PDA

View Full Version : Invasion IC thread

Gamerlord
2010-05-11, 01:15 PM
WEEK ONE OF THE TERRA INVASION

Terra. A beautiful planet 3 1/2 times the size of earth born from the suffering and bloodshed of a civil war, it has been many a year since the war ended. The people of this land call themselves humans, they have made many advances since the civil war. They have a fine fleet, and a fine army. But now comes another test, a Kasvagorian invasion fleet, even as this narration is being said, has just dropped out of FTL speed near the planet, with fierce warriors prepared to enslave and kill every human that opposes them. The battle for Terra....has begun.

Invasion approval: 5 out of 10.

Quick scans on the invaders reveal:

*Four foot tall fish people
*Large numbers
*FTL, lasers, and light armor
*MASSIVE motherships with ludicrously powerful shields
*Other ships appear to encircle mothership, small and nimble.

zergling001
2010-05-12, 10:08 PM
I'm just going to roleplay it day by day or action by action cause if i just say what everything happened in a week then i might as well not roleplay at all. Its not gonna be everyday i roleplay, probably like one or two posts for a week, or do you want a day by day

Aboard the Steel baron:

Grand Marshal Hollstrom stands by his station and listens as a sentry from the observation posts of the planet relayed their information. He turns on the intercom and links all ship commanders to it.

"All ships scramble immediately, fighters at the ready, shields up, weapons on. Form at the direction of the enemy fleet. There is an enemy fleet that has just exited a jump. I want destroyers and frigates around our capital ships and the Steel Baron. Get your weapons hot. Good luck men."

Now, opening a new channel, he relays the information back down to the Greater World Republic's ground command.

"Sound the alarm, get everyone into shelters and bunkers, put the military on high alert, orbital batteries at the ready."

The entire fleet assembles together.

"Fire all lances towards that huge hunkering piece of junk. Shoot nukes and missiles in succession. Fire all three Phase Batteries towards the mothership. Make EVERY shot count."

(to the commanders): "Fire nukes and missiles at the small ships, lance after lance at the motherships."

The nukes and missiles hiss as they exit their chambers, flying towards the mothership. Carefully aimed lances beam across the void of space, so fast that only a small flash is seen. The lances strike their targets with extreme precision and horrifying shield and armour penetration, as they can penetrate even shields and slice a ship in half. Phase beams light the black space, blinding almost everyone for a brief moment, until they 'hit' their target. The light is so bright no one can even spot where the shots came from. Small, but heavily armed frigates fire as well, as volley after volley bound across the void. The phase beams seem to halt right before they contact the mothership's shields. Then, the extraordinary happens. They leap inside the shields and contact the mothership. All three of them. Each phase beam with the explosive power strong enough to rip apart small moon whilst releasing nanites that devour the ships armoured plating. The destroyers huddle around the Capital ships, making a screen, whilst the light and heavy small frigates fire their nukes and missiles. The capital ships also release roughly 200 interceptor fighters into the void, swarming around the fleet to prevent anything getting through.

The beams don't fly at one mothership however. They fly towards two of them, allowing the destruction of two motherships simultaneously.

(quick note, i hope you realise the destructive power of the Lance i provided you in the entire army description that i sent you @gamerkid. These things can rip apart ships AND shields, literally burning a giant hole in a ship. And the Baron has 20 of these.)