PDA

View Full Version : ISHKA CAMPAIGN~D&D 3.5 Game thread

Erutaron
2010-05-13, 02:06 AM
Welcome crew!!

Please choose your players colour, as well as state where you plan to start off.

Feel free to chat on the OOC!

shaddy_24
2010-05-13, 07:40 PM
Eurys

Are we assuming that we were given the job and that we've already met and have decided where we're meeting, or are we starting before that. For now, I'll cover some earlier preparations, and wait for an answer before I go to meet the others.

Eurys settled down in the pews before the alter of Kord. Very few people were there right now, it wasn't regular service and the Temple of the Divine was pretty out of the way for regular visitations. Eurys' liked it better that way, he stuck out among all the physically huge regular worshippers, and they were too rough and aggresive.

He felt Herakles push at the back of his mind. The powerful avatar couldn't communicate with him, but he could see and hear everything Eurys could, and could make his general feelings known. "I know I haven't summoned you in a while," he muttered quietly, "but my recent jobs haven't required you, and for that, I'm greatful." Another push, this one angrier. "I'd rather not have to kill anyone. I've got wind of another job, but I shouldn't need you for it either. Just negotiating between some guards and warehouse workers, should be nice and quiet."

Herakles settled down, but Eurys could tell that he wasn't satisfied. He probably wouldn't be until he'd beaten someone down with the heavy chain Eurys was carrying now. "Come on, look at this from my point of view. I don't have to worry about angry cops bothering me to find the giant outsider that killed several criminals. I'd rather keep it that way for a little while." No response. Eurys sighed and settled down, muttering a quick prayer, one of the few he knew. It asked Kord for the strength to complete the comming battle, though Eurys always considered it preparation for the mental battle of digging information out of people and finding their secrets. He figured Kord would understand that, it wasn't like the tiny man was hoping for a fight today. It was going to be a simple mission.

Why was he so unconvinced of that last part?

Erutaron
2010-05-13, 08:01 PM
You have all met once, but briefly. You will probably be best to start out near the warehouse district.

Fable Wright
2010-05-13, 08:31 PM
Krenshar will meet Eurys outside of the temple, saying "You look ill of mind for one who just met with his god." and then say, "We should probably go down to the warehouses. Perhaps you could tell me what troubles you along the way." Krenshar glances at everyone passing them by, and you see under his black hood some writhing black tentacle-like things before he shifts his robes and conceals them. He says to Eurys, "Now that we're back in the crowds, you can tell me what was troubling you. It's only my right to know; I'm trusting you with my life." He strikes you as mysterious and ominous, but it looks like he sincerely cares about you and what you say.

ForzaFiori
2010-05-13, 09:16 PM
Govad steps off the brown line station and into the warehouse district. He had told the others that he'd meet them at the problem warehouse last time they had met, and he hopes that they'll keep to the schedule (hint hint guys). Stopping a passer-by, he asks directions to the striking warehouse. After heading up a level, down river, and taking a right, he sees what he assumes is the warehouse ahead of him. He stops nearby, at the warehouse two upriver from the job, and waits.

Fable Wright
2010-05-13, 09:25 PM
reserved for the dialog between Eurys and Krenshar. Text subject to change on the result. Also: bluff check(to convince Eurys to tell his secret) [roll0] (damn, that was a good roll)

After a while you see 2 of your allies come next to you. One of them is dressed head to foot in a dark robe, and he appears to be muttering to the other. The other one shakes his head, and the cloaked figure slowly shakes his head, muttering something about, "You're hiding something. Tell me when you're ready to talk about it." the cloaked man walks next to Govan and says, "You're early. I didn't get to know you the last time that well. I'm Krenshar. Who are you?"

ForzaFiori
2010-05-13, 09:39 PM
Govad nods to his to allies. My name is Govad. It is nice to meet you. Govad smiles and extends his hand. After shaking Krenshar's hand, or not (up to Krenshar, obviously), Govad turns to the third member of the party. Who might you be friend? Another member of our illustrious group? Govad inquires with a slight laugh. I'm Govad. He once again offers his hand.

shaddy_24
2010-05-13, 09:46 PM
Eurys

Eurys nods in greetings to Krenshar as he leaves the Temple. He joins the cloaked figure and starts moving towards the nearest station. They had a little spare time to make it to the meeting with the others (if anyone else wants to meet us enrout, we can assume that was arranged). He grimaces a little at Krenshar's question, "Nothing important. I've got an off feeling about this. No concrete reasons for it, just..." He shrugs. "Let's just check out the situation, hopefully that will calm me down again."

When meet with Grovad, Eurys steps up to shake hands. "Eurys. Nice to meet you."

Fable Wright
2010-05-13, 10:11 PM
<Eurys forgot to make his sense motive check. The conversation was something of a bluff check. If you don't mind, [roll0] vs. 30. You may have hinted a bit more than you intended to there, though you don't need to tell us about your champion. Just hint at it in the way Eurys would, as if he trusted Krenshar implicitely. Krenshar can keep promises; he won't tell anyone about it. My check was in the other spoiler.If you do mind, I'll let you roll it yourself.> Krenshar says to them both, "I just want to see where we stand. What are each of you good at?" he continues,"I'll go first. I'm an offensive sorcerer, and have an affinity for fire. I can also be fairly persuasive. I'm stronger than I look, and I can do basic healing fairly well."

shaddy_24
2010-05-13, 10:24 PM
Eurys

[roll0] Rolling it myself.
Also using Diplomacy to try and redirect the question trail. [roll1] vs. Bluff DC 30. Eurys is used to avoiding talking about himself and his secrets, so he'll try and redirect things to Krenshar.

