PDA

View Full Version : [4e] Steelglade IC

ungulateman
2010-05-13, 05:26 AM
You are in the town of Bronzewood, on the outskirts of the empire of Steelglade. For your own reasons, you have ended up in this backwater, and decide to band together as a group of adventurers. You approach the local markets, bustling with people buying, selling, loading and unloading goods, losing things and finding them again.
The markets around here sell a wide variety of mundane items. Certain dealers may be able to acquire more exotic goods.

As you walk into the centre of the marketplace, you see a group of merchants arguing loudly over a decrepit wagon and its scant remaining goods. Two groups have assembled - one mostly elves and humans, with a detached-looking eladrin woman clearly in charge, and the other mostly dragonborn with a dishevelled male tiefling glowering at the blank-faced eladrin with unconcealed hate.
The eladrin is the local merchant baroness, Meriel Soveliss. She is in control of the local trade, and organises the markets. The tiefling and dragonborn are from the Dragon Kingdoms, a country far to the east across the Stonespine Ranges.
Tiefling: Is it our fault we were attacked? We barely got away with our lives!

Eladrin: Your guard were insufficient? You seem to suggest an enemy of some strength and number ambushed your caravan.

Tiefling: I'm not insulting our guard - they died honourably - but those kobolds shouldn't even be around the roads!

Eladrin: We will organise a call to arms - this menace to our trade needs to be dealt with.

As you approach, the merchants turn to face you.

Tiefling: Who would this group be, then? Mercenaries? Militia? Pelor forbid, a party of adventurers?

[pause]

Eladrin: ...Would you be interested in a task, strangers? We promise its completion will be rewarded...generously.

Lost Demiurge
2010-05-13, 06:13 AM
"Maybe."

Says the short, bespectacled tiefling among the crowd. "What did you have in mind?"

ungulateman
2010-05-13, 08:29 AM
Eladrin: Allow me to introduce myself. I am Meriel Soveliss, the baroness of this fine village. The caravans in this area have been assaulted by the most vulgar of creatures; known in the common tongue as kobolds.

On saying the word, Meriel's face wrinkles in disgust.

Meriel: We know the general area of the kobold's location; a cave, a few leagues from the village, hidden in the forest. We would be most appreciative if you would...clear out this infestation.

Lost Demiurge
2010-05-13, 09:38 AM
"Oh! Er, ah, pleased to meet you, Baroness." The tiefling bows. "I'm Sefria, this tusky fellow here is Sark, and these other folks are some nice people I followed into town."

"I really don't have a problem cleaning out caves, I meet the most interesting entities that way. How about you folks? Want to go help out this town?" She looks over at the others.

Kaiser Omnik
2010-05-13, 10:46 AM
The dark-cloaked elf couldn't help but laugh. He then rubbed his chin and spoke to his companions:

"Kobolds? What a waste of time for a champion of Shenanine...I've killed rats that posed a greater challenge. And all that to defend trade routes! Oh well, this will have to do for now. It will be a sort of...training before we move to more important matters. A quest, even?! Fair Goddess of Moonlight, I will be waiting for a sign from you..."

ungulateman
2010-05-13, 08:30 PM
Meriel: Excellent. I will expect you bring back reasonable proof of your victory, however - perhaps some object they hold worthy, or the body of their leader. Farewell, adventurers.

Meriel turns and leaves. The tiefling grunts and looks towards your group.

Tiefling: Hmmph. I suppose you want directions, then. I'll lead you there, if you need it. Oh, my name's Chant, so you know. Not that you'll care.

Within a few minutes, the merchants find a map inside the wagon. It is stained and grubby, with claw marks tearing half of it to scrap.

Chant: We were ambushed here, just past this hairpin bend. I suspect the cave would be up in the rocks, but I'm not sure on that.

Lost Demiurge
2010-05-13, 08:49 PM
"Well, I care!" Insists Sefria. "Names are very important, and I'm pleased to meet you, Chant. Oh, and you too, er, champion." She smiles at the elf.

A few minutes later she's poring over the map. "Okay. Doesn't look far. Mind if we borrow this?"

ungulateman
2010-05-13, 09:19 PM
Chant: Not at all. We'll need a new one at any rate, considering its condition.

Chant turns and walks towards a carpenter's shop, and he begins talking to the owner about getting his wagon fixed.
It'll get fixed. :D
With the map in hand, you set off along the road. When you reach your destination, small handholds in the cliff above the road lead up to a thickly forested plateau.

You see a cave entrance, full of chunks of rock and foliage. Two bored looking kobold guards sit bored, while one with a sling chases a hedgehog around in circles with a hungry look in its eye. Lamps hang from the walls, lighting the inside of the cave with a dim reddy-orange glow.
http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad65/ungulateman/CobaltKoboldsEncounter1.png?t=1273803310
Ow. Sorry about the gigantic image.
As you approach, the slinger trips over his own feet, and lands flat on his face. As he looks up, he spots you, and hisses a warning in his tongue.

Slinger: Intrudersssss! Intrudersssss!

Kaiser Omnik
2010-05-13, 11:16 PM
"Your life is forfeit. The Goddess wills it."

Peren identified the kobold slinger as his target and charged toward him, gripping his sword two-handed. Now, and until the creature's death, nothing would come between him and Sehanine's enemy.

Assuming we are at the edge of the dark grey area...
Minor action: Oath of Enmity - Slinger
Move action: Move my speed to the enemy (not an actual charge)
Standard: Bond of Pursuit; two attack rolls as per OoE power, take highest
[roll0] vs AC
[roll1] vs AC
[roll2]

ungulateman
2010-05-13, 11:51 PM
The slinger panics and swings wildly with its dagger, hitting nothing. In its shock it has dropped its guard, and Peren takes full advantage of it. Peren stabs his fullblade deep into its stomach. Blood spurts from the wound, but the kobold manages to stay conscious.
http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad65/ungulateman/CobaltKoboldsEncounter1-1.png?t=1273812302
The attack hits, and the slinger has become bloodied. Its opportunity attack missed (unless an 8 hits your AC all of a sudden).

Current initiative count:
Peren
Sefria
Slinger
Other PCs (haven't rolled)
Guards

Lost Demiurge
2010-05-14, 06:29 AM
Sefria moves up behind the westernmost rock, placing herself just to the left of some thick bushes.

Pulling out a tome, she riffles through it, and murmurs.

"Great King Elidyr, grant your subject a boon 'cause it's smiting time! I strike that unworthy in your name!" The curse reverberates in the air as the slinger feels a great and stern presence look upon him.

Sefria's eyes glow as light surges from them...

Eyes of the Vestige sez...

[roll0] vs. will

And the kobold's eyes glow with a brightness that intensifies, revealing the very skull within his flesh as his entire face is illuminated from within...

ungulateman
2010-05-14, 08:00 AM
As the horrifying power of King Elidyr's spirit floods the slinger's mind, an unseen force lifts it gently into the air, and suddenly hurls it into the cave mouth like a stone from a catapult. The guards are treated to the sight of a possessed kobold flying through the air, squealing in terror as the vestige of an ancient ruler tortures its mind.

The guards, rising from their posts, advance on Peren, their lithe forms slinking towards him and denying him a chance to strike back.
Guards
Move action: Move to within 2 squares of Peren.
Minor action: Shift adjacent to Peren, using shifty.
Standard action: Basic attack.
First guard:[roll0] vs AC
Damage:[roll1]
Second guard:[roll2] vs AC
Damage:[roll3]
http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad65/ungulateman/CobaltKoboldsEncounter1-2.png?t=1273841054

Kaiser Omnik
2010-05-14, 10:00 AM
Not a bit intimidated by the guards, Peren steps aside and swings his mighty sword at the rightmost kobold as he does so. This shouldn't take long...

Minor: OoE on rightmost guard
Standard: Bond of Pursuit
[roll0] vs AC
[roll1]
Move: Shift southeast into difficult terrain (foliage) thanks to Wild Step racial ability. Peren is now concealed.

Lost Demiurge
2010-05-14, 10:09 AM
Sefria's eyes go wide behind her glasses. "Huh!" Usually King Elidyr's all business, less inclined to play with his targets. She puts away the book, whips out her journal, and scrawls notes in it. "...Currently unexplained hatred of kobolds? Check later."

When she looks up again, Peren's out of sight, "Uh-oh!" She glances at the rest of the travelers, then shrugs. So they're a little surprised. Hope they snap out of it. In the meantime...

"Thank you, oh king! But two more await your wrath!"

She utters a word in the ancient tongue and curses the nearest. As she does so, her eyes glow once more...
Eyes of the Vestige again, I think.
[roll0] vs. will. Splitting damage as per power...

If it hits, then
[roll1] to the nearest, and transferring the curse damage to the farthest. Total is [roll2]

Then she scampers back to the rest of the group, taking care to end up next to Sark.

Aron Times
2010-05-14, 01:11 PM
Melisizwe advances towards the kobold right next to Peren and opens up with Warlord's Favor.

Move Action: Move towards the kobold.
Standard Action: Warlord's Favor

Warlord's Favor
Attack: [roll0]
Hit: [roll1] and Peren gets a +5 power bonus to attack rolls against the kobold until the end of Mel's next turn.

Aron Times
2010-05-14, 01:13 PM
Action Point: Commander's Strike

Commander's Strike
Attack: Peren makes a melee basic attack against the kobold.
Hit: Peren's melee basic attack damage + 4 damage.

P.S.

Don't forget the +5 to attack rolls if I managed to hit with Warlord's Favor.

ungulateman
2010-05-14, 07:59 PM
King Elidyr's spirit once again rises, dividing itself and sending a ethereal green spike of otherworldy power into each guard. They withstand this punishment, not being preoccupied by a fullblade to the stomach like the slinger was.

Melisizwe launches himself forward, laughing as the guard turns and strikes at him.

OA on Mel from the kobold.
vs AC
[roll1] damage

After his swing, Melisizwe calls out to Peren to attack, unaware that he has retreated into the undergrowth and is awaiting a chance to strike later. He passionately calls to his allies to assist him, but no one answers.

Bad timing, Mel. Peren isn't in melee range. So yeah, you burned an action point for no reason. >_>

The kobolds shift into a flanking position around Melisizwe, harrying him with a series of coordinated blows.

Move action: Shift into flanking position.
Standard action: Basic attack, with combat advantage.
First kobold: [roll2] vs AC
[roll]1d8+1d6 damage
Second kobold: vs AC
[roll]1d8+1d6 damage
http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad65/ungulateman/CobaltKoboldsEncounter1-3.png?t=1273885093

Kaiser Omnik
2010-05-14, 08:20 PM
Surprised by the kobolds' resilience, Peren positions himself to strike with great force, aided by an unseen hand.

Standard: Bond of Pursuit on adjacent kobold (target of my OoE)
[roll0] vs AC
[roll1] vs AC
[roll2]

Kaiser Omnik
2010-05-14, 08:30 PM
But the last attack was only a distraction! Peren quickly slips past one kobold to get to the other!

Action point!
Standard: Angelic Alacrity
I shift 4 squares, adjacent to the other kobold, into the foliage, and then attack
[roll0] vs AC (+5 bonus from Warlord's Favor)
[roll1]

Lost Demiurge
2010-05-14, 08:54 PM
"King Elidyr, your might will be sung of throughout the lands!" Sefria's eyes glow once more.

Curse upon the uncursed one, move up into the concealment to the southeast of Peren, and Eyes of the Vestige upon the one I just cursed. If it drops, King Elidyr grants Peren +2 to all defenses until the end of my next turn.

[roll0] to hit.... (+4 if it's bloodied)
[roll1] psychic damage.

She blinks, and her eyes flicker. "Okay, fine, no singing..."

ungulateman
2010-05-14, 10:23 PM
Peren feints at the kobold in front of him, then calls upon the Lady for divine favour.

His prayer is answered, and he slips over to the other guard, skewering it upon his fullblade like a roast on a spit.

Sefria's promise of singing has clearly angered King Elidyr, who instead of attacking the kobold, decides to stack a pile of rocks on Sefria's head.

The remaining guard jumps away from Melisizwe and starts moving toward the tunnel mouth, as if looking for something.
http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad65/ungulateman/CobaltKoboldsEncounter1-4.png?t=1273893771
He's going to rouse those fire beetles. Watch out, they're brutes.

Kaiser Omnik
2010-05-16, 11:31 PM
Angered by the kobold's cowardice, Peren throws himself at him.

"You shouldn't be trying to escape. I want my enemies to face me! I am not a vulgar thief or assassin!"

Move: Move adjacent to the kobold, in the foliage (concealment, +2 to AC)
[roll0]
[roll1] (+6 bonus from Censure of Pursuit included)

ungulateman
2010-05-17, 01:06 AM
Peren is rewarded for his dedication to his god with a burst of strength and speed, running the kobold through completely. As its corpse slumps to the ground, the lanterns on the wall start to crack open. Before your very eyes, they are unfolding, revealing their true forms - firey beetles, trained by the kobolds to guard the cavern!
The kobold's OA: [roll0] vs. AC
[roll1] damage
http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad65/ungulateman/CobaltKoboldsEncounter1-5.png?t=1274076220
Yeah, I cut out the white space. I'm happy too.

Lost Demiurge
2010-05-18, 09:14 AM
Sefria smiles, her eyes glowing. One thing she had learned early on... The more that you call upon the vestiges, the less it takes to exert them once they get going. After a bit you usually don't even have to vocalize.

She looks upon the nearest beetle with King Elidyr's eyes, and feels the ancient lord stretch forth a flickering hand...

Curse the leftmost beetle, and eyes of the Vestige!
[roll0]
If it hits, then it'll take
[roll1] and the other beetle will be cursed as well.

ungulateman
2010-05-19, 01:06 AM
King Elidyr reaches out with an outstretched hand, driving his hand towards the beetle's tiny brain. As he squeezes, a tendril of his essence spirals around the other beetle, fogging its dim thoughts.

Hit, damaged and cursed. No need to update the image yet.

ungulateman
2010-05-21, 01:10 AM
Bump.

10char

Lost Demiurge
2010-05-21, 06:31 AM
And again, Sefria's will stretches forth, King Elidyr behind it...

Going for the beetle on the left again.
[roll0] vs. will

Damage if it hits is [roll1]

Kaiser Omnik
2010-05-21, 09:56 AM
Peren

The elf attacks the nearest beetle with all his might.

Move 2
Minor: Oath on the rightmost beetle
Standard: Bond of Pursuit on the rightmost beetle
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

ungulateman
2010-05-21, 07:46 PM
King Elidyr manages to seize the beetle's mind again, although his grip seems to be not quite as tight as before. Fiery blood starts to ooze out of the beetle's mouth.

Peren leaps towards the other insect, seemingly intent on crushing like the pest it is. The beetle looks upward, and snaps at his cloak. Regardless, Peren plunges his sword into its body, cracking its red hot shell.

OA against Peren.
[roll0] vs AC
[roll1] damage

The leftmost beetle, scuttling over towards Peren, unleashes a blast of flame!

Close blast - the beetle is too stupid to avoid hitting its ally, clearly.
[roll2] vs Reflex
[roll3] damage

The other beetle continues to snap away, mostly unaware of the burning acid splattered over it.
Normal attack.
[roll4] vs AC
[roll5] damage
http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad65/ungulateman/CobaltKoboldsEncounter1-6.png?t=1274489138

Peren, you're in deeeeeeep ****. All I have to say about it.

Lost Demiurge
2010-05-21, 07:57 PM
Grimacing at the amount of pain the young elf is soaking up, Sefria offers up a quick prayer for his safety.

On the other hand, the beetle she's been attacking looks quite bloody now... She nods. The King can rest a little, simple magic will carry this the rest of the way.

Moving up to the bushes just south of Peren, she pulls her journal out as she goes. Arcane wind ruffles the pages as she points at the leftmost beetle, and unleashes a bolt of raw magic towards the thing...

Let's mix it up with an Eldritch blast!
[roll0] vs. reflex Since it's bloodied...

If that hits,
[roll1] plus [roll2] damage.

...And misses, horribly. She sighs, takes off her spectacles and mops them quickly. Stupid nearsightedness!

ungulateman
2010-05-21, 10:27 PM
The crackling bolt of eldritch energy flies askew, doing little more than scorching the cave wall.
http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad65/ungulateman/CobaltKoboldsEncounter1-7.png?t=1274498832

ungulateman
2010-05-24, 01:21 AM
Well, it's my move now. >_> Sorry for being completely brain-dead about initiative here.

The beetles close in on Peren, nipping at his flanks and foiling his defenses.

Move action: The bloodied beetle is going to move to a flanking position (I don't need to provoke an OA here, it goes around).
Roll for recharging the fire: [roll0]
Standard action: Om nom nom.
[roll1] to hit (+2 from combat advantage)
[roll2] damage
[roll3] to hit (+2 from combat advantage)
[roll4] damage
http://i50.tinypic.com/29p5dkz.jpg

Lost Demiurge
2010-05-24, 08:31 AM
Sefria flips through the book quickly, scribbling notes as she goes. She frowns at the nearest beetle, and another bolt of arcane energy zig-zags out from her hand as she points at it.
Alright, let's try that again... Eldritch Blast at the same target.
[roll0] vs. reflex to hit.
[roll1] plus [roll2] if it hits.

Kaiser Omnik
2010-05-24, 11:12 AM
Stuck between the two beetles, Peren maneuvers carefully, intending on finding a weak spot under the creature's carapace.

Move: Shift NW adjacent to the OoE target
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

ungulateman
2010-05-25, 12:20 AM
This time, Sefria's bolt of energy flies true, sizzling as it burns into the beetle's flesh. As the blast clears, the insect is barely on its feet, twitching in defiance even as it slowly dies.

Peren's elven agility lets him slip past the other beetle during a hesitant moment, escaping its haranguing. As he plunges his sword through a crack in the creature's shell, it slumps to the ground, still desperate to tear the avenger limb from limb.

Roll to recharge the fire:[roll0]
Move action: The beetle closest to Sefria moves adjacent to her.
Standard action: Bite attacks all round.
Peren: 25 vs AC *critical hit*
10 damage
Sefria: 17 vs AC
7 damage

Frigging dice roller and its inability to accept edits.
http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad65/ungulateman/CobaltKoboldsEncounter1-8.png?t=1274764797

ungulateman
2010-05-28, 01:08 AM
Bump.
After a few tense moments of combat, the beetles finally collapse, and the group can briefly rest. Peren is particularly shaky, having absorbed the vast majority of the damage.

500 XP, split as per normal. (I'm not keeping a very accurate count on the XP, but you'll have enough to level up by the end of this quest.)
As you look around, you notice scorch marks along the trees and rocks, like if lightning had struck the area or a fire had gone through.

Lost Demiurge
2010-05-28, 08:05 AM
Sefria sighs, and shuts her book. She takes a few minutes to search over the kobolds, then looks over the beetles, and shrugs. "Beetles don't carry money, usually..."

Healing surge to heal meself up! Should put me back to full.

She glares at the two frozen strangers back at the path, and the snoring form of Sark, who's somehow managed to nod off just before the fight.

"Okay. Look. I KNOW I'm just an amateur at this killing-fighting... stuff... But me and the nice elfguy here had to go this pretty much alone. That is not good. Sark I can forgive... He's got chronic narcolepsy, though it doesn't kick in that often. The rest of you? Not so much. Never has so much air and equipment been wasted on such a worthless lot."

"C'mon Peren. Let's go back to town and get some REAL adventurers. I wouldn't trust this lot to kill rats in cellars."

She pauses on the way back to kick Sark in the ribs, and wake him up if possible. Then she's heading back down the road, tail twitching.

Kaiser Omnik
2010-05-28, 11:25 AM
Peren

The elf inspects the burnt rocks.

[roll0]

"I'm with you on this one. I definitely have more important things to do. The sooner we can take care of this small problem, the sooner I can return to serving a higher purpose. Too bad those people can't take care of themselves."

Peren rapidly catches up to Sefria. He is smiling.

"Good job there, Sefria,is it? You sure seem like a reliable fellow and good team player. Let the stars and the moon guide us and we may go far together."

Use up 3 healing surges to get back to full health.

Lost Demiurge
2010-05-28, 12:23 PM
"Er." Sefria coughs, unused to the compliments. "Ah, thank you. Not much of a fellow," she grins, and tugs at her bodice, "but I'm happy to carry my share of work." She pauses and picks up a burnt rock, frowning at it. Then she tucks it away in her pack for later analysis.

"You did well up there, by the way. We might want to work on some tactics, down the road... For when we come back."

She gnaws her lip in worry, and glances back at the cave. "I really, really hope there are more people in town willing to help us with this. Second rule of kobolds is that there are always more kobolds."

ungulateman
2010-05-28, 08:02 PM
Peren found the rocks had scorch marks similar to magical lightning - he'd know, seeing how his previous masters drove him out of their monastery.

Peren: "Magical lightning. Kobolds. It's fairly obvious that there's a dragon, or a very similar creature, in the area. Probably not that big, considering the size of the marks."

"I have a sudden urge to go to a tavern and find three strangers to go on this quest!"
"What, so soon after our three friends died?"

Lost Demiurge
2010-05-28, 08:38 PM
"Really!" Says Sefria, holding her own rock up to her spectacles, and scrutinizing it.

Go go arcana roll!

[roll0]

Aw, stupid arcana roll... :smallredface:

"Hm. You may be right. We could use a tracker, or someone with woodslore... If it's a dragon there will DEFINITELY be signs."

Kaiser Omnik
2010-05-28, 08:42 PM
"That's not a bad idea. And I wouldn't mind a teammate who can take some hits for the team. As you can see I'm not trained to fight a dragon face to face, or to block dragonbreath."

Lost Demiurge
2010-05-28, 09:32 PM
"True. I'm a bit squishy myself, and not in a good way."

She smiles.

"King Elidyr had a saying... Even a small dragon is still a dragon. We'd best approach this carefully."

The smile fades, as she glances backward. "Damn shame that Sark's illness struck. Hopefully he'll snap out of it and find his way back to town..."

ungulateman
2010-05-29, 01:46 AM
The rock holds no incredible secrets within its...rocky depths. Sefria is unable to discern any more than Peren did.

As the pair walk back into Bronzewood, they spot Chant the merchant overseeing the reconstruction of his wagon.

Chant: "Oh, you're back. I was expecting you to be a while."

"...Where'd the other three go?"

Lost Demiurge
2010-05-29, 05:44 AM
"Two of 'em chickened out, the third one... Uh, took a hard blow and is resting in a place of safety. So we're going back to town to recruit a few more. Hopefully there's some braver folks there."

ungulateman
2010-05-29, 07:06 AM
Chant: "Alright then. My wagon is nearly fixed, so when you need to go back, you can catch a ride if you want."

Chant turns back to the wagon and starts helping the carpenter with repairing it.

Lost Demiurge
2010-05-31, 10:08 AM
"Works for me." Sefria makes herself busy hauling boards and helping out in minor ways.

ungulateman
2010-06-01, 12:43 AM
In no time, the wagon is repaired and ready to set off.

Chant: "Thanks for that."

"If you need some more people to help deal with our kobold problem, try the mercenary station on the outskirts to the west. People like yourselves gather there all the time."

As he walks back into the carpenter's shop to pay, you hear some commotion roughly to the south-west of the markets.

Lost Demiurge
2010-06-01, 06:18 AM
"Hm! That's roughly in the direction of that mercenary station. Let's go look." Says Sefria, not at all winded from her work assisting with the cart.

And she starts heading that way.

Kaiser Omnik
2010-06-01, 06:20 AM
Peren archs an eyebrow.

"I hope those people are worth our time."

And he follows.

Lost Demiurge
2010-06-01, 06:58 AM
Peren archs an eyebrow.

"I hope those people are worth our time."

And he follows.

"Well, we shall never know until we talk to them. And really now... "Worthy of our time?" That's kind of... Well, arrogant, don't you think? Waitaminute, you're not a noble by any chance, are you?

ungulateman
2010-06-01, 07:05 AM
Yay stereotypical paladin behaviour. I hope making a Star Wars reference makes up for roleplaying for you, ILK. I feel bad making you act like a ****. >_>

As you approach the source of the commotion, it becomes clear what the problem is - a dragonborn paladin, respledent in magnificent armor and adorned with symbols of Bahamut, is having a very loud argument with what appears to be the manager of the mercenary station, a middle aged human going to fat.

Manager: "Look, I don't care about your theological problems with this 'wretched hive of scum and villainy', you can't just expect to barge in here and start fighting!"

Dragonborn: "I have nothing against your business, I have a problem with that goliath who was coercing those wizards into giving him their valuables! He's exploiting the vulnerable, so I am divinely bound to stop him!"

Manager: "Zergeth, please. He lost three fingers, don't push this matter further. We're lucky we had a cleric around, he could've lost them for good."

Zergeth snorts. "Hmph. Alright, I won't continue here. I'm sure there are better things for me to do in this town."

Kaiser Omnik
2010-06-01, 07:32 AM
Peren grins. He turns to his companion:

"You see? That's what I'm talking about. Unless he's just showing off, that dragonborn in shining armor is probably worth our time. He doesn't look like he will cower at the first sign of danger."

A paladin of Bahamut. He sighed. He couldn't imagine more self-righteous and deluded than a paladin of Bahamut. But in this backwater village, that might be the best they can get...

Lost Demiurge
2010-06-01, 08:25 AM
"Hm!" Says Sefria, smiling. Then she remembers her last dealings with paladins. "Hm..." She says, frowning. Well, the wounds didn't scar, anyway...

Then, shrugging, she moves forward. "Well, nothing ventured, nothing gained."

"Greetings, Sir... Zergeth, was it? My companion and I could REALLY use your help. We found some evil that needs a smiting, and we could use more smote."

ILOVEKAREN
2010-06-01, 11:45 AM
The blue-scale warrior turns and gives the newcomers a slight bow,"Please, tell me of your quest. Yes, I am called Zergeth, and you may have what I am looking for."

Lost Demiurge
2010-06-01, 12:06 PM
"Uhm, sure. Why don't we take a walk away from nervous ears, and we can talk."

Once out of earshot of bystanders, Sefria says "So, we got asked to clear out some kobolds that have been troubling travelers, recently. We went and started to do that, but judging by some of the signs around... We think they've got a dragon down in their cave."

She takes off her spectacles and polishes them on her shirt absent-mindedly, exposing red midriff for a second. "Two's not enough for any type of, uh, evil dragon. So we thought we'd go back to town and look for help. And, well, a paladin of Bahamut's the first thing we find! That's no coincidence. I hope you'll see fit to join us."
Spectacles slide back on, and she nods to the north. "Of course, it would be best to grab a few more folks. I think there's a mercenary pavilion over there. Unless you know a few more people who'd like to join in on this?"

ILOVEKAREN
2010-06-01, 08:03 PM
Zergath smiles broadly. "Sounds like a most worthy cause! I'm new in town myself, but I did see an Eladrin wandering around who had a competent air. I think that's him over there."

ungulateman
2010-06-01, 08:26 PM
As you turn, you see the eladrin Zergeth was talking about. He is addressing the manager of the station on exactly how its atmosphere offended his senses and what he should do to improve it.

Manager: "Sod off, you pretentious git. If you're going to complain about all these fancy-pants "hygiene" and "cleanliness", go somewhere else."

Eladrin: "If you so wish. I have better matters to attend to now anyway."

Lost Demiurge
2010-06-01, 10:01 PM
"Ah!" Sefria bounces over to the Eladrin, grinning widely. "Hi! Name's Sefria. Sorry to interrupt, but would you happen to be willing to help us with a pretty tricky matter?"

She drops her voice as the manager throws up his hands and leaves, and once he's out of earshot...

"There's a kobold cave on the outskirts of town, and we're pretty sure there's a dragon somewhere in it. We could use the help clearing it out." She indicates her two companions, and herself. "The big scaly fellow in plate mail recommended I talk to you. I hope you're an adventurous sort..."

Ron2112
2010-06-02, 08:37 AM
Sizing up his potential companions, the Eladrin replies, "Adventurous may not be the precise word, but curious, and in search of, errr -- broadening experiences -- yes, most definitely. And trying to take down a dragon would certainly fit the bill."

With a slight flourish, he continues, "I am Thanald and at your service."

Lost Demiurge
2010-06-02, 10:31 AM
"Excellent! As I said, I'm Sefria, that's Peren over there, and the big plated guy is Zergeth."

She offers a handshake.

Then looks around.

"We could probably do with one more, to be safe. Dragons are no joke... Maybe the mercenary pavilion will have someone." And she leads the way there.

ungulateman
2010-06-03, 06:13 AM
Curtly nodding, Thanald follows the group in silently. The manager is brooding over a mug of mead in the corner, and simply shakes his head as you walk in.

Manager: "Just don't hit anyone, alright? I don' care anymore."

You look around, but nobody appropriate turns up - half of the mercenaries want exorbitant pay ("A dragon? How much are you paying?"), and the others are either psychopathic ("Sure, but I'm killing it. I gotta. I have to.") or plain nasty to you ("Sod off, you goody-goodies. I don't care about your worthy causes.").

Lost Demiurge
2010-06-03, 07:40 AM
"Well." Says Sefria. "Alright then. I guess we're it. Let's get on the road, before the kobolds have a chance to regroup."

As the group heads back down the path, she pauses to consider the team.

"Hey. It just occured to me, dragons usually have a good amount of treasure. Does... Anyone object to making an even split of any valuable items, coin, and whatnot that we find? A share for everyone? Well, I mean barring stuff that obviously belongs to townsfolk, anyway. If there's barrels of grain or whatever there we should probably return THAT..."

ILOVEKAREN
2010-06-03, 10:35 AM
"Sounds fair," the dragonborn agrees. "But what about things which cannot be split, and which we may not want to sell, such as magical items? Should they go to the person who could best use them? Should we draw lots for them, or vote among ourselves who should keep them?"

Ron2112
2010-06-03, 12:04 PM
"Zergeth's suggestion seems appropriate to me," Thanald agrees. "The person who can make the best use of an item should get it, and we can liqudate the rest for an even split. Shall we press on?"

Kaiser Omnik
2010-06-03, 12:22 PM
Peren, arms crossed, remains silent as he observes the newcomers in the group. He finds it funny how those people are already dividing the dragon's hoard before even entering the beast's lair. He wonders how they will react once they come face to face with a live dragon. Especially that obviously inexperienced wizard.

He finally nods and takes the direction of the cave.

Lost Demiurge
2010-06-03, 12:27 PM
"That solution works for me, Zergeth!" Sefria's smile is honest and relieved. "Alright, let's go get those kobolds!"

SO glad the holy warrior didn't insist on a tithe to the church or whatever. Occupational hazard with these guys, sometimes...

ungulateman
2010-06-04, 12:50 AM
As the conversation dwindles dow, you notice a well-armored human coming to where you stand.

Human: "I heard you talking about a dragon, correct? I've heard of the kobolds raiding the caravans around these parts - I've spent more than enough time guarding them."

He chuckles.

"And I assumed any dragon around these parts would draw kobolds in quick-smart!"

Looking around, noticing the stares he's getting, he lowers his voice a bit.

"Anyway, if you need some help, I'd be willing to join you."

ILOVEKAREN
2010-06-04, 01:16 AM
Zergeth extends a hand in welcome. "Well, speaking for myself, the help would be welcome. What is your name, sir?"

Sekhyu
2010-06-04, 02:22 AM
The human takes Zergeth's hand and shakes it firmly, "I go by Cot, and I say you'll be lucky to have me around."

Cot examines the group thoroughly with a confident grin on his face, "We should get going then? I doubt you'll find anymore worthwhile mercenaries around these parts. Just a few greedy freeloaders." He says the latter in a hushed voice, not wanting to draw in any more unnecessary attention.

ungulateman
2010-06-04, 02:36 AM
You walk back to the marketplace, where Chant stands next to his wagon.

"Found some more competent adventurers, I take it. Want to set off, or do you have something else to do?"

ILOVEKAREN
2010-06-04, 02:48 AM
"I, for one, am ready to go." Zergeth looks around at the others.

Ron2112
2010-06-04, 06:21 AM
"Yes, let's get this started," Thanald agrees. Noticing the elf sizing him up, he adds, "The sooner we dispatch of this task and prove ourselves to each other, the sooner we can get on to bigger and better things."

Lost Demiurge
2010-06-04, 06:59 AM
"Welcome aboard, Cot!" Sefria shakes his hand, and grins.

Once they get to Chant, she nods. "Yeah! Let's get this done! Got a much better feeling this time..."

ungulateman
2010-06-04, 08:47 AM
Soon, you reach your previous location and stand directly outside the kobold's cave. You spot a previously missed sign, showing a bright blue creature with a sword fighting a brown blob. Underneath it in Draconic, it says Cobalt Kobolds - Bestest Killies in West-Mountain!

You can hear a faint murmur from inside the cave, but can't discern anything specific.

Lost Demiurge
2010-06-04, 09:08 AM
Sefria bites her lip.

"Alright. They've probably noticed the missing guards by now. How do we want to play this?"

She mops her spectacles, squinting towards the cave with weak eyes. "I've got a little skill in spotting traps..."

ILOVEKAREN
2010-06-04, 09:25 AM
Zergeth frowns. "Do you believe you can approach without being detected? If so, then perhaps you should examine the entrance. If not, it might be better to rely on speed rather than caution."

Kaiser Omnik
2010-06-04, 10:06 AM
Peren takes a step forward.

"The shadows embrace me, I am Sehahine's child. Let me scout ahead."

He then sneaks into the cave.

[roll0]

Kaiser Omnik
2010-06-04, 11:32 AM
Also, [roll0].

ungulateman
2010-06-04, 08:22 PM
Peren is less embraced by the shadows than shunted into them, and a moment of clumsiness betrays his position to the kobolds inside.

Casting caution to the wind now you've been discovered, you rush inside, to discover a military barracks festooned with small weaponry and tiny suits of armor, all of which would be adorable were it not for the blood stains all over them. A massive jet black blade stands in the middle of the room, a trophy from some grand foe.

Right now your attention is grabbed by the four heavily armored kobolds standing to face you. They hiss in unison: "Great Mother, grant me strength!"
Initiative:
[roll0]
Start anywhere on the bottom row. Roll initative either in spoilers, or in the OOC thread. Same goes for attack rolls / save rolls / whatever.
http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad65/ungulateman/BarracksEncounter.png?t=1275700905

Ron2112
2010-06-04, 08:49 PM
"Elves," sighs Thanald, as he braces himself for combat.

[roll0]

I'll start in the third dark grey square from the left.

ILOVEKAREN
2010-06-04, 11:12 PM
Zergeth hisses back at them in Draconic, "Indeed, you must have the strength to face your death bravely."

1d20-1 I will start in the 7th square from the left.

Lost Demiurge
2010-06-04, 11:49 PM
"Hey, it was a... um, a good try. No harm done, really." Sefria consoles Peren.

I'll start in the sixth from the left. Initiative is...
[roll0]

Sekhyu
2010-06-05, 12:11 AM
Cot takes a step forward, with his hand on his blade's hilt, ready to spring into action. Getting a good look at the area. "Eh, this might be amusing, might as well get into a better position."

He motions at Zergeth to get closer to the action with haste.

[roll0] On initiative, I'll start on Zergeth's right, but I'll use battlefront shift to allow Zergeth to shift half of his speed before combat starts.

Kaiser Omnik
2010-06-05, 10:21 AM
Peren glares at the eladrin, draws his fullblade and takes position to the left of Sefria.

[roll0]

Kaiser Omnik
2010-06-05, 10:32 AM
Peren quickly reacts to the kobolds' prayer? War cry?

He moves with elven grace up to the nearest kobold, visciously slashing at his frail scaled body and giving him a dark look indicating that running away is not an option...

Minor: Oath of Enmity on SW kobold
Move: Move to the square south of the SW kobold

Take highest between:
[roll0] vs AC
[roll1] vs AC
[roll2]

If the target doesn't end his next turn adjacent to me, I can shift 5 as a free action and must end that shift closer to the target.

Lost Demiurge
2010-06-05, 11:41 AM
"King Elidyr, your humble servant craves a boon! Teach this kobold the error of his ways, I ask..." She gestures at the kobold that Peren's attacking. Again her eyes glow forth with golden light... As the kobold's illuminated by a scorching inner glow...

Okay, curse and Eyes of the Vestige against the SW kobold. If it hits, bounce another curse to the SE kobold.

[roll0] against will, and [roll1] psychic damage if it hits.

ungulateman
2010-06-05, 07:33 PM
Initiative count:
Peren
Sefria
Kobolds
Zergeth
Thanald
Cot

Peren's attack strikes true, and the dragonshield is cowed beneath his gaze. The ancient spirit of King Elidyr takes this break in the kobold's concentration to envelop its mind, sending flickers of energy from its eyes into the ones of another kobold's.

The other dragonshields shift into their positions and attack!

NW kobold: Walk 5 squares south, then shift adjacent to Thanald (kobolds shift as a minor). Melee attack: [roll0] vs AC
[roll1] damage. If it hits you, you're marked.
NE kobold: Walk south, then shift adjacent to Cot. Melee attack: [roll2] vs AC
[roll3] damage. If it hits you, you're marked.
Kobold adjacent to Peren: Shift to SE of Peren, using a move and a minor, then attack.
[roll4] vs AC
[roll5] damage. If it hits you, you're marked.
Kobold in empty space: Move adjacent to Cot, shifting to avoid an OA from Zergeth, then attack.
[roll6] vs AC
[roll7] damage. If it hits you, you're marked.
http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad65/ungulateman/BarracksEncounter-1.png?t=1275784395

ILOVEKAREN
2010-06-05, 08:52 PM
Zergeth will take his shift before combat to move two squares up and to the left, placing him just below Peren. Then he will turn and breath lightning on the 3 kobolds to the right, following it up with with a heartfelt swordblow on the one adjacent to him. Glancing over his shoulder, he screams at the kobold attacking Thranald "Do you dare face a follower of the True Dragon, puny one?"

Dragonbreath on 3 kobolds (minor action)
1d20+4
1d20+4
1d20+4 v. reflex.
1d6+4 damage if I hit.
Ardent strike on adjacent kobold (standard action)
[roll0] v. AC. [1d8+4] dmg if I hit and he is subject to divine sanction.
Divine challenge on kobold on Thranald (minor action substituted for move action) - kobold is marked by me and takes damage if he attacks anyone else, unless I do not attack him next turn.

ungulateman
2010-06-05, 09:48 PM
Unfortunately for Zergeth, the kobolds have been blessed by Tiamat in her incarnation of the blue dragon, and they ignore his electrifying breath.

The closest kobold steps back from Zergeth's ardent strike, taunting him.
Kobold: "See? Great Mother better than your Fake Dragon, clumsy brute!"
http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad65/ungulateman/BarracksEncounter-2.png?t=1275792466

Ron2112
2010-06-06, 05:21 AM
Thanald quickly recovers from the blow struck by the Kobold. He winks out of existence for a moment, only to reappear several feet away. A bolt of frigid purple energy appears around his hand and is sent hurtling back towards the Kobold who struck him.

Move: Using Fey Step to move 5 squares directly North of my current position.

Attack: Using Chill Strike to attack the Kobold who hit me. (Int vs. Fort)

[roll0]
[roll1] -- if it hits, Kobold is dazed until end of my next turn.

Edit: Woot....crit! So that's 19 damage, right?

ungulateman
2010-06-06, 06:27 AM
Distracted by Thanald's sudden dissapearance, the dragonshield leaves itself perilously exposed, and Thanald unleashes a mighty burst of chill power. Crystals of energy hang in the air around the kobold, and it struggles to focus on the battle around it.
It's been bloodied, and is now dazed until the end of your next turn.
http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad65/ungulateman/BarracksEncounter-3.png?t=1275823663

Sekhyu
2010-06-06, 12:38 PM
Cot lets his armor absorb one of the blows from the kobolds, and knocks away another one with his Shield, out of the corner of his eye he notices Thanald's attack,
"Nicely done, Thanald! Sefria, it's wide open, don't give it any time to rest!"

Cot carefully makes his way further from the others while watching the attacks from the two kobolds on him. He daintly waves his blade at them,
"And this is how you swing a blade properly... need any more lessons Kobolds? It seems Tiamat only taught you how to pray."

Move: Shift East
Standard: Direct the Strike on the Sefria, with the bloodied Kobold as the target, lets Sefria let loose a basic attack on that sucker: Remember Sefria, he's blooded :smallwink:

Lost Demiurge
2010-06-06, 01:12 PM
"On it!" Yells Sefria, flipping open a book and directing a blast of raw energy at the creature west of her. "Fall down, dragon flunky!"

