PDA

View Full Version : help making a class

tooke
2010-05-13, 08:54 AM
Hi Im new here and not being sure where to post it I made a new tread...

Im looking to make a new class. Its to be a mixed of a sparten, swordsage, and a juggernaut.
20 levels
key abilites:str, con, wis

Weapons will be:

proficent with all polearms, simple and martial weapons

special (double weapon)
heavy spear: this is his main weapon...1 handed but capable of good damage...must be set aganst a charge and and a good crit rate.

other end: warhammerhigh dammage, lower crit rate

short sword: secondary weapon; more for looks
javlineX3;
heavy crossbow;

armour:

heavy armour; must have an ablity that allows him to use it as medium

and last but not least heavy shield; i have the shield he's gona us more or less made up....a tower shield that offers more ac...and gets bonues ac from ranged attacks

should have good fort and will saves but his ref is his down side.

class skills
bluff, concentration, intimidate, jump, sense motive, and survival, listen, spot
he will us his wis in place of cha when ever he uses intimidate or bluff.

i have found a few feats i like but i forgot to write them down so im gona try and find them and post back...

All of theese feats are borrowed from
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148550

I have edited many things more to my liking:)

Brace For Impact
The Juggernaut now adds his strength modifier to his armor class. This ability only functions when the Juggernaut is wearing heavy armor.

I’m the Juggernaut!!
This ability grants the Juggernaut a bonus on his intimidate rolls equal to one half of his character level.

Your Weapons Cannot Harm Me
The Juggernaut’s skin and flesh has begun to take on the quality of his armor, becoming resistant to damage. This power grants damage reduction 2/-, which increases by one for every three Juggernaut levels the Juggernaut attains beyond 9th.

You Must Not Know Who I Am
The Juggernaut may now craft custom armor. The process entails the Juggernaut designing the armor in his mind and forcing the armor he is wearing to take that shape. This process may only be done upon attaining this power, but it applies to every suit of armor the Juggernaut later dons. In addition to ascetic affects the Juggernaut may apply one of the following powers to the design. usable once a day, must where the armour for one week before being able to do so. if he removes the armour it reverts back to nomal after 1 day

+2 Enhancement to one ability
+15 Hit Points
+4 to damage
15 Spell Resistance
+2 to hit Heal 2xJuggernaut level 2/day

I Need This
The Juggernaut may tear boulders from the ground, regardless of the surface upon which he is standing. The boulder retrieved is medium sized for his size category. This is a full round action that provokes attacks of opportunity.
medium boulder = 4d6
large boulder = 4d12

I Need These Too
The Juggernaut may now tear a large boulder from the ground, or tear two medium boulders, and then throw them. This is a full round action that provokes attacks of opportunity.

No One Else Was Large Enough To Accommodate The Power
The Juggernaut grows one size category larger, with all the bonuses and penalties that are associated with this change. can change back and forth
3/day

thanx for the help

thanx
tooke

Altair_the_Vexed
2010-05-13, 09:15 AM
That's a very limited weapon set.
Are you intending that they get proficiencies with other weapons too, and they're super awesome with the spear and shield combination, or do you really want to give only those proficiencies?

The tower shield is very bulky and difficult to use. It'll slow your class right down.
What I think you're looking for is the effects of using a tower shield, but with only the drawbacks of the smaller shields.
You could make a class ability that lets them reduce the armour check penalty, and at higher levels, increase the AC against ranged attacks.

It seems to me that you've done most of the thinkning already - you just need to put it all inthe usual format.
Take a look at the Playground guide to homebrew (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10313), by some ace folk who know more than me.

Kroy
2010-05-13, 09:16 AM
First: Capitalize, spellcheck, and replace all the 2s with tos. This will make it legible.
Secondly: Check out: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10313

tooke
2010-05-13, 09:31 AM
thanx for the help and i will

tooke
2010-05-13, 09:53 AM
Ok so he will have proficencies with all simple and martial weapons.
He is just more adapt at using the spear and shield. I like the medium sheild idea. FYI This is the first time i have atempted to make a class.