Eurys shrugs if Krenshar continues his questioning. "I have issues with some of the members of the clergy. They don't accept me or my methods entirely. (which is entirely true, both for Herakles and regular clerics. That's about all he's gonna give up right now.) It's not important really. Tell me, where do hail from?"

Fable Wright
2010-05-13, 10:40 PM
Krenshar replies"I hail from all over. I was born in the dragon's district, but raised both there and in the undercity. I hope that this fact doesn't make you repulse me; I cannot change the fact that I am a cave-touched. But enough of me. What be your skills?"
Also, where did the +7 misc. modifier on diplomacy come from?

Frog Dragon
2010-05-14, 12:14 AM
Vhalyar
Vhalyar was walking to the wareshouse in question, when he ran into the others "I've met you before haven't I?" Vhalyar puzzles and then continues "I'm Vhalyar, nice to meet you." He shakes the hands of his companions "I take it you're here for the warehouse dispute?"

ForzaFiori
2010-05-14, 06:25 AM
That's correct. The warehouse is just a few blocks down. Govad turns and glances down the road to the warehouse Anyone have an idea of how we should go at this?I've never dealt with something like this before.

Fable Wright
2010-05-14, 10:54 AM
I think we should start by talking to the workers and the guards. We need to get both sides of the story. Krenshar says as he waits patiently for the last contact.

Frog Dragon
2010-05-14, 11:10 AM
"Yes, we need to get that." Vhalyar affirmates "However, we're unlikely to reach agreement with the workers if we don't get the renegade guards off their backs. I'd guess they're just getting more entrenched from that."

ForzaFiori
2010-05-14, 01:08 PM
An excellent point. I know I would be...less then happy if the guards kept kidnapping and torturing my friends. So who should we talk to first, guards or workers? I would suggest guards, since they're most likely outside the warehouse, but that's just me.

Fable Wright
2010-05-14, 02:05 PM
I say that we convince the guards to a truce first; Eurys could probably get them to the bargaining table. I can convince people to agree to one plan or other, but getting the guards to the table practically ensures that we will get the workers there as well.

shaddy_24
2010-05-14, 02:54 PM
Eurys

"Speaking to the guards would probably be the best option, we need easy and unchallenged access to the warehouse." Eurys stops for a moment to glance around the group. "Well, I suppose we should cover our capabilities. I'm an amature detective, I've worked a few cases. My speciality is gaining people's trust and working out secrets, as well as locating people. I suppose I can take a forward roll dealing with people here." A minor push at the back of his mind. He ignored it for now, pushing forward, "I'm not much help in a fight, though I have some skill with a crossbow. In a fight I'll back you up as best I can, but most of my skills are useful outside of combat."

Frog Dragon
2010-05-14, 03:15 PM
"I'm a detective as well. However, I've been doing this for eleven years." Vhalyar responds to the query of his capabilities "I've dealt with most of my cases by outsmarting the criminals, mostly because I can't actually take people on in a fight that well. If I need to, I can defend myself with a crossbow."

ForzaFiori
2010-05-14, 03:27 PM
As you can probably guess by my clothing Govad gestures to his robes and sandals I'm a monk, not a detective. I can provide plenty of help in a fight, either up close and personal or with my sling. I'm also pretty good at getting to hard to reach places. I can climb, jump, and walk without notice better than most of my acquaintance, know how to disarm traps and unlock locks, and have amazing balance. Strange as it may sound coming from someone who weighs less than 20 pounds, but it looks like i'm the muscle for this job.

Fable Wright
2010-05-14, 05:44 PM
I have ranged attacks covered. I have a large number of spells per day, and some of my spells can disable multiple foes at once. I have rented myself out as a mercenary before, to the police, to help others. I can handle combat negotiations, and I've been in more than my fair share of tussles before. That's why I have these, he says as he draws back his sleeve, revealing on his scaly skin, a strange, moving tentacle-like matrix moving around his skin, concentrating around hard, chitinous plates surgically grafted onto his arm. I know several people who can make these, and I'm training to make them, as well, in case you wanted a graft. he says, looking interestedly at the others.I'm also not too bad at melee combat myself, although I heard that the last contact could seriously pack a punch. I've seen him in bar brawls before; It ain't pretty.

Samm
2010-05-14, 07:49 PM
A well built, white skinned zombie wearing a chainshirt comes running from all the way from his home near the steamworks to the meeting point in the warehouse district, with a pant he says "Sorry, guys, I'm late, I was working late in the steamworks, and exhaustion kinda got the better of me..." Catching his breath, he then continues, "Bryant, that's me... I hear we got a problem with a bunch of guards possibly kidnapping and torturing workers, and workers refusing to leave a warehouse, I suppose we should speak to guards and workers about it... You know, lowering hostilities and the like, this'd get 'em both on speaking terms hopefully."

Byrant, picks up on everyone's names and roles fairly quickly, he says, "Well, they say I pack quite a punch, and in some way it's true..." Reminiscing of all the fights he's won. "I can also take a punches fairly well. Oh and some people find scary sometimes, when I threaten them.."

