PDA

View Full Version : For those wondering about Wonder Woman

Beleriphon
2006-06-25, 01:47 AM
So I recall a few people asking about Wonder Woman, and when she basically became Superman with Boobs. So I present the following link.

http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/wonder-woman1.htm

Kontonshin
2006-06-25, 02:21 AM
Wonder Woman dated Birdman?

[snickers]

Was this before or after he became a hack lawyer?

CelestialStick
2006-06-25, 02:26 AM
So I recall a few people asking about Wonder Woman, and when she basically became Superman with Boobs. So I present the following link.

http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/wonder-woman1.htm
You know, I already went through a lot of effort to answer this question on the thread where it was asked.

Beleriphon
2006-06-25, 02:33 AM
And yet somehow I completely missed that post Stick. Most humble apologies.

I felt it deserved its own thread given that the one where the question first appears had nothing to do with Wonder Woman. That and I found a shiny new link.

CelestialStick
2006-06-25, 02:47 AM
And yet somehow I completely missed that post Stick. Most humble apologies.

I felt it deserved its own thread given that the one where the question first appears had nothing to do with Wonder Woman. That and I found a shiny new link.

It was, incidentally, on the very thread where Taronniel asked when Wonder Woman became "Superman with boobs" that I answered the question.

Well I read through the ad-laden pages of that link, and saw that it didn't actually answer the question, whereas the Wikipedia link I referenced on the other thread did answer the question: Wonder Woman got her power to fly and her super-strength after the "reboot" in 1985.

Incidentally, the site you referenced did mention that Charimsa Carpenter is someone's leading choice to play Wonder Woman in the new movie. I saw her in three episodes of Charmed and was quite impressed. I think she would be more appropriate than Catherine Zeta Jones, Lucy Lawless, or any of the other actresses mentioned on the other thread.

Beleriphon
2006-06-25, 02:49 AM
Yeah, that's actually the sites internal poll for choosing Charisma Carpenter.. The site does offer the post-Crisis explanation, a few page in, they have series of links if you can find them.

As for the exact thread I seem to recall it talking about something else, but then again I have spaced about these things before.

Again sorry for posting something that was already answered CS. I've even read the whole Wikipedia article about Wonder Woman now that I think about it. Ah well, brains and 2:45 am don't mix.

CelestialStick
2006-06-25, 02:53 AM
Yeah, that's actually the sites internal poll for choosing Charisma Carpenter.. The site does offer the post-Crisis explanation, a few page in, they have series of links if you can find them.

As for the exact thread I seem to recall it talking about something else, but then again I have spaced about these things before.

Again sorry for posting something that was already answered CS. I've even read the whole Wikipedia article about Wonder Woman now that I think about it. Ah well, brains and 2:45 am don't mix.
LOL. That's why I can post at this hour--lost my brains decades ago! :D

Beleriphon
2006-06-25, 02:56 AM
LOL. That's why I can post at this hour--lost my brains decades ago! :D

Excellent, I'm well on my way to joining that presitigious society, the BLW. Brainless League of the World.

I was going to post a Fozzy bear wacka wacka, but that doesn't convey madness as well as I hoped in a written format. Alas poor Yorik, I lost the script.

CelestialStick
2006-06-25, 03:44 AM
Excellent, I'm well on my way to joining that presitigious society, the BLW. Brainless League of the World.

I was going to post a Fozzy bear wacka wacka, but that doesn't convey madness as well as I hoped in a written format. Alas poor Yorik, I lost the script.
I love Fozzy bear!
It's time to put on makeup
It's time to light the lights
It's time to get things started
On the Muppets Show tonight!

Beleriphon
2006-06-25, 03:46 AM
Don't we all, don't we all.

So why did the chicken cross the road?
To get to the other side! Wacka wacka wacka!

CelestialStick
2006-06-25, 03:57 AM
Don't we all, don't we all.

So why did the chicken cross the road?
To get to the other side! Wacka wacka wacka!
And my favorite episode of all--the one in which Christopher Reeve starred as the guest host.

"He really is Superman!" ;D

Beleriphon
2006-06-25, 03:59 AM
And my favorite episode of all--the one in which Christopher Reeve starred as the guest host.

"He really is Superman!" ;D

That is a good one. I don't recall, but did they ever have one with Lynda Carter?

CelestialStick
2006-06-25, 04:56 AM
That is a good one. I don't recall, but did they ever have one with Lynda Carter?

Yes, I see that although her birth name is "Linda," she does use "Lynda" as her stage name. I checked her IMDB file and it doesn't contain any Muppets credit. Indeed for an actress as well known as she is, she has had a very lackluster career. I wonder if the job as Wonder Woman made it difficult for her to get a job doing other things.

I heard tonight from one of my D&D players that the producer of the coming Wonder Woman movie, Joss Whedon, would like to cast her in some role. I think she would be perfect as Hyppolyta, the Queen of the Amazons and mother of Diana (Wonder Woman)! According to the Internet Movie Database, he is in negotiation with an Indian actress named Priyanka Chopra to play the role of Wonder Woman. I would certainly prefer Charisma Carpenter.

Beleriphon
2006-06-25, 11:17 AM
She was in the movieSky High, a Disney superhero flick thats a more than little goofy. She's has all of Wonder Woman's powers without specific reference to the chacter given that Disney doesn't have the rights to use that character.

Ing
2006-06-25, 01:51 PM
bah for being so tirgger happy with their own copy right law suites Disney sure crosses the line into near blatent plagerism...ALOT