PDA

View Full Version : Galactus vs. Nyharlathotep

Abd al-Azrad
2006-06-28, 03:10 AM
Really an offshoot of the Cthulhu vs. Galactus debate, but I felt this one was a bit more fair. One is an entity of pure destruction, linked inexorably to the existence of the universe. The other is a master of deception and evil, manipulating mortals and gods alike, linked inexorably to the fate of the universe. Both appear directly related to balancing various cosmic principles to keep the universe in check.

So, if the two squared off, who would win?

Beleriphon
2006-06-28, 12:20 PM
Really an offshoot of the Cthulhu vs. Galactus debate, but I felt this one was a bit more fair. One is an entity of pure destruction, linked inexorably to the existence of the universe. The other is a master of deception and evil, manipulating mortals and gods alike, linked inexorably to the fate of the universe. Both appear directly related to balancing various cosmic principles to keep the universe in check.

So, if the two squared off, who would win?

So a being of Pure Destruction, who by all accounts will cause some cosmics scale goodness after such terrible destruction is going to fight a creature capable of tricking beings as powerful, or more so than Galactus? Um, I'm going with Nyarlathotep on this one in terms of actual using the powers.

In a stand up 20x20 (well 200x200 room) Galactus eats Nyarlathotop. Or he Reed Richards bargains for the safety of the planet and Galactus leaves.

Ing
2006-06-28, 12:51 PM
does Nyarlathotop even have a real body to eat?

Beleriphon
2006-06-28, 12:54 PM
does Nyarlathotop even have a real body to eat?

Given that Galactus doesn't actually eat things, he consumes the cosmic energy/life force of a planet and all things on it I suppose so.

Jarl
2006-06-29, 09:28 PM
That's true: Nyar is metaphysical, but energy based. G could siphon off him.

-For how long, I wonder?