Luck be a lady in directing this eldritch blast...

to hit vs reflex...
1d10+4[/roll] damage if it does.

Lost Demiurge
2010-06-06, 01:15 PM
Okay, mistyped that damage roll. Let's try this one, instead.
[roll0]

Kaiser Omnik
2010-06-06, 01:42 PM
Peren grins and points his sword towards the kobold.

"Don't turn your back on me. I won't be long."

He dashes west to hopefully deal the last blow to the bloodied vermin, after which he runs back north, taunting his original target.

"Come, now! This is between you and me!"

Lets me shift before I attack: West, West and South adjacent to the kobold
[roll0] 23 vs AC
[roll1] 23 damage

See OOC thread for rerolls and clarifications

Move: Move NE, NE, and finally NE
The bloodied kobold will be able to take an OA if I don't kill him, but if he does, he suffers the damage from the divine challenge

My OoE target must move towards me (or not move at all), or I get a +6 bonus on my damage rolls against him for one turn.

Lost Demiurge
2010-06-06, 02:18 PM
With a whoop of joy, Sefria watches Peren go. Finally, seeing her chance she darts northwest... Ending up just south of Zergeth. Flipping open her book to a new page, she calls "Yuri! Trumpet their doom!"

A vibration starts within the very air, and the sounds of a horn reverberate, crashing over and over again as the two kobolds nearest her are shaken!

Right! Moving northwest one square, and using Clarion Call. Close blast three, so I can catch the kobold touching zergeth and the one directly in front of Cot.

[roll0] vs fortitude and
[roll1] vs fortitude.

If any of 'em hits, that'll be
[roll2] thunder damage, and they're deafened until the end of my next turn. Oh, and I'll get 3 temporary hp for each one hit. :D

But the notes fall flat. Sefria blinks, then pulls out a quill and scribbles in the book. "Perhaps Yuri's full title in the invocation..."

Lost Demiurge
2010-06-06, 08:30 PM
Suddenly, Sefria feels a voice in her mind... It is not done YET.

She snaps her gaze up, away from the book, and speaks once more. "Yuri the Hunter, master of hounds and bane of the woods, PLEASE let the prey in front of you hear and fear your mighty call."

Reroll granted by divine guidance on one of the kobolds! And he was cursed, too... Forgot that, it'll affect damage.

[roll0] vs. fortitude to hit,
[roll1] + [roll2] + [roll3] + [roll4] +3 damage.

So yeah, 16 damage does NOT suck. Oh, if he drops from this one ally adjacent to me gains King Elidyr's boon, +2 to all defenses until the end of his next turn. Only one ally adjacent to me, so it goes to the can o' dragonborn. :)

She scrawls in the book, tail twitching and eyes alight with glee. "Yes! Full title worked perfectly!"

ungulateman
2010-06-07, 01:06 AM
As Cot slips past the dragonshield's clashing blades, he falls into their trap - they slip around him in his haste and flank him!

OK, let's assume that by east you mean right. The kobolds use Dragonshield Tactics as their immediate reaction, shifting one square.

Peren's mighty blow against the defenceless dragonshield lets the one he left move more freely, shifting northeast away from Zergeth. It spits "Great Mother will defend me from you, slave of the Moon Mistress!"

Sefria has evidently lost focus on the battle, as she achieves nothing with her magic - the closest target had moved out of the way of her trumpeting thunder, and the other was simply not affected by the rumbling reverberations.
http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad65/ungulateman/BarracksEncounter-4.png?t=1275890661
My initiative now, but I've already uploaded this image. :smallredface: I'll post again in a little while.

ungulateman
2010-06-07, 05:06 AM
Alright, sorry about the double post and everything. Forgot it was my initiative and hosted the above picture, so I posted anyway.
While badly affected by Thanald's arcane assault, the dazed kobold still labours to defend its allies by threatening the eladrin.
Move: North, north, and north-east.
The kobold bound by Peren resigns itself to fight him in single combat, and moves to attack him.
Move north.
[roll0] vs AC
[roll1] damage, and marked on a hit.
The kobolds flanking Cot grin evily as they close in for the kill. "We can only pray? All we need, man-thing!"
[roll2] vs AC (flanking and mob attack)
[roll3] damage, and marked on a hit.
[roll4] vs AC (flanking and mob attack)
[roll5] damage, and marked on a hit.
http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad65/ungulateman/BarracksEncounter-5.png?t=1275905157

Sekhyu
2010-06-07, 05:25 AM
Cot takes one hit, but barely manages to deflect the other attack with his shield. He retaliates quickly with a thrust the kobold that struck him.
"This'll make things more fair for you two, though, you should be more wary of more worthy opponents."

So long as the unarmored ones aren't in danger...

Cot glances very briefly at Zergeth. "Big opening for you here, big guy."

Using my encounter, Vengeance is Mine, an immediate reaction on the kobold that hit him, which I'm assuming is the one to the left. Cot gets an MBA and an ally can move his or her speed and also make a MBA against the same kobold, in this case I would hope the ally is Zergeth.

Melee Basic Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]

ILOVEKAREN
2010-06-07, 09:59 AM
"I'm on it." the paladin replies, slipping over to flank the kobold on Cot's left and striking. "I just hope the spellslingers can polish off the wounded one.". Then, gathering himself, he shouts "Bahamut!" and tries to drive that one out of position.

As part of Cot's reaction: Move SW, SW to flank. [roll0] v. AC, [roll1] dmg if I hit.

My turn - Minor Action - Divine Strength (+4 damage on next attack).
Standard Action - Divine Pursuit [roll2] v. AC, [roll3] dmg if I hit, driving him NE, then E and moving to follow him.
Minor Action (substituted for move) Divine challenge on Kobold I hit.

Ron2112
2010-06-07, 02:32 PM
In the hopes of finishing off the Kobold that has engaged him, Thanald extends his arm, and lets fly a silvery bolt of force.

Attack: Magic Missile at the same kobold I attacked last turn (the dazed one).

[roll0]
[roll1]

Kaiser Omnik
2010-06-07, 02:45 PM
Peren responds to the kobold's attack with a quick strike of his own.

Standard: Bond of Pursuit on adjacent kobold
Take highest between
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
Move: Then shift 1 square NE

ungulateman
2010-06-08, 12:56 AM
Cot's expert counterattack leaves the dragonshield open for a punishing blow from Zergeth. He calls upon the Platinum Dragon to smite this pest, and it slides to the ground in two pieces, wimpering: "Why, Great Mother? What have I done?"

Thanald is clearly stressed out over the aproaching dragonshield, and his missile goes wild, lightly scorching the ceiling. The dragonshield shortly shakes off his stupor, and it begins to approach.

Peren delivers a powerful blow to his chosen opponent, then slips back to draw it further away.
http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad65/ungulateman/BarracksEncounter-6.png?t=1275976573

Lost Demiurge
2010-06-08, 06:40 AM
Sefria nods, then steps down next to Zergeth. With another gesture, an arcane blast echoes toward the westmost kobold.

Eldritch blast at the bloodied kobold.

[roll0]

If she hits, Damage is [roll1] plus [roll2]

If the kobold drops, Zergeth gets +2 to all defenses for a turn.

Sekhyu
2010-06-08, 12:10 PM
Cot pretends to step back then suddenly lashes very carefully with his longsword at his only target, "Looks like the loss of your partner has had a damper in spirits, you enjoy fighting a lost battle or is your great mother great at miracles?"

Standard: Intuitive Strike: [roll0] vs Will
Damage: [roll1] if it hits, if anyone has CA from flanking this target, they gain a +4 bonus total instead of a +2 bonus from CA

I don't think anyone is hurt very badly so no healing yet..

ungulateman
2010-06-09, 01:18 AM
Sefria's blast fells the already badly hurt kobold, and it collapses in a heap at Thanald's feet.

Cot's strike slams into the dragonshield, and it takes on a worried expression.

"Great Mother...? Are you there? Please don't leave me, Great Mother..."
http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad65/ungulateman/BarracksEncounter-7.png?t=1276064315

ILOVEKAREN
2010-06-09, 01:53 AM
"Silly Mother-lover", Zergeth taps his holy symbol, "You should know - 'Father knows best.'"

Ron2112
2010-06-09, 05:38 AM
"My thanks," Thanald calls to Sefria, as he targets another Kobold and lets fly with another bolt of force.

Attack: Magic Missile at the Kobold towards the middle of the room.

[roll0]
[roll1]

ungulateman
2010-06-10, 05:24 AM
Sort-of bump. My initiative count puts either Peren or Zergeth acting now, so could we please get this going? Thanald, I'll make your action take place when your initiative rolls around.

Kaiser Omnik
2010-06-10, 11:08 AM
OOC: No it's definitely the kobolds' turn.

ungulateman
2010-06-10, 10:33 PM
Cot just went, that makes it your initiative. It's you, then Sefria, then the kobolds.

EDIT: Oh, Cot delayed his turn. Alright, I'll post when I get home.

ungulateman
2010-06-11, 01:21 AM
After being briefly confused by Cot's inaction, the dragonshields resume their defense. The kobold adjacent to Cot strikes out, hoping to pierce his armor. "You wear the scales, but you do not see the truth! You, and your clumsy friend, too!"
[roll0] vs AC
[roll1] damage, and it marks you.

The kobold facing Peren slips into range, and unleashes a flurry of wide strokes towards the elf's head.
Shift adjacent.
[roll2] vs AC
[roll3] damage, and it marks you.
http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad65/ungulateman/BarracksEncounter-8.png?t=1276237263

ILOVEKAREN
2010-06-11, 02:50 AM
Zergeth moves around Cot and his opponent, attempting it to pin the kobold between himself and the human, before launching another strike.

taking the risk of an opportunity attack to move to flank (AC is 22 due to Sefria), then using Challenging Strike against the kobold. Flanking it gives me a +4 to hit due to Cot's Intuitive Strike.

[roll0], [roll1] damage if I hit.
Also, Since I Challenged that kobold last turn, it should have taken a -2 to hit and 6 radiant damage when it attacked Cot.

