PDA

View Full Version : Batman VS Galactus

InaVegt
2006-06-23, 02:21 PM
Discuss

Steward
2006-06-23, 02:25 PM
Galactus wins in a straight-up fight but Galactus wins with preparation.

Duh.

ElfLad
2006-06-23, 06:01 PM
Well, if it was Galactus vs. Batman one-on-one, Galactus would win unless Batman had years of preptime and cooperation of other superheroes. Given the fact that Galactus has heralds to forewarn people, Batman gets the preparation and it's unlikely that the other superheroes would let him fight by himself. Although it's a well-documented fact that Superman is a ****...

Although worst-case scenario, Batman could offer himself up as Galactus's new herald to spare Earth and become the Silver Bat-surfer, imbued with the Power Cosmic.

CelestialStick
2006-06-24, 03:20 AM
Galactus wins in a straight-up fight but Galactus wins with preparation.

Duh.

LOL. Isn't Galactus supposed to be almost all-powerful? If so, that would mean that Batman would need preparation time to win. ;)

Seriously, though, this would be one of those times where Batman calls in the whole JLU.

Haggis_McCrablice
2006-06-24, 03:31 AM
Wasn't there an issue of the Fantastic Four comic where Reed fed Galactus a planet that proved poisonous to him? Batman could very easily do something like that...or at least put him out of commission with the universe's biggest case of the Hershey squirts.... :-[

CelestialStick
2006-06-24, 03:41 AM
Wasn't there an issue of the Fantastic Four comic where Reed fed Galactus a planet that proved poisonous to him? Batman could very easily do something like that...or at least put him out of commission with the universe's biggest case of the Hershey squirts.... :-[
Why don't you check out Wikipedia and report back to us? I've already spent quite a bit of time on Wikipedia today trying to read and make sense of the history of Wonder Woman. :D

Korith
2006-06-26, 03:32 PM
Batman prepares.

Galactus eats earth (and Batman)

The End.

Ing
2006-06-26, 03:51 PM
batman befriends Galactacus like the TIck did and convinces him to leave by trading 45% of the moon instead

Haggis_McCrablice
2006-06-26, 05:12 PM
Why don't you check out Wikipedia and report back to us?
Well, I did, and I couldn't quite find what I was looking for...but it seems that one of Galactus' heralds, Terrax, tried to poison him in the short-lived 1994 animated series, and for his treachery the big G turned him into a giant worm. It seems Galactus has a problem with employee loyalty, frequently having to recruit new heralds....

Anyway, yes, my point is, Galactus can be killed, if you have the right tools at your disposal. Although Batman never served as a herald, Superman did in a brief crossover.

Oh, yes, Omnipotus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omnipotus). The bite he took out of the moon remained until the end of the series, along with part of Chairface Chippendale's name from a previous episode.

kamikasei
2006-06-26, 06:33 PM
It seems Galactus has a problem with employee loyalty, frequently having to recruit new heralds....
Doesn't he generally get his heralds from planets he eats? Or else, the herald buys his planet's safety with his service? That's not conducive to good workplace relations. You'd think Galactus could be a bit more sensible.

Scenario A:
Galactus: 'I AM GALACTUS. IF I AM TO SPARE THIS WORLD, ONE OF YOU MUST SACRIFICE HIMSELF TO SERVE ME FOREVER MORE."
Herald: "Egads! I must leave behind my life, my love, and all that I hold dear? If it must be so. I am sure this terrible burden will not prove to great for me to bear."

vs

Scenario B:
G: "I AM GALACTUS. IF EVEN ONE PERSON ON YOUR PLANET IS INTERESTED IN ULTIMATE COSMIC POWER AND GETTING TO TRAVEL THE GALAXY FOR JUST A COUPLE HOURS' WORK A CENTURY, CLIMB ABOARD!"
H: "That dude's freakin' HUGE. I am so in."

Edit:
Oh, and Batman should be as capable of 'defeating' Galactus (for XP purposes) as Reed Richards has proven.

Steward
2006-06-26, 06:39 PM
Scenario A:
Galactus: 'I AM GALACTUS. IF I AM TO SPARE THIS WORLD, ONE OF YOU MUST SACRIFICE HIMSELF TO SERVE ME FOREVER MORE."
Herald: "Egads! I must leave behind my life, my love, and all that I hold dear? If it must be so. I am sure this terrible burden will not prove to great for me to bear."

Hey, that sounds like my job!

Shiny, Bearer of the Pokystick
2006-06-26, 06:44 PM
GALACTUS HUNGERS!

He posseses the power cosmic, which grants him control over the four fundamental forces of the universe.

Batman has...agility. And intelligence.
Oh, and batarangs.

Oh, and if Batman ever did defeat Galactus, the universe would be destroyed. So, no.

"I am he who is Galactus! I am he who is the power throughout a thousand thousand worlds! Mine is the will that is the word! Mine the hand that is the might! I am the then! I am the now! I am the yet to be!
I am him who is Galactus! My every whim is living law throughout a thousand thousand worlds! I shall regain my fallen herald! I will choose the time! I will choose the place! Then, I will choose... the strategem! And if Earth must die that I shall live... so shall it be! For, am I not... Galactus?!!"

kamikasei
2006-06-26, 06:57 PM
Batman has...agility. And intelligence.
Oh, and batarangs.
Well now, Galactus has tried to eat Earth in Marvel continuity, and been prevented. From what I can gather from Wikipedia, the FF used the Ultimate Nullifier to threaten him and drive him off. There's also something said about the Nullifier being a part of Galactus' essence, so if Batman's facing Galactus then the Nullifier should exist somewhere for him to find and use. Bottom line, if Mr Fantastic can do it, Batman should be able to as well (barring, obviously, stretching really far).

Oh, and if Batman ever did defeat Galactus, the universe would be destroyed. So, no.
Firstly, I think 'preventing Galactus from eating Earth' would constitute 'defeating' him for our purposes. Secondly, so long as Galactus dies first (before the whole universe is destroyed), Batman can be counted as having won. :P

battleburn
2006-06-26, 07:25 PM
Which hero saved all the planets in the solar system being barbecued on the sun by Galactus?
(not enirely to do with the battle, but hey, where else should I ask) :P

Bluelantern
2006-06-26, 07:58 PM
Well, if it was Galactus vs. Batman one-on-one, Galactus would win unless Batman had years of preptime and cooperation of other superheroes. Given the fact that Galactus has heralds to forewarn people, Batman gets the preparation and it's unlikely that the other superheroes would let him fight by himself. Although it's a well-documented fact that Superman is a ****...

Although worst-case scenario, Batman could offer himself up as Galactus's new herald to spare Earth and become the Silver Bat-surfer, imbued with the Power Cosmic.

DUDE THAT IS THE FREAKEST AWESOMEST IDEA EVER! \o/\o/

We NEED that crossover

Steward
2006-06-26, 08:11 PM
DUDE THAT IS THE FREAKEST AWESOMEST IDEA EVER! \o/\o/

We NEED that crossover

Yeah. As much as we needed Archie meets the Punisher.

AmoDman
2006-06-26, 08:13 PM
Yeah. As much as we needed Archie meets the Punisher.

That would be HILARIOUS. We need both! :D Then they could have a theme song...

p.s. Galactus wins. Is it posssible for Batman to assemble the technology and aid to take him down? Well, maybe, but the conditions would have to be so one-sided in his favor it's not even funny...

KayJay
2006-06-27, 04:45 AM
Oh, and Batman should be as capable of 'defeating' Galactus (for XP purposes) as Reed Richards has proven.
Reed Richards is on a whole different intelligence level than Batman. To say he could deter Galactus says nothing about Batman at all IMO. In fact, if there's anyone who has the "with preparation he always wins" schtick down, I'd give it to Reed. If he wanted to, he could be far far richer than Bruce, and he pretty much has unlimited resources, even more so than Bruce. Consider Ben, who only had a share of the FF's wealth... and he apparently rivals Bill Gates with just that. That was before they lost all their money, but Reed has admitted that was just an experiment and he could get it back when he wanted.

Beleriphon
2006-06-27, 05:34 AM
Which hero saved all the planets in the solar system being barbecued on the sun by Galactus?
(not enirely to do with the battle, but hey, where else should I ask) :P

Duck Dodgers of the 23 1/2 Century!

Cubey
2006-06-27, 06:50 AM
That would be HILARIOUS. We need both! :D Then they could have a theme song...

You know, there actually WAS a Punisher/Archie crossover comic.

kamikasei
2006-06-27, 08:21 AM
You know, there actually WAS a Punisher/Archie crossover comic.
Yup. This one. (http://www.superdickery.com/other/209.html)

Runolfr
2006-06-27, 03:45 PM
In Secret Wars, Dr. Doom proved that it was possible for a human being to defeat Galactus with the right resources. Of course, getting hold of a being composed of living energy that had spent years trapped in the circuits of Galactus' world-ship might be problematic for Bats...

AmoDman
2006-06-27, 07:24 PM
Reed Richards is on a whole different intelligence level than Batman. To say he could deter Galactus says nothing about Batman at all IMO. In fact, if there's anyone who has the "with preparation he always wins" schtick down, I'd give it to Reed. If he wanted to, he could be far far richer than Bruce, and he pretty much has unlimited resources, even more so than Bruce. Consider Ben, who only had a share of the FF's wealth... and he apparently rivals Bill Gates with just that. That was before they lost all their money, but Reed has admitted that was just an experiment and he could get it back when he wanted.

I dunno. Reed Richards, or Tony Stark?

CelestialStick
2006-06-27, 07:38 PM
Well, I did, and I couldn't quite find what I was looking for...but it seems that one of Galactus' heralds, Terrax, tried to poison him in the short-lived 1994 animated series, and for his treachery the big G turned him into a giant worm. It seems Galactus has a problem with employee loyalty, frequently having to recruit new heralds....

Anyway, yes, my point is, Galactus can be killed, if you have the right tools at your disposal. Although Batman never served as a herald, Superman did in a brief crossover.

Oh, yes, Omnipotus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omnipotus). The bite he took out of the moon remained until the end of the series, along with part of Chairface Chippendale's name from a previous episode.
Thanks for checking it out!

Now was Galactus killed, or just turned into a giant worm? And was he just a plain old giant worm, or the Galactus giant worm with full powers? Because frankly I don't know what form he had as Galactus, so he might be just as good as a giant worm. :D

So Superman served as his herald? Wow, Superman with the powers of Silver Surfer but without the goofy surfboard?! He truly would be invincible! :D

Plus Reed's got the whole stretchy-guy thing going for him. ;)

Kish
2006-06-27, 09:03 PM
Thanks for checking it out!

Now was Galactus killed, or just turned into a giant worm? And was he just a plain old giant worm, or the Galactus giant worm with full powers?

After the Silver Surfer refused to help Galactus destroy Earth, he chose his next herald for bloodthirstiness and lack of conscience. This came back to bite him when Terrax poisoned him. The Fantastic Four saved his life, and he turned Terrax into a giant worm. Galactus himself was never turned into a worm.

CelestialStick
2006-06-27, 09:22 PM
After the Silver Surfer refused to help Galactus destroy Earth, he chose his next herald for bloodthirstiness and lack of conscience. This came back to bite him when Terrax poisoned him. The Fantastic Four saved his life, and he turned Terrax into a giant worm. Galactus himself was never turned into a worm.
Ah, thanks for clarifying that. It was my fault; I went back and reread Haggis's original post and see that that's what he (or she? or they?) meant in the first place.

Ok, so was Galactus at all killed in any sense of the word? :D

Haggis_McCrablice
2006-06-28, 03:10 AM
Ok, so was Galactus at all killed in any sense of the word? :D
Briefly, yes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galactus#Temporary_Death).

Poisoning, of course, isn't as sure-fire a death as some might think. It was said Rasputin survived being given cyanide to kill ten men (though this is in some dispute). He had to be stabbed, shot, have the hell beaten out of him, and drowned in an icy river before he finally gave up the ghost.

As to worm-Galactus, it seems the Eater of Worlds is a being largely of perception, so a worm (if it could think) might indeed see him as a giant, omnipotent worm. It's sort of like the five blind men and the elephant: our tiny Earthling brains couldn't begin to percieve Galactus' true form.

It's Duck Dodgers of the 24th 1/2 century, incidentally.