PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Epic level One-shot adventure...

Il_Vec
2010-05-13, 07:52 PM
Is it a good idea?

No one at my game table has ever played epic levels, most have gotten to 16-20 only. I offered to DM a one-shot epic adventure.

I was thinking like, level 35 character sheets, 4 or 5 encounters.

Any tips, sugestions, opinions?

Boci
2010-05-13, 07:54 PM
Character creation will take forever, it will be incredable hard to challange the players, monsters will either be too hard or too easy most of the time. Start at 25, and even then do not expect things to go smoothly.

demidracolich
2010-05-13, 08:48 PM
Yeah, epic characters tend to break the game into pieces. For example, epic spellcasting. Also one time two of my friends were in a 25th level campaign and they managed to get themselves an intelligent item that casts wish at will.Using the conjuring mundane items up to 25000gp part, they got 2 billion gp to share among 4 characters.(2 each)

FishAreWet
2010-05-13, 08:55 PM
Any tips, sugestions, opinions?
Expect:
-HUGE power ranges on each individual character.
-12+ hours character creation.
-Laundry lists of immunities trivializing encounters
-Disjunctions to be thrown around all the time(make players have two sheets! One with no gear)
-Encounters to either be stupidly easy or stupidly hard

Suggestions:
-Multiple character sheets assuming variables.
-Computerized dice roller! 60d6 is stupid.
-Ban Epic Spellcasting. Just do it.
-Make the 'difficulty' based on protection people/saving something. You won't entertain them with a straight fight.

Runestar
2010-05-13, 08:56 PM
I am betting that unless your players actually played those characters from 1st lv all the way to epic, they will have problems playing the more complex builds effectively and unleashing their full prowess.

For this, you may want to stick with something simple, such as single classes and mostly passive abilities/feats.