http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/1481/06138aa.png

I guess he needed more prep-time ;D

Saithis Bladewing
2006-06-23, 02:33 AM
;D

Priceless! ;D

Bookman
2006-06-23, 02:35 AM
haha when I intially clicked on this I was gonna say "He couldn't win because if he could battle his parents they would have never died and Batman would have never happened" But that was........interesting

Jack Mann
2006-06-23, 02:49 AM
Superman has about five seconds before Batman snaps out of it and delivers a kryptonite enema.

Alchemistmerlin
2006-06-23, 02:53 AM
Superman has about five seconds before Batman snaps out of it and delivers a kryptonite enema.

You mean with his kryptonite ring?

http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/740/bvs14fu.png

Yeeeeeeeeeeeah.

Bat-Tsh

Holy_Knight
2006-06-23, 03:02 AM
While those cartoons are funny (and props for the Zorro reference), that's not really Superman. Maybe if instead of Superman it was "totally evil ******* Superman vs. Batman"... ;)

Alchemistmerlin
2006-06-23, 03:03 AM
While those cartoons are funny (and props for the Zorro reference), that's not really Superman. Maybe if instead of Superman it was "totally evil ******* Superman vs. Batman"... ;)

Please see second part of second posted comic. ;D

Also: PUPPETS!

Banjo be praised ;D

Holy_Knight
2006-06-23, 03:07 AM
Please see second part of second posted comic. ;D

No.

Haggis_McCrablice
2006-06-23, 04:12 AM
See the B:TAS episodes "Nothing to Fear" and "Perchance to Dream". Bruce's greatest fear is letting his parents down, and in a Scarecrow gas-induced nightmare sequence he sees Thomas and Martha's angry ghosts berating him. When Hatter shows him his ideal life, with his parents living, he also notes that he's become somewhat of a milquetoast living under Thomas' thumb.

Incidentally, in the series Scarecrow was terrified of bats. But in the comic his greatest fear was birds. Quite ironic....

Jack Mann
2006-06-23, 05:40 AM
The problem is, Alchy, that Superman's a wuss. He's also not very bright compared to Batman. He wouldn't toss him into the sun because of the first reason, and he wouldn't be able to because of the second reason. Sorry.

Saithis Bladewing
2006-06-23, 05:41 AM
While Superman WOULDN'T do it, he's certainly capable of doing it. The point being made is that brains only goes so far when it comes to defeating brawn. You still need both or you'll never stand a chance against anyone.

Jack Mann
2006-06-23, 06:04 AM
True. That's where a good supply of synthetic kryptonite comes in.

Alchemistmerlin
2006-06-23, 10:28 AM
http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/4793/11480506020594xp.png

Ok, so he wouldn't kill Mary Sue, perhaps you're right. But, he HAS given people eye-beam lobotomies before, so it is quite possible he'd do it again. Example.

Steward
2006-06-23, 01:31 PM
The problem is, Alchy, that Superman's a wuss. He's also not very bright compared to Batman. He wouldn't toss him into the sun because of the first reason, and he wouldn't be able to because of the second reason. Sorry.

What about Lord Superman from that episode of JL with the Justice Lords? He is very, very mean.

malagigi
2006-06-23, 01:44 PM
five seconds to the superdickery link...

Ing
2006-06-23, 02:46 PM

www.superdickery.com

Caillach
2006-08-02, 01:43 AM
Yuck. These things are sick. :P

warmachine
2006-08-02, 10:09 AM
The super lobotomy wouldn't stop Superman's human identity being exposed. If it is Batman preventing the release by periodicall stopping it, in dead man switch fashion, he is no longer in a position to do this. The secret would still be released. If someone else checking for Batman's death in the newspapers, they'd eventually notice the absense of stories, make inquiries then assume he's dead anyway. Even if such a person discovers Batman is lobotomised, he'd trigger the release anyway to retaliate.

"But the text says in the event of his death" you say. This isn't AD&D. There is no magic that checks against a specific meaning. Even if there was, Batman uses mundane, high tech, not magic. The mundane is driven by local causation and mechanism, not high level, god-like knowledge.

Compromised identities are still better than a lobotomy, so Superman would still win, but it's a poor victory.

Alchemistmerlin
2006-08-03, 11:16 AM
The super lobotomy wouldn't stop Superman's human identity being exposed. If it is Batman preventing the release by periodicall stopping it, in dead man switch fashion, he is no longer in a position to do this. The secret would still be released. If someone else checking for Batman's death in the newspapers, they'd eventually notice the absense of stories, make inquiries then assume he's dead anyway. Even if such a person discovers Batman is lobotomised, he'd trigger the release anyway to retaliate.

"But the text says in the event of his death" you say. This isn't AD&D. There is no magic that checks against a specific meaning. Even if there was, Batman uses mundane, high tech, not magic. The mundane is driven by local causation and mechanism, not high level, god-like knowledge.

Compromised identities are still better than a lobotomy, so Superman would still win, but it's a poor victory.

"Hi,
You may not remember me, but I'm your sense of humor. I'm the little being that's there to tell you when something isn't meant to be taken seriously. Somewhere along the way, you abandoned me in a truck stop. I really didn't appreciate that, but I'm back now, and would really love to be your companion again. I understand if you don't want me back, I'm sure you're getting along just fine being a boring person who over analyzes life.

Also, the sun says Hi, he thinks you should go outside more often.

Sincerely,
Your Sense of Humor.

P.S. Please get back to me soon"

::)

Also: There's no magic in the DC universe? Wow, and I thought huge portions of the very plausability of their world hinged on it.

You're one of those people who REALLY shouldn't be reading comic books, for the sake of your own sanity and the sanity of others.