PDA

View Full Version : Boobie power! or charisma bonus to bra size conversions

TheThan
2010-05-13, 12:30 PM
I hit upon the silly idea this morning that a (female humanoid) character’s charisma bonus is roughly equal to the size of her breasts. The more I thought about this ridiculous notion the more I realized this makes a certain amount of sense. Its particularly true when you consider fantasy (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117210) art (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148957). I understand that charisma is supposed to be more force of personality than comeliness, but many guys (not all of us mind you, but many of us), tend to notice women with big boobs more readily than women without big boobs. case in point (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9p8LXD5Uds)

So here is my charisma to cup size conversion chart. Keep in mind that this is done as a bit of fun and really isn’t meant to be serious or offensive at all. I’m keeping this as PG as possible for obvious reasons. Keep in mind this is also pretty basic, as I’m relying heavily on wikipedia for the brassier measurements (US measurements, so you might have to do some converting). Yes I realize that wikipedia is not the most accurate source of information, but it’ll work.

Charisma to cup size conversion
{table=head] Cha bonus| Cup size

+0|
AA

+1|
A

+2|
B

+3|
C

+4|
D

+5|
DD

+6|
F or DDD

+7|
G or DDDD

+8|
H

+9|
I

+10|
J

+11|
K

+12|
L

+13|
M

+14|
N [/table]

So that’s the quick and dirty (har har), chart. Notice I got down to +14, which is a charisma score of 38-39, which is pretty high up there. But if that’s not enough for some reason, then well you can either extrapolate further or just take into account the character’s force of personality. Anyway in making this chart I learned that there are cup sizes greater than G out there, I’m not sure whether to be amazed or disturbed by that notion.

I also notice that this matches up really well. notice that a character with a D cup has a charisma modifier of +4 (18-19). a charisma bonus of +4 gives you access to max level spells, which is a high enough score for most games.

pinwiz
2010-05-13, 12:31 PM
I've found this works just as well when applied to the male reproductive organ. :smallbiggrin:

Coplantor
2010-05-13, 12:32 PM
So, at wich point do they need a cart to carry thoe around?

Flickerdart
2010-05-13, 12:37 PM
I'd say that the bonus should become a penalty once the size of the breasts exceeds the size of the woman. They would also have a hefty penalty to any sort of acrobatic maneuvers.

Coplantor
2010-05-13, 12:39 PM
They would grant DR to all frontal attacks also, since those would put a fleshy barrier between the vital organs and the enemies... a sexy, fleshy barrier.

The Demented One
2010-05-13, 12:40 PM
Face. Palm. Meet each other.

Ravens_cry
2010-05-13, 12:42 PM
Like FATAL this is.
Such ways lead to the Dark Side of Gaming, young TheThan.
Not want that you do.

Coplantor
2010-05-13, 12:42 PM
Face. Palm. Meet each other.

Yes, I know. I actually had a DM who decided worked breast size this way for a femal player... I thought it was irritating.

But this has reached a point of sillyness no one thought of before, therefore, I will have fun with this thread a long as it lasts.

Nidogg
2010-05-13, 12:44 PM
Where would the centre of mass be? Unless she filled them with helium....

Ravens_cry
2010-05-13, 12:45 PM
http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/1658/doublefacepalm29192.jpg

TheThan
I did do this in sort of a silly and joking manner. I would never hold my players to this. So there’s no need to invoke FATAL here. It looks like Coplantor's got the right idea.

The Glyphstone
This has gotta be violating the forum rules in at least two or three places...

Ah well. *makes popcorn*.

(Personally, I'm agreeing that beyond a certain point, the 'bonuses' should instead be penalties).

Greenish
Where would the centre of mass be? Unless she filled them with helium....Cheap nonmagical flight!

Mongoose87
2010-05-13, 12:49 PM
Maybe you should make it more fractional, so that sorceresses don't need their familiar to go around with a wagon for them?

Also, what happens to women with charisma penalties?

pinwiz
2010-05-13, 12:50 PM
Maybe you should make it more fractional, so that sorceresses don't need their familiar to go around with a wagon for them?

Also, what happens to women with charisma penalties?

one word: concave :smallwink:

Partysan
2010-05-13, 12:50 PM
Still, if you are exceeding F it starts to look rather disgusting...

