PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Oneshot no idea what to play.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-05-12, 04:00 PM
On my FLGS, there is gonna be a gameday event next saturday, and there will be one 3.5 oneshot table, I don't know exactly what level it will be, but I know it is gonna be between 5-7.

So does anybody got a suggestion?

Thanks in advacne

Greenish
2010-05-12, 04:16 PM
http://creativegreenius.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/i-am-the-law.jpg
Incarnate of Law!

Yorrin
2010-05-12, 08:24 PM
At that level... you can have a decent ubercharger? Or perhaps a trip build? In terms of high powered builds there isn't a lot else at that level.

Private-Prinny
2010-05-12, 08:28 PM
Pun-Pun.

Barring that, a Druid gets wildshape then, and a Warblade is never a bad option.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-05-12, 08:32 PM
actually the DM has asked me to tone optimization down a bit so yeah.... Incarnate seems funs, never played one... maybe a wildshape ranger/MotMF....

Yorrin
2010-05-12, 08:34 PM
actually the DM has asked me to tone optimization down (snip) MotMF

Does anyone else see a disconnect here? :smalltongue:
No, but that's actually a good idea. You'll be strong, but not overpowered quite yet.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-05-12, 08:37 PM
Does anyone else see a disconnect here? :smalltongue:
No, but that's actually a good idea. You'll be strong, but not overpowered quite yet.

.... is a MotMF THAT overpowered? In those levels I am sure I won't have good options to wildshape into plus I am not a spellcaster just a (really) good beatstick

nekomata2
2010-05-12, 08:57 PM
Compared to a druid, not even close. The extra versatility from the various wildshapes are awesome, but the lack of animal and spellcasting hurts alot. Part of any potential brokenness would probably come from the forms you choose. From what I understand though, MoMF is excellent if you go into it from the Wilshaping ranger instead though.

Yorrin
2010-05-12, 09:00 PM
MoMF is overpowered when you come in with 5 lvls of Wildshaping ranger and you've got enough HD to take some truly nasty forms. You won't yet have any serious HD, so you should be alright. I mean... it's no Planar Shepherd...

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2010-05-13, 12:31 AM
Assuming level 7, a WSRanger 5/ MoMF 2 will have small to large animals, humanoids, and giants of up to 7 HD. Your best form will probably be a regular old MM Troll or a Tiger, nothing better than what a Druid would have. You'll have a BAB advantage over a Druid, but you won't have any of the buffs. You could get Power Attack and Leap Attack and use a large two-handed weapon in troll form with Rhino's Rush, and at that level you can barely afford a Monk's Belt with a Wilding Clasp assuming you can spend most of your wealth on one item. If starting at level 6 you'll be stuck with small or medium animals and humanoids, so a Fleshraker is your only real option and you can't afford the Monk's Belt + Wilding Clasp.

I'd go with a Goliath Wolf Totem Barbarian 2/ Fighter 2+, using the Lion spiritual totem, Whirling Frenzy, and Dungeoncrasher ACFs. Start with the level adjustment bought off to be higher level if possible. Get two flaws, probably Shaky and Murky-Eyed, you get Improved Trip for free, take Power Attack, Improved Bull Rush, Knockback, Knock-Down, and Extra Rage. Every time you hit anything you'll bull rush them into something for extra damage and knock them prone, so they'll have to spend a move action to get up and another move action to get back into melee, and you can just do it to them again before they get to attack.

Eldariel
2010-05-13, 04:35 AM
MoMF is overpowered when you come in with 5 lvls of Wildshaping ranger and you've got enough HD to take some truly nasty forms. You won't yet have any serious HD, so you should be alright. I mean... it's no Planar Shepherd...

It's not nearly as strong as un-PrCd Druid, but yeah, Wildshape Ranger/MoMF is a solid tier 3 class. It really wants level 12 to truly kick off though. Still, you have Brown Bear [MM] (26 Str, Improved Grab), Forest Troll [MM3] (nasty poison with high natural Con), Troll [MM] (good all-rounder), Cave Ankylosaurus [Min Handbook] (17 Natural Armor!!), Desmodu Guard Bat [MM2] (solid flyer) & Fleshraker [MM3] (totally insane multi-aspect attack; grapples, pounces & trips in one - also, poison, tons of natural attacks, natural AC of 20, and overall kickass).

Amphetryon
2010-05-13, 05:44 AM
Hexblade (Dark Companion Variant) 4/Paladin of Tyranny 3. It's most likely a step down in Op-fu from your normal, but it de-buffs opponents rapidly while still being effective in combat at levels where that still sort of matters.

Gnaeus
2010-05-13, 05:52 AM
It's not nearly as strong as un-PrCd Druid, but yeah, Wildshape Ranger/MoMF is a solid tier 3 class.

It isn't even as strong as Druid/MoMF (18 skill points and 2 BaB /= a full strength AC and 3rd level spells).

Escheton
2010-05-13, 06:40 AM
trollshaping sorcerer with a greatsword or exotic weapon and master's touch