Fable Wright
2010-05-14, 07:59 PM
Now that we're all here, let's all go and talk to the guards... Krenshar says as he approaches the guards and beckons for the rest of the group to do the same.

ForzaFiori
2010-05-14, 10:44 PM
As they head to the guards, Govad walks next to Krenshar and leans over to whisper to him. Were working with a rotter? I can't say I find that very... reassuring. It's not like I'm part of Humans First or anything. I mean come on, I'm an elemental myself. I don't have a problem with grafted or cave-touched. The dead however, should stay dead. Saint Baltin preached exactly that.

Fable Wright
2010-05-14, 10:49 PM
However, even if he is rotting, he was living once. Give him a chance. Yes, the dead usually stay dead. However, in this city the dead rarely do. We have a necropolis as proof. If you do not trust him, then rest assured that the rest of us could take him out if need be. I have my magic, you your strength. The dead usually should stay dead, but what of resurrection? They have crossed over and back. Give him a chance is all I say. Krenshar then approaches a guard and says, We were hired because there are some (probably) ridiculous claims about you torturing people here. I doubt that this is happening, but I need your side of the story... for official reasons. Surely you understand.

Fable Wright
2010-05-14, 10:58 PM
My character's bluff check to extract information: [roll0] Well, that sucks.

shaddy_24
2010-05-14, 11:32 PM
Eurys

Eurys stepped up beside Byrant as Krenshar starts walking over to the problematic warehouse. "Nice to meet you. It's good to have a couple skilled fighters in the group, though I hope we have no need for your skills right now." Then he hears Krenshar's introduction. He freezes for a second, then his eye twitches as the hooded man finishes his short speach. "Excuse me, we may have need for your skills momentarily." He then turns and almost runs up to the guard.

"Excuse me!" he says loudly as he jumps in before the guard can respond. "I'm very sorry to bother you. I appologise for my friends abrupt announcement, he's rather to the point. With a number of workers suddenly... not working, it's put off a few people. We were asked to try and find out what the general atmosphere was and try to end this. Peacefully." He pauses for a moment to gage the guard's response. "Of course, there's a lot of rumours being thrown around. It's good to try and get a feel for what's true and what's false. Do you have any insight to the situation?"

GAH, what is he doing? Does he WANT this guy angry at us?

[roll0] to see how the guard feels about Krenshar's statement.
[roll1] to try and calm him down if he's angered by it.
[roll2] to get a general idea of what's likely to happen if the guard isn't placated by Eurys' interuption.
[roll3] just in case he's willing to give anything up based on this.
And [roll4] to figure out what's true and what's false with the guard's response.
Well... that's not a happy start.

Also, who were we actually hired by? The warehouse owner, the boss for the workmen, local guard captain... It may come in handy reeeeeeeeeeeally soon. I'm guessing the worker's union, but I'd like that confirmed.

Fable Wright
2010-05-14, 11:48 PM
Well, it seems like he didn't mind my question at all, then, Eurys. Have some faith in me. Krenshar mutters in Eury's ear.

Samm
2010-05-15, 02:18 AM
Eurys stepped up beside Byrant as Krenshar starts walking over to the problematic warehouse. "Nice to meet you. It's good to have a couple skilled fighters in the group, though I hope we have no need for your skills right now." Then he hears Krenshar's introduction. He freezes for a second, then his eye twitches as the hooded man finishes his short speach. "Excuse me, we may have need for your skills momentarily." He then turns and almost runs up to the guard.

"Thanks", Bryant replies with a whisper, "Indeed, I'd prefer not to fight a bunch of on duty guards, could get rather icky... Wait okay, I'll be ready then..." Bryant then cracks his knuckles, and stretches slightly, preparing for a fight, if one arises. He thinks to himself, "Well if worst comes to worst, I can beat the living daylights out of them... I wouldn't really like having 10 of them all trying to kill me, so I'd have knock 'em out before they can call reinforcements ... Gosh, I hate guards... They slow things down, and ruin everything..."

Frog Dragon
2010-05-15, 03:52 AM
Vhalyar
"Careful there. This can't be good for our cause." Vhalyar says to both Krenshar and Eurys. "Let's just get their side of the story from this. Then to the warehouse workers before we screw things up more" Vhalyar continues in a quiet voice. "I hope this doesn't turn to violence."

Fable Wright
2010-05-15, 02:23 PM
I believe that he was fine with my statement, and is in fact going to answer it, but I will be more careful from now on. Why would I be talking to him if I wasn't trying to get his side of the story? whispers Krenshar to Vhalyar.

Erutaron
2010-05-16, 12:54 AM
the guard is suprised to say the least and responds with youthful authority Sorry youre quite mistaken, you see the real problem is these former employees damaging company property. It's there own doing!. We're simply disciplining them as we're instructed. I would hardly call it torture.

Hello there! Shouts a squat man, who is emerging from a nearby office. He shoos the guard away and throws a piece of refuse he was holding after the man.
I believe youre my crew then, He weezes, Come into the office here and Ill fill you in on whats happening.

shaddy_24
2010-05-16, 01:10 AM
Eurys

"Thank you very much for your understanding," Eurys says in relief. He holds his tongue for now as their apparent employer approaches them and shoos away the guard. "Hello sir, it's good to meet you. My name is Eurys." He allows the others to introduce themselves, then follows the man back to his office.

Fable Wright
2010-05-16, 01:56 AM
Krenshar will, too, follow him into his office.

