PDA

View Full Version : Confusion

Neon
2010-05-13, 07:48 PM
Hey all
I created this account awhile ago because I somehow ended up promising a friend after he found out I read OotS
Now I have no idea what to do with this account
I mean I know I shouldn't waste it, which is why I'm here
This is the first time I have ever been part of a forum so I am very confused about what I should do
I dont really care how people respond to this, as long as a conversation starts

Maximum Zersk
2010-05-13, 07:51 PM
Well, the first thing I'd say is to start here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117748&page=51)

The next thing I'd say is that the boards aren't so bad compared to other one. In fact, it's positively great. Just so long as you don't break the rules and get noticed by Roland.

Because Roland is always watc--I will go back to my fun.

Neon
2010-05-13, 07:53 PM
XD thanks for that start
But, err, who's Ronald? >_>;;
I feel kind of stupid for asking since it seems like it should be common knowledge

waterpenguin43
2010-05-13, 07:54 PM
XD thanks for that start
But, err, who's Ronald? >_>;;
I feel kind of stupid for asking since it seems like it should be common knowledge
Roland. Don't worry, everybody doesn't know at some point.
He's the Moderator here.

wojonatior
2010-05-13, 08:02 PM
He Smacks down the Banhammer when need be, he locks down off topic or inappropriate threads, he moves threads that are better suited in other areas.

Essentially he is your forum god, don't break any rules and you should stay on his good side.:smallbiggrin:

Yarram
2010-05-13, 09:17 PM
Seriously though, learn fear. Learn it well because at any moment he could come screaming out and - back to our fun.

If worst comes to worst, you can always lurk moar? Post when you feel you have something to contribute?
Or you could delete your account... (Don't do that.)

Cobalt
2010-05-13, 09:25 PM
Also, as the local meme has already been used twice, I recommend that you quickly skim over this, (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151702) to avoid confusion.

Should lead to a tighter grasp on the history of the forum, too.

Which reminds me; Welcome to the Playground.

...I'm going back to my fun.

Cealocanth
2010-05-13, 10:58 PM
Welcome to the Playground. I often use it for general discussion, have a question on your mind? Post it here. Want to talk about RPGs? Post it here. Just want to say something random to people? Think about it first, but post it here afterwords. Have something to scream out or just want to severely disrespect someone? DO NOT post it here! :smalltongue:

I've learned, you can get a lot out of a forum, and this is a good one to start with, good moderators, severe lackage of trolls, RPGs, and naked bards. Yep, this place's got everything.

Blue Ghost
2010-05-13, 11:04 PM
You started a thread in Friendly Banter as your first post in the Playground? I was not expecting this from you.
Well, welcome to the Playground. Everything above has been good advice.

I've learned, you can get a lot out of a forum, and this is a good one to start with, good moderators, severe lackage of trolls, RPGs, and naked bards. Yep, this place's got everything.

Amen to that. Well, I actually haven't seen any naked bards after that incident with Viola. I do hope that does not happen again.

Zeb The Troll
2010-05-14, 12:54 AM
Amen to that. Well, I actually haven't seen any naked bards after that incident with Viola. I do hope that does not happen again.You must not have bumped in to emporer Indurain then...

:smallcool:

Serpentine
2010-05-14, 02:34 AM
Where and/or how has His Nakedness been lately?

thubby
2010-05-14, 02:43 AM
you couldn't have picked a better forum to start on.

if you have a thought or question those around you don't know or care about the answer to? throw it up here and see what you catch.
got an interest and no one around shares it? i guarantee someone here does.

you might want to get your feet wet in the comic discussion area, get to know the thing that brought you here even better!

Zeb The Troll
2010-05-14, 02:48 AM
Where and/or how has His Nakedness been lately?A new work and home situation have caused him to not have as much time as he used to have (both changes for the better). Currently, however, he's co-narrating Pirates V the WW game (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150671) in SMBG.

Ranna
2010-05-14, 03:14 AM
you couldn't have picked a better forum to start on.

if you have a thought or question those around you don't know or care about the answer to? throw it up here and see what you catch.
got an interest and no one around shares it? i guarantee someone here does.

you might want to get your feet wet in the comic discussion area, get to know the thing that brought you here even better!

Ah now now I disagree...

This forum spoils you, it tricks you into believing the internet is a good and happy place.. you will never be able to leave here and make it on your own.. we're like zoo raised pandas who will never make it out in the wild!

I like my Zoo

thubby
2010-05-14, 03:20 AM
Ah now now I disagree...

This forum spoils you, it tricks you into believing the internet is a good and happy place.. you will never be able to leave here and make it on your own.. we're like zoo raised pandas who will never make it out in the wild!

I like my Zoo

well the other extreme is you run head-long in /b, recoil in horror, and never return to the internet again. (or worse, you thrive in /b :smalleek:)

wojonatior
2010-05-14, 05:48 AM
*Shudder* /b... The horrors...

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2010-05-14, 06:03 AM
If a man cannot look /b/ in the face and lol, then he is not a man! :smalltongue:

Also, Poland cannot into space:
http://i448.photobucket.com/albums/qq207/RufusChamberlain/1271092762474.png

Blue Ghost
2010-05-14, 07:25 PM
Ah now now I disagree...

I like my Zoo

But why would one want to leave the Playground into the evils of the Internet anyway?
I did not know Indurain was a bard.

Cobalt
2010-05-14, 08:07 PM
But why would one want to leave the Playground into the evils of the Internet anyway?

Well, with all there is no mind control, citizen, who would?

Sorry, had to do it.

Back to my fun...

...For realz this time.