PDA

View Full Version : Superhero Showdown - M&M style

Beleriphon
2006-06-27, 04:26 AM
This link I'm posted does include links to D20 related Mutants and Masterminds stats, but I'm more interested in the fights the author has created. Fifty-five of them to be exact. It helps if you understand how Mutants and Masterminds plays out, but its not strictly necessary since the author's fights are very entertaining in terms of how the characters fight, as well as the results. At any rate the fights themselves are at linked at the bottom of the first post.

http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?t=11800

Edit: As with all things, if at first you don't succeed, try try again. Sometimes the links don't work the first time you hit them. Just close the window and try it again.

CelestialStick
2006-06-28, 02:45 AM
Heh. When I saw the title of this thread I thought you meant the M&M candies. I had a picture of Plain v. Peanut. Hey, that would make a great thread! ;)

Beleriphon
2006-06-28, 12:21 PM
Heh. When I saw the title of this thread I thought you meant the M&M candies. I had a picture of Plain v. Peanut. Hey, that would make a great thread! ;)

I was thinking that people might confuse that. No this is more about showing all kinds of fights between characters. Some of odder ones are really neat, like the Avengers vs The Justice League.

CelestialStick
2006-07-01, 02:18 AM
I was thinking that people might confuse that. No this is more about showing all kinds of fights between characters. Some of odder ones are really neat, like the Avengers vs The Justice League.
Justice League wins hands down.

Beleriphon
2006-07-01, 10:02 AM
Justice League wins hands down.

Oh they do, the only that presents and trouble is Thor who puts quite the beat down on Superman.

Keep in mind that the author actually runs all the fights using the Mutants and Masterminds rules, so Wolverine loses two fights to the Joker. Once the Joker is in a tank, and the other Logan just rolls really poorly, while the Joker did quite well.

Its fun though, Batman ends up beating Nightcrawler in the first fight. And later loses to Deadpool.

Blackbird
2006-07-01, 10:48 AM
Some of these fights are really fun to read, I'll have to bookmark this for later :)

Abd al-Azrad
2006-07-03, 08:40 PM
I think the Shredder is the coolest villain ever statted. He hides, sends minions in to distract, and assesses for several rounds... then sneak attacks and destroyes people utterly! He took out Batman!

Tarlonniel
2006-07-03, 09:32 PM
Woah - the Shredder taking out the Batman! That was awesome. I wonder if this guy stated up any of the turtles? *goes off to search*

Hey, I see there are some Princess Bride builds. Pretty cool. :D

Beleriphon
2006-07-04, 01:50 AM
Woah - the Shredder taking out the Batman! That was awesome. I wonder if this guy stated up any of the turtles? *goes off to search*

Hey, I see there are some Princess Bride builds. Pretty cool. :D

Yep, he has two of the four and a general idea of how he plans to stat the rest. There are some crazy fights, the whole Batman and Nightcrawler vs a Sentinel is pretty cool.

Hoorex
2006-07-04, 01:53 AM
Everyone should loose to Deadpool...not just batman...he knows the secret of the universe...

Abd al-Azrad
2006-07-05, 01:22 AM
Everyone should loose to Deadpool...not just batman...he knows the secret of the universe...

I'm just waiting for the Darkseid fights.

Skyserpent
2006-07-05, 03:51 AM
Why does he have OLD Taskmaster? the New one is so much more badass...