Ron2112
2010-06-11, 08:25 AM
(OOC: Looks like it's my turn now. Can we just apply the Magic Missile attack from a few posts up (#110) to this turn?)

ungulateman
2010-06-11, 09:53 AM
The dragonshield lashes out at Zergeth as he approaches. "Back! Stay away from me, pretender!"
[roll0] vs AC
[roll1] damage, and marked.
Nonetheless, Zergeth strikes true and the kobold is visibly weary from its punishments.

Thanald's arcane missile leaves spidery cracks across the kobold's shield. You can see that the dragonshield is clearly wounded, and it puts extreme effort into merely keeping up with Peren's blows.
http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad65/ungulateman/BarracksEncounter-9.png?t=1276268184

Kaiser Omnik
2010-06-11, 11:11 AM
Peren looks at the kobold before him with pity.

"There is no other way."

Choose highest between:
[roll0] vs AC
[roll1] vs AC
[roll2] Actually 16, I messed up, see reroll in OOC thread

Lost Demiurge
2010-06-11, 12:55 PM
"Okay, one more good shot..."

Sefria hurls another bolt of energy, taking a second to give the kobold near Cot the evil eye.

Cursing the kobold to Sefria's East. Hurling an eldritch blast at either the wounded kobold, or if Peren's dropped him, the easternmost kobold.

[roll0] to hit. Subtract one if the Easternmost kobold is the target.

Damage is... [roll1] plus [roll2]

ungulateman
2010-06-11, 07:40 PM
With impeccable style, Peren and Sefria both kill their opponent at the same time, and the bodies make a satisfying crunch when they hit the ground.

Having searched the room, the only useful treasure available is the huge sword in the middle. It looks to be of elven, possibly eladrin make, finely balanced and etched with elven text that reads "Banshee".

When Peren touches it, a little cord of fear runs down his spine. Clearly, such a weapon was an object of awe to the kobolds, and thus all the better to strike them down with it!
Your reward for this encounter comes to 500 XP and a +1 terror fullblade by the name of Banshee. That brings everyone up to 200 XP, since I want to keep everyone equal here.

Kaiser Omnik
2010-06-11, 07:49 PM
Peren walks to the enchanted sword, kneels beside it and utters a quick prayer to Sehanine. He then grabs exchanges his blade for the black fullblade. His eyes are gleaming.

"Banshee...legacy of my ancestors. Your magic is once again needed." He turns towards his companions. "It is we, who will strike fear in the heart of the dragon, and not the opposite."

ILOVEKAREN
2010-06-11, 08:14 PM
Zergeth laughs, "Then let's be at our work". He looks around for another exit.

ungulateman
2010-06-11, 11:36 PM
At the back of the room, you see a passageway leading off to the right. It's quite dark, with no close light sources.
Until I say otherwise, we are now fighting in low-light vision.

Kaiser Omnik
2010-06-11, 11:48 PM
Peren lights his sunrod, but lets the dragonborn lead the way.

ILOVEKAREN
2010-06-12, 12:15 AM
Zergeth leads the way.

ungulateman
2010-06-12, 01:28 AM
As Zergeth leads the party around the corner, a projectile whistles past his head - four kobolds armed with slings stand on the far end of the corridor, taunting the group!
"You go no further! You shall fall here!"
Initiative yaaaay:
[roll0]
http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad65/ungulateman/CorridorEncounter.png?t=1276323772

ILOVEKAREN
2010-06-12, 08:28 AM
[roll0] init"You shall fall here. What are the odds there's a pit somewhere between us?" Zergeth muses.

Ron2112
2010-06-12, 09:45 AM
Thanald catches his breath after the last Kobold falls. He has a moment of pause as Peren grabs the blade without exercising a moment of caution, but thinks to himself, What's done is done, I suppose.

As the party makes its way down the hall, he too utters a cantrip to light the end of his staff. As the party catches sight of the Kobolds, he steels himself for another fight.

Wow....fast posting rate here! Will be sure to check in more than once a day.

Assuming we had time back in the last room to perform a healing surge after the fight. Would have liked to inspect the blade a bit closer, but that can wait until after this fight.

[roll0]

Lost Demiurge
2010-06-13, 11:05 AM
As the last kobold falls, Sefria heaves a sigh of relief. "Okay, that went a lot easier than last time." She nods in approval at Peren's new sword, and follows the team back into the caves...

As the new kobolds heave into sight, she stops. "Okay. This is gonna take some timing. Let's not just charge heedlessly." She claps Peren and Zergeth on the shoulder. "YOU guys can charge heedlessly. Sound good?" She asks Cot.

Initiative is...
[roll0]

Sekhyu
2010-06-13, 05:42 PM
Cot shakes his head,"No, this kind of setup is too good to be true, it bugs me."

Cot takes a few steps forward, readies an arm to direct and attack also glancing quickly at Zergeth,"Move forward cautiously Zergeth, an old colleague of mine always told me that kobolds love their traps."

On initiative: Battlefront Shift on Zergeth
Move action: Move forward 3 squares.
Standard Action: Readying Direct the Strike on the Thanald for when he gets within 10 squares of a kobold, otherwise it won't work.
Also, a perception check if I can. [roll0]

Kaiser Omnik
2010-06-13, 05:57 PM
Peren is eager to try his new shiny toy, but he is not stupid. He moves closer and looks for traps from afar. He then recites a quick prayer to Sehahine and gives a taste of the Goddess' vengeance to one of the kobolds.

[roll0]
Move: Move in range (10 squares of the closest kobold), unless something stops me...like, say, a hole in the floor :smalltongue:
Standard: Radiant Vengeance on SE kobold
[roll1] vs Reflex
[roll2] radiant damage, and I gain 4 temp hp if I hit

Lost Demiurge
2010-06-13, 05:58 PM
"Oh, right! I forgot." Says Sefria, lowering her gaze. She squints at the corridor, looking for traps...

Thievery check says...
[roll0]

ungulateman
2010-06-14, 02:41 AM
In the largest anti-climax since Tiamat beat an aspiring sorceror who seeked to overthrow her to a pulp, the floor collapses in front of the kobolds before the party can even move.

"...

...That was unexpected."

Regardless, Peren's attack slams into one of the slingers, and soothing shadows bleed from his holy symbol.
http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad65/ungulateman/CorridorEncounter-1.png?t=1276501261

Ron2112
2010-06-14, 08:08 AM
Thanald fey steps away from his current blocked position to a better vantage point from which to strike. Following Cot's direction he quickly launches a bolt of force at the front kobold, then follows this up by concentrating and summoning forth another ray of chilling energy at the other front kobold.

Move: Using Fey Step to move to one square to the front and right of Cot.

Free Action: Magic Missile at the front right kobold.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Standard Action: Chill Strike at the front left kobold.
[roll2]
[roll3] and target is dazed if I hit.

ILOVEKAREN
2010-06-14, 08:47 AM
Zergeth nods, "That makes it easier." He steps up, dropping his shield and measuring the distance, then launches himself across the pit, "Bahamut!"

Move action - Move 2 squares in front of and to Cot's right, lining up with wounded kobold. Free action-drop shield (for a better athletics check).
Standard Action - Charge, jumping as part of my move. [roll0] 10+ means I cross the gap.

If I make it across the gap, attack with Ardent Strike (may be used in place of basic melee with charge) [roll1], [roll2] dmg if I hit.

Lost Demiurge
2010-06-14, 09:15 AM
"Well! This looks like a job for my favorite monarch!"

Sefria moves up next to Cot... Getting ready to move out of the way for anyone who wishes to pass her. "King Elidyr, please smite these kobolds once more!" Her eyes glow with brilliant bluish light...

Sefria will move to the square just east of Cot, curse at the lower-rightmost kobold, then Eyes of the Vestige at him.
[roll0] vs. will. If it hits,
[roll1] psychic damage to him, and forgo the curse damage to bounce another curse onto the kobold behind him.

ungulateman
2010-06-14, 10:07 PM
Thanald's magic missile goes careening off into the darkness, but he recovers from his sudden movement and launches a dizzying strike which leaves one slinger all but helpless.

Zergeth bounds across the pit and slams into the nearest kobold, leaving it nearly dead.

The kobolds, obviously unnerved by Zergeth's sheer size, concentrate their attacks on him.
Alright, special shot time. The slingers out of your range are going to use stinkpot, which gives you a -2 penalty to attack rolls (save ends) on a hit.
[roll0] vs AC
[roll1] damage
[roll2] vs AC
[roll3] damage
The adjacent one is dazed, so it's going to risk an OA to move two squares up.
The other adjacent one is going to move up three squares to stay out of Sefria's range. Sefria will hit the one in front of Zergeth instead.
Sefria briefly loses focus and hits the other kobold instead of the one which ran off. King Elidyr's spirit is thrown off, and can't exert extra force on the new target.
http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad65/ungulateman/CorridorEncounter-2.png?t=1276571250

Sekhyu
2010-06-15, 01:19 AM
Cot takes a couple of steps forward, "Don't ease up yet! Neither luck or their God are with them! Put those sorry suckers out of their misery, quick!" Cot waves arms at both of the wounded kobolds.

Move Action: Move 2 more squares upward.
Standard Action: Using Direct the Strike on Sefria to attack the sanctioned bloodied kobold, assuming it survives Zergeth's opportunity attack, otherwise, Thanald gets the Direct the Strike on the other bloodied Kobold.

ILOVEKAREN
2010-06-15, 05:53 AM
Zergeth laughs over his shoulder, "You were right, Sefria, a heedless charge was just the thing!" He reaches out with a two-handed grip on his longsword as the kobold tries to back away. "No you don't."

OA [roll0], [roll1] dmg if I hit.

(btw, my first attack was a crit, so it did 13 damage, and the creature is subject to my divine sanction - not that I think he's going to be attacking anyone else)

Lost Demiurge
2010-06-15, 09:44 AM
"Of course!" Shouts Sefria, to Cot's request as she slams another bolt of energy into the cringing kobold...

NOTE: Edited here. Originally used Eyes of the Vestige, but it turns out that Cot's thing only gives basic attacks. So I've rewritten everything to be reworded into an eldritch blast. If you like I'll reroll everything, but if you don't mind then I don't have a problem keeping the numbers as they are.

Eldritch blast on the one that Zergeth mauled.
[roll0] vs. reflex. If it hits,
[roll1]damage, and if that drops it, then Peren will get +2 to all defenses until the end of my next turn.

