PDA

View Full Version : My Build for Naga and Half-Dragon Races [3.5]

Volos
2010-05-13, 04:07 PM
Hello Everyone,

I have two players who want to play fairly interesting races. I have a girl who wants to play a Naga Rogue (Naga as in half snake half man, not the D&D version of said monster), and a guy who wants to play as a Half-Dragon Paladin. I offered him the dragon born, but he wants to be half black, and with his background story and awesome roleplaying ability, it makes sense for him to be a redeemed from evil character.

First the Naga.
Darkathian Naga
Size and Type: Medium Monstrous Humanoid (Reptilian Subtype)
Hit Dice: As class
Speed: 20ft (Upright), 40ft (Slithering), 30ft (Legs), 10ft (Tiny Viper)
Armor Class: Natural Armor +2
Attacks: Melee Bite (1d6 piercing + ½ Str + poison) or Melee Tail (1d8 slam + Str)
Special Attacks: Poison 1d4 Con / 1d4 Con (DC 10 +1/2 Naga’s HD + Naga’s Con Modifier) Improved Grab : A Naga that hits an enemy with its tail slam may choose to start a grapple without provoking attacks of opportunity. If it wins the opposed grapple check then it may automatically do either bite or constriction damage, but not both. Constrict (1d8 + ½ Str)
Special Qualities: +2 Saves against Poisons, +2 Hide and Move Silently (+4 when Slithering), Scent, Low Light Vision. Naga Transformation: A Naga may choose to transform into either a bipedal humanoid or a small snake. This transformation works as polymorph, except as noted here. The Naga must transform into a humanoid or snake that most closely resembles his heritage as a Naga. (For example, a Naga with elf blood may not transform into a human, but may transform into an elf or half-elf. Similarly, a Naga with viper blood may not transform into a constrictor python, but may turn into a viper or cobra.) This transformation lasts for up to 1 hour + 1 hour / 2 HD. Transforming takes a standard action, and the Naga may choose to end his transformation prematurely. Each transformation takes at least ½ hour from the total transformation time allowed that day, even if the transformation was for less time. (For example, a Naga of 2nd level may transform for 2 hours. If he is in his humanoid form for 1 hour, and then ends his transformation, he will have 1 hour left. If he chooses to then later take his small snake form, but then end his transformation after only a few minutes, he will have ½ hour left.) A Naga cannot transform from humanoid form to snake form, he must end one transformation before starting another.
Abilities: Str -2/ Dex +6/ Int +2/ Cha +2
Level Adjustment: +1

And the Half-Dragon
Darkathian Half Dragon
Size and Type: Type becomes dragon, Size doesn’t change
Hit Dice: As class or increase racial HD one size (max d12)
Speed: Land Speed doesn’t change. Fly speed for large size and up is double land speed with average maneuverability or same as land speed for medium size with average maneuverability.
Armor Class: Natural Armor +4
Attacks: Two Claws and a Bite. Medium 1d6 bite / 1d4 claws. Large 1d8 bite / 1d6 claws
Special Attacks: All Half-Dragons have a breath weapon based on their dragon heritage, useable once per day plus an addition use per three hit dice. A successful reflex save (DC 10 + 1/2 HD + Con) halves the damage. Line breath weapons reach for 10ft + 10ft per 3 HD (Max 80ft), and Cone breath weapons affect an area for 5ft + 5ft per 3 HD. (Max 40ft). They do 1d6 per HD of damage.
Dragon - Breath Emanation – Breath Type
Black - - - - - Line - - - - - Acid
Blue - - - - - Line - - - - - Lightning
Green - - - - - Cone - - - - - Acid Gas
Red - - - - - Cone - - - - - Fire
White - - - - - Cone - - - - - Cold
Brass - - - - - Line - - - - - Fire
Bronze - - - - - Line - - - - - Lightning
Copper - - - - - Line - - - - - Acid
Gold - - - - - Cone - - - - - Fire
Silver - - - - - Cone - - - - - Cold
Abilities: Str +8/ Dex -4/ Con +2/ Int +2/ Cha +2
Level Adjustment: +2

Comments and concerns welcome. I know I probably make something unbalanced.

demidracolich
2010-05-13, 04:12 PM
if they guy who wants to play the half dragon doesn't mind not having as big ability bonuses he could looke here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8159828&postcount=257. This monster class is better than the half dragon template in every other way.

Volos
2010-05-13, 04:21 PM
Alright, I think I'll have him use that half-dragon badassery rather then the crap I built for him. Thanks demidracolich.

demidracolich
2010-05-13, 04:32 PM
No problem. As for the naga, can't help you there. However, yours looks a bit strong for +1 LA, natural attacks, poison, and good ability bonuses makes it at least +2 in my opinion.

Oslecamo
2010-05-13, 06:15 PM
Alright, I think I'll have him use that half-dragon badassery rather then the crap I built for him. Thanks demidracolich.

Since you liked my half-dragon, may I present you to my Yuan-Ti, wich are snake-people like you seem to want?

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8017736&postcount=127

Remember you don't have to take all the levels!

Volos
2010-05-13, 06:33 PM
Since you liked my half-dragon, may I present you to my Yuan-Ti, wich are snake-people like you seem to want?

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8017736&postcount=127

Remember you don't have to take all the levels!

I love both your half-dragon and Yuan-Ti classes, so I must confer my congradulations on such a job well done. The Yuan-Ti is what I first suggested to my player, but she wanted something more akin to a completely human top half and a completely snake bottom half. She isn't interested in spells or the other awesomeness that is the Yuan-Ti. Below is an example of what the Naga in my campain world will look like. They are a fairly rare race, born of the union of snake and man long ago. They hide from normal society for the most part but are not completely unheard of.
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs11/i/2006/178/c/7/Naga_Foursome_by_NEPi.jpg