Of course, that again fits the "it's not beauty but force of personality" approach...

Telonius
2010-05-13, 12:51 PM
Hold on a second there. After about DDDD, it just starts getting silly, and only effective for a subset of fetishists. I'd suggest that after +7 you'd need to start going to multiple pairs for it to make sense.

(Yes, I am a sick, creepy man).

Coplantor
2010-05-13, 12:52 PM
If a boob is severed from the body the woman suffers charisma damage?

Divide by Zero
2010-05-13, 12:56 PM
Is there a similar correlation between anal circumference and Constitution?

Hal
2010-05-13, 12:58 PM
I'd say that the bonus should become a penalty once the size of the breasts exceeds the size of the woman. They would also have a hefty penalty to any sort of acrobatic maneuvers.

Or at least a penalty to Balance checks.

Coplantor
2010-05-13, 12:59 PM
Or at least a penalty to Balance checks.

That would certainly proove disastrous when encountered with a grease spell:smallamused:

Mongoose87
2010-05-13, 01:00 PM

I seem to recall it only being random, with a mod based on your race.

Androgeus
2010-05-13, 01:01 PM

Going down this path would be very fatal...

Panigg
2010-05-13, 01:04 PM
I just recently heard of a woman in peru that had size N. Her breasts where so big, she couldn't even get out of bed.

To clarify this, she had a condition where her breasts just kept growing. So no surgery or something.

So yeah. Making it about the size of the knockers doesn't really work too well. Not if you're serious. Works fine for fun tho. ^^

satorian
2010-05-13, 01:04 PM

Do you mean anal circumference or gluteal circumference? or hip measurement?

Coplantor
2010-05-13, 01:05 PM
Well, she could cast levitate on the boobs.

Akal Saris
2010-05-13, 01:08 PM

Heh...I wish I knew what episode this was...

kamikasei
2010-05-13, 01:11 PM
Heh...I wish I knew what episode this was...

Possibly The Drumhead.

I did do this in sort of a silly and joking manner. I would never hold my players to this.

The intent was clear, but it's such an old idea and the OP so straightforward that the humour of the delivery was vastly overshadowed by the utter fail associated with the idea.

WoodenSword
2010-05-13, 01:13 PM

OMG! I can't stop laughing

TheThan
2010-05-13, 01:20 PM
The intent was clear, but it's such an old idea and the OP so straightforward that the humour of the delivery was vastly overshadowed by the utter fail associated with the idea.

Well sorry I didn't make you laugh, I guess I can't please everyone. I'm a rather straight forward guy, my posts tend to reflect that i guess.

Kiren
2010-05-13, 01:30 PM
I believe their is a book you are looking for, google The Valar Project, you will find the books name in most of the entries. Yah, since the book is NSFW, I am not sure I can say the name.

Telonius
2010-05-13, 01:33 PM
Possibly The Drumhead.

This source (http://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100205102659AAkT72S) says the photo's been photoshopped.

Ormagoden
2010-05-13, 01:42 PM

Yes, this. Double this.

TheThan
2010-05-13, 01:43 PM
I believe their is a book you are looking for, google The Valar Project, you will find the books name in most of the entries. Yah, since the book is NSFW, I am not sure I can say the name.

You can say it, its usually abbreviated BoEF. I’ve actually read the thing. Its put together weirdly, the first half the book is very mature and well thought out. But the other half (the crunchy bits) reads like it was written by a bunch of college frat boys. Seriously, they have a magical peeping tom class. The vast majority of the mechanical stuff in the book is useless in a normal game or just not suited for one. So really if your using it, you’re probably using it with just your SO. Its also got a lot of (obviously) photoshoped pictures in it, which may not be to your liking (don’t think I found a single image that I liked). So the book is very hit and miss.

Well that’s my little review of the Book of Erotic Fantasy, now lets get back on topic!

EDIT

The chart works up to a point. Then things start to get a bit disgusting (outside of a few fetishes here and there, that is). So we need a way to keep things in perspective. I think I’ve come up with a solution.

For each cup size beyond G (or DDDD) (+7 mod), divide the character’s charisma bonus by 2 (rounding down as usual). This new number reflects the actual cub size of the character in question. Her force of personality makes up for the rest of her charisma bonus.

