesn't really have many students, but it's also not designed to have many students. The cafeteria only has around half the student body in it at the moment, but the tables are nearly all full already. One assumes the other half of the student body has already eaten, or is taking breakfast somewhere else. It's only dinner that's required to be taken here, after all.

The five children find themselves in the cafeteria at the same time - and there's a single table left with five seats left unfilled. Convenient!

Dogmantra
2010-05-12, 12:54 PM
Lloyd

Upon entering the cafeteria, Lloyd immediately notices that his favourite table is taken, and in fact, so are most of the others. He walks towards the one free empty table and takes a seat.

UglyPanda
2010-05-12, 02:06 PM
Margaret

Margaret places her bowl of cereal on the table and hops onto her chair. She then starts eating, trying not to look directly at the other people at her table.

Eternal Kanus
2010-05-12, 07:28 PM
Mia

Mia stumbles over to the open table, exhausted, and sits down, gasping for air in an exaggerated manner. "Hi... Lloyd... Marg'ret... Morning..."

senrath
2010-05-12, 08:04 PM
Bobby

"Hey Lloyd." Bobby said, as he took a seat at the table and began to eat. The energy what Bobby had was in stark contrast the the lethargy of pretty much everyone else at the table, but he didn't seem to notice. It was, after all, how things usually went.

UglyPanda
2010-05-12, 08:51 PM
Margaret

"I am called Maggie, Mimi. Please don't use my true name, mommy told me it should never be spoken out loud."

Margaret knew that only her parents knew her true name, she had three secret middle names after all, but she was overly cautious whenever anyone said anything even close to it. Margaret didn't know her friend's name, however, but insisted on using a close approximation anyway.

"How come you aren't eating anything yet? They have Lucky Charms!" she says before shoving a spoonful of marbits in her mouth.

OOC:
What are the rules on true names?

Savannah
2010-05-12, 09:19 PM
Rhiannon

Ria comes over to the table, juggling school supplies, cereal for herself, and a bowl of milk for Jinx. She gets everything to the table safely and sits down to eat, looking curiously at Mia's display of exhaustion.

Eternal Kanus
2010-05-12, 09:38 PM
Mia

"Right... sorry... Maggie..." Mia slowly gets up, walking off before returning with a bowl of cereal, smiling widely, no longer acting exhausted. "Hi Ria! Hi Bobby!"

Dogmantra
2010-05-13, 02:11 AM
Lloyd

"Hi everyone." says Lloyd, starting to eat his cereal with a plastic spoon, which he takes from his pocket. "Bobby, we didn't have any mentalism homework did we? 'm sure we had to do something."

Yuki Akuma
2010-05-13, 05:08 AM
[OOC: Rules for true names? Well... In order to cast a spell on someone you can't see you have to say their name. So I guess that?]

The cafeteria is quite noisy, even with only about thirty children in it. So noisy, in fact, it's rather hard to hear the "Pssst!" from under the table, near Lloyd's feet. "Pssst!"

Anyone ducking under the table to see what was making that sound may be surprised to find... What looks like a stuffed bunny. It has blue 'fur', with a white belly, and large brown eyes that seem to be made of glass... It's looking up at Lloyd (or at least at Lloyd's knees), trying to get his attention!

Dogmantra
2010-05-13, 05:15 AM
Lloyd

Lloyd feels something brush against his legs. At first, he thinks it's Jinx, but when he looks, Lloyd discovers that it's some sort of toy rabbit. Without thinking, he picks it up and puts it on the table.

senrath
2010-05-13, 12:13 PM
Bobby

"I think we just had to read the next chapter in our book. And what's that?" Bobby said, as Lloyd lifted something up from beneath the table. It looked like a stuffed rabbit, but it seemed to be alive.

UglyPanda
2010-05-13, 02:41 PM
Margaret

"It's a bunny! Hello, little guy! Can I pet you?"

Margaret stands on her chair and leans forward to get a closer look at the stuffed animal.

"You're so cute! I'm going to call you Mr. Fluffy."