ForzaFiori
2010-05-16, 06:03 AM
Not wanting to be left alone with the (possibly) tortuous guards, Govad follows behind Krenshar and Eurys

Frog Dragon
2010-05-16, 06:24 AM
Vhalyar follows as well, preferring to keep with the others.

Erutaron
2010-05-16, 02:42 PM
After you all have entered the office, the man locks the door behind you and peers out the window muttering about guards and idiots..
You know, I'm lucky to have found you lot

he turns and gives you all a once over, retrieving something from his desk he throws down a small folder
Here's the numbers folks, 156 workers started the lockout, 38 have disappeared, 18 have ended up in the hospitals, and at least one has ended up in bonetown

Fable Wright
2010-05-16, 03:33 PM
Where were these workers when they disappeared? if we check out the scene of the crime, we may find some clues.

Erutaron
2010-05-16, 04:30 PM
He responds by sitting behind his desk and sliding the folder towards you.
There's a map of the warehouse in here, including the last known whereabouts of some of the missing. some simply vanished.

He pauses a minute and then asks you all to take a seat,
The ones in hospital ended up there after a trying to leave the warehouse. Two workers suffered injuries when a partially disassembled scaffold collapsed. The others were carrying them out for medical help when the guards attacked them

We're not quite sure how the one fellow ended up in the necropolis though... doesn't remember dying, just waking up dead He quickly glances at Bryant as he says this. May need your help there son

Fable Wright
2010-05-16, 06:35 PM
I say we check out the scaffolding. We could check it for tampering.

shaddy_24
2010-05-16, 08:48 PM
Eurys

"Do you know who and what started the lockout? Who's in charge of the guards, and what's their story in this? Also, we'll need to meet with the undead worker, he may be able to give us some clues as to what happened, even if he doesn't remember anything." He glances over at Krenshar's suggestion. "When did the scaffolding collapse? Early in the lockout, before it, recently?" Eurys is careful to let the man answer each question before he moves onto the next.

ForzaFiori
2010-05-16, 11:43 PM
Also, are the workers organized in any way? If possible, I think it would be best to get both sides of the story, perhaps talk to several of the workers who have been here from the start, in addition to the guards. Bryant could talk to the other rot... undead, the worker in the necropolis, while two of the rest of us interview some workers, and the other two could talk to the guards. Meet back up and compare notes.

Samm
2010-05-17, 01:03 AM
"Right, I'll go down to the Necropolis, and talk to the guy who's died and try to get some clues - I'll blend in there. A question: So, why did the guards attack the workers, they seem awfully aggressive for just following orders to discipline the workers?"

Erutaron
2010-05-17, 02:00 AM
He stands and begins pacing around the room taking a few things off the shelves and rearranging him... so far he seems to be a man with many nervous habits...

The only way you're gonna inspect anything is to get in first. There are a couple passage ways leading in from the steamworks.

He turns to Eurys next and says As for you sir, firstly, the warehouse is being closed, razed and rebuilt as a workforged factory. The workers are aggravated because as they go for new jobs they'll end up being replaced by these workforged. Secondly the guards have been hired by the new owners as security for their assets. the collapse was about 6 days ago

To all
Yes our friend master Bryant here will be following up in Bonetown, whereas the rest of you will accompany myself into the factory to talk with the workers. In case it wasn't mentioned earlier I am the foreman for the workers here... I'm losing my job as well... best I be up frot on that

He opens a side door in his office that leads to a dark alley
Bryant, my aide will meet you at the Bonetown station in 1 hour, I suggest you be quick about it. Touching a small badge on his coat he says Look for this mark, his name is Heliaskar.

The rest of you can come with me

Samm
2010-05-17, 06:43 AM
"Right... I'll be there in an hour." Bryant has a look at the mark on the boss' cloak, and notes its shape, size and colour. He then says to the others, "Okay, I've got an hour to get to Bonetown. I may as well set off now, before the next jump."

Bryant runs over to the nearest station and waits for a jump that'll take him to Bonetown, whether directly or indirectly.

I'm not sure where the nearest station is, and whether that'll get him to Bonetown, but, I'm assuming that Bryant has enough knowledge to make his way to Bonetown, using the public transport network.

Fable Wright
2010-05-17, 09:03 AM
I shall question the workers. However, I can get distracted, and I would like to have someone with good eyes to come with me, so we could check the scaffolding, while we're there. Krenshar says as he eyes the room.

ForzaFiori
2010-05-17, 01:37 PM
I have fairly good eyes, but no knowledge of architecture or engineering. If I knew what to look for, I believe I could see it, but its knowing what proves its been tampered with that is hard.

Fable Wright
2010-05-17, 01:43 PM
Most likely, the guards that tampered with it (if there are any), would have no knowledge of architecture either. Most likely, it would be obvious that it was tampered with; for example, if several key screws were taken out of it. It would be a small detail that few people would notice, but that would ensure that the rail collapsed.

ForzaFiori
2010-05-17, 02:16 PM
If that is the case, then I will accompany you. Govad says, standing. Mr. Foreman, lead the way.

shaddy_24
2010-05-17, 07:52 PM
Eurys

"Alright. I'll tour around and question the guards, as well as checking with workers from nearby buildings, someone may have seen something. Vhalyar, you wish to join me? Or are you going to go with them and check out the workers?" Eurys looked between the others, waiting for their response.

