PDA

View Full Version : Hell Troll! (3.5)

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-05-13, 10:48 PM
Hell Troll CR 8
Always Lawful Evil Large Outsider (fire, evil, lawful)
Init +3

AC 19 FF 16 Touch 12
(-1 size, +3 Dex , +7 natural)
HD 6
HP 72 (6d8+45)
Fort +11 Ref +5 Will +3

Speed 8 squares (40 ft)
Base Atk +4 Grp +14
Special Attack - Rend: 2d6+9
Attack Claw +9 2d6+6
Full Attack 2 Claws +9 2d6+6, Bite +4 2d6+3

Space 2 squares (10 ft) Reach 2 squares (10 ft)
Abilities: Str 23(+6) Dex 16(+3) Con 24(+7) Int 6(-2) Wis 8(-1) Cha 6(-2)
Total Feats 3
Feats Toughness, Iron Will, Track
Skill Points 9
Skills Sense Motive +3.5
Gear
Total Cost of Gear 0gp
Regeneration(Ex) 10. Cold and acid deal normal damage to a Hell Troll. If a troll loses a limb or body part, the lost portion regrows in 3d6 minutes. The creature can reattach the severed member instantly by holding it to the stump.
Darkvision(Ex) 90ft
Rend(Ex) If a Hell Troll hits with both claw attacks, it latches onto the opponent's body and tears the flesh. This attack automatically deals additional damage. (See attacks)
Scent(Ex) A creature with the scent ability can detect opponents by sense of smell, generally within 30 feet. If the opponent is upwind, the range is 60 feet. If it is downwind, the range is 15 feet. Strong scents, such as smoke or rotting garbage, can be detected at twice the ranges noted above. Overpowering scents, such as skunk musk or troglodyte stench, can be detected at three times these ranges.
Damage Reduction(Su) 5/magic
Spell Resistance(Ex) 13
Smite good(Su) 1/day a Hell Troll can smite a good foe and add additional 6(1/HD) damage to the attack. If the smite is used against a foe that is not good it adds no additional damage but the smite is still used for the day.
Immunity to Fire(Ex) Immunity to Fire
Vulnerability to Cold(Ex) Creatures vulnerable to cold take half again as much (+50%) damage as normal from cold, regardless of whether the saving throw is allowed, or if the save is a success or failure.
Burn(Ex) Reflex save DC 19(+3 HD, +0 Racial, +6 Con, +0 Feat)
This creature deals 2d8 fire damage with any natural attack. Those hit must succeed on a Reflex save or catch fire. The flame burns for 1d4 rounds. A burning creature can take a move action to put out the flame. Creatures hitting a burning creature with natural weapons or unarmed attacks take fire damage the same as if being hit by the burning creature as above.
Fiery Aura(Ex) Fortitude save DC 19(+3 HD, +0 Racial, +6 Con, +0 Feat)
Anyone within 5 feet of a creature with fiery aura must succeed on a Fortitude save or take heat damage each round from the intense heat. The amount of damage equals the fire damage dealt by the creature's natural attack.
Advancement By character class

Tell me what you think.

Ps. I'm going to do a line of 3.5 homebrew monsters and I'm open to any suggestions.

Debihuman
2010-05-13, 11:53 PM
I recommend that you change your format to match that of the SRD or MM1 because your format is difficult to follow.

Outsiders have the same BAB as Fighters. BAB is +6 not +4. 7X6=42 not 45 for bonus points.

The DC of Special Abilities is always 10 + 1/2 creature's HD + ability modifier.

I don't understand how you got Sense Motive 3.5 as its only skill. If you put all 9 ranks in Sense Motive you would modify it with -1 from Wisdom for a total of 8.

What class would this creature advance as? You are missing that.
Advancement: By Class; favored class: X

Debby

WoodenSword
2010-05-14, 11:56 AM
Hell Troll CR 8
Always Lawful Evil Large Outsider (fire, evil, lawful)
Init +3

AC 19 FF 16 Touch 12
(-1 size, +3 Dex , +7 natural)
HD 6
HP 72 (6d8+45)
Fort +11 Ref +5 Will +3

Speed 8 squares (40 ft)
Base Atk +4 Grp +14
Special Attack - Rend: 2d6+9
Attack Claw +9 2d6+6
Full Attack 2 Claws +9 2d6+6, Bite +4 2d6+3

Space 2 squares (10 ft) Reach 2 squares (10 ft)
Abilities: Str 23(+6) Dex 16(+3) Con 24(+7) Int 6(-2) Wis 8(-1) Cha 6(-2)
Total Feats 3
Feats Toughness, Iron Will, Track
Skill Points 9
Skills Sense Motive +3.5
Gear
Total Cost of Gear 0gp
Regeneration(Ex) 10. Cold and acid deal normal damage to a Hell Troll. If a troll loses a limb or body part, the lost portion regrows in 3d6 minutes. The creature can reattach the severed member instantly by holding it to the stump.
Darkvision(Ex) 90ft
Rend(Ex) If a Hell Troll hits with both claw attacks, it latches onto the opponent's body and tears the flesh. This attack automatically deals additional damage. (See attacks)
Scent(Ex) A creature with the scent ability can detect opponents by sense of smell, generally within 30 feet. If the opponent is upwind, the range is 60 feet. If it is downwind, the range is 15 feet. Strong scents, such as smoke or rotting garbage, can be detected at twice the ranges noted above. Overpowering scents, such as skunk musk or troglodyte stench, can be detected at three times these ranges.
Damage Reduction(Su) 5/magic
Spell Resistance(Ex) 13
Smite good(Su) 1/day a Hell Troll can smite a good foe and add additional 6(1/HD) damage to the attack. If the smite is used against a foe that is not good it adds no additional damage but the smite is still used for the day.
Immunity to Fire(Ex) Immunity to Fire
Vulnerability to Cold(Ex) Creatures vulnerable to cold take half again as much (+50%) damage as normal from cold, regardless of whether the saving throw is allowed, or if the save is a success or failure.
Burn(Ex) Reflex save DC 19(+3 HD, +0 Racial, +6 Con, +0 Feat)
This creature deals 2d8 fire damage with any natural attack. Those hit must succeed on a Reflex save or catch fire. The flame burns for 1d4 rounds. A burning creature can take a move action to put out the flame. Creatures hitting a burning creature with natural weapons or unarmed attacks take fire damage the same as if being hit by the burning creature as above.
Fiery Aura(Ex) Fortitude save DC 19(+3 HD, +0 Racial, +6 Con, +0 Feat)
Anyone within 5 feet of a creature with fiery aura must succeed on a Fortitude save or take heat damage each round from the intense heat. The amount of damage equals the fire damage dealt by the creature's natural attack.
Advancement By character class

Tell me what you think.

Ps. I'm going to do a line of 3.5 homebrew monsters and I'm open to any suggestions.

Very scary for low-level parties...I'd use this, if I wasn't doing another campaign

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-05-14, 04:32 PM
Very scary for low-level parties...I'd use this, if I wasn't doing another campaign

Well that was the idea, does it do to much damage?

demidracolich
2010-05-14, 04:44 PM
Um, rend is typically the combined damage of two claws, not one claw.