Yuki Akuma
2010-05-14, 04:31 AM
The bunny seems rather caught off guard as it's lifted up and placed on the table! "Eep!" it squeaks. It opens its mouth to say something else, when Margaret interrupts it. "Huh? U-um... okay?"

The newly-christened Mr. Fluffy pauses for a few seconds, then looks back up to Lloyd. "Um, I've kinda forgotten what I was meant to... o-oh! Mistress sent me to find you! She needs your help!"

Why Lloyd in particular? Who knows.

[OOC: If you want to know what the heck this is, you can roll Cryptozoology if you like.]

Dogmantra
2010-05-14, 05:55 AM
Lloyd

"Uh, hi little guy," says Lloyd to the rabbit, "who is this 'mistress' person? Why does she need my help?" He asks, wondering what this creature is.

Cryptozoology: [roll0]

senrath
2010-05-14, 09:52 AM
Bobby

Bobby just watched in silence as the stuffed rabbit spoke.

UglyPanda
2010-05-14, 11:19 AM
Margaret

"Yay!"

Margaret leaves her seat and walks around to where the stuffed rabbit is. She then proceeds to start petting it.

I bet he's an emissary from Alice, who wants us to save Wendy from the Wicked Witch of the West! Then we'll have to travel through Narnia and fight Lord Zedd and his putties!

Savannah
2010-05-14, 12:35 PM
Rhiannon

Ria rolls her eyes at Margaret's latest comment, but looks curiously at the rabbit.

Yuki Akuma
2010-05-14, 12:57 PM
'Mr. Fluffy' half-closes his eyes and leans in against Margaret's petting. One of his legs begins to thump against the table, although as it's made of felt and plush it isn't very loud. He seems lost in the pettings for a while, before snapping out of it. "U-um. So, yes. My Mistress needs your help! Will you help her? I'm not allowed to say what she wants..."

Ria
This creature seems to be some sort of numina - probably an Imaginary, because Guardians usually don't come in that size.

Savannah
2010-05-14, 02:20 PM
Rhiannon

Ria picks Jinx up and sets him on her lap so that he can see the bunny, too. "Who is your mistress? Does she go to school here?" Ria asks, looking interested.

UglyPanda
2010-05-14, 09:30 PM
Margaret

"So cute!"

"Of course we'll help you! As soon as you tell us what we're supposed to do. And what your boss is called. And you tell an adult where we're going."

Eternal Kanus
2010-05-14, 10:38 PM
Mia

Mia had been staring, enraptured, at the fuzzy creature. "C'mon, Maggie, we can trust Mr. Fluffy!" Turning and shaking its hand-equivalent, Mia smiles widely. "I'll help you and your mistress!"

Dogmantra
2010-05-15, 10:12 AM
Lloyd

"Mr. Fluffy, how are we supposed to know if we can help you if we don't know what we have to do?" asks Lloyd.

Yuki Akuma
2010-05-15, 02:46 PM
The bunny looks somewhat flustered by all the attention! It's obvious it's not used to having so many people around at the same time... "U-um... Mistress said not to say if people can listen! Can we go outside?" It pauses. "Oh! It won't take long, Mistress doesn't want you to, like, travel to the four corners of the planet and collect mystical gems or whatever..."

senrath
2010-05-15, 02:58 PM
Bobby

"I guess we can listen." Bobby said, as he stood up from the table. They had time before classes started for the day, so it couldn't hurt to listen to the rabbit. Right?

Savannah
2010-05-15, 03:44 PM
Rhiannon

Ria shrugs, finishes the last bites of her breakfast, and stands up as well. "If it doesn't take too long."

UglyPanda
2010-05-15, 07:41 PM
Margaret

"Mommy and Daddy said that an adult should always know where I am. I'm going to have to tell one of the teachers."

Margaret looks around the cafeteria for an aide or a figure of authority.