Erutaron
2010-05-19, 12:41 AM
BRYANT:

You arrive in the necropolis an hour later and standing near the station is a young bookish looking man holding a briefcase.

He seems nervous about his surroundings

KRENSHAR and GOVAD:

As you follow the foremen through the alley he picks up a small bundle from near the doorway. You follow him through some twists and turns, eventually entering a small residence. He says his greetings to the occupant and leads the both of you to a small back room. He pulls aside a panel on the back wall and uncovers a small hidden door. When he leads you through you arrive in the corner of the warehouse. There are some workers who appear to be on guard duty and a few relaxing playing cards and eating meagre rations.

One of them speaks up loudly sayingSo Uncle, couldn't find any women to free us from our woes... i hope you brought some ale

Some of the men around chuckle as the foreman introduces you to his nephew Sveg who takes you to see the scaffolding on the far side.

EURYS and VHALYAR:

The foreman gives you a small map showing the warehouses in the area, and which of them are friendly to the workers and which aren't.

Making your way to the nearest one you are welcomed by the manager and he goes to check the sign-out sheets to see who was working when the incidents occured.

Samm
2010-05-19, 01:44 AM
Bryant walks over fairly discretley, to the bookish man in the necropolis, and looks for the aforementioned mark.

Bryant thinks to himself, "This guy seems a bit out of place... could it be him?"

OOC:

I don't currently know if the man has the mark I'm looking for. I get the feeling that he does, but I'm not sure, and neither is Bryant.

Erutaron
2010-05-19, 01:57 AM
As you approach he is startled, but when he sees ypou looking at his jacket he is quick to reveal his small badge and stammer I s-s-suppose your the one Master Mord sent then.

I'm sorry im a bit skittish, but i'm new to the city and where i'm from there's not so many...

he trails off and it's obvious he means undead.
I'd like to say though you seem very ..um.. fresh! I hear that's a compliment here, and the proper thing to say.

I've found the worker that died he's off this way.

Frog Dragon
2010-05-19, 09:02 AM
"We need to talk to the workers here." Vhalyar says. "We need their view on the situation." He continues, speaking to Eurys. "We need to know what it'll take to get them to compromise."

Fable Wright
2010-05-19, 11:03 AM
Krenshar will take some water can cast prestidion on it to give it the appearance and taste of ale. Well, now that you've got some ale, now we can talk. We're here to investigate the disappearance of some of your comrades, and I would like to ask you for what honestly happened.
Bluf check (if neccesary)
[roll0]

ForzaFiori
2010-05-19, 03:45 PM
As Krenshar talks to the workers, Govad begins to examine the scaffolding, looking for signs of sabotage.

Search: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]

not sure which I needed, so both are there

After he takes a look, he moves over to a group of workers. Hey. I'm Govad He says, extending his hand. I'm working with some of the people who are hoping to bring this strike to a peaceful conclusion. I was wondering if you could tell me anything about the scaffolding failure that you had here. Can any of you provide anything that might be useful?

shaddy_24
2010-05-19, 07:49 PM
Eurys

Eurys nodded to Vhalyar. "Hopefully they won't be too difficult."

Samm
2010-05-20, 02:53 AM
As you approach he is startled, but when he sees ypou looking at his jacket he is quick to reveal his small badge and stammer I s-s-suppose your the one Master Mord sent then.

I'm sorry im a bit skittish, but i'm new to the city and where i'm from there's not so many...

he trails off and it's obvious he means undead.
I'd like to say though you seem very ..um.. fresh! I hear that's a compliment here, and the proper thing to say.

I've found the worker that died he's off this way.

"Yeah... Don't worry, the necropolis isn't too bad... I guess I'll follow you to the worker.

While walking Bryant asks, "Do you know what happened to him? Does he know, or is he like me, the life before his death is a mystery to him?"

Erutaron
2010-05-20, 05:12 AM
Eurys and Vhalyar

The workers seem reluctant, but then a younger member speaks up saying, I may have seen something but it'll cost you a pocketful of ratsins

Krenshar and Govad

Responding to Krenshar the workers speak all at once saying things like: Damned workforged and rotters taking our jobs!

those guards want us all dead im sure of it

Freshly recruited guards wanna look good for their bosses, and so kick the fillin out of us to make a point

responding to Govad:

one Man speaks up and shows you what you missed, some unobvious tool marks around the structures supporting arms. It was tampered with thats for sure, but we don't know how they got in to do it. We've had the place pretty secure.

BRYANT

Actually, he's a bit more like an amnesia patient, slowly remembering small things, names places, but he hasn't quite nailed down the event of his death,.. at least not as far as I know.

he pauses nervously and then asks, Did you know you were dead.. when you died

Fable Wright
2010-05-20, 09:54 AM
What did the guards do, specfically? We heard that workerss disappeared. How, and where?

ForzaFiori
2010-05-20, 11:28 AM
Thank you very much sir. I would never have seen that without you pointing it out. Govad shakes his hand, and goes over to Krenshar. Krenshar, that scaffolding was cut through with tools. I couldn't spot it, but a worker pointed it out. Obvious marks. If the thing wasn't cut, I'm not an elemental.

Fable Wright
2010-05-20, 04:43 PM
Yes, it was, wasn't it... but why would the guards want to cut it? what motive would they possibly have? Krenshar muses about the last part out loud, to him, Govad, and the workers.