So if we go by this rule, then a succubus with charisma score of 26 (+8) has a D cup, and the rest is taken up by her sexy and seductress nature. (yes i realize a succubus is an outsider not a humanoid, so it shouldn’t even apply, it's just an example). I think this new theory is sound and should work for characters with huge charisma modifiers.

Realistically speaking, in most games, characters don’t get charisma scores higher than +6, so the chart as is should work just fine. But there is the occasion where someone gets a huge charisma bonus, in which case, this new rule will prevent her boobs from getting grotesquely huge.

Ravens_cry
2010-05-13, 02:02 PM
Yes, this. Double this.
As you wish.
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/6396/quadfacepalm.jpg

ScionoftheVoid
2010-05-13, 02:09 PM
Wait, so what happens when a woman reads a Tome of Leadership and Influence +5? Or puts on a Cloak of Cha +6?:smalleek:

I can't help but be horrified at the prospect of Epic items involved with this.

Edit: Raven's Cry, is that going in the D&De-motivators thread? It's about as on-topic as most things there.

Edit2:@Coplantor, nice Etemon avatar. Forgot to mention that earlier.

Divide by Zero
2010-05-13, 02:18 PM
As you wish.
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/6396/quadfacepalm.jpg

Fractal facepalm, anyone? I don't have the time to do it right now.

Zeta Kai
2010-05-13, 02:28 PM
Wait, so what happens when a woman reads a Tome of Leadership and Influence +5? Or puts on a Cloak of Cha +6?:smalleek:

Or any increase in Charisma, such as the gaining of levels. She gains a cup at 4th level? Two at 8th? Assuming that she putting her bonus points in Charisma each time, she could appear to be slowly swelling...

Also, look at Picard's left arm; that's grotesque.

TheThan
2010-05-13, 02:29 PM

I can't help but be horrified at the prospect of Epic items involved with this.

you know, I've been sort of wondering about that too. As far as I can figure, magic items don't affect it, consider it your natural charisma score. Items, spells and other such things that artificially enhance your charisma score doesn't fit into the chart, so things can remain more or less sane.

Also I love the quad facepalm. I'm probably the first on the forums to get one. but I don't know if I should be proud or ashamed by that.

Ditto
2010-05-13, 02:31 PM
For facepalm trivia: That pic is photoshopped. I believe the Picard facepalm picture is usually with him on the bridge. You can see the lighting on their skin and shadows on the table don't match up, and there's no way they'd put two facepalm motions onscreen side by side. :smalltongue:

ScionoftheVoid
2010-05-13, 02:35 PM
you know, I've been sort of wondering about that too. As far as I can figure, magic items don't affect it, consider it your natural charisma score. Items, spells and other such things that artificially enhance your charisma score doesn't fit into the chart, so things can remain more or less sane.

Also I love the quad facepalm. I'm probably the first on the forums to get one. but I don't know if I should be proud or ashamed by that.

First, level up bonuses add directly to your natural score (that's why it doesn't carry over when changing form), so just change my statement to Epic levels.

Second, as I always say: "if you can't decide, pick both".

TheThan
2010-05-13, 02:42 PM
First, level up bonuses add directly to your natural score (that's why it doesn't carry over when changing form), so just change my statement to Epic levels.

Second, as I always say: "if you can't decide, pick both".

I would call level up bonuses a naturalbonuses and would affect the chart. Assuming the bonus is enough to raise your charisma score (say going from 13 to 14). Also see the above about division of the character's cha score. granted that could very well be an optional rule if your so inclined that way.

Thajocoth
2010-05-13, 02:42 PM
It's probably better to go with Charisma Modifier than using the Charisma stat directly. Otherwise, you're not just going to ridiculous sizes on the high end, but having nice sizes while at a penalty.

So, a modified version:

Charisma to cup size conversion
{table=head] Cha mod| Cup size

-5-0|
Flat

+1|
AA

+2|
A

+3|
B

+4|
C

+5|
D

+6|
DD

+7|
F or DDD

+8|
G or DDDD

+9|
H

+10|
I [/table]

So getting to size D now requires 20 cha (+5 mod), not 4 (-3 mod).

randomhero00
2010-05-13, 02:43 PM
This is wrong, clearly incomplete. You need to also include the variables of age and BMI :smallbiggrin:

Roland St. Jude
2010-05-13, 02:45 PM
Sheriff: Locked for review.