PDA

View Full Version : [Exalted] Mad Scientist Lunar: Suggestions, Please?

Leliel
2010-05-13, 10:34 PM
Well, we've all had at least one. You know the type-the Twilight whose only lesson he learned from his memories of the First Age is "no unwilling sapient test subjects" and otherwise is still the misguided and amoral genius he was back then.

I wanted to apply that character type to a No Moon who loves him some Genesis.

So, my future character-I have a habit of building character sheets before the game comes up-is essentially a jaded Immaculate scholar (likes the doctrine, hates the effects) who, upon Exaltation due to his ability to adapt to a crisis (ie, able to think clearly enough to translate Dragon King despite starved out of his mind and figure out how to work the tech), became what would happen if Mordin Solus was a Lunar (right down to a good Preformance score. I am the very model of a scientist Celestial...)

So, what do you think a Lunar with a degree from Wulfenbach University (Girl Genius FTW) would act as one of our favorite therianthropes?

The Demented One
2010-05-13, 11:47 PM
Stamina charms to synthesize poisons are a must. Intelligence-based charms let you come near Solar power in terms of crafting, albeit you'll not be getting their crazy speed. But when you're a tyrant lizard in moonsilver celestial battle armor, that don't really matter.

Tavar
2010-05-13, 11:56 PM
If they were martially focused, they'd definitely get the knack that lets them chose whatever abilities they want for warform. Might take some of the interesting hearts blood ones as well(turn others into you, take forms without killing, that sort of thing). Isn't there some ability that lets you make beastmen outside of the wyld? I think that's a likely one as well.

Oh, and Demented One? That quote is utterly disturbing out of context, and I'm not sure it'd be better in context.

The Rose Dragon
2010-05-14, 12:16 AM
One thing you definitely need is Inevitable Genius Insight, the mental Fury Charm of Lunars (not to be confused by Fury-OK Charms). Basically, you choose a single project, and you become an unstoppable mental juggernaut while working on it. At least, supposedly. The Charm's effects could stand some improvement, especially as it lacks the free Charm use portion of Relentless Lunar Fury, but it is still a Charm you need to become a mad genius.

Hell, the Charm's description states that "Lunar Exalted are brilliant, if erratic".

Draxar
2010-05-14, 11:23 AM
One thing you definitely need is Inevitable Genius Insight, the mental Fury Charm of Lunars (not to be confused by Fury-OK Charms). Basically, you choose a single project, and you become an unstoppable mental juggernaut while working on it. At least, supposedly. The Charm's effects could stand some improvement, especially as it lacks the free Charm use portion of Relentless Lunar Fury, but it is still a Charm you need to become a mad genius.

Hell, the Charm's description states that "Lunar Exalted are brilliant, if erratic".

If you're up for a major work of homebrewing, it's been stated that there were plans to have Genus-OK charms in the same way as Fury-OK, but time and spoace didn't allow it.

The Demented One
2010-05-14, 12:08 PM
If you're up for a major work of homebrewing, it's been stated that there were plans to have Genus-OK charms in the same way as Fury-OK, but time and spoace didn't allow it.
Genius-OK effects don't really make sense in the same way Fury-OK or Spirit-OK do, though.