PDA

View Full Version : I want MGS Portable ops

pendell
2010-05-11, 05:13 PM
Problem: I don't possess a PSP.

Is there a way to *legally* -- in every sense of the word -- acquire the game without also acquiring the game console it's built for, and play it? As a software developer myself, it behooves me to play by the rules that are my own bread and butter also. But I can't keep buying game systems just to play one game on them. Is it available on Steam, or a related service?

Respectfully,

Brian P.

raitalin
2010-05-11, 05:15 PM
If you posses a physically copy of the game it is totally legal to use an emulator to play it.

Mando Knight
2010-05-11, 05:21 PM
If you posses a physically copy of the game it is totally legal to use an emulator to play it.

That's widely debated and depends on the EULA of the software in question.

There is no current way to obtain a definitely legal non-PSP copy of MGS Portable Ops that I'm aware of.

Dispozition
2010-05-11, 05:25 PM
Even if it's legal to use a rom of the game if you own it, it would be illegal to ues the emulator if you don't own the system.

Pretty much, you'll need to get a PSP if you want to be legal about this.

lesser_minion
2010-05-11, 05:45 PM
The only thing I can say is to play it safe, unless you're willing to ask an appropriate legal professional (who could easily end up costing more than a PSP).

If we told you to do anything else, not only would we end up potentially in trouble, but we could also end up creating legal trouble for the forum staff.