PDA

View Full Version : Let's Play: Soulstorm via LIVESTREAM

ShneekeyTheLost
2010-05-14, 01:50 AM
Okay, so I got Procaster in an attempt to cast some of my SC2 games. Then it dawned on me...

The one problem I had with my previous Let's Play Soulstorm game was... not enough pics.

So, how would you like to see the entire freekin' thing via Livecast, with commentary by yours truly?

ZeroNumerous
2010-05-14, 02:14 AM
The one problem I had with my previous Let's Play Soulstorm game was... not enough pics.

But, what about the other problem? Namely that Soulstorm is just a terrible game? :smalltongue:

The main problem I see with this method is: It'll require people to be on to watch it. Recording it might work better.

ShneekeyTheLost
2010-05-14, 02:15 AM
The main problem I see with this method is: It'll require people to be on to watch it. Recording it might work better.

Well yes, I set it to auto-record so you can just go to my channel and view all the glorious combat whenever the fancy suits you. Or you can watch while I'm actually playing, and perhaps become a PART of the game...

ShneekeyTheLost
2010-05-14, 02:17 PM
So I take it there is no interest in this?

Kzickas
2010-05-14, 02:37 PM
I don't think that DoW lends itself very well to let's playing, your previous effort was okey but DoW is really all gameplay which doesn't lend itself very well to LPing

ZeroNumerous
2010-05-15, 04:43 AM
I don't think that DoW lends itself very well to let's playing, your previous effort was okey but DoW is really all gameplay which doesn't lend itself very well to LPing

X-Com isn't any different. Heck, there are successful(and hilarious) efforts to LP Medieval: Total War II.

I'd be interested if it were Dark Crusade though.

Shas aia Toriia
2010-05-15, 05:27 PM
But, what about the other problem? Namely that Soulstorm is just a terrible game? :smalltongue:

Its not as bad as most people think. Most of the problems were fixed later on - it just took about forever for it to come out.
The reason people dont' play it is because nobody likes air units.

xp194
2010-05-15, 05:33 PM
And the cringe worthy dialogue.

Don't forget that.

The Glyphstone
2010-05-15, 06:25 PM
Can it be any worse than METAL BAWKSES and SIIIIIINDRIIIIII! ? ?

Aragehaor
2010-05-15, 06:31 PM
X-Com isn't any different. Heck, there are successful(and hilarious) efforts to LP Medieval: Total War II.

I'd be interested if it were Dark Crusade though.

Where is this i must see.

On-topic: Well, dawn of war soul storm barely had a story anyways. so this could be fun...

If we can vote for a faction. Orks. Orks. and a thousand times ORKS! every moment your spending not being the orks is causing the death of Joy in the universe. :smalltongue:

ShneekeyTheLost
2010-05-16, 06:08 PM
Can it be any worse than METAL BAWKSES and SIIIIIINDRIIIIII! ? ?

In a word: yes.

For the record, I plan on making my *own* story to go along with this game, which only has a passing resemblance to the 'official' one. As we may recall, in the last thread, the 'baneblade' got called 'the disco wagon' or somesuch.

There's just one little problem with me playing as Orkz... I suck playing them. I really don't know the mechanics, and they are mechanically *VERY* different from the other races, having an entirely different resource pool which must be managed.

I also refuse to play on Hard difficulty. Not because it is unbeatable, but because it takes three times as long and is tedious. It uses the same tactics, cheats the squads power levels and quantity, then it keeps building buildings to keep from loosing all over the damn map so you have to keep scouting to find the damn building stuck somewhere in a corner, so you can finally get to going on with playing the rest of the game.

I can play the following factions on Normal: Space Marines, Sisters of Battle, Imperial Guard, Eldar

I can *try* the following factions on Easy: Orkz, Necrons, Chaos Marines

I know nothing about the rest of the factions, other than I know the Tau have a split tech tree which changes which top-tier units you get, and once you choose, you can never change it, and Dark Eldar are whiny emo boys who have to cut themselves to gain power or some such.

If there is sufficient interest, I'll go ahead and set things up.

Aragehaor
2010-05-17, 04:18 AM
Your own story, Good! Not playing as the orks on normal. The universe is sad. :smallfrown::smalltongue:

But fine, if your not going to use the orks then my vote goes to The Imperial Guard. Fight for the glory of the Imperium! Long Live The Emperor!

ZeroNumerous
2010-05-18, 09:13 AM
I vote Orks on Normal. Because an LP is all about torturing yourself for someone else's amusement.

Also: Orks are in no way hard to figure out. Against the computer you can just build boyz like you'd build pylons and let your vehicles do the heavy work.

ShneekeyTheLost
2010-05-18, 06:16 PM
I vote Orks on Normal. Because an LP is all about torturing yourself for someone else's amusement.

Also: Orks are in no way hard to figure out. Against the computer you can just build boyz like you'd build pylons and let your vehicles do the heavy work.

Well, I s'ppose, if everyone really wants to watch me fall on my arse, I could attempt Orks on Normal...

Toric
2010-05-18, 06:24 PM
Whatever faction you use, I'd watch it.

My vote is for super-superior space elves.

ShneekeyTheLost
2010-05-19, 12:48 AM
2 votes for Ork, 1 for Eldar.

If I can get 10 votes, I'll do this. I'll even set up a new livestream channel just to host the videos.

Kzickas
2010-05-19, 02:26 AM
Orkz, as long as you ham up your preformance sufficiently

ShneekeyTheLost
2010-05-19, 02:43 AM
Orkz, as long as you ham up your preformance sufficiently

I have almost twenty years experience as a RenFaire road-entertainer... I can safely say that I am a very Large Ham (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LargeHam), and I fully intend to feast on Ham and Cheese (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HamAndCheese)

With my tongue firmly planted in my cheek, I shall be the orkiest ork 'oo ever Ork'd.

Also, I got the cockney accent down cold...

Klose_the_Sith
2010-05-19, 03:31 AM
Orkz! :smallbiggrin:

ShneekeyTheLost
2010-05-19, 04:13 AM
Orkz! :smallbiggrin:

That's 4 for Orks... my hopes for being competent dwindle with every vote...

Klose_the_Sith
2010-05-19, 04:19 AM
That's 4 for Orks... my hopes for being competent dwindle with every vote...

Well, that's the plan :smallwink:

ShneekeyTheLost
2010-05-20, 05:07 PM
Any other votes?

DwarvenExodus
2010-05-22, 09:41 AM
Eldar, with focus on webway gates. Read: 'Port in hundreds of turrets.

ShneekeyTheLost
2010-05-22, 07:15 PM
Eldar, with focus on webway gates. Read: 'Port in hundreds of turrets.

That is generally how I play Eldar anyways. However, how do you bypass the 6 turret cap?

Webway Gates + Webway Stealth = invisible bases. Webway gates + force of 2x banshees, 2x warp spiders, and 2x fire dragons = hit you from any direction I care to.

Love the fact that Bonesingers can teleport, and aggressively exploit this to create Webway gates all over the map, including multiple near and surrounding his base.

That's 4 for Ork, 2 for Eldar