ForzaFiori
2010-05-20, 05:39 PM
And how did they get in? Look at this place. There are workers everywhere. They have this place locked down as tight as the Vault. We came through the only entrance, and there were people just waiting at the top. Something weird is going on here.

Fable Wright
2010-05-20, 06:10 PM
I've heard of a way that they could do it... but it's unlikely... Krenshar says, as he determines if one of the alliance's portals are nearby (yeah, he's got that power.) Either these guards are in with the Alliance, or they have access to teleportation magic. Neither would be good. However, I've got a few friends in the undercity if they really are in with the Alliance...
OOC: on page 34 of the Ishka campaign setting, most, if not all of the Alliance portals, lead to the undercity. As a herald of the Deepmasters, I can sense the direction of the nearest portal to the undercity.

ForzaFiori
2010-05-20, 06:21 PM
You think there's an Alliance portal in the warehouse? That takes this WAY out of our jurisdiction. This whole thing would become an MI matter. Also, I REALLY don't wanna piss of the Alliance. Bad things happen to people that do.

Fable Wright
2010-05-20, 06:36 PM
I've spent my whole life there. No, you don't want to mess with them, but the thing is, as long as you stay with me, you won't have to. I, being a herald, have protection in the undercity. Give me a second to concentrate. As a herald, I can sense the portals.

EDIT: we need to wait for the DM before we make progress here.

Samm
2010-05-21, 12:55 AM
BRYANT

Actually, he's a bit more like an amnesia patient, slowly remembering small things, names places, but he hasn't quite nailed down the event of his death,.. at least not as far as I know.

he pauses nervously and then asks, Did you know you were dead.. when you died

"Not really. When I woke up, everything felt numb, I was a strange colour, you know a pasty-white, it felt very odd. For a while, I didn't really know the meaning of it all... until I saw others just like me... I definately knew I was dead when someone said, "Back from the dead, eh?", when I went into a pub."

Byrant pauses, for a second, "Well, I guess I should see this guy then, can you take me to him?"

ForzaFiori
2010-05-21, 04:55 AM
Hey man, I never said I was scared to go down beneath the city. That's one thing. I just don't wanna go against the Alliance. I don't care if your the King of Stadel, or on the council, you can't save someone from the Alliance man. One of the paladins I played rope-ball with new a guy who's brother got taken out by them, all because he made a joke about knowing where a tunnel was.

Frog Dragon
2010-05-21, 09:50 AM
"Hmm?" Vhalyar mumbles "We're here to help you workers." Vhalyar tells the young man "Our aim is to find the reason for the missing workers, and deal with the reason." He digs out an equivalent sum of money to that the worker said. "We can pay." He says finally.
Diplomacy: [roll0]
Should it be appropriate

Fable Wright
2010-05-21, 08:39 PM
Follow my lead and the Alliance won't notice you.

Erutaron
2010-05-22, 01:58 AM
Krenshar and Govad

Krenshar does indeed sense two separate portals inside the warehouse. One behind the scaffolding, and one near the main entrance, which is heavily guarded inside the warehouse

Eurys and Vhalyar

Well, I heard some of the boys talkin at the Pigwhistle pub, over in the northern commons, about how they "got a way for those poor strikers to come outta their hole".. I'm not really sure what they meant. But next day I saw the same guy outside the warehouse when they rought those two guys out.
as he finishes he takes the coins you give him, giving one back and sayingthat's enough from me

as he leaves he looks over his shoulder and says And I think his name is Sgt Kay

Bryant

The young man stammers again I-I guess I will, he should be off this way.

The man leads you to a small shack not far from your own home, and proceeds to knock on the door.

A gaunt corporeal zombie answers and after a quick glance recognizes Heliaskars badge.

He enquires Do I work for you?

Fable Wright
2010-05-22, 07:24 PM
Krenshar's eyes bolt open from his concentrating. There are 2 portals in the warehouse! he gasps. They probably used the portals to get in and out to cut the scaffolding! Well Govad, it seems that we may need to go down to the undercity. Stick close and stay focused. If your mind wanders, it may no longer belong to you. One more thing about the undercity: the aberrations there like the undead no more that you do. That may, at least, perk you up. Krenshar says, stepping towards the portal. Aren't you coming?

ForzaFiori
2010-05-22, 09:04 PM
"Where are these two portals? We could tell the workers, who could keep them guarded. That way, when whoever it was that cut the stuff comes through, they can give him a surprise." Assuming Krenshar has no problem telling him where the portals are, Govad informs the workers of their location, and lets them know that guarding them would probably be a good idea. He then finds Krenshar again. Alright, lets go. I suppose this is what I signed up for right? Going new places and doing new things? I suppose there aren't many who can claim to have gone through an alliance portal to the undercity.

Fable Wright
2010-05-22, 09:37 PM
I go through them on a daily basis. I have friends there. This is one person who doesn't wonder about the undercity or the alliance. Let's go.

Samm
2010-05-23, 06:14 AM
Bryant

The young man stammers again I-I guess I will, he should be off this way.

The man leads you to a small shack not far from your own home, and proceeds to knock on the door.

A gaunt corporeal zombie answers and after a quick glance recognizes Heliaskars badge.

He enquires Do I work for you?

Bryant replies in a relaxed tone, "No... not for me, but I'd like to ask you a few questions, you know about your death and all. You see, I'm investigating a lock-in in a warehouse, there are a number of disapearances, and hospitalisations, along with a death - yours. I suspect foul play. So I'd like you to help me get to the bottom of this."