Kaiser Omnik
2010-06-15, 11:31 AM
Peren runs to the edge of the pit and once again unleashes his goddess' vengeance on the bloodied kobold.

Move: To the pit
Standard: Radiant Vengeance on either bloodied kobold (or the one that's still alive, if Zegreth killed the other wth its OA)
[roll0] vs Reflex 16 vs Reflex (see Elven Accuracy reroll, OOC thread)
[roll1] radiant

Ron2112
2010-06-16, 05:32 AM
With Zergeth all but dispatching the Kobold he had previously struck with the Ray of Frost, Thanald concentrates his efforts on the other Kobold in the front rank.

Attack: Magic Missile on the front left Kobold.

[roll0]
[roll1]

ungulateman
2010-06-18, 05:32 AM
Zergeth's reaction can't quite fell the kobold, but it's nearing death quickly. However, Sefria's eldritch blast rips it to pieces, and charred kobold litters the ground, terrifying the nearby slingers.

Peren unleashes holy power upon the other badly hurt slinger, who collapses with scorched eyes and misty shadows pouring from its mouth.

Thanald's bad luck continues, and his shot flies off into the darkness yet again.

The two remaining slingers look to each other, at Zergeth, and flee for all they've got, hoping to outpace the dragonborn.
They'll move to the end of the corridor and shoot at Zergeth with their stinkshot again.
[roll0] vs AC
[roll1] damage, and -2 to attack rolls (save ends).
[roll2] vs AC
[roll3] damage, and -2 to attack rolls (save ends).
http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad65/ungulateman/CorridorEncounter-3.png?t=1276857142

Lost Demiurge
2010-06-18, 09:43 AM
Sefria gives chase, and stops just behind Peren.

"Oh no you don't! Eat crackling arcane death!"

Curse and Eldritch Blast on the rightmost one.
[roll0] versus reflex.
If it hits, [roll1] plus [roll2] damage.

Kaiser Omnik
2010-06-18, 10:24 AM
"Sefria, I'm on it!"

Peren jumped to the other side of the hole and sped towards the helpless kobolds with his blade drawn.

Minor: OoE on left kobold
Move: Jump [roll0]
Shift 5 before the attack, which should be more than enough to reach the kobolds (I move just south of the kobold on the left)
[roll1] vs AC
[roll2]

ILOVEKAREN
2010-06-18, 10:24 AM
Zergeth charges in pursuit, pausing only long enough to spit a bolt of lightning at the annoying creatures before descending upon them with a series of 2-handed blows, attempting to drive them apart.

Move 3 north,
minor action Dragonbreath [roll0], [roll1] v. Reflex, [roll2] dmg.
standard action charge w/Ardent strike on left kobold. [roll3] v. AC, [roll4] dmg.
Spend action point, use Divine Pursuit on left kobold, [roll5] v. AC, [roll6] dmg, and if I hit, push him SE and move into his spot.

Ron2112
2010-06-18, 11:11 AM
Thanald likewise tries to get off a parting shot and, not discouraged by his past failures, hurls yet another bolt of force at the Kobolds.

Trying another Magic Missile at the front left Kobold.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Moving up closer to the edge of the pit, assuming that we're going to have to try to get accross.

ungulateman
2010-06-18, 06:30 PM
Sefria's eldritch blast sends the slinger diving down, only to be lifted up again by King Elidyr and slammed into the wall.

Zergeth's incredible charge obliterates the kobolds where they stand, slicing them into pieces of sparking cloth and flesh, while Thanald's magic missile pinpoints the one still barely alive, picking it off as like a sharpshooter hunts waterfowl.

Peren's heroic jump lands him flat on his face in the pit.
"At least I'm embraced by the darkness..."
[roll0] damage

And that's this encounter neatly parcel-wrapped. 400 XP, 500 when you get over the pit. (Not that I'm counting that precisely anyway, you'll level up by the end of the dungeon.)

Kaiser Omnik
2010-06-18, 07:09 PM
It only seemed like Peren was going to hit his face on the ground, but he maneuvered swiftly so that he fell on his feet.

[roll0]

The elf climbs back up and looks at his comrades while removing dust from his midnight cloak.

"I'm fine."

ILOVEKAREN
2010-06-18, 07:47 PM
"Could someone toss my shield across before they cross the pit?" Zergeth asks.

Lost Demiurge
2010-06-18, 09:33 PM
Sefria obliges, tossing the shield across to the other side carefully. Then she takes her time, hangs by her hands and drops to the bottom of the pit, then climbs up the other side.

I'm guessing I don't have to roll if I take 10 on it? Or that if "10" isn't enough, that we can help each other cross over?

ungulateman
2010-06-18, 10:52 PM
The group work their way down into the pit and up over the other side.

Being outside of combat, you can take 10 on the checks to get in and out, so you don't need to roll.

Two corridors lead in either direction up ahead.

ILOVEKAREN
2010-06-18, 11:10 PM
"Everyone OK with heading to the right?" the dragonborn suggests.

Sekhyu
2010-06-18, 11:43 PM
"I've no complaints." Cot says, his mind seems to be on something else while looking over his blade.

Spending a healing surge, took a little damage from the first battle, but I might as well be in tip top shape.

ungulateman
2010-06-19, 12:37 AM
As you round the corner, you enter a cramped room full of cages and pits in the ground. As you look around, you notice that all the cages and pits are filled with reptiles and similar creatures.

As you walk through, you see shadows flitting past, and after a moment's pause, a stream of acid flies over your heads!

Initiatives:
[roll0] for spiretop drakes
[roll1] for spitting drakes
http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad65/ungulateman/DrakeFarm.png?t=1276925812

Ron2112
2010-06-19, 08:42 AM
Thanlad takes his time making his way down the pit and back up the other side. As the group enters the room with the drakes, he sighs, "Ah....wonderful," and prepares for the next round of combat.

[roll0]

Lost Demiurge
2010-06-19, 11:06 AM
"Uh-oh..." Says Sefria, ducking for cover.

Initiative is... [roll0]

ILOVEKAREN
2010-06-19, 11:28 AM
"More scalykind." Zergeth notes. "At least I fit in."
[roll0] init

ILOVEKAREN
2010-06-19, 02:58 PM
Zergeth shifts forward to take the brunt of the drake's initial assault.Not sure exactly where we all start, but move me forward 2 squares, using Cot's Shift the Battlefield.

ungulateman
2010-06-19, 09:26 PM
Um, sorry about not showing where you were. I'll just put you in reasonably sensible spots, OK?
Zergeth slips up the battlefield, approaching the spitters and trying to draw their attention.

The drakes mistake Zergeth for an ally, and choose to target the inturders behind him. Caustic saliva sprays through the air, striking Cot and Peren.
[roll0] vs Reflex
[roll1] acid damage - against Cot
[roll2] vs Reflex
[roll3] acid damage - against Peren

The spiretop drakes swoop towards Zergeth, harassing him and flitting out of his reach again.
Flyby attacks now. They move 8 squares, make an MBA at any time in this movement, and don't trigger opportunity attacks when moving away from the target (I'm fairly sure you won't get to make any OAs here).[roll4] vs AC
[roll5] damage
[roll6] vs AC (you have cover, it's around a corner)
[roll7] damage
http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad65/ungulateman/DrakeFarm-1.png?t=1277000789

ILOVEKAREN
2010-06-19, 09:53 PM
Zergeth rushes forward to engage the spitting drakes, responding with a blast of lightning and a swordblow as he reaches them.

Move 5 to get adjacent to 2 spitting drakes
Minor action dragonbreath [roll0], [roll1] v. Reflex [roll2], lightning damage if I hit.

Standard Action Ardent Strike [roll3] v. AC, [roll4] dmg and divine sanction if I hit.

Ron2112
2010-06-20, 10:20 AM
Cursing the cramped quaters again, Thanald winks out of existance for a moment. He reappears next to one of the drakes, and lobs a bolt of force at the creature.

Move: Fey Step to the square one below and one right of the rightmost green drake.

Attack: Magic Missile at the drake I'm now next to.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Edit: Yeesh.......

Kaiser Omnik
2010-06-20, 12:11 PM
Peren decides to go help the eladrin take down one spiretop drake.

Minor: OoE on rightmost spiretop drake
Move: Move to the square southwest of the drake
Take highest between:
[roll0] vs AC
[roll1] vs AC

[roll2]

Lost Demiurge
2010-06-20, 01:11 PM
Sefria slinks forward, just behind Zergeth, and glances right. Hard to hit that Drake with the cover he's got, and he's got two on him... On the other hand, these two up here are close together...
She moves up behind Zergeth and glares at the two spitting drakes. "King Elidyr! Hail to your name, and show them your pain!"

Curse and Eyes of the Vestige on the rightmost drake. Forgoing curse damage to splash the curse over to the leftmost one if this hits.
[roll0] vs. will
[roll1] if it hits.

Lost Demiurge
2010-06-20, 01:14 PM
(OOC: Action point!)

Evidently, the king hates drakes! As she feels joy from her channeled "friend", she grins as one of the drakes' eyes light up with scorching light, as blood drips from its eyes and it cries in pain.

She smiles, and flips her book open, lobbing arcane energy toward it with an underhand throw.
Once more, with feeling! Eldritch blast on the right one...
[roll0] vs. reflex
[roll1]plus [roll2]

Her mouth thins. Well, if I'd called upon him again he would've probably done the job... Damn, got cocky.

Sekhyu
2010-06-20, 03:18 PM
Cot tries to defend against the acid but only manages to let it splash all over his arm, in frustration he almost charges recklessly at those drakes but realizes it would be better to leave that to the mighty dragonborn for now...

"Peren, can you hit that thing extra hard for me too? If this room weren't so crowded I'd happily assist you, but instead..."

While speaking, Cot rushes to the unoccupied Spiretop Drake, charging.

Move: Move up 2 squares
Standard: Direct the Strike on Peren, I don't know if you're an avenger that can use an at-will as an MBA, but with the two dice rolls you should be fine?
Action Point: Standard: Charge the other spiretop drake.

Attack roll:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Kaiser Omnik
2010-06-20, 04:19 PM
Peren grins and delivers a quick strike to the drake at Cot's command.

Direct the Strike attack
Take highest between:
[roll0] vs AC
[roll1] vs AC

[roll2]

ungulateman
2010-06-21, 01:22 AM
Zergeth's charging burst of breath swirls around the drakes, leaving them unscathed. His sword, however, leaves one of them quite badly scathed, and it turns to snap at him.

Thanald's teleportation has thrown his aim off again, and his shot pings off the walls before exploding into sparkles. Peren has better luck, and his sword makes a satisfying crunch as it breaks the beast's left wing.

Cot throws himself into the combat, and Peren takes his command, striking yet again. Cot's charge misses as the drake slips around to shield its broken wing, but Peren's strike leaves it mewling in pain.

The spiretop drake scrapes at Peren and then flies for all it's got, hoping to outpace its pursuers.
Another flyby attack. It's hovering over a pit, by the way.
[roll0] vs AC
[roll1] damage
The other drake is more confident, and snaps at Cot.
[roll2] vs AC
[roll3] damage
The spitting drakes are now aware of Zergeth's threat, and turn to him with baleful eyes. One shuffles out of Zergeth's reach while the other reaches to bite at the dragonborn.
The adjacent one's biting you, the other's shifting away and using its spit on you.
[roll4] vs AC
[roll5] damage
[roll6] vs AC
[roll7] acid damage
http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad65/ungulateman/DrakeFarm-2.png?t=1277101324

ILOVEKAREN
2010-06-21, 01:44 AM
Zergeth catches one drake's teeth with his shield, the other drake's spittle failing to penetrate his plate mail. Having caught their attention, he turns his attention to bloodied drake that approached him.

Move: shift to right one to attack bloodied spiretop drake.
Standard action, ardent strike on spiretop v. AC, [roll1] damage and affected by divine sanction.

Then he turns his attention to the spitting drake that tried to bite him, attempting to drive that drake back towards its mate.

Minor Action - Divine Strength. Action point - Divine Pursuit [roll]1d20+7 v. Fort. If I hit 2d8+8 damage and I push the drake 2 spaces left and shift 2 spaces left to end adjacent to him.

Kaiser Omnik
2010-06-21, 08:25 AM
Peren pursues his opponent endlessly. He then turns to one of the beasts harassing his dragonborn companion.

Free action: Shift 5 just south of the bloodied drake (thanks to Bond of Pursuit)
[roll=Attack]1d20+8[roll] vs AC
[roll=Attack]1d20+8[roll] vs AC

[roll0] +6 (Censure of Pursuit)

Action point: Angelic Alacrity
Shift just easth of the nearest spitting drake
[roll1] vs AC

For corrections, see OOC (yeah I messed up rolls again)

Ron2112
2010-06-21, 09:53 AM
Having fully shaken off the effects of his Fey Step, Thanald targets the hurt drake and lets fly another bolt of force.

Attack: Magic Missile at the drake at the top right.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Sekhyu
2010-06-21, 05:16 PM
Cot leans away to dodge the the drake's attack, and returns with a swing of his own, taking a step backward.

Standard Action:
MBA: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Move: Shift to the Right

Lost Demiurge
2010-06-21, 08:41 PM
Sefria runs forward, takes a sharp turn, and skids to the right. As she goes, she grabs a ball of arcane energy out of her journal, and chucks it at the drake to the north... Along with a flavorful curse.

Move: Three up, and three right.
Free or minor, I've forgotten... Curse the bloodied drake to the north.
Standard: Eldritch Blast [roll0] vs reflex, damage is [roll1] plus [roll2]

Kaiser Omnik
2010-06-21, 08:52 PM
Using my Divine Guidance to allow Sefria a reroll

Lost Demiurge
2010-06-21, 08:56 PM
Hey, thanks! Reroll is...
[roll0]

>.< Well, it's progress...

ungulateman
2010-06-22, 12:55 AM
Zergeth's blow severs the spiretop's head, and it collapses with wings slack. His push failed to shunt the spitting drake, though, and it looks angrier than ever.

Peren rushes after the spiretop, only to find Zergeth has slain it. Undeterred, he leaps with angelic grace towards the spitting drake, slamming his blade into it, leaving it battered and seething.

Thanald's bad luck continues, and his attack flies wide again. Cot barely misses the spiretop he's engaged with, slipping around the corner as he does so.

Sefria chases the spiretop, only to find it headless, leaving King Elidyr nothing to vent his anger upon.

The spiretop claws at Cot before flapping away, taunting him as if it wanted him to give chase.
Flyby attack.
[roll0] vs AC (you have cover)
[roll1] damage
One spitting drake hurls its burning phelgm at Zergeth once again, while the other snaps at Peren for striking it.
[roll2] vs Reflex
[roll3] acid damage
[roll4] vs AC
[roll5] damage
http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad65/ungulateman/DrakeFarm-3.png?t=1277186045

ILOVEKAREN
2010-06-22, 11:10 AM
Zergeth grimaces in pain as the drake's acid finds a gap in his armor, and the spittle from earlier trickles through the joints.
Earlier attack you had rolled a 16 for the spit, which would miss AC but hit reflex, so I figure I was hit earlier. Zergeth is now down to 7 HPs. .

He strikes desperately against the drake in front of him.

Challenging Strike [roll0] v. AC or Will, whichever is lower. [roll1] damage and target is marked.

Sekhyu
2010-06-22, 07:49 PM
Cot grunts as he lets his arm get clawed, but hears Zergeth cry out, he rushes to help his ally out shouting some reassuring words, "Hang in there big guy! Everyone's counting on you! Peren, show one of these drakes what that blade can do!"

Move Action: Left, Left, LeftUp, Up, UpRight

Minor Action: Inspiring Word on Zergeth, Spend a Surge and gain [roll0] additional hitpoints.

Standard Action, Readied Action: Direct the Strike on Peren... I'm not too sure whether or not Zergeth's attack will be enough to drop the drake he's on, but at the end of Peren's turn, I'll use Direct the Strike on Peren to grant him an additional attack, since I think by then he'll be adjacent to one drake or the other.

Edit: P.S. I am bloodied with 11/24 hit points.

Lost Demiurge
2010-06-22, 08:05 PM
Sefria moves up carefully, ending about 10 feet from Zergeth. Glancing left, she looks at the book, considers it, then sighs. The arcane blasts aren't accurate enough.

"King Elidyr, please show me your might once more..."

Moving up to 2 squares right of Zergeth. Curse my target and using Eyes of the Vestige on the rightmost drake, whichever one is the rightmost drake by the time you get to me.

[roll0] versus will to hit, and add +1 to that if it's bloodied at the time.

Damage is [roll1] psychic.

Ron2112
2010-06-23, 07:59 AM
Thanald rushes up the right side of the room, so as to gain a better vantage point from which to contribute to the fight. Sighting the drake that Zergeth has nearly finished off, he lets fly with another force bolt in the hopes oof finally killing the beast.

Move: 5 squares directly north. This should put me in sight of the drake next to Zergeth.

Attack: Assuming the drake is still alive, firing another Magic Missile at it. If it's not alive, ignore this action, as I don't think I can see the other drake yet.

[roll0]
[roll1]

ungulateman
2010-06-24, 12:55 AM
Zergeth strikes, demanding complete attention from his opponent. Thanald's bolt of force flies past the drake as it slips out of the way just in time.

Cot's inspiring words grant Zergeth new strength, and he waits to guide Peren for another brutal stroke. Sefria makes the best decision she could, calling King Elidyr out at the perfect moment to finish the drake off.
http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad65/ungulateman/DrakeFarm-4.png?t=1277358891

ungulateman
2010-06-28, 01:06 AM
Peren slips over to the other spitting drake and delivers a punishing blow. Cot calls out, and he strikes again at the drake's weaker underbelly.
NPC Peren: Move two squares to the left, then Bond of Pursuit the spitting drake. Direct the Strike from Cot on the same drake.

[roll0] vs AC
[roll1] damage
[roll2] vs AC
[roll3] damage
The spitting drake snaps at Peren angrily.
[roll4] vs AC
[roll5] damage
The spiretop swoops at Peren, snatching his holy symbol from around his neck and flying back to over the pit.
Another flyby attack, with extra stealing!
[roll6] vs Reflex
1 damage on a hit, and it snatches Peren's symbol.
http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad65/ungulateman/DrakeFarm-5.png?t=1277705204

Lost Demiurge
2010-06-28, 06:44 AM
A quick whispered plea to King Elidyr, and Sefria's eyes glow brightly as she looks at the rightmost drake...
Curse (If it doesn't have one already) and Eyes of the Vestige.
[roll0] vs. will, and [roll1] if it hits.

ILOVEKAREN
2010-06-28, 11:21 AM
Zergeth steps up and slashes at the nearest remaining drake.

If the spitting drake is still up, move adjacent and Challenging Strike against it; otherwise, against the other one.

[roll0] v. AC or Will, whichever is lower. [roll1] damage and target is marked if I hit.

If I hit the spitting drake, use divine challenge as minor action on remaining drake. If I miss, use it on spitting drake.

ungulateman
2010-06-29, 01:01 AM
The spitting drake's eyes flicker with King Elidyr's wrath, and it growls in pain. Zergeth draws its attention with his blade, and he blows a spiral of divine lightning towards the spiretop, challenging it with the will of the gods themselves.
http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad65/ungulateman/DrakeFarm-6.png?t=1277791247

Sekhyu
2010-06-29, 09:10 AM
Cot shrugs off the pain in his arm, taking a step forward... "Sefria, I'm sure you can blast that drake to bits, give it your best shot!"

I'll just stand here, trying not to look pathetic at all, stupid acid...

Cot slaps himself a bit, "Just a bit more..."

Move Action: Move one square North
Standard Action: Direct the Strike on Sefria
Minor Action: Inspiring Word on Cot: [roll0]+Surge

Lost Demiurge
2010-06-29, 10:07 AM
"Thank you, Cot!" Sefria grins, as her tail wags in pleasure. Not often she gots a compliment! Inspired, she hurls a ball of arcane energy toward the drake...

Going after the bloodied drake. [roll0] vs. Reflex, and [roll1] plus [roll2] damage if it hits.

The grin turns into a frown, then a sigh as the ball goes wide. Stupid nearsightedness... She takes off and mops her spectacles briefly.

Ron2112
2010-06-30, 09:38 PM
Thanald positions himself for a beeter shot at the drakes and lets fly with yet another force bolt.

Move: Two squares up and two left.

Attack: Yellow bloodied drake with a Magic Missile.

[roll0]
[roll1]