PDA

View Full Version : Earth Genasi Design

theos911
2010-05-13, 07:12 PM
I'm looking to design an npc Earth Genasi that can melle as well as summon(earth elementals) She will be accompanying a half-drow fighter(PC) and possibly an (NPC)elf commoner/rogue/warrior or fighter. Any Ideas ECL should be 2ish but up to 3 can work as well since they have a lvl adjustment

Harperfan7
2010-05-13, 07:23 PM
Be a cleric of a god of earth and war/destruction/etc., or a druid.

theos911
2010-05-13, 07:32 PM
actually BS might be very useful here

gbprime
2010-05-13, 07:50 PM
actually BS might be very useful here

Bonded Summoner? Yeah, that's a cool one. (I do wish it had a 3/4 BAB though.) I used a ranger build and quite a few feats to qualify for it years ago, but a Duskblade can just walk right in after 5th level with one feat. Hexblade doesnt' need to spend a feat on it, it just needs to be 8th level.

Point being, the immunities and companion work nicely for a BAB build, but the caster level dip prevents serious casters from touching it with a 10 foot Rod of Cancellation.

theos911
2010-05-13, 08:01 PM
no clue what bonded summoner is, but sounds cool. I meant Battle Socerer, but I'll look into Bonded Summoner.

theos911
2010-05-13, 08:10 PM
ok looked up bonded summoner, it fits the build of the genasi I was planning so well, I'd think you were physic. It fits her need to understand her heritage and her somewhat elitist attitude thank you much. Duskblade might just be her base class.:smallbiggrin:
elemental savant(CA) is almost the same as bonded summoner, minus the elemental familiar. It's caps are near identical as are several of the becoming elemental abilities, and the energy resistances. Only diff is the BS are more for summoning and the E. Savants more for spells of their chosen type. For an earth genasi it would be acid, and who has acid immunity(well aside from the genasi after a few BS or ES levels)

Optimystik
2010-05-13, 08:20 PM
I meant Battle Sorcerer

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/nothingclever/1254783166725.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/nothingclever/wtf_shinji1.jpg

Props to nothingclever

gbprime
2010-05-13, 09:46 PM
Heh, always willing to help someone avoid a battle sorcerer build. :smalltongue:

Elemental Savant is better if you want to be an arcane caster, Bonded Summoner for a gish build, and you could go Elemental Archon (Faiths and Pantheons) if you want a divine caster build.

Mephit Underlings is a hoot. :smallcool:

theos911
2010-05-14, 05:12 AM
Well keep in mind it's for an npc, shouldn't really overshadow a fighter(ya magic not overshadow fighter-that's gonna be hard-hence my idea with battle sorcerer)