Frog Dragon
2010-05-23, 10:58 AM
"Well, Eurys." Vhalyar turns to Eurys "Do you think we should ask around some more or go see this Sergeant Kay?"

shaddy_24
2010-05-23, 04:48 PM
Eurys

Eurys frowns at the workers statement. "We should ask a few more," he says to Vhalyar. "We'll keep his name though, and check him out as well." He goes around and asks a few more non-commental questions of the workers, just looking for anything more. Does anyone know any of the shut-in workers, if anyone knows who's in charge of the guards or the workers.

Just gonna roll a Gather Info check, see if there's anything else. [roll0]

Erutaron
2010-05-26, 12:34 AM
KRENSHAR and GOVAD

If you follow through the portal you end up in a small room 15x15x15 which is empty save for a small chest, as well as numerous alliance holes on the walls. It seems to be a switchpoint of sorts, with holes going to various places. Some of the holes are labeled with their destination.

EURYS and VHALYAR

Your gather info reveals the following:
The location of the Guards station where Sgt. Kay is based
A similar incident happened about 4 months ago
90% of the workers are not fully human, and this is being suspected as the reason for the predjudice against them.

BRYANT

The man looks at you stunned and excitedly says So you can help me figure out what happened to me.. I'll help you in any way possible. what do you have in mind?

Samm
2010-05-26, 12:56 AM
"Well, I'll try... So, basically, what I'll do is ask you a number of questions, you're going to answer them as best you can, okay?", says Bryant in an upbeat reassuring tone.

"Okay, you were participating in a lock-in, in a warehouse, in the warehouse district, and you wound up here, do you have any idea of how you died or what you're doing at the time?"

Fable Wright
2010-05-26, 12:05 PM
Krenshar will open the chest from the right side, so he is not in the firing range of any traps, and then he will read the destinations of the portals.

ForzaFiori
2010-05-26, 09:12 PM
Govad reaches out to stop Krenshar before he touches the chest. Hold up a minute. Let me check that thing for nasties first. I've run into more traps than you can shake a stick at, and I've picked up a good bit on how to get rid of them.

Search for traps: [roll0]
Disable any traps that are found: [roll1]
Open lock, if chest is locked: [roll2]

shaddy_24
2010-05-28, 02:36 PM
Eurys

Eurys thanks people as he gets useful information.

A similar incident happened about 4 months ago

"Really? What happened? How was the situation resolved?"

90% of the workers are not fully human, and this is being suspected as the reason for the predjudice against them.

"Hmmm. Are the guards primarily human? Is there any evidence that Humans First has any connection with this?"

When he gets the answers to those questions, he turns back to Vhalyar once again. "So, where do you think we should go next? Do you think we're ready to speak to Sgt. Kay now?"

Making a few rolls to get more details:
[roll=Gather Info]1d20+13[/rolll]
[roll0]

Erutaron
2010-05-31, 04:50 PM
"Well, I'll try... So, basically, what I'll do is ask you a number of questions, you're going to answer them as best you can, okay?", says Bryant in an upbeat reassuring tone.

"Okay, you were participating in a lock-in, in a warehouse, in the warehouse district, and you wound up here, do you have any idea of how you died or what you're doing at the time?"

I don't remember much he says, but I know where I woke up, and that I had these stuck in my back. He holds up a handful of small blowgun darts and shows them to you.

Govad reaches out to stop Krenshar before he touches the chest. Hold up a minute. Let me check that thing for nasties first. I've run into more traps than you can shake a stick at, and I've picked up a good bit on how to get rid of them.

There are no traps, but there is a heck of a lock. after struggling with it for a moment you are able to unlock the chest. Inside is a small velvet ringbox, and you can see the bottom is a false panel.

and then he will read the destinations of the portals.
There are 4 portals on each wall, labeled as follows:
N=north facing wall, E=east facing etc.. going clockwise

N->Guard room
->Warehouse lvl 14
->Arena
->Unlabeled
E->Downpour lvl 2
->Unlabeled
->Unlabeled
->Airship dock 74
S->Factory lvl 16
->Pickle and Ponce lvl 1
->Academy Cafeteria 3
->Tower level 80
W->Unlabeled
->Home
->West Bay Eatery
->Unlabeled

Eurys

Eurys thanks people as he gets useful information.

"Really? What happened? How was the situation resolved?"

It ended when a small force of workforged simply started doing their jobs inside to renovate the building, and the workers had no option but to leave.

Eurys

"Hmmm. Are the guards primarily human? Is there any evidence that Humans First has any connection with this?"

The Guards are all human as far as anyone can tell, and they are under the employ of a known Humans First supporter, but one who has no known connections to any radical movements

ForzaFiori
2010-05-31, 04:53 PM
Govad picks of the ringbox and hands it to Krenshar. This mean anything to you? he asks, before turning back to check out the false bottom

same as last time, Search, Disable, Open.

Disable: [roll1]
Open: [roll2]

Erutaron
2010-05-31, 05:13 PM
Govad picks of the ringbox and hands it to Krenshar. This mean anything to you? he asks, before turning back to check out the false bottom

same as last time, Search, Disable, Open.

Disable: [roll1]
Open: [roll2]

When you lift the panel you find a small book with what look like diary entries detailing what person went through which portal for what reason.. A logbook of alliance activities in this area.

ForzaFiori
2010-05-31, 07:06 PM
Govad slips the book into his clothes for now, slipping the false bottom back where it was, before turning back to Krenshar So, what now? We got what, 16? different portals, and a ringbox.

Samm
2010-06-01, 02:12 AM
I don't remember much he says, but I know where I woke up, and that I had these stuck in my back. He holds up a handful of small blowgun darts and shows them to you.

"Hmm, blowgun darts... It looks like somebody tried to kill you... unless they were aiming for someone else... I doubt it though... I doesn't look like guard weaponry either... Can I take a look at them?"

Fable Wright
2010-06-02, 07:21 AM
We should probably check out the warehouse portals, see if they lead us to any alliance guards. We could try to find out what we're up to if we wind up near one.

ForzaFiori
2010-06-02, 10:11 AM
"Sounds good. Got a favorite portal, or do we just pick one?" Govad glances around, playing "eenie, meenie, miny, moe" in his head "Oh, what was in that ring box by the way?"

Fable Wright
2010-06-02, 04:20 PM
Krenshar opens the ring box, (insert text here after opening) and says " Let's search systematically; start looking around for the one nearest the warehouse. Since we came out of the warehouse level 16, we can skip that."

Erutaron
2010-06-02, 10:34 PM
Inside the ringbox is of course a ring. Small and made of steel it has an eye engraved in it and the words "To see is to know" inscribed along the inside

Erutaron
2010-06-02, 10:36 PM
"Hmm, blowgun darts... It looks like somebody tried to kill you... unless they were aiming for someone else... I doubt it though... I doesn't look like guard weaponry either... Can I take a look at them?"

He hands them to you to examine

General knowledge check is all that applies really.. just 1d20+wis

ForzaFiori
2010-06-02, 10:40 PM
"What, like stick my head through an alliance portal, and ask the nearest sentient where I am?" Govad says sarcastically. "Let me be more specific. How are we gonna decide where to go without being killed"

Samm
2010-06-03, 03:27 AM
Bryant inspects the darts.

[roll0]

shaddy_24
2010-06-03, 10:46 AM
Eurys

As they leave the warehouse, Eurys ponders the information they gathered. "No known connection with radical groups. Well, that proves nothing by itself. Alright, let's go check in with the sargent, see what he has to say." Eurys fidgits with the badge the foreman gave him. He wasn't used to simply telling the people he questioned who he was working for and what he wanted to know.

Fable Wright
2010-06-03, 10:59 AM
Fine, then. Krenshar says as he sticks his head through the varying allied portals.

Frog Dragon
2010-06-03, 12:20 PM
Vhalyar
Vhalyar, having simply observed from the side as Eurys asked around, followed. "I'm guessing this sergeant Kay is involved in something illegal, as are the rest of the guards. And if I'm right, we can probably force the guards out of the issue. That would make things a lot easier." Vhalyar remarks, evaluating the current situation.

Erutaron
2010-06-08, 02:44 PM
Govad and Krenshar

I'll say randomly you choose an unmarked portal. You stick your head through the barrier and on the other side you are peering from the back of a quiet shop selling linens, which appears to be on the surface. It seems to be closed, and you can see passerbys on the street.

Eurys and Vhalyar

When you ask for directions to Find Sgt. Kay at the Pigwhistle Pub you are told it is on the 2nd level in the Northern Commons, two blocks upleft from the Green Dragon Inn.

Bryant

Blowguns even in Ishka are rare, and these ones seem quite peculiar. They are several different sizes ranging from 1 to 6 inches, some are feathered while some are not, and they all bear small symbols carved into them. They appear to be dwarven letters, but not Dwarven words.

shaddy_24
2010-06-08, 08:09 PM
Eurys

Eurys nods his thanks, then quickly heads off. As he walks, he talks quietly with Vhalyar. "Do you want to handle this, or should I? I don't usually confront the people I'm looking for, but I can handle it if need be." He waits for the other's response.

Samm
2010-06-09, 02:00 AM
Bryant

Blowguns even in Ishka are rare, and these ones seem quite peculiar. They are several different sizes ranging from 1 to 6 inches, some are feathered while some are not, and they all bear small symbols carved into them. They appear to be dwarven letters, but not Dwarven words.

Bryant looks at the darts, noticing the differences in dart lenghts, and the fact that some darts are feathered and others aren't, thinks, "I'll bet these are from different blowguns... unless they've been damaged or something...". He asks to the undead man, "Have these darts been damaged at all, or are they how you've found them?", he then looks to young man he met at the station, "Do you know what these symbols are? I don't know dwarvish..."

Frog Dragon
2010-06-09, 08:00 AM
"I can deal with it. I've been doing this for a living for a good 11 years." Vhalyar replies. He keeps walking. "Looks like we're close." He comments, passing the mentioned Green Dragon inn. "Shouldn't take long."
(OOC: As far as I'm concerned, we can skip to the pub.)

ForzaFiori
2010-06-09, 11:05 AM
"This job is gonna get me killed one day." Govad mutters to himself as Krenshar sticks his head through a portal "But I can't just let him do all the work. Eenie, meanie, minie, moe. Govad continues, before playing a children's game to choose a door (the eenie meanie stuff). He put's his head through the portal in between the Arena and Downpour lv 2.

Fable Wright
2010-06-09, 10:10 PM
continuing to pick portals until I find one that gives me a view of/in the warehouse, so please skip to the part where hostiles jump me, or I find the portal I'm looking for.