PDA

View Full Version : Pelethas

nysisobli
2010-05-11, 10:10 PM
The wind was whipping around each and every one of you.
Standing aboard Tyranny's End, you see a large ship off the portside.

There be are target boys, the captain was yelling.

For each head ya bring me ill give ya each a tenth a share, this here be the ship of Captain Lovingsworth, rumored to have artifacts from below on it. Ye has one hour to prepare, then we's startin the raiding party.

The captain placed the pirates in groups of 5-6, and on the ship there were a good 30 groups. The 6 of you were placed in the same group, you have one hopur to prepare.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-05-11, 10:21 PM
Deinagen

The wind blowed, making his cloak billow. Deinagen Syronatr allowed himself a smile as the captain shouted orders; if everything went well, his master would be pleased. But now to bussiness. He went into a secluded space far from prying eyes and started the ritual that would infuse his body with magical energy. He stood there meditating with his flaming symbol. Letting the negative energy infuse his Being. After some time of cotemplation he smiles, every fiber of his being charged.

"I think now is a good moment to return with the captain and the lads....

pcamp88
2010-05-11, 10:32 PM
Korcian beings to limber himself up, preparing himself for any "physical" challenges that may await them ahead. His hands begin to sweat lightly as he grows more and more anxious.

"Righto. How much do ya reckon they've got on that boat? I'm hoping at least enough to make this all worth it..."

Soronhen
2010-05-11, 10:47 PM
Lamafel sets his quiver on the deck and takes out his whetstone to begin sharpening his blades for the fight. He squints into the distance, trying to assess the enemy ship.

To Korcian:
"I'm sure there will be plenty for all of us. I'd bet we'll rake in more than our fair share, what with the fearsome looking bunch we've been grouped with. Did you see that warforged?"

nysisobli
2010-05-11, 10:56 PM
A scrawny looking pirate approaches your group, and says I hear there are some powerful magiks aboard that ship. Maybe even the fabled dagger of dusk. I hear the captain thinks most of us won't be coming back alive.

Soronhen
2010-05-11, 11:16 PM
This visibly takes a bit of the wind out of Lamafel's sails, but he recovers and says:

Hmph. More loot for the rest of us then!

nysisobli
2010-05-11, 11:25 PM
Captain Lovingsworth be the only man that Captain Reginforth ever feared.

Then on almost as if on cue, The Captain spoke, any group who brings me Reginforths head gets a promotion and 1 full share.

player knowledge: the usual payment is 1/2 a share.

Eldonauran
2010-05-11, 11:27 PM
Gorian Stoneheart

Gorian eyes the other ship and spits off the side of the ship, looking as if he was slightly irritated. "Aye ain't scured o' no pansy waisted, good far nuttin ship hands! Gimme one chance to wet thar blade o' me urgrosh wit their life's blood and see iffen I don't get me share all quick like." Gorian exclaims, one of his massive brows raised skyward, enough to see the red rimmed, bloodshot whites of his eyes and the disc of pure grey granite that gives his eyes color.

Gorian pulls out his black, spiked gauntlet and slips it over his left hand, flexing his fingers to test out his mobility. Happy with the movement, he buckls his buckler to the same arm and hefts his dwarven urgrosh in his right. A few practice swings and he is ready to go. "Stick close to me iffen you want to live through the battle! Evera mage needs a big, ugly hunk of meat and steel in front o' him if he wants to survive!"

Gorian tilts his head and memorizes that name. Reginforths .... Reginforths .... Reginforths "Dibs on this Reginforths"

Soronhen
2010-05-11, 11:39 PM
Lamafel grins and gives Korcian an "I think I'm going to like this dwarf" look.

"You just keep 'im busy long enough for me to stick fletching 'twixt 'is eyes."

nysisobli
2010-05-11, 11:46 PM
You hear a rumble, as you watch the main mast of your ship go down, showering everyone with splinters, the other ship seems to not be running away, it seems to have opened fire.

The is ship shaking violently from side to side. But the good news is thier ship is within boarding distance.

Just a simple walk across a very narrow board, above an almost endless abyss. What do you do?

Frozen Messiah
2010-05-11, 11:51 PM
For each head ya bring me ill give ya each a tenth a share, this here be the ship of Captain Lovingsworth, rumored to have artifacts from below on it. Ye has one hour to prepare, then we's startin the raiding party.

When the captain said one hour Clockwork had placed a large steel hourglass on the deck that was so heavy that it did not move with the swaying of the ship. "Reginforth. Captain feared. Must be strong." Clockwork said in his cold monotone voice. He pulled out his greatsword, looked it over for 15 seconds and then resheathed it, and then he took out his flail and checked it for 15 seeconds and then put that back. When it came to his halberd he looked it over for 20 seconds and then shook his head, Piston took the halberd and placed it down beside his hourglass.

"Bow is improper choice of weapon. Ship to small to allow for proper shooting. Will become useless when attacked in melee. Switch to blades or Shoot now. Must compensate for wind" Clockwork said in response to the archer beside him not moving his eyes off the ship. He slowly cracked every knuckle he had after a 5 second delay for each.

Eldonauran
2010-05-11, 11:56 PM
You hear a rumble, as you watch the main mast of your ship go down, showering everyone with splinters, the other ship seems to not be running away, it seems to have opened fire.

The is ship shaking violently from side to side. But the good news is thier ship is within boarding distance.

Just a simple walk across a very narrow board, above an almost endless abyss. What do you do?

(OOC: If the board is narrow enough to walk across without a balance check, Gorian will attempt to cross it. If its short enough for a jump check to clear it, Gorian will attempt a running jump, with a +8 modifier from skills)

Frozen Messiah
2010-05-11, 11:57 PM
"Too early." Clockwork says quietly to himslef as he grabs the hourglass and turns it over and picks up his halberd, "Maybe I was wrong."
Clockwork than takes his halberd and braces it under his arm and then grabs it with his other hand. Once set he rushes straight at the plank fully ready to do battle but says nothing.

nysisobli
2010-05-12, 12:02 AM
ooc: you can cross it moving half speed without a balance check, or jump it, its not to far.

Upon landing on the Fierce Titan, the first thing you notice is a large portion of the crew seems to have be eaten alive. Bones riddle the ship, and a strange green ichor seems to coat them, the fluid quivers almost as if its breathing.

Soronhen
2010-05-12, 12:23 AM
"Bow is improper choice of weapon. Ship to small to allow for proper shooting. Will become useless when attacked in melee. Switch to blades or Shoot now. Must compensate for wind"

Feeling contrary, Lamafel sheathes his blades and slings on his quiver.
"I've got it under control. Anyway, I'm more worried about having room to maneuver properly than shooting."

Lamafel walks carefully across the board following the fighters, bow drawn, looking for targets.

He lowers his bow slightly upon seeing the scene on the deck of the Fierce Titan.
"What in the hells..."

pcamp88
2010-05-12, 12:56 AM
Korcian follows the rest of the group on board.

"Hmph. Looks like this job is gonna be a wee bit more than what we bargained for."

Psilulz
2010-05-12, 02:29 AM
Sensing it is the time for action, Krim follows as well
"... Interesting... Doesn't look like something i should touch... A lesson learned by the crew a bit too late it seems."

Eldonauran
2010-05-12, 10:03 AM
Gorian Stoneheart

Gorian safely crosses over the planks and sighes with relief. Why do they have to make those things so narrow? Just asking for someone to fall to their deaths. Gorian shakes himself to clear his head, the metal of his armor and weapons clicking together before falling silent. "So, where are the bloody ship hands!? Aye got a thirsty blade right ---!"

Both of Gorian's excessively large brows rise in mild surprise as he spys the bones and green inchor clinging to them. "How in the bloody hells are we tah take their heads iffen we canna touch the slime!?" Gorian starts cursing quite colorfully in Dwarven and starts to pick his way around the bones, looking for a clean skull to swipe and toss in his empty sack. He keeps a stern grip on the hilt of his dwarven urgrosh, with both hands until he finds one, only releasing the weapon with his left hand in order to grab a clean skull.

Frozen Messiah
2010-05-12, 02:31 PM
Clockwork stops quickly once he gets over to the other side. he keeps his halberd at the ready until all of his crew mates make it over to the other side. Once they get to the other side he puts away the halberd and takes out his greatsword. "The slime an unkown factor. Seems alive. No threat now. Move on with Captain's orders. Check below deck. Will you come?" Clockwork says keeping his blade resting on his shoulder while he waits for the others to decide, while he waits he taps his thumb to each of his fingers keeping a one second space inbetween each touch.

Soronhen
2010-05-12, 02:42 PM
Lamafel nods. "Definitely. There must be someone down there manning the guns. The captain doesn't seem the sort to pay us for heads we find just lying around, regardless."

nysisobli
2010-05-12, 03:25 PM
When Gorian Stoneheart ripped the skull off of a poor unsuspecting skeleton, he discovered the bones were hollow, as if the slime was burning from the inside out.

The guns continue firing at Tyrannys End.

Psilulz
2010-05-12, 03:29 PM
Krim is obviously taken aback by the spectacle. "Also interesting... and quite unpleasant... Well i suppose there's no point in wasting anymore time around up here. Ready to head down when you guys are."

Eldonauran
2010-05-12, 04:12 PM
Gorian Stoneheart

"Grahh!" Gorian exclaims as he promptly drops the skull and crushes it under his right boot. "Them bones be hallowed out! What eva ate them did so from the inside!" Gorian studies his left hand for any traces of the slime and immediately wipes his palm on his trousers.

Narrowing his eyes until his face appears to be all wrinkles from the beard up, Gorian marches his way towars the hold and shouts, "Alright! Come on out so I can split yer skulls like civilized men!" Gorian motions for the others to follow, "Let's get in formation. Warforged next to me, casters and archers stick to the back. Its roughhousin' time!"

((OOC; Gorian tests the door to see if its locked, if not, he will attempt to break it open))

Strength Check vs Door if needed:
[roll0]

EDIT: Heh, yep. THAT didn't work.

pcamp88
2010-05-12, 09:22 PM
Korcian draws his Bastard Sword from it's scabbard and follows behind Gorian.

"Well, on with it then."

Frozen Messiah
2010-05-12, 09:51 PM
"You failed to break the door. I shall attempt to open it." Clockwork says as he takes a kick at the door.

Strenght Check: [roll0]

nysisobli
2010-05-12, 10:21 PM
Clockwork gets showered with a couple of splinters, but other then that the door refuses to yield.

Soronhen
2010-05-12, 10:32 PM
Lamafel paces a few steps, waiting for the door to open. He glances around the deck, looking for another possible way into the interior of the ship.

nysisobli
2010-05-12, 10:36 PM
The only other way is a small accessway which looks to lead underneath the latrines.

Soronhen
2010-05-12, 11:22 PM
Ahh.. I think I'll pass on that one. I can wait, I just hate to stop moving in the middle of a battle. I can wait.

Psilulz
2010-05-12, 11:27 PM
"Hmm... well this doesn't seem to be working out very well... at least individually... Why don't we try breaking this thing down together?"
Aid another in breaking down the door
[roll0]

Soronhen
2010-05-12, 11:52 PM
"Right! ...ready!"

Aiding Gorian's next STR check on the door:
[roll0]

Frozen Messiah
2010-05-15, 01:08 AM
"Archer. Can you shoot past us? If you can set up to shoot whatvere is behind door. I will take your position on door." Clockwork says as he waits for comfrimation to move.

Soronhen
2010-05-15, 02:57 AM
"Ah! Good thinking!" Lamafel steps back from the door to allow the warforged to take his place, and draws back his bow, squinting down the shaft of the arrow. He sets himself to fire at the nearest enemy (if any) the moment the door opens. "Ready when you are."

Assuming +1 to atk and dmg from Point Blank Shot (within 30'):
Attack roll: [roll0]
Damage roll: [roll1]

nysisobli
2010-05-15, 11:07 PM
You hear a scream come fro mbehind the door, it sounds like something is being eaten alive.

Eldonauran
2010-05-17, 05:37 PM
Gorian Stoneheart

Hearing the screaming behind the door, Gorian tilts his head and grimaces. "Either its more o' that green slime or something far worse!" Gorian exclaims, "Either way, I'm after some heads for my share o' the treasure and damn all that slime iffen it thinks it can take another skull from me!"

Gorian hefts his urgrosh in two hands and raises it above his head, readying to chop the door down. With a bark of effort, Gorian brings the blade down next to the handle in an attempt to get past the locked door by any means necessary.

Attack Roll: Power Attack (-1 to attack, two handed)
[roll0]
Damage Roll: Power Attack (+2 two handed)
[roll1]

nysisobli
2010-05-17, 07:26 PM
The door shatters,o n the other side you see a human male with a shocked look on his face. Half his body is digested, and he has a look on his face as if begging for death.

Soronhen
2010-05-17, 08:05 PM
Lamafel reflexively lines up his shot at the man as the door bursts open, but he is startled at the last moment when he finally sees the man's face and the shot goes wide. "Damn..."

Making sure there are no other threats, Lamafel looks around the room, but seems reluctant to approach the gruesome human, and in fact avoids him like the plague. "He's all yours, dwarf."

Frozen Messiah
2010-05-17, 08:58 PM
Clockwork quickly moves over to the man and grabs his arms and pulls attmpting to get him out of the slime. "Heavily injured. Damage to legs. Looks Sever. Terminate?" Clockwork askes as he pulls out his sword and aims his sword to allow for a cut that would kill him as quickly with as little pain as possible.

pcamp88
2010-05-17, 09:23 PM
Korcian nods at Clockwork in agreement after looking over the poor fellow's body and concluding that he can't be saved.

"It's the least we can do for the poor man. My magic wouldn't be enough to save him from something this horrible."

Eldonauran
2010-05-18, 12:25 PM
Gorian Stoneheart

Gorian grimaces with glee as the door falls before his blow and he kicks a few of the boards out of his way as he stomps past the remains. Both of his eyebrows shoot up when he sees the half-digested man on the floor and is hesitant on nearing the man. He finally makes up his mind to grab the man when the warforged takes the initiative and decision from his hands. Gorian grunts in satisfaction, absently wiping his left hand over his torso to clear imaginary gunk away from it.

"I dunna think killin him right away is a good idea. We needs to know what trans-, what happened and where this slime came from! Let him talk and then we can end his suffering." Gorian turns to view their surroundings, keeping his right hand firmly gripped to the handle of his urgrosh. "I call first takes on any heavy armor we find... I can use an upgrade.."

nysisobli
2010-05-18, 07:49 PM
I need everyone to roll a spot check.

pcamp88
2010-05-18, 08:36 PM
Spot check:

[roll0]

Frozen Messiah
2010-05-18, 09:13 PM
Clockwork decides to watch the area while the group speaks to the man

Spot:[roll0]

Soronhen
2010-05-18, 10:24 PM
Spot check:
[roll0]

Eldonauran
2010-05-18, 11:29 PM
Spot
[roll0]

nysisobli
2010-05-19, 10:35 AM
Everyone takes [roll0] damage, as the slime falls onto you from the ceiling.

Soronhen
2010-05-19, 11:52 AM
"Gaahg!" Lamafel winces in pain, keeping his eyes and mouth tightly closed as he rushes to use the bow in his left hand to try to scrape off globs of the slime that is burning his skin.

Once he is satisfied with this, he tilts his head back to gaze up at the ceiling, then looks around at everyone else covered in slime with an incredulous expression on his face. He exclaims, gesturing wildly, "What in the hells is going on here?! I did not sign on to get covered in this... flesh eating sludge!"

He calms down after a moment, regaining his composure. He lowers his arms apologetically. "Is everyone else all right?"

Psilulz
2010-05-19, 12:47 PM
As the slime falls onto Krim, he lets out a loud cry, "GAHHH" and quickly tries to flings the corrosive goo off onto the walls

nysisobli
2010-05-19, 03:55 PM
It sizzles when you touch it, and you think you hear a hiss,you also notice it is beginning to move towards the group from every direction.

Frozen Messiah
2010-05-19, 05:14 PM
Clockwork reacts quickly to the slime and rolls across the ground to get it off of him. When he get's back to his feet he has his sword ready to attack."We have been flanked. Retreat best option. Take quickest path through." Clockwork says as he eyes the slime that is coming up towards him waiting for the group to decide on an action before he makes a move, but if it comes to close he will take a slash at it.

Soronhen
2010-05-19, 05:52 PM
Lamafel draws his longsword with his right hand, holding his bow off the the side. He crouches low, trying to keep his sword between himself and the advancing ooze, ready to run when he gets an opening. "Yes, lets move," he says to the warforged, "we should be able to hold the doorway."

pcamp88
2010-05-20, 10:30 AM
Korcian nods in agreement with Lamafel and Clockwork, slowly backing up towards the door.

"Aye. I don't want to mess with this...whatever this ooze is without a plan first."

Eldonauran
2010-05-20, 01:34 PM
Gorian Stoneheart

Gorian curses loudly as the acid drops onto his face from the ceiling. His left hand blurs with speed as he takes holds and yanks it away from his face, taking a small bit of flesh with it as well. Another pock-mark or acid burn on his face won't make much of a difference but he'd rather preserve his beard if at all possible. More dwarven curses fall from his mouth as he flings the slime on the ground and proceeds to stomp on it repeatedly.

When he notices the rest of the slime inching towards him, and the group, he turns to face the rest of the group, the upper left portion of his face alread glowing a dark crimson from the bite of the slime, and states, "We need tah move, NOW!"

Gorian then proceeds to push the stranglers out of the cabin and back onto the deck of the ship. Once everyone else is out of the cabin, he follows, keeping an eye at the approaching slime. He uses his left hand, also a dark crimson color from contact with the slime, to grab a small flask from his bag "I've got enough lantern oil on me tah send this ship up in flames! Unless you lot have a better idea, I say we burn out the slime and pick through the ashes!"

Frozen Messiah
2010-05-20, 03:06 PM
Gorian Stoneheart
When he notices the rest of the slime inching towards him, and the group, he turns to face the rest of the group, the upper left portion of his face alread glowing a dark crimson from the bite of the slime, and states, "We need tah move, NOW!"

Gorian then proceeds to push the stranglers out of the cabin and back onto the deck of the ship. Once everyone else is out of the cabin, he follows, keeping an eye at the approaching slime. He uses his left hand, also a dark crimson color from contact with the slime, to grab a small flask from his bag "I've got enough lantern oil on me tah send this ship up in flames! Unless you lot have a better idea, I say we burn out the slime and pick through the ashes!"

Clockwork moves out of the door as the last of the group."Scorched Earth. Appropriate plan. Execute." Clockwork says to Garten

Psilulz
2010-05-20, 09:35 PM
"Good suggestion... a bit of fire would certainly help right about now."

Soronhen
2010-05-24, 05:11 PM
Lamafel nods at Gorian. "I would appreciate it if you did not send the ship up in flames." He sheathes his sword and reaches into a pouch on his belt for his flint and steel. "Now, does anyone have a tindertwig, or shall I...?"