PDA

View Full Version : List of deities

Panigg
2010-05-13, 12:46 PM
I'm currently preparing a somewhat unconventional char and it would be awesome, if I could get him a fitting god.

Is there a list of deities somewhere or does anyone know of something like this:

CG
Portfolio: god of life and death, shadow and light
Domains: Healing, destruction, chaos, good

I'll probably have to homebrew something, which isn't a big problem really, but it would be redundant to do that if one already existed.

hamishspence
2010-05-13, 12:57 PM
Taiia in Deities and demigods would have qualified - as a creator/destroyer deity, but she has two aspects, and you can only take domains from one.

Revering a pantheon as a whole seems like the only way to be able to choose from all those domains- Healing and Destruction especially seem mismatched (are they ever paired?)

Panigg
2010-05-13, 01:00 PM
Taiia in Deities and demigods would have qualified - as a creator/destroyer deity, but she has two aspects, and you can only take domains from one.

Revering a pantheon as a whole seems like the only way to be able to choose from all those domains- Healing and Destruction especially seem mismatched (are they ever paired?)

Nope. That is the problem. But it would really fit the char well.

Divide by Zero
2010-05-13, 01:08 PM
Seems like it would make a lot more sense as True Neutral, though. Some sort of nature deity.

hamishspence
2010-05-13, 01:10 PM
Taiia (homebrewed to allow for for someone to revere both aspects equally) seems like the best choice.

She's True Neutral- but people of any alignment can be clerics of her.

Panigg
2010-05-13, 01:37 PM
Actually that works perfectly.

My character is going to have a split personality anyway.

As far as I imagine this, he'll be a devotee of the creator aspect at day and a devotee of the destroyer aspect at night. This would, of course limit him to one or the other aspects of the deity at any particular time, but to me that sounds exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks!