PDA

View Full Version : Big problem with baldur's gate 1 install

Frog Dragon
2010-05-13, 02:10 PM
I had a bunch of mods in both of my baldur's gates (1, 2 and with expansions), but I had installed them wrong, making it so that I couldn't use all mods properly. I decided to get rid of all files and reinstall.
Now, I couldn't find the uninstall programs (in hindsight, they were on the disc, but I can't do anything about it now.) so I just blanket deleted the files containing Baldur's gates 1, 2 and their expansions.
Then I plopped in the baldur's gate 1 disc.
The autorun gave me no install option, instead displaying uninstall and play. I thought I could try it and attempted uninstall (even though I had deleted everything already).
I got this
"Unable to locate the installation log file 'C:Program Files\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate\Uninst.isu'. Uninstallation will not continue."
Essentially this means I can't install the game again. Any way I can salvage this?
Edit: I managed to trick the program by copying some files of the game from another computer (the Exe file and the Uninst.Isu)
I need to see if the same problem presents itself on the BGII

Domochevsky
2010-05-13, 04:21 PM
Delete the registry entry of the game or execute the setup.exe on the install CD instead of using the autorun options. :smallwink:

Frog Dragon
2010-05-14, 12:03 AM
Well, I managed with both baldur's gates already. The second game was removed via the Remove programs function and SoA is currently installing. BG and TotSC have already been succesfully installed. There should be no more problems.