PDA

View Full Version : Big O = Batman w/ Mecha

TheSilverKnight
2006-07-02, 07:41 PM
Yah I just pionted this out on the [as] boards wanted to see what the ppl over here thought

Roger = Bruce
Big O = Batman/Batmobiel(sp?)
Norman = Alfred
Police Cheif = Gordan

Your thoughts and add-ons.

RemoJr
2006-07-02, 07:53 PM
yeah, i figured the same thing. Big O even has a clown (the weird guy in the black and white striped suit).

weird strip suit guy = Joker

TheSilverKnight
2006-07-02, 07:57 PM
^ I said the same thing on the [as] boards hehe

medinabard
2006-07-02, 07:57 PM
wierd city without a memory = choatic Gotham

Seraph
2006-07-02, 08:10 PM
funnily enough, I got the same exact impression, though it had to do more with how everything seemed to have the same artistic style as the old Batman cartoons.-

bluish_wolf
2006-07-02, 08:54 PM
The real question is, does this mean that Rodger Smith can beat any other character known to man?

Ing
2006-07-02, 09:20 PM
It's intentional...

the creator of Big O was inspired by BTAS

thus all similarities are infact from Batman...part of the reason why it didnt' do so hot back in Japanland

TheSilverKnight
2006-07-03, 06:02 AM
It's intentional...

the creator of Big O was inspired by BTAS

thus all similarities are infact from Batman...part of the reason why it didnt' do so hot back in Japanland

Really not to sound pickey but where did u hear this because the similarites are just too many so it makes sence. And the anime showed in us first I believe but they had the manga for a long time.

But you have to admit Roger has the best voice actor ever I mean come on he also did Spike, Tom1, Tom2, Master Cheif and others soooo.

Ing
2006-07-03, 12:29 PM
Read a review of the series. the creator had seen and was familar with BTAS, it came after BTAS and those involved sited it as a source of inspiration. its not the only one though

other sources of inspiration include

Metropolis
Dark City
the Shadow

any of the 3 you shoudl familarlize yourself with, especaially Dark City, which is a very good sci-fi movie

TheSilverKnight
2006-07-04, 05:42 AM
^ Thanks for the insight sitll up for other similarites though.

for instance
Dorthy = ?
Angel = ?(Wonder Woman if you are looking at the JL:U)

Ing
2006-07-04, 10:46 AM
Dorthy's based on the android from Metropolis

Yuki Akuma
2006-07-28, 07:11 PM
Anyone who doesn't notice that Roger Smith is Bruce Wayne from the future deserves to be shot.

Seriously. Anyone who's read both Batman and Big O (or watched both, or whatever) would be able to tell right away.

(Oh, and I'd say Roger's car is the Batmobile, and Big O is Batman. :P)

Holy_Knight
2006-07-29, 12:53 AM
I only saw that show a couple of times, but I did think that Roger looked just like an anime Bruce Wayne would.

Yuki Akuma
2006-07-29, 07:16 AM
One thing:

"You're a louse, Roger Smith." - R. Dorothy Wayneright

That is all.

Ryujin
2006-07-30, 08:22 AM
FYI Big O was a Cartoon Network co-production. The plug was pulled on the 3rd season when CN decided that the ratings weren't good enough in the USA for the monetary investment.

CN's of the opinion that cheaper=better nowadays... :P

Yuki Akuma
2006-07-30, 08:49 AM
FYI Big O was a Cartoon Network co-production. The plug was pulled on the 3rd season when CN decided that the ratings weren't good enough in the USA for the monetary investment.

CN's of the opinion that cheaper=better nowadays... :P

No, the second season was a co-production. The first wasn't. ;)

Ryujin
2006-07-31, 03:06 AM
Yes, that's right. :)