Dogmantra
2010-05-15, 08:02 PM
Lloyd

Lloyd addresses the rabbit first: "Well I guess we can help, but we're going to have to go to lessons if it takes too long." He then looks at Margaret. "Maggie," he says, careful not to use her full name, "don't you think it might be better if we don't tell a teacher, just this once? It won't take long, and they might wonder why we're going there."

UglyPanda
2010-05-16, 10:25 PM
Margaret

"Mommy and Daddy said that an adult should always know where I am."

"I'm just going to tell her we're leaving and give them my phone number. It's easy. Mommy told me that it's easy to remember 10 numbers if I make it into a song."

Yuki Akuma
2010-05-17, 06:57 AM
The bunny looks excited. "Yay! Okay, follow me!" He hops off the table, seeming to ignore Margaret saying she's going to go find an adult.

There are adults in the room, of course. It's currently Susan Kroft's turn to watch the cafeteria this morning.

senrath
2010-05-17, 10:41 AM
Bobby

Shrugging, Bobby made sure he had everything he had come with, then followed after the bunny. This was shaping up to be an interesting day.

Savannah
2010-05-17, 11:32 AM
Rhiannon

Ria picks up Jinx and follows the bunny quickly, trying to avoid the notice of any teachers in the cafeteria.

UglyPanda
2010-05-17, 12:01 PM
Margaret

Margaret walks up to Ms. Kroft and pulls on her pant leg to get her attention.

"Ms. Kroft, a talking bunny wants me and Mimi and Lou to go do something that it can't tell us about. It's not really a bunny, but more like a talking plushie, but it looks like a bunny."

"Can we get permission to go follow the bunny down the bunny hole?"

Eternal Kanus
2010-05-17, 01:11 PM
Mia

Smiling widely, Mia follows the bunny, copying its hopping.

Yuki Akuma
2010-05-17, 01:24 PM
"Mrs. Kroft. I'm married, dear. Remember?" comes the reply of the Cybermancy teacher, as she peers down at Margaret. She looks... puzzled. "Um. That's nice dear. Just be sure not to get carried away playing with your friends and turn up for class on time, okay?"

Mr. Fluffy, meanwhile, hops off out of the cafeteria, towards the garden by the lake!

Dogmantra
2010-05-17, 03:06 PM
Lloyd

Once Margaret has asked and been granted permission, Lloyd waits for her to start following the rabbit and asks "Who's Lou?"

Lou? Seriously. LOU?
:smallfurious:
:smallmad:
:smallannoyed:
:smallamused:
:smalltongue:

UglyPanda
2010-05-17, 04:35 PM
Margaret

"Thank you very much, Mrs. Kroft!"

Margaret, still a bit hungry, grabs two pieces of french toast and a paper plate before grabbing her bag and catching up to the rest.

"Who's Lou?"
"You're Lou, right? I'm sorry. I'm not good with remembering stuff."

Dogmantra
2010-05-18, 03:47 AM
Lloyd

"Oh, uh..." Lloyd laughs nervously. "Um... I'm, uh, I'm Lloyd, not Lou." He quickly changes the subject. "We'd better hurry, or the rabbit will get away without us."

Yuki Akuma
2010-05-18, 11:02 AM
Curiously, the rabbit stops and waits for Lloyd to catch up, but doesn't really seem to care whether or not the others are following! It doesn't try to lose them or anything, either, and seems honestly entertained by Mia's mimicry.

Savannah
2010-05-18, 02:00 PM
Rhiannon

Ria follows the rabbit wherever it leads.

UglyPanda
2010-05-18, 05:13 PM
Margaret

Margaret follows, with a piece of french toast dangling out of her mouth.

Dogmantra
2010-05-18, 05:20 PM
Lloyd

Lloyd also follows the bunny, curious as to why it's interested in him specifically.

Yuki Akuma
2010-05-19, 05:58 PM
The children are lead across the grounds, to the exotic garden by the lake. The bunny pauses for a while, sniffing at the air in confusion. Then it seems to smell something, as it bounds into a bush. "Mistress! Mistress! I found one!"

There's no reply for a few moments... But then, suddenly, something erupts from the bush, scattering leaves! It takes a few moments to figure out the fact that some of those leaves aren't actually from the bush, and are instead all that seems to be covering the body of a very, very small woman - or girl, it's hard to tell at this size. She's wearing a dress apparently made of a few leaves stitched together... And she has wings. Large, gossamer wings.

It's a fairy, obviously. She's holding a bright orange jewel in her hands - it looks around the size of a marble. She peers at Lloyd...

UglyPanda
2010-05-19, 08:32 PM
Margaret

"Where did you go, Mr. Fluffy?"

Margaret runs into the bush and looks for the stuffed rabbit.

"Mr. Fluffy, where are you?"

Looking up at the fairy, she asks "Excuse me, have you seen a cute little fuzzy bunny anywhere?"

Dogmantra
2010-05-20, 05:25 AM
Lloyd

Lloyd notices the fairy staring at him, and it makes him slightly uneasy. "Um... hello?" he says. "Could you stop looking at me like that? It's making me feel all weird."

Yuki Akuma
2010-05-20, 06:00 AM
The fairy continues to stare for a few moments. Then, she suddenly thrusts the marble-sized gem towards Lloyd, dropping it if he doesn't take it, and quickly fluttering off!

Mr. Fluffy pokes his head out from the bush, looking a little confused as his 'mistress' flies off. "Um. Can you keep hold of that?"

UglyPanda
2010-05-20, 07:48 PM
Margaret

"Okey-dokey." Margaret, not sure what the stuffed rabbit is referring to, picks it up instead. Holding the rabbit in her arms, she softly strokes it.

She then looks over and sees the shiny bauble.

"Don't pick it up! It's a fairy thing! It might explode!"

OOC:
[roll0]

Eternal Kanus
2010-05-21, 07:33 PM
Mia

When Margaret shouts over at Lloyd, Mia looks confused briefly. "But, um, Maggie, isn't Mr. Fluffy a fairy thing then?"

senrath
2010-05-21, 07:40 PM
Bobby

Grinning at Margaret's actions, Bobby turned his attention to the bauble that the fairy had given to Lloyd. "I wonder what it is, though."

Savannah
2010-05-21, 08:00 PM
Rhiannon

"I wonder why she left it for you. Pick it up and see what happens."

UglyPanda
2010-05-21, 09:07 PM
Margaret

"No, he's a bunny. That thing on the ground is something that belonged to a fairy."

Dogmantra
2010-05-22, 03:41 AM
Lloyd

"Uh... yeah, does anyone have an idea what that is?" says Lloyd "'cause I'm not touching that if I'm not sure that I won't turn into a frog or something."

Savannah
2010-05-22, 03:49 AM
Cryptozoology: [roll0] to see if she knows anything about fairy items (or anything relevant about fairies themselves).

Yuki Akuma
2010-05-22, 07:12 AM
The bunny peers up at Margaret for a moment or two. "Well, I was summoned by a fairy, you know..." He then points at Lloyd. "Anyway, he's a Fae as well! Isn't he?" The bunny doesn't seem to mind being cuddled, though, because he's not trying to break away.

Margaret
You seem to remember that, while fairy's are pranksters, it's generally considered polite to accept gifts from them, at least until they're gone.

Savannah
While fairies are pranksters, you're sure they're not malicious - if it turns Lloyd into a frog it probably won't last longer than an hour or two.

Dogmantra
2010-05-22, 08:03 AM
Lloyd

"Well yeah, but what does that have to do with anything? I hope they know I'm not going to do anything weird to them. I don't know what that's going to do to me..."

UglyPanda
2010-05-22, 11:59 AM
Margaret

"Does that mean I can summon you, Mr. Fluffy?"

"The thingie is probably safe, Lloyd. But you shouldn't say it's yours until the fairy comes back and says it is."

OOC:
I'm having trouble trying to make/use a child's speech pattern. It doesn't help that I spend almost no time around children and my own speech pattern as a child was bizarre.

Savannah
2010-05-22, 03:10 PM
Rhiannon

"Pick it up. Go on. Do it. You'll be late for class if you wait. Besides, anything it does to you won't be permanent." The last comment is offhand, as if Ria doesn't care what it might do to Lloyd.

Dogmantra
2010-05-22, 09:37 PM
Lloyd

"Fine. I'll take it, but you" he says, addressing Mr. Fluffy, "have to stay with us because you know about it. Maggie, you're in charge of keeping Mr. Fluffy around." With that said, Lloyd picks up the glowing orange stone.

(OOC: UglyPanda I think you're doing a great job. 11 and 12 year olds don't actually have hugely different speech patterns from a lot of adults, so don't worry about not going far enough)

Yuki Akuma
2010-05-22, 09:43 PM
The Imaginary bunny looks up at the girl holding it for a moment, tilting its head to one side. One of its ears flops comically over one eye. "...I dunno. Maybe? I don't know anything about magic... You're a witch, shouldn't you know?"

As Lloyd picks up the gem, a sudden jolt rips through his spine. It's not painful, but it's quite surprising... The gem feels warm, almost alive. There's an odd throb of power within it, that feels almost like a slow heartbeat.

UglyPanda
2010-05-22, 09:58 PM
Margaret

"No, Miss Cadabra hasn't taught us about fluffy animals yet. She did teach us a lot about top hats though."

Margaret looks at the rabbit, then fails to recognize the connection between rabbits and magical hats. "Do you want a hat, Mr. Fluffy?"

She then finishes up one of her pieces of toast and yells out "Miss Fairy! Do you want a piece of french toast? I can summon you up some milk and honey if you want!"

Eternal Kanus
2010-05-24, 02:43 PM
Mia

Mia walks over and starts playing with Mr. Fluffy's ear, flipping it up and down. "You could prob'ly summon Mr. Fluffy, you're good at conjuration!"

Savannah
2010-05-24, 03:46 PM
Rhiannon

Ria doesn't seem to care about the bunny, instead she focuses on Lloyd. "Well? What is it?"

UglyPanda
2010-05-24, 04:39 PM
Margaret

"I'm not that good at it." she says, diverting her gaze from Mia.

"Ms. Fairy, where are you? can you teach me how to summon Mr. Fluffy?"

Dogmantra
2010-05-25, 11:06 AM
Lloyd

Lloyd looks at the stone, then at Ria. "I have no idea what it is."

Yuki Akuma
2010-05-27, 04:22 PM
There's no answer from the fairy. Mr. FLuffy looks up at Margaret with large, glass eyes. "Um. My summoning's about to expire. So, um." He looks slightly distressed.

Meanwhile, the bell rings. Five minutes until class!

UglyPanda
2010-05-27, 04:46 PM
Margaret

Margaret starts to panic. "But... but... we haven't even played together yet! Please don't disappear, Mr. Fluffy!"

Margaret's smile quickly turned into a frown and her brow became ever more furrowed as she tried to think of a way to save her new friend.

The young girl's mind desperately sifts through all the possibilities, thinking to think of whether re-summoning the rabbit would work or if she could somehow extend the power of the original spell by augmenting it with her own magic.

"What's your true name? Maybe that might help!"

The girl then removes her bracelet, which then turns into a shining staff, as large as its owner is tall. The girl then focuses her will through the staff and tries her hardest to help her rabbit friend.

OOC:
Do I get a bonus from goody-goody for either of these? Casting would also get another +1, due to the type of wand chosen.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Yuki Akuma
2010-05-27, 04:55 PM
"My... true name? Umm. I don't think I really have a name? I don't really 'exist', so..." The bunny trails off slowly.

Margaret
If this is an Imaginary, feeding it imagination directly might help. Feeding an Imaginary imagination isn't hard - you just give it a Zap point.

UglyPanda
2010-05-27, 05:05 PM
Margaret

"Concentrate! This is what I imagine your history is!"

"Mr. Fluffy, your name is Reginald Gregory Bernard Fluffy! Your parents are Mr. and Mrs. Fluffy. They were both born and raised in Liverpool, but moved to Essex some time before you were born."

"Your first friend was Shannon McFurry, but you stopped talking to each other because she thought boys were icky."

It was a bit of a gambit, but Margaret attempted to feed the rabbit's life force directly through a combination of her magic and her imagination. Then she takes the far simpler approach and gives it an imaginary carrot.

OOC:
Margaret feeds the creature a zap point, hopefully keeping it around longer for some period of time.

Yuki Akuma
2010-05-27, 05:17 PM
There's a few brief moments. Then, Mr. Fluffy seems to shimmer for a moment, before he peers up at Margaret! "...You don't need to tell me all that, you know."

The fairy is still nowhere to be seen. Meanwhile, the marble-sized gem continues to throb lightly in Lloyd's hand, and the bell stops ringing.

UglyPanda
2010-05-27, 05:37 PM
Margaret

"I'm late for class! Hang on, Mr. Fluffy."

Margaret puts away her wand and gently places Mr. Fluffy in the hood of her cloak. She then power-walks to her next class, trying to make sure at least one foot was on the ground at a time. She didn't want to get in trouble for running in the halls on top of being late for class.

While walking to class, she takes note that she still has a piece of french toast left and throws it away.

Eternal Kanus
2010-05-27, 07:13 PM
Mia

When the first bell rings Mia, turns and panics, running half the distance back before slowing to a walk. Midway through her run, she shouts over her shoulder "Bye, Mr. Fluffy!" before continuing on to her class.

Savannah
2010-05-27, 07:26 PM
Rhiannon

As soon as the bell rings, Ria sets off at a brisk pace towards the school, Jinx trotting after her.

senrath
2010-05-27, 07:38 PM
Bobby

Shaking his head at Margaret's actions, Bobby took off towards his next class. He didn't want to miss any of it.

Dogmantra
2010-05-28, 05:05 AM
Lloyd

Lloyd, noticing people are starting to go to class, shoves the gem into his pocket and starts to run. He doesn't want to be late again.

UglyPanda
2010-05-30, 12:05 PM
Margaret

Eventually, Margaret manages to get to her class. Divination was the first thing on her schedule, and Margaret didn't really like it. She continually felt that her teacher didn't like her job, and worse, that she didn't like children.

She took her seat by the window, checked that the rabbit was still in her hood, and prepared to take notes.

Dogmantra
2010-05-31, 09:06 AM
Lloyd

Lloyd arrives at Divination a few minutes after Magaret. "Sorry I'm late, miss," he says, "again."

Yuki Akuma
2010-05-31, 09:14 AM
Class goes by relatively normally - at least, as normal as classes that focus on magical subjects can go.

The Divination students are informed that they have a practical lesson next Thursday that they need to prepare for - they'll be learning to read objects in order to find out information on their owners. Each student will need to bring an object they treasure dearly so that they'll have the right resonance for the other students to identify.

This can't end well.

In Cryptozoology, meanwhile, Bobby learns about Hippogriffs. No practical example today, as Hippogriffs don't do well in captivity, so domesticating them is illegal. Instead, the children are forced to make do with their textbooks. Miss McCormick seems just as into Hippogriffs as she is every other animal in the world - magical or mundane.

Curses, meanwhile, is about sympathetic magic. Today, the students are making voodoo dolls. Which seems to be something of a dangerous thing to teach children, but there you go. For safety, each student is making a doll of themselves...

Savannah
2010-05-31, 11:47 AM
Rhiannon

Ria, sitting in the back of the class, adds a little black cat made of as much of Jinx's hair as she can pull off her clothes to her voodoo doll.

UglyPanda
2010-05-31, 04:18 PM
Margaret

Margaret, not trusting of the other students, or most people in general, writes out of list of as many protective wards as she can think of to place around one of her teddy bears. Her suspicion that the teacher didn't like the students only intensified.

Once the lesson is over, Margaret packs up, pets the plushie riding in her hood, then heads to her next class.

senrath
2010-06-01, 09:41 PM
Bobby

Bobby enjoyed learning about Hippogriffs, although he was rather disapointed that they wouldn't actually get to see one in real life. The classes where there was an actual animal were the most interesting ones of all. Once class was over, he stuffed his textbook back into his bag, and headed off to Conjuration.

Dogmantra
2010-06-02, 05:18 AM
Lloyd

Mostly distracted by thoughts of the orange gem, Lloyd only hears half the things his teacher says. He just catches that he has to bring a treasured possession to his next class and promptly forgets all about the gem, instead wondering what he will bring as he slowly walks to cybermancy.

Eternal Kanus
2010-06-02, 12:39 PM
Mia

During class Mia was intensely focused, as usual. Her thoughts only drifted once she was told the assignment, as she didn't have much that could be considered a 'treasured possession'. Mundane objects she tended to just be summoned, and her parents tried to keep her from relying on magical objects made by others if she could avoid it. As a result she had little connection to much that she owned, leaving just her ring, the first item she permanently enchanted herself.

Worrying about handing it over to someone else, Mia absentmindedly walks to her Mysticism class once Divination ends.

UglyPanda
2010-06-04, 08:06 PM
Margaret

"Mimi, where are you going? Conjuration is that way." she says, pointing in the opposite direction of where Mia was previously heading.

"Do you think we should talk to her about her 'Poof' at the beginning of class? I don't think that it's good for anyone's lungs."

Eternal Kanus
2010-06-05, 09:17 PM
Mia

When the older girl stops Mia, she blinks briefly before turning around. "Oh yeah, it's Tuesday!" She starts walking in the correct direction. "Sorry, I was just distracted."

Savannah
2010-06-05, 09:22 PM
Rhiannon

After curses, Ria lingered to ask the teacher a question about the finer points of voodoo doll crafting then hurried to her history class, barely arriving on time.

Yuki Akuma
2010-06-06, 05:31 AM
On their way to Conjuration, Margaret and Mia find themselves accosted by a Neophyte! Melody Kroft, to be specific - nine years old, and daughter of Derrick and Susan Kroft. She's clutching an envelope in one hand, and looking quite out of breath. "H-hi," the girl says, as she gulps down air. Did she run all the way here from the office? "You're friends with Lloyd Wright, right? Auntie Mistt wants to see him, but I don't know where he is..."

UglyPanda
2010-06-06, 12:32 PM
Margaret

"Umm... I don't know where he is. Don't they know at the office?"

Eternal Kanus
2010-06-10, 11:18 AM
Mia

"I think he has... history! No, um... Healing? Mysticism? Um..." Mia looks off, scratching her head. She quickly then turns back, half shouting. "Oh yeah! It's healing! I remember 'cause I remember he has a class for a school of magic he's not too familiar with."

UglyPanda
2010-06-10, 09:10 PM
Margaret

"Wait a minute. This school doesn't have a loudspeaker?"

"I thought all schools in America had loudspeakers. American TV lied to me! Just like Japanese TV lied to me about cute boys in spandex on motorcycles!"

Margaret may be acting a bit melodramatic, but... well... ok, so there's no real reason for her to be melodramatic other than a lack of decent socialization.

Yuki Akuma
2010-06-11, 03:57 AM
Susan takes a step away from Margaret! "Wh-why would the school need a loudspeaker?" She looks a little worried! "Um. Well.. he has Healing now? Okay! Thanks!" And she quickly dashes off before Margaret can get any more melodramatic.

Soon, she skids to a halt outside the Healing classroom, opening the door and peering in. "Ummm... excuse me? Lloyd? I have a letter from Aun- um, Miss Mistt for you."

Dogmantra
2010-06-11, 06:13 AM
Lloyd

Lloyd is just sitting down inside the Healing classroom, and on seeing Susan, he looks confused. "Could I, uh, have the letter? Can I read it here? What's it about?"

UglyPanda
2010-06-11, 09:23 PM
Margaret

After that brief, out-of-character moment, Margaret heads over to Conjuration class. She tries her hardest to open up the windows of the classroom, but one of them is stuck closed and another is too difficult for the little girl to move on her own. At least that'll stop the smoke problem just a little. she thinks to herself.

Yuki Akuma
2010-06-14, 06:29 AM
[OOC: I'm sorry for not posting in this thread much. I'm feeling somewhat uninspired recently. I know where I want the story to go, just...]

Susan ums a little bit! "Um, s-sure... I dunno what it's about, but... Aun- M-miss Mistt said it was urgent." The young Neophyte hands Lloyd the letter.

The letter is written in the familiar spidery hand of the headmistress. It requests that Lloyd report to her at once, and take along the four friends he brought to meet the fairy this morning. It also requests that he bring the bauble the fairy gave him.

Miss Mistt sees all.

Dogmantra
2010-06-15, 01:21 AM
Lloyd

Lloyd gestures towards the door, saying "Can I?", while walking out of the classroom anyway. He runs to the Conjuration classroom, and knocks on the door. When it's answered, his heart racing, he says "Excuse me miss but MissMistt'smysteriousletterletsmeMiaRhiaBobbyandMa rgaretknowthatwe'rewantednowforhowlongIdon'tknow. So can they be excused to go?" No surprise that he trips over his words while saying it and has to repeat himself a few times.

UglyPanda
2010-06-17, 04:38 PM
Margaret

Margaret just looks at Lloyd strangely, not really understanding why he ran. Students are always supposed to take their time when they do things, so they can miss more class.

She then packs up and starts to leave the room, mumbling to herself about loudspeakers and how they're so much more efficient than messengers.

Eternal Kanus
2010-06-18, 02:39 PM
Mia

Once she manages to understand Lloyd, Mia starts looking anxiously between Ms. Cadabra and Lloyd, until given the go-ahead, upon where she quickly grabs her stuff and heads out.

senrath
2010-06-18, 02:41 PM
Bobby

Shrugging, Bobby collected his stuff before standing up. He had been interested in the class, but if Miss Mistt wanted to see him, then he had to go.

Savannah
2010-06-18, 03:51 PM
Rhiannon

Ria sits, oblivious to the others' actions, in her classroom.

Dogmantra
2010-06-21, 09:27 AM
Lloyd

Lloyd then goes to the History classroom, and repeats the whole spiel, remembering to be a little slower and actually breathe this time.

Savannah
2010-06-21, 12:21 PM
Rhiannon

Ria rolls her eyes at the interruption of her class, but gathers her things and follows Lloyd without waiting for the teacher's permission.

Yuki Akuma
2010-06-23, 11:39 AM
Eventually, skipping forward slightly, everyone is gathered in Miss Mistt's office. The motherly woman looks quite stern at the moment. It's quite obvious she knows precisely what happened earlier today, but she still asks, in a soft voice, what exactly happened regarding the fairy earlier this morning.

UglyPanda
2010-06-23, 09:01 PM
Margaret

"Oh, it was so great, I got a bunny!"

Margaret reaches into her hood and shows the headmistress the stuffed rabbit.

"His name is Mr. Fluffy! Isn't he so cute?"

"Oh yeah, his master was a fairy, but she disappeared and then Mr. Fluffy almost disappeared, so I guess the fairy wanted me to have Mr. Fluffy and I'm going to take care of him and introduce him to my bear buddies. Isn't he just the cutest thing, Mrs. Mistt?"

Savannah
2010-06-24, 03:45 PM
Rhiannon

Ria hangs back in the group, looking gloomy and not saying anything.

Dogmantra
2010-06-28, 10:15 AM
Lloyd

"So basically Miss Mistt, that's what happened and if we broke any rules or anything we're all really sorry and we won't do it again and we promise to make up for it somehow." Says Lloyd, before adding "So um... you don't know what this is, do you?" getting out the gem he was given by the fairy.