PDA

View Full Version : Buying a laptop, need advice

thorgrim29
2010-05-12, 05:14 PM
Hey, I'm going to change my laptop soon, because mine is old and stuff. I want a machine that will let me play games that are out today and are to come for a few years (such has CoD 6, Starcraft 2, empire total war, and stuff like that, I'm fed up with paying 70 bucks for xbox games when it's 45 or so on steam), but I have a budget limit of around 1000 to 1250 $ canadian. A friend of mine advised me to buy this model:http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=50004, an Asus computer with a I7 processor and a 1g video card. However, I always get at least a few opinions before spending that kind money, so I figure who better to ask about computers then the internet right?.

And yeah, I know a desktop would probably be better and cheaper, but I want a laptop that can play games, that I can plug on a tv to watch streamed stuff and that has a numpad. Oh and I need a big hard drive because of steam

So, what do you think, both about quality and quality/price?
Also, as I'll be buying a portable hard drive eventually, I was wondering if the rewrite limit problem got fixed for solid state hard drives.