PDA

View Full Version : [4e]Magic Item for a 3rd level assassin/sorcer

Dusk Eclipse
2010-05-11, 10:14 PM
On the 4e campaing I am currently playing, the DM has let us pass an item wishlist with items up to the 7th level.

The problem is that I have no idea what would be a good item for my lvl 3 kobold hybrid assassin/sorcerer

Right now I've got a +1 deathstalker kopesh, a +1 (cloth) robe of quils and a +1 ki implement cobra strike

The party if it matters is composed of:

Eladrin Cleric (Raphnos, my character owes him his life because of last session)
Longtooth shifter warden (My character is REALLY scared of him, he have seen him roasting and eating kobolds :smalleek:)
Changeling Rogue (newbiest to the game but already have a three or so sessions)
Human Hybrid Wizard/rogue
Gnome Wizard (don't know about it except it is the character one DM uses when he isn't Dm'ing)
Halfing Warlord (Ditto for above)
Elandrin Wizard (Cold focused, and as everyone in the party calls here, the party's grandma)

It seems big but not everyone shows every sessions, so normally we have a 3-4 party and if it is two bigs we divide in groups.

Well thanks in advance

DragonBaneDM
2010-05-11, 10:37 PM
A dagger, my friend!

You can use it as an implement AND a weapon to suit both your classes!

Excession
2010-05-11, 10:43 PM
You could grab a +2 Goblin Totem weapon, level 7. Gives a constant +2 item bonus to damage when attacking something larger than you. Great for small races. From the Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide if you need a printed source.

That's probably your best damage boost. What other items are useful depend on where you feel you need help. Do you want more mobility, more healing, out-of-combat boosts?

Edit: I just checked the details for Hybrid Assassin. Getting only ki focuses as implements and not weapons like a real assassin really sucks. If you can avoid Assassin implement powers you're ok, otherwise you end with only the dagger from sorcerer to cover all uses.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-05-11, 10:46 PM
that goblin weapon totem seems good... I'll have to think for a good IG reason to get it though.... but more mobility intrigues me, I usually come up with WEIRD plans that involve a LOT of movement

Excession
2010-05-11, 11:28 PM
A few items that have mobility based powers and properties:

+1 Cape of the Mountebank, level 5, AV. Daily power to teleport 5 as a reaction to getting hit. You also gain CA against the attacker for a round. Downside is it's a daily.
Boots of the Fencing Master, level 7, AV. Gives you a +1 item bonus to AC and Ref when you shift. Encounter power to shift 2 as a minor action.
Acrobat boots, level 2, PHB. Lets you stand up as a minor action at-will, and gives +1 to acrobatics.

Kurald Galain
2010-05-12, 04:00 AM
+1 Cape of the Mountebank, level 5, AV. Daily power to teleport 5 as a reaction to getting hit. You also gain CA against the attacker for a round. Downside is it's a daily.
Boots of the Fencing Master, level 7, AV. Gives you a +1 item bonus to AC and Ref when you shift. Encounter power to shift 2 as a minor action.
Acrobat boots, level 2, PHB. Lets you stand up as a minor action at-will, and gives +1 to acrobatics.

Regarding that cape, there's a similar item in Dragon magazine that works as an interrupt instead.

Those boots? Yeah, grab them. They're two of the few boots actually worth using until epic tier. Note that the acrobat's boots ability is also available for